Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,461 members, 7,917,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:43 AM

Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes (28574 Views)

INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan / Imo Indigenes Return Home For Free Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Solozzo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2012
odumchi:

No community has a N5m bride price. Read that link that I posted above for the answers to all of your questions.

That link gave prices of 1987.so imagine what they would be in 2012
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EkwyOmalicha: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2012
ACM10:

Ekwy where have u been to? I miss u. Welcome back. cool

i missed you too cheesy
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bittyend(m): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

yes they love you in your dreams.....

I get more love from Igbo girls than all the Igbo men on this thread, for real... I don't know why, but they just love me - and I love them as well... I know you'll also fall in love with me, when you see me... Don't fret, it's just the law of nature! wink
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EkwyOmalicha: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2012
bittyend:

Stop fronting, you know you've got a crush on ya boy...

When am I going to get an invite to your house, omalicha nma?

do you ve ten million for TW? cheesy
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bittyend(m): 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

do you ve ten million for TW? cheesy

I'm English, mate lol... And all the girls are English/Igbo - and they're more English, than Igbo. So, I guess I don't need to pay a dime lol.... But the money isn't the problem, I just don't see why I've to pay someone ten million naira - to marry a girl that's 'in love' with me... grin
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bittyend(m): 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2012
@ikeyman00

Kedu? grin
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you sure you are responding to the right person? I am actually against the real prices placed on HUMAN BEINGS. I would prefer a symbolic price rather than a REAL PRICE as that is what all this remains.

After hearing three or four nimrods describe their wives as properties, you get the sense that something is wrong when people pay a monetary price for another human being.
stop this your mischief , what do you mean by prices placed on human beings, please go somewhere else and marry if have a problem with igbo traditional marriage, tell me which part of nigeria , africa or the world where bride prices are not paid.? you like arguing a lot on simple matters. bride price is symbolic every where including igboland and some communities return it after you have paid it ,stop this your mischief. and yes a wife is the husbands property just as husbands are their wives property , do have a problem with that?
as for abuse there are authorities, families,village elders, police even friends etc that are there to address abuse in marriages.

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by dont8(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2012
I re-endorse it and title it awada kerikeri grin
Kobojunkie:

I endorse this ! grin
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EkwyOmalicha: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2012
bittyend:

I'm English, mate lol... And all the girls are English/Igbo- and they're more English, than Igbo. So, I guess I don't need to pay a dime lol.... But the money isn't the problem, I just don't see why I've to pay someone ten million naira - to marry a girl that's 'in love' with me... grin

Unfortunately am Igbo/Igbo cheesy no ten million bride price, no marriage ….Deal or no Deal?
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bittyend(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

Unfortunately am Igbo/Igbo cheesy no ten million bride price, no marriage ….Deal or no Deal?

NO DEAL! - let the game continue. wink
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2012
imo paliament not only bride price oo, dey shud look into d issue of OMUGO as wel o.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by sapien(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2012
It's about time!There's even one in my street,her husband batters her mercilessly.Each time she went home after every battering,her parents sent her back with immediate alacrity.Reason she gave was because of the heavy bride price that had been collected from her husband.She can't just go back!I seriously wish the man will not kill her one of these days.Imagine a man beating his wife with iron rod and sending her out late at night,after three kids?
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Solozzo(m): 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2012
bittyend:

I'm not married because a village Chief said so, huh? At end of the day, there's nothing they can do - as long as I don't go to Nigeria... Don't get it twisted, I love African culture(s) - but some aspects of our culture(s) don't belong in the 21st century..

Paying for a women = prostitution/pimping..

Let me put it this way, if I pay a woman to get married to me - that means she's automatically my SLAVE, because I own her... However, I don't want a slave as a wife, I want a best friend, a helper, and someone who has the same stake as I do in the marriage...

