Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (49471 Views)

10 Reasons Why Serious Minded Guys Look Away From Ladies In Their Early Twenties / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
2tek: SUMMARY:

20-24 - They think they're doing you a favour

25 -30 - They know you're doing them a favour

31 - 39 - The Lord is my Shepherd, I Shall Not Want

40 - above- GOD unto U I commit my spirit

voted up!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
acidtalk: *coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".

Wise counsel.,...
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
tEsLim: You must be prepared to wear tin skin tight jeans and dress like wizkid or iceprince with backpack. well just kidding there are matured ones. Age isn't really maturity know that all women come with individual problems. take your time search. dont be in a rush. you can fidn good ones in that age group too. Depends on the home she comes from. Well you know what it is if you meet a girl at show/rave/club and expect her to change because you wan marry. unless a girl that have decided to step up on her own. Though sometimes if you are good at nuturing.. well you can start grooming a wify from that age. else you wait and date older girls that have seen hell in the hands of other guys and now have cooled down and ready to get things right. the ball is in your court. but women at their prime will usually think they have several options. thats why the youngies will run mouth etc. it takes a mature man to hold it down. young or old babe there is a thin line between them. woman na woman. even your mumsy na just little difference. if you hang out well enough with your dad and you talk to him a lot you will know.

Haven't you heard your dad say "This woman don come with her own again"

Lolz....lol
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by safeLove(f): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
Saint Chukz: i don't really know why i may be having this thought, but i get the feeling you are a relationship expert/counsellor. Are you one..?
Well,you could say that. I comment on posts I can relate with. As per this topic,I wasn't emotionally ready for a commited relationship till I hit 25. Then I made up my mind to cool down for bros.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by xyloxloto(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
Julieccentric: H

You seem to be frustrated..I am 22 yrs of age & all my suitors have always been in their late 3o's.So you expect that I jump @ them..What were they doing since?busy breaking the hearts of babes.Whether togo gals are better than SA gals or naija gals na u sabi.I am gonna settle down @ 24 and that is if the person am dating now can stand my issues. Abi is it by force to marry?

sorry my dear marriage will soon become by force to you when the time comes infact you will seek you MAY not see
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Michky: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
sashaa: I must say am surprised at the comments on this thread. I always thought early twenties are the ideal ages that guys go for. Ok o. Am 26, so y aint i hooked yet?
*wide grin*
You're nt hooked yet becos you're always locked up in your bedroom browsing nairaland, and watching home videos. Plus ur character could be putting a lot of folks off. Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
xyloxloto: [/b]

sorry my dear marriage will soon become by force to you when the time comes infact you will seek you MAY not see

Are you married?I wish u same!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by stupor(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
Am thirty dating one of the coolest,intelligent,pretty as in pweetily young damsel who is just 24.

She is in her finals in ICAN and University,I love based on the fact she also loves me.

But I won't take away the fact that I opened up the relationship,to be a freewill because I actually wanted that way and that's how we both see it.

Am a very Athletic man,fit,cute and dark-trim handsome and ambitious even a 12 year old girl would quickly notice it,so it makes me fit into the ribbon very quickly,than me at 30 looking very 55 !

If you must date someone younger at tweenies and you thweeties,you must go a vividly clear reason,that is,you have affections,love and ready to devote your time for her.

Now every tweenie naturally loves every thweeetie its a natural phenomenon ! Reason at that age,a tweenie wants someone other than her parents or older brothers to cuddle,relate,ask matured questions from and also the thweetie at that age as man,don't want to look irresponsible but be considered well to do and respectful person such which he is gotten tired of hearing his parents,uncles of prob. Friends call him or say he's still their baby,so would go for a younger girl who would respect his views cordially.

Guy ! There's nothing wrong with your going for a tweenie,is just that as people's character are so different from eachother so also are girls either your peer,agemates,old,young.

Have seen very old people behave immaturedly and have also seen a girl like mine behave like she's older than I.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
Michky: You're nt hooked yet becos you're always locked up in your bedroom browsing nairaland, and watching home videos. Plus ur character could be putting a lot of folks off. Just saying.

