Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,796 members, 7,875,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (49473 Views)

10 Reasons Why Serious Minded Guys Look Away From Ladies In Their Early Twenties / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by olatwo(m): 6:16am On Jul 27, 2012
tosh26: Am presently in a relationship with a 20 year old, am 27.Depending on who she is-you could face challenges but I expect that your maturity will make up for her immaturity.

END of DISCUSSION smiley
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by KINGwax(m): 6:18am On Jul 27, 2012
Lemme tell u, OP, it aint new at all, the first porter has said it all...i'm talkin from experience
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Chibuhealth(f): 6:29am On Jul 27, 2012
Age is not sense my people" dat a lady is 30 and above does nt mean dat her senses are 30 and above and vice versa.so,wat matters in dis life is how u take a particular gal u ar dealing with.not wen u behave negetively u expect unda 20,21,22 as u listd 2 behave positively.dats lie" dat a gal insults in a relationshp depends on how d guy treats her.dats all" okay! On d side of flashy thngs,how can a guy demanding 4 sex almost everyday d gal comes 2 hs house and don't expect d particular gal 2 request 4 one thng nd anoda.Guys talk out of experience,stop talkng bcoz u c a topic.THERE IS NO AGE IN TRUE LOVE

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by searay(m): 6:30am On Jul 27, 2012
bashr8: that age group is the worst for a guy hoping to settle, they lack respect, run their mouth a lot and dont understand what commitment is,they dont know what they want yet and cant understand right from left. at that age they are still attracted to yopie yopie, party ,baseball hat wizkid kind of guys thats why most guys either marry their age mate or wait till their 31 ,32 to marry a girl that is at least 25 or 26. its hard to find a cool headed ones that have matured , the worse is if she is still a student or in nysc she will be bleeping her school mates or school boyfriend while your at the side tongue
Experience
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by searay(m): 6:35am On Jul 27, 2012
acidtalk: *coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".
preach precher
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by comm: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2012
Chidex2442: i dnt do babe tinz next page please!
eya..., i dont know how old you are, but i'm sure when you start doing babe tinzs u will want to come back to this post to see what ppl actually had to say, sincerely: we don't have the time and capacity to make and correct all the mistake to make us experienced about life, so when u see ppl ask questions like this, don't think u are immune rather see if u could learn a thing or two from it cos we are as good as the things we know when faced with situations we never envisage.
eya..., i dont know how old you are, but i'm sure when you start doing babe tinzs u will want to come back to this post to see what ppl actually had to say, sincerely: we don't have the time and capacity to make and correct all the mistake to make us experienced about life, so when u see ppl ask questions like this, don't think u are immune rather see if u could learn a thing or two from it cos we are as good as the things we know when faced with situations we never envisage.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by codernoni: 6:51am On Jul 27, 2012
freecocoa: Ha! See problem o.

Thank God my boo doesn't think like most of the guys on here.
He mite as well have commented. U can't know tongue
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by bigl: 7:03am On Jul 27, 2012
I read a ghanian bookabout courtship and it made a point. An average lady who is less than 23 or 24 can't really figure out her direction in life.

And come to think of it, a man who is tryin to settle down with such might be frustrated tryin to keep her focused. Its not that she's being wicked but, that's just d way it is.

And dis is d reason why I don't date anyone less than 26 except if we are just dating for sexuality only. In which case, she'll be more than committed. But marriage tins? Oh, hell no.

@OP: I wld advise u to look around, u'll get ladies who ar in their late 20s, mature and know wђat they want.

And by d way, that crap our parents feed us abt marryin a lady who is 5years or more younger "cos of respect" is bullshit. A woman, who is 20years younger can and wld disrespect u still
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Abagworo(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2012
With what I have come to understand, it is different strokes for different folks when it comes to this age thing in women. How a man carries himself is also very important with regards to the amount of respect he gets from his lady whether 21 or 25.

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 27, 2012
Its not an easy task oo cos the early 20s are easy way to c ur grave untimely but if u must do it go for d ones that is religious and have the fear of God even with this u will still encounter some ups and downs but don't commit all ur heart to the relationship cos they tend to see many toasters everyday which will make dem cheat on u and get u frustrated
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by sandraa(f): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2012
Gosh i cant believe you guys have sense like this o!

As in from most of the replies i can see guys are stepping up to the "I have grown up zone"

On a real note most chics in their early twenties are not ready to marry trust me i ve been there!
Its just at that stage they dont know what they want but just flow with the "trend" at hand or what my "family want"

It takes a little reality check to push them in the right direction in life!