Saying I'm not 'married' because I didn't pay the bride price; is like a pastor telling me that without paying tithe(s), I'm stealing from God... Fvck that bs, does that God come down from heaven to collect tithes from churches? Hell NO!!!

These elders need to allow it, and let people get married, period. cool

Yes you said it all and so boldly.

People should demonstrate self determination and emancipate themselves from mental slavery. ibo men be brave. Marry your beloved ibo girl in churches outside iboland, and shun these elders. Ibo girls be brave. Follow the man you love to an altar, get govt marriage certificates live your life with the man you love, and damn these slave dealers called the ummunna. Be brave!!!
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EBERENASAM(m): 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2012
When are d starting d promo. But my Confidence z nt frm Imo.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2012
Solozzo:

Yes you said it all and so boldly.

People should demonstrate self determination and emancipate themselves from mental slavery. ibo men be brave. Marry your beloved ibo girl in churches outside iboland, and shun these elders. Ibo girls be brave. Follow the man you love to an altar, get govt marriage certificates live your life with the man you love, and damn these slave dealers called the ummunna. Be brave!!!
why should they listen to someone that stil writes igbo as ibo?

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2012
sapien: It's about time!There's even one in my street,her husband batters her mercilessly.Each time she went home after every battering,her parents sent her back with immediate alacrity.Reason she gave was because of the heavy bride price that had been collected from her husband.She can't just go back!I seriously wish the man will not kill her one of these days.Imagine a man beating his wife with iron rod and sending her out late at night,after three kids?
your foolsh for this, so in your mind all the cases of wife battery in nigeria , africa and even around the world are because of the bride price the men paid, what of u.s, caribbean and places where baby mama are common and their men abuse their women is it also beause of bride price? how about women that beat, abuse or even kill their husbands, is it also because of bride price? this is why the average IQ of nigerians is below 70.

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Theblessed(f): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2012
[b][size=16pt]Tell them that I said, they should also fix the family INHERITANCES for all children born in a marriage, in Igbo land - MALE and FEMALE, ok!

Because cultural injustices perpetrated on Igbo daughters, are too much and it's got to stop - it is evil!

Igbo daughters are dis-inherited from their own fathers wealth e.g land, properties, Ngwu i.e. Palm trees, Ngwo i.e. Tombo trees, kola trees from the moment they married etc, why?

Are we not our father daughters just like our brothers are his sons?

And why, should marriage deprive us of our 'Birth rights' when the sons themselves keep everything they inherited, and will go and bring a woman from another family to take over our inheritances, in the name of being married into the family?

It is unfair, and we must keep our inheritance - married or not!

I need my own inheritance to take to my husbands place to look after my children, just as my brothers are doing with theirs and I ask, what is wrong with that?

If its good for the goose, it is also good for the gander!

And for those who would argue, what would a woman do with land, properties, Palm, Tombo and Kola trees respectively?

I say, sell them all to the highest bidder and take the money to establish yourself at your husbands house, for the benefit of your children.

Their wives should also, do the same and bring their own inheritances to their husbands house to establish themselves for their children - that is fair!

For most Igbo daughters, the most painful thing is that, should your mother/father become ill, the brothers will abandon the responsibility on their sisters who are married away - yes, they don't want the responsibility but they want the rights.

Look, Rights and Responsibility goes hand in hand - you can't have one without the other.

Why call the sisters? Why can't your wives whom our inheritances had been give to, care for our parents and leave us alone, to care for our parent in-laws where we are married to, why not?

It is fair that way!

Even some girls from well-to-do families, may fell in love with a poor man and married him and, that's the end of her inheritance. She will then begin a life of struggle, poverty and suffering with her children at her matrimonial home where as her brothers and their wives and children are all, swimming in luxury in her own father's house - how could that be right?

Now, you put up the above topic for discussion here please, go tell them to look into all these unfair ancient and obsolete laws and do something with them, in this 21st Century.

