Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,545 members, 7,888,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:38 PM

Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes (28489 Views)

INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan / Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by pleep(m): 12:00am On Aug 18, 2012
stop talking in giant purple letters its dumb as hell.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:
am using your head….stop arguing on what you know nothing about, bashr8 and Odumchi ve properly schooled you on Igbo customs and traditions but u ve vehemently refused to learn one or two things from them.
What re you on about? from high bride price to female dis-inheritance in Igbo land. Stop trying too hard; you can’t be more catholic than the pope.

Arrgh . . . I see . . another one of those "I know more because I say so even though my conversations reveal I am arguing blindly" goons on nairaland . . . you know what GOODLUCK
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by oluchijud(f): 12:01am On Aug 18, 2012
chiboy1928: Why should imo girls be expensive when majority of them are illitrates,ugly,wit expired pussy,I tink their bride price should be the most cheapest bride price,atleast if it is reduced to 300 naira it will beta,and the funny tings is dat u get to see most of dis imo girls 35 upward still not yet married,I would never advised anyone to marry an imo lady cos most of them are bad and with bad characters.
.. Na wao... C hu is talking abt illiteracy wen he cldnt evn type one correct english sentence. Must u comment self?...
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by igosee: 12:04am On Aug 18, 2012
Revolva: Well una get time dey pay bride price when I nak d babe give am belle - emergency wedding haha nau dey reign o -then we go settle marriage any year in d future wey I don bouyant

if the unexpected happens, then you will sell all you had in life to take care of it, so don't go there
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by pleep(m): 12:04am On Aug 18, 2012
On behalf of all the intelligent posters on this thread:

[size=40pt]KOBOJUNKIE GTFO[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EkwyOmalicha: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2012
Solozzo:

Are you a prostitute?

Don’t just rush to make a post… read from page one to ve a full grasp of the topic.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by DANILSA(m): 12:10am On Aug 18, 2012
asha 80: my maternal side of family comes from a notorious area for this high bride price issue.when i see my female cousins from my maternal side(most of them in their mid and late thirties) i just have pity for them because a lot of people are beginning to shy away from them on knowing the area they are from in imo state.something has to be done fast otherwise them go here am.i have told one of them that they(females) would have to be the one to liberates themselves and their female offsprings by protesting this nonsense but then again some of them actually promoted this high pride issue when they were younger like saying things like 'we are not cheap' whenever the this issue rose up in our family those days.i guess they are not beating their chests now.
Oboy ur mother na mbaise women, from their fruit u shall know them, they nearly made my uncle poor.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by DANILSA(m): 12:10am On Aug 18, 2012
Make them reduce am, so I fit come carry my asanwa,tomato jos, asampete nwa, tolotolo nwa, elewaukwu egbue ewu,mmimi. Baby here I come.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EkwyOmalicha: 12:14am On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Arrgh . . . I see . . another one of those "I know more because I say so even though my conversations reveal I am arguing blindly" goons on nairaland . . . you know what GOODLUCK

Common sense is truly not common…..purge yourself of self induced bewilderment......quit making an azz of yourself, you must not post on every topic...am out.

3 Likes

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EkwyOmalicha: 12:21am On Aug 18, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

Common sense is truly not common…..purge yourself of self induced bewilderment......quit making an azz of yourself, you must not post on every topic...am out.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by emkez: 12:22am On Aug 18, 2012
good at they will stop demanding from primary upto university level bride price
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 12:26am On Aug 18, 2012
Theblessed: [size=13pt]Finally, for the Imo State of Assembly and Ohaneze Ndi Igbo:

We, the daughters of Igbo land are saying that, our BRIDE PRICE and INHERITANCES must go hand in hand before, we pack our bags, please!!!!! grin grin
[/size]

I believe it is time the price became more symbolic across all of Nigeria. However, these elders need to tackle the issue of rights of these women in their marriages. It should not be a village to village decision as they are human beings no matter where they go, or end up.