So if you ve a chic in her early twenties that you want to marry, just be there on the side and be friends with her cos your time will come when she will realise you are the one and thats when you can marry her!
You have to ve a lot of patience cos enough guys will go in and out under ur nose, but just set your eyes on the ball!

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:22am On Jul 27, 2012
Op are you ready to fathom tha insults that rails from tha mouth of this early 20's babes ... Its very rare τ̅o find gals of that age who are matured-minded and respectful ... As for moi, I go for the late 20's and Ȋ̝̊̅†'s been working out for me!! Just be careful and choose well cux †ђE̶̲̥̅̊ very minute †ђε̲̣̣♈̷̴̩‎ see Ūя̲̅ unclothedness that's tha end of †ђE̶̲̥̅̊ story !!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2012
Sijo01:

there are some early twenties dat more cool headed and also kno wat dey want more dan some late twenties......in others words, maturity is not defined by age.

My experience with them does not say otherwise.

What is the essence of acting foolish at early 20's and acting matured at late 20's? That is full blown foolishness if ask me. Some people say ladies mature faster than their male counterpart but I don't think that is true because most of them lack wisdom.

If you take action without reasoning what the effect will be, then you are foolish and lack wisdom. I had a girl 2007 and by 2009 we broke up because of her crazy attitude. She was 21 when we started. She was acting faster than her shadow, wanting to eat her cake and have it and at the end, she had herself to blame. Is this how you categorise someone as being more matured than the male counterpart, someone without wisdom? By 2012 she said I dont call her anymore or text her as I used to do and I said when I did all that, she never valued it. I asked her why she behave the way she did back then and her reply was that she didn't know what she was doing back then and that she's now grown up. Really?

I don't think so. I had similar experience with girls within that age bracket and I just dey my own now ...I beg no nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 7:30am On Jul 27, 2012
Piro4rl: DONT TAKE HER SERIOUS RATHER LET HER BE THE ONE TO TAKE THE RELATIONSHIP MORE SERIOUSLY.
the same thing I told him.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by vega84(m): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2012
There is no issue here abeg next!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 7:33am On Jul 27, 2012
overkill®:
There's absolutely nothing wrong in dating a girl in her early 20s. I got married at 21 and I'm very happy and fullfilled! Age is just a number!
there's lady and your case is 1/10. So, don't speak for others. I'm talking from experience.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by RuuDie(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2012
ledafaze: Guys (Male and Female),

If I should refer this to a friend, someone will reply saying I should just paint myself straight...

I need your advice here... I am a single guy in his late twenties and I truly believe in having at least a relationship that will be up to 18 months. Lately, my interests has been in ladies of early twenties... Like [b]20, 21, 22 [/b]and I rarely have taste for the older ones.

I need advice from others that have gone through this about going into it or not. Will they be matured enough to go into a serious relationship despite the fact that they might have finished Higher College / University?

911!

In my hood, dames of such ilk are dubbed "Fabregas".

So like Arsene Wenger, be prepared to nuture and then lose 'em to the Barcas, Madrids and Citehs of this world. But before that time comes, make sure you have gotten as much 'value' as you can off 'em because their departure is, more or less, inevitable!

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by realmscape: 7:43am On Jul 27, 2012
Sijo01: I dont see the issue here! undecided

really there are no issues about that. its all about maturity and exposure. smiley smiley
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 7:48am On Jul 27, 2012
acidtalk: *coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".
Yay! Acid talk, you have just hit the nail on the head.

My ex used to say "... You know I am a young beautiful girl" blah blah blah. And she got 'd.i.c.ked' and dumped. Na me she want to carry used tissue? O boy see on the run. Foolish dog!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by frevangel(m): 7:50am On Jul 27, 2012
Me thinks the main issue is knowing what you want. Why are going into the relationship? If you are just going to have fun(which is sin), then you shouldnt be worried, any would do. But if you are thinking of getting married, you should consider older ones though in rare cases you find a responsible and mature young girl. Young girls tend to be immature and have wrong focus, while older ladies (not all though) tend to be more focused and responsible because they want to settle.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by vanstanzy(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2012
ledafaze: Guys (Male and Female),

If I should refer this to a friend, someone will reply saying I should just paint myself straight...

I need your advice here... I am a single guy in his late twenties and I truly believe in having at least a relationship that will be up to 18 months. Lately, my interests has been in ladies of early twenties... Like 20, 21, 22 and I rarely have taste for the older ones.

I need advice from others that have gone through this about going into it or not. Will they be matured enough to go into a serious relationship despite the fact that they might have finished Higher College / University?

911!