You think you have made a point??
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by sashaa(f): 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
Michky: You're nt hooked yet becos you're always locked up in your bedroom browsing nairaland, and watching home videos. Plus ur character could be putting a lot of folks off. Just saying.
lol, i dont lock myself up like u said. I work and socialize some. And by hooked i actually meant 'married' .as for the character part, well i cant rate myself but all i can say is, i was raised well.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by chegson: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
@ poser Most girls in that age bracket are yet to develop matured mind. Some might demand so much from you without giving you any respect.
But i belief,with perfect understanding, genuine love and affections for each other, good relationship can be built up.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pauloman(m): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2012
munky: my current gf is 21 and am 27. this relationship has had its own ups and down. not been easy at all. at dis age most girls dont see any man as their future husband or life partner. so you really need patience and self control.

My gal frend is only 20,graduating next month frm the university,a hottie n i mean a real hottie like a 9/10 rating,tall,chocolate color,slim ,intelligent ,model figured ,a fair enof churchy type not a religious fanatic or SU,well groomed in home made activities. Though she exhibits some attitudes atimes but not to d extreme. Did i mention that she is still a virgin too. I am engaged to her already n we are getting married soon. Oh and im in my early 30s and she is madly in love with me.

I would say i prefer her to an old late 20s gal whom sometimes could be a very hard nut to crack wen it comes to relating because some of them believe they have seen it all so wat do u want to tell them or do to them that they havent seen before. They also pretend a lot.

So poster the answer is stick to wat ur comfortable with n wat works for u.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
acidtalk: *coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".

70 LIKES....ISN'T THAT A. NAIRALAND RECORD....I think I should jot this down.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pauloman(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sijo01:

there are some early twenties dat more cool headed and also kno wat dey want more dan some late twenties......in others words, maturity is not defined by age.

I agree with u a 100% but such are very very few no thanks to the poverty level and the breakdown of the family unit
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pauloman(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2012
Piro4rl: DONT TAKE HER SERIOUS RATHER LET HER BE THE ONE TO TAKE THE RELATIONSHIP MORE SERIOUSLY.

Good skill...this will confirm if she really loves u and wants to be with u no matter what
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
bashr8: can you summersault in the bedroom ? wouldnt it be easier if you just joined a circus grin
dat one na serious Suicide "Magun in Yoruba" chk it out.
Abeg no somersault on bed or inside bedrm o...
Lemme take a stroll outta here again. I don peep small... Walks out.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pauloman(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
overkill®:
There's absolutely nothing wrong in dating a girl in her early 20s. I got married at 21 and I'm very happy and fullfilled! Age is just a number!

Very true...maturity is the key word ,which u can even find in an 18years old gal or there about but their type is very rare !

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Pakavy(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
Idowuogbo: ^ Wots d issue? cheesy
still trying 2 figure it out
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Sijo01(f): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
pauloman:

[b]I agree with u a 100% [/b]but such are very very few no thanks to the poverty level and the breakdown of the family unit

wink
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by acidtalk: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2012
12 inches!:

*bowing to acknowledge the ovation*
Where's that big headed stingy boy called Suen Osewa?
I deserve a price for this joh!
Seun get intouch before I use force to take my gift.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by safeLove(f): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2012
pauloman:

My gal frend is only 20,graduating next month frm the university,a hottie n i mean a real hottie like a 9/10 rating,tall,chocolate color,slim ,intelligent ,model figured ,a fair enof churchy type not a religious fanatic or SU,well groomed in home made activities. Though she exhibits some attitudes atimes but not to d extreme. Did i mention that she is still a virgin too. I am engaged to her already n we are getting married soon. Oh and im in my early 30s and she is madly in love with me.

I would say i prefer her to an old late 20s gal whom sometimes could be a very hard nut to crack wen it comes to relating because some of them believe they have seen it all so wat do u want to tell them or do to them that they havent seen before. They also pretend a lot.