And then there is the problem of abandonment, which as far as I am concerned amounts to divorce. I know in a lot of cases, there is still that belief that divorce should never happen but, is it really the best for the women, and there children? At least a divorced woman can go to the courts and fight for something, but the abandoned women are left with nothing in most of the cases. And this might be a good time to visit this issue, and maybe start changing that perception that being abandoned is better than being divorced, especially in today's society.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by dayokanu(m): 12:29am On Aug 18, 2012
[size=14pt]Everyone is saying in my community we dont collect, others are saying we collect just 100Naira

So which state or community is the house of Assembly talking about if it doesnt affect people in Iboland

Maybe its the people in Katsina they are referring to[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Aug 18, 2012
dayokanu: [size=14pt]Everyone is saying in my community we dont collect, others are saying we collect just 100Naira

So which state or community is the house of Assembly talking about if it doesnt affect people in Iboland

you dey mind them?
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by mikeuz(m): 12:42am On Aug 18, 2012
joejeezy: How much exactly are we talking about here?

Sometimes it gets up τ̲̅ȍ about 400K in total. even more in some instance or lesser.
The more daughter in the family, the more the wahala, U̶̲̥̅̊ go buy soap and wraper for them all.you go take care of all the community elders, and lots more.the tin is lyk business or beta source of lively hood for some community elders.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by mikeuz(m): 12:46am On Aug 18, 2012
dayokanu: [size=14pt]Everyone is saying in my community we dont collect, others are saying we collect just 100Naira

The main bribe price is not even the major issue, things that you will pay for and buy for the elders and the family, b4 even talkin of the bribe price is the issue
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by donvinchi: 12:46am On Aug 18, 2012
cyril83: Igbo people and their greediness, what's the essence of selling out your daughter as if they wil not collect penny from their in law again....can't even dream of marrying an igbo lady, igbo gurls r so selfish and flirt.

My guy u dull.who us asking u to marry an igbo lady.what do u understand by flirt?pls go and make research on the level of infidelity and rate if divorce in ur place and compare. And pls don't judge or are u free from d sin of greed? Saint Cyril

2 Likes

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by OgidanAyo: 1:18am On Aug 18, 2012
Hey guys, I just stumbled upon this. This is a sight where you can get almost anything, make purchases as well as make money online without necessarily buying anything. Although you could earn more money by actually buying something, which connotes that, if you get paid for making purchase whatsoever, it is as good as getting that thing for free. It's all guaranteed. Just a CLICK away and you're good to go.... http://allsolutionsnetwork.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi/AO76568/moremoney.htm
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 18, 2012
[quote author=Kobojunkie][/quote]bia! Madam kobo! I bu onye imo? Obi gi n'ile di na akuko a anyi na ako.or am I dreaming? U are really serious discussing issues about this topic.hmmmm! undecided
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 18, 2012
bashr8: how much was your bride price? not the price of the whole marriage ceremony oo
I dunno my bride price.that's between my dad and my hubby.in Orlu where I come from,bride price isn't much.it depends on what both in laws agree on.but meeehn! I fear Mbaise and Mbano people.dem go carry gold medal for bride pricing!
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On Aug 18, 2012
berem: bia! Madam kobo! I bu onye imo? Obi gi n'ile di na akuko a anyi na ako.or am I dreaming? U are really serious discussing issues about this topic.hmmmm! undecided

I can discuss issues that pertain to Indians in india. I can discuss issues that concern people in remote parts of South Africa, and Lesotho, I can discuss Chinese related issues. I can even discuss issues that have to do with people in Ivory coast, and sudan. But when I choose to discuss issues that relate to Ibos, and Imolites, I get asked what right I have to ? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I can discuss issues that pertain to Indians in india. I can discuss issues that concern people in remote parts of South Africa, and Lesotho, I can discuss Chinese related issues. I can even discuss issues that have to do with people in Ivory coast, and sudan. But when I choose to discuss issues that relate to Ibos, and Imolites, I get asked what right I have to ? undecided undecided undecided undecided
of course u have every right to discuss about anyone u wish to but u know am kinda suprised! Don't get it twisted.am just expressing my observation.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 18, 2012
I didn't realise this was such a problem! Maybe if I should start a finance company to give loans to ibos bridegrooms. If you refuse to pay, I repossess the wifey.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 2:09am On Aug 18, 2012
berem: of course u have every right to discuss about anyone u wish to but u know am kinda suprised! Don't get it twisted.am just expressing my observation.

Surprised about what? That I know of issues that also concern women of ibo decent?
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 2:39am On Aug 18, 2012
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Listen, you're living in cuckoo land with regards to Igbo traditions!