My Guy, to tell u the truth girls of these age bracket are sweet but not all are matured enough emotionally (but dont know it) or expect too much from guyz, thats why they date married men. Most of them "build their castles in the air and not on the ground like the older ones", u know what i mean. With any luck though, u may meet the matured ones to date, cos they are not all the same. GOOD LUCK!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by uyogabie(f): 7:54am On Jul 27, 2012
It all depends on your level of patience and tolerance cos that is what marriage is all about, no matter the age of your bride.It is too much westernization that has made the ladies not ready to settle down at that age.Most of our Mothers married below 20 and it worked fine then because they were brought up that way.They are still some cool headed early 20 Girls ready and matured for marriage.It all depends on Family background,social status and her ideaology about marriage .Moreover,some of our Mothers believed that 'early marriage' is better cos your Tissues as a woman are still young and a perfect time for child bearing.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by frevangel(m): 7:59am On Jul 27, 2012
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
overkill®:
There's absolutely nothing wrong in dating a girl in her early 20s. I got married at 21 and I'm very happy and fullfilled! Age is just a number!

I can tell from your post you are still growing! At 21 you shouldnt even be on nairaland, you should be reading your books!!!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by emsquare(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2012
omega25red: poster no one and i mean no one can fortell what your experience will be dating someone who is 20,21 or 22.

you can have a good or bad experience dating people of all ages, but it really is up to you to figure out if the person you are talking to meets your standards. if not, NEXT!

Nyc!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by overkillR(f): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2012
You sounded so much like a teenager. My gosh! Was d GTFOH necessary? You see why I say age is just a number. You don't have to be in your late tweenties to be matured.

The poster is talking about girls in their early tweenties not 16yr olds thus my statement.

P.S- pls guys if you can't argue without calling names (which is a norm here) don't quote me. Thanks!

sexkillz:
Enough with this "age is just a number" bullshit!
Age is not and will never be just a number. So age is just a number, and a 30 year old man comes up here wanting to marry a 16 year old girl, and he gets cussed out?

GTFOH!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Maxdiamond(m): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2012
Most girls within dis age bracket dnt kw wot lyf all abt.All dey want is money n material tins.dey r always involve in lies,cheat,aving many Bf etc.ur r/ship can nt work wit them b/c they are u ready 2 settle dwn yet and they lack undastanding n maturity.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by overkillR(f): 8:35am On Jul 27, 2012
You guys make 20 sound like the new 17. Not all chicks in their early tweenties are immatured.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Konnektions146(m): 8:35am On Jul 27, 2012
[center]i never knew people see all dese stuuf with these chewing-gum girls,
there are a lot of issues with early 20s girls, and attimes i just wonder if dey re worth de stress,
materialistic, childish, unreasonable , unrealistic and all what not,

who said, age is just a number, i consider age as 1st , cos thats de bedrock , wen a lady is older she sounds better,
i would want someone i could discuss with, share my experience at work wit, talk abt things that would develop US,
and not some dummies that are just dere to open legs, close it, sleep and wake up asking for de latest gadgets and in-vogue stuff.

i may not be de best or de most inteligent but i want a lady dat will have some +ve impact in my life rather dan dull me to death.

guys, i am happy yu know whats up with these ladies, play with dem if u want to, get serious with the serious minded wen u re ready
[/center]
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by kenx1(m): 8:39am On Jul 27, 2012
A typical gurl in her early 20s J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ had dis chat:

Participants:
-------------
K€NN¥, Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink

Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink:
Gud am
K€NN¥:
Hi hi dis topic is killing me ѠϊζϦ lafta
K€NN¥:
https://www.nairaland.com/1001027/issues-dating-ladies-early-twenties
Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink:
Intresting
K€NN¥:
R U̶̲̥̅̊ reading it because its S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ true
Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink:
ƔєA̲̅ђ
K€NN¥:
Gurls dat age don't know wat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ want
Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink:
ƔєA̲̅ђ
Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink:
Today is my fwend bday
K€NN¥:
Hmmm............
Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink:
ƔєA̲̅ђ she's my dp
K€NN¥:
Cute gurl
Pweety<3<3mz=*ijay;wink:
Vewi cute

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by cosby07: 8:43am On Jul 27, 2012
Its only Nigeria You see all dis rubbish, asking a girl out for months rubbish after U go say U no get husband,tell me how U go get husband, even common GHANA girls are better than nigerian girls, rubbish set of girls, na wetin dey make una propose to man at d age of 30 when una no get hope, short sighted girls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Traffic In Yaba Today / How Did You Find Out Your Partner Was Cheating? / Evangelist And Medical Doctor Get Married After 10 Years Of Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.