So poster the answer is stick to wat ur comfortable with n wat works for u.
Congrats! But, are you also in love with her or you are just with her because of the PHYSICAL qualities you just listed? Please don't come back to NL with the topic "help my girlfriend is getting fat. I want out"..#amjustsaying#
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2012
12 inches!:

Record, yes. But then this one has 98 likes, and counting. . .

www.nairaland.com/1000494/dating-broke-man#11569144
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
pendo89: The problem at times with NL is that people give advice based on the bad experiences only.
We live out the good,those that succeeded.
Nway.its a mindset.
Sorry mate, I am yet to have a good experience... So, I don't have any good experience to share.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by greaterlove(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
when i was 28 i dated a lady who was 27 and boy that was the only relationship i ended and threw a party for my friends with a thankgiving on the sunday to thank the Almighty for delivering me from such a girl. i think it all have to do with the person but generally we expect girls in that age bracket not to be really ready to settle down but it does not mean there are no exceptions, i met my wife when she was 22, i had my fears and expected her to misbehave or show some of the traits associated with girls of her age, infact i never even expected it to last, until i noticed the goals and plans she has, how she is going about it, her sacrifices to achieve some of her goals, hw far she has gone and what her idea of a family should be and i was impressed by the level of maturity and focus,. she exhibited a level of maturity that u expect to see in older ladies and was not really into the kardashians, e!, rihanna and some of those stuff girls of her age were so engrossed in, infact i was the one who took her clubbing for the first time, her cooking again was wonderful, we hardly eat out, she has some faults thou but really noone is perfect not even me so i forgot the other shortcomings and did all i can to make her my wife.

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by jpphilips(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
ledafaze: Guys (Male and Female),

If I should refer this to a friend, someone will reply saying I should just paint myself straight...

I need your advice here... I am a single guy in his late twenties and I truly believe in having at least a relationship that will be up to 18 months. Lately, my interests has been in ladies of early twenties... Like 20, 21, 22 and I rarely have taste for the older ones.

I need advice from others that have gone through this about going into it or not. Will they be matured enough to go into a serious relationship despite the fact that they might have finished Higher College / University?

911!

if you are in Nigeria, find yourself a mid twenties out of school working class, those tiny students have heads full of saw dust
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pauloman(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
Julieccentric:

funny buh scary!

Scary u say? Better start working onn ur issues gal b4 its too late !!!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2012
I av been there...Let's be realistic....girls in their mid twenties not all but a majority still believe the world revolves around them...But when eventually live school, finish nysc and are faced with the realities of life, they wud be slapped back to reality. I av met some girls in the mid twenties who are reasonable but majority are just like one other person has said "Blackberry babes" or "take me to cinema babes" they dnt understand the value of time, purpose, hardwork and money.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by jpphilips(m): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2012
xyloxloto: [/b]
bros sorry it does not work that way , can you vouch for her as she is now?

the guy don lost tey, he did not even understand that as he types, the girl may be keeping him as assistant boyfriend. 25yrs and above anyday anytime, no be all ooo.

i have seen a 29yr old lady still dating a married man and doing runs, she seriously believes the man will leave his wife for her, lol
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pauloman(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
safeLove:
Congrats! But, are you also in love with her or you are just with her because of the PHYSICAL qualities you just listed? Please don't come back to NL with the topic "help my girlfriend is getting fat. I want out"..#amjustsaying#

Lol trust me i have been with haaaawwwt ladies n i dont get carried away with physical looks. I get attracted to a lady by the intrinsic values she possess rather than the physical. Minus the looks she got dis gal is an asset personified. Even if she gets fat at d long run which i doubt she would bcoz she wont allow it,her numerous other assets would erase that out i beleive. So yes i lover her too.

One thing u have to know is that loving someone is not just based on feelings that clouds ur emotions n senses which is typically what is termed "falling in love". Its a conscious effort of looking @ ur partners strenghts n weaknesses and objectively making a decision to stand by this person no matter what challenges comes ur way either presently or in the future and this is what is called "Standing in love" which is lacking in marriages these days,hence,the high divorce rates in the world today !

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Konnektions146(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
pauloman:

Scary u say? Better start working onn ur issues gal b4 its too late !!!
i hope she listens
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by nonesense: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2012
foyeks2001:

So women are now left-overs...am sure u have sister,aunties and am sure u r gonna have enuf female children...mtchewww
So, na today you know say ladies are leftovers, i no dey bleep ladies pass three times before i change am like cloth...but with the aids of my Visa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Traffic In Yaba Today / How Did You Find Out Your Partner Was Cheating? / Evangelist And Medical Doctor Get Married After 10 Years Of Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.