The women who are living the realities of this unfair system are informing you of their every day experiences and you're here arguing blindly.

Yes, "Idu Ulo" is an ancient Igbo tradition, and not all clans, hamlets and families are respecting it, in this present time hence, the suffering of these women.

Also, [b]it is an Igbo tradition, for a father when he is alive to allocate any of his village land - I repeat, any of his village land (not those in towns, not shares etc) if he wishes, to his first daughter mainly - whether married or not, and no one dares take it from her - lai, lai, lai!

But these days, the son's would take it from her - is it not our culture and shouldn't we 'Uphold' it?

Now tell me, how many clans, hamlets and families are respecting that, today undecided undecided None, and you are here promoting respect for Igbo traditions, the ones you chose, abi?

We only have to respect those ones that favours you and your clans men, abi??

In that case, all Igbo traditions should now, be reviewed and quick to stop these injustices...!

Imaine, you come here to inform me about our traditions - I am "Ada na Nne and Nna" and you can't tell me about my culture![/size][/b]
ok so now you agree with me its up to the father to decide? why have you been shouting here all this while. go and talk to your father and sibblings and stop disturbing this thread. what you inherit from your father have nothing to do with igbo tradition however most fathers wont give their daughters land in the village cus its reserve for furture generation , if you give them to your daughter and lets say when she dies will the land go back to the mans family abi it belongs to the husband of the daughter? to avoid such controversies in the future igbo men dont usually give their daugther village land inheritance, they can have any other thing including lands and houses in the cities. i hate repeating myself cant you even see the logic behind it.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 2:41am On Aug 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Surprised about what? That I know of issues that also concern women of ibo decent?
for the fact you keep writting igbo as ibo shows you know nothing, shut up and learn from people that pratice igbo traditiong every Bleep,,ing day of their life you irritating troll.

2 Likes

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 2:45am On Aug 18, 2012
berem: I dunno my bride price.that's between my dad and my hubby.in Orlu where I come from,bride price isn't much.it depends on what both in laws agree on.but meeehn! I fear Mbaise and Mbano people.dem go carry gold medal for bride pricing!
i know orlu axis, akokwa, arondizuogu area dont have issues but then nobody have yet to confirm what the so called high bride price in mbaise and some parts of imo is. even within villages it varries . well let the imo traditional rulers decide.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by OneNaira6: 3:47am On Aug 18, 2012
Na wa ooo!!! Every thread, every f2king thread on this website, people have to turn it tribal. Every thread tribalist have to show up and say sh1t, despite having zero knowledge of the information they speak of, they would rather continue shouting as if na gospel them come sing. Don't ya'll get tired of it? SMH, SMFH. I am definitely getting tired of this sh1t, mschweee.

@ thread

Someone mentioned Imo state girls aren't getting married due to the high bride prices. Is this true or just another NL non-reality claiming?
I know plenty of non-Imo men married to Imo women.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 3:57am On Aug 18, 2012
One_Naira: Na wa ooo!!! Every thread, every f2king thread on this website, people have to turn it tribal. Every thread tribalist have to show up and say sh1t, despite having zero knowledge of the information they speak of, they would rather continue shouting as if na gospel them come sing. Don't ya'll get tired of it? SMH, SMFH. I am definitely getting tired of this sh1t, mschweee.

@ thread

I read someone mention Imo state girls aren't getting married due to the high bride prices. Is this true or just another NL non-reality claiming?
I know plenty of non-Imo men married to Imo women.
its just nairaland fantasies.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Sanguine77(m): 4:09am On Aug 18, 2012
Maybe the government should regulate how many times a man should smoosh his wife abi woman to avoid over population. In Igbo land, bride price is not usually much but the accompaning list of must-dos is what increases the cost. Most penticostal families who dont belong 2 Ama-ala charge less as compared 2 families who attend Orthodox churches who usually belong to all belongables. There is a solution 2 the problem: if the price is high, boycott the boycottables or apply Marriage Technology.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by ikekings(m): 5:20am On Aug 18, 2012
Dat one no concern me for nw all i knw is dat ukwu umu nwanyi owerri bu uto.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Polls : Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor / Jibrin: Dogara Diverted FG Project To His Farm In Nasarawa / Shehu Sani's Tweet About Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.