Igbo daughters, are not happy about these issues and are seriously discussing about them in their respective locations via all communication technologies - one day, they will hear from us, about these injustices - tell them! angry angry angry
[/size][/b]

6 Likes

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Chubhie: 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2012
I remember a story a Gambian friend told me when his elder brother went to marry in one of the tribes whose tradition is such that you only bring money with you to met the parents of the bride and when you are asked what you brought from the list of things they will mention to you, you drop money on the floor till all the items on the list has been exhausted. The gist was that the elder bro went to the brides family with loads of coins equivalent of one one naira coins.

When they got there and the list was been read out,The elder bro started dropping his coin money with the noise that comes when the coins hits the floor. The elder bro of the bride to be stretched his neck only to notice that the groom to be was dropping next to worthless coins and was so furious and an argument ensued between him and the groom to the point that the pastor that came to witness the whole arrangement got up in anger that he can not be disgraced and left. thats how the whole arrangement flopped.

The tradition in that tribe only demands that money be dropped when the list is been read to which the young gentleman complied with same as is demanded of the groom to be in Imo state to show that he is capable of taking care of his bride to which greedy family members have cornered like my Gambian friend bro.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Abagworo(m): 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2012
This is complete crap. Is it about the bride price or the cost of marriage? To the best of my knowledge the so-called bride price is just a formality and is called "otu akpa ego" which means "one bag of money" and is valued at N500. In some communities it must be in coins. N10,000 is an increase from the normal.

I think what government and traditional institution should focus on is "the list" of requirements which sometimes comes as a rip off from the extended family of the bride.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by EkwyOmalicha: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2012
bittyend:

NO DEAL! - let the game continue. wink

no Ten million no game.......
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2012
Theblessed: Tell them that I said, they should also fix the family INHERITANCES for all children born in a marriage, in Igbo land - MALE and FEMALE, ok!

Because cultural injustices perpetrated on Igbo daughters, are too much and it's got to stop - it is evil!

Igbo daughters are dis-inherited from their own fathers wealth e.g land, properties, Ngwu i.e. Palm trees, Ngwo i.e. Tombo trees, kola trees from the moment they married etc, why?

Are we not our father daughters just like our brothers are his sons? And why, should marriage deprive us of our 'Birth rights' when the sons themselves keep everything, and will go and bring a woman from another family to take over our inheritance, in the name of being married into the family?

It is unfair!

I need my own inheritance to take to my husbands place to look after my children, just as my brothers are doing with theirs and I ask, what's wrong with that?

And for those who would argue, what would a woman do with land, properties, Palm, Tombo and Kola trees respectively?

I say, sell them all to the highest bidder and take the money to establish yourself at your husbands for the benefit of your children and their own wives should do the same and bring their own inheritances to their husbands house to establish themselves for their children - that is fair!

For most Igbo daughters, the most painful thing is that, should your mother/father become ill, the brothers will abandon the responsibility on their sisters who are married away - yes, they don't want the responsibility but they want the rights.

Look, Rights and Responsibility goes hand in hand - you can't have one without the other.

Why call the sisters? Why can your wives whom our inheritances had been give to, care for our parents and leave us alone, to care for our parent in-laws where we are married to, why not?

It is fair that way!

Even some girls from well-to-do families, may fell in love with a poor man and married him and, that's the end of her inheritance. She will then begin a life of struggle, poverty and suffering with her children at her matrimonial home where as her brothers and their wives and children are all, swimming in luxury in her own father's house - how could that be right?

Now, you put up the above topic for discussion here please, go tell them to look into all these unfair ancient and obsolete laws and do something with them, in this 21st Century.

Igbo daughters, are not happy about these issues and are seriously discussing about them in their respective locations via all communication technologies - one day, they will hear from us, about these injustices - tell them! angry angry angry
your father decides who gets what, it has nothing to do with culture or elders. i know lots of igbo women that inherited a lot from their father, besides theres an igbo tradition called idunno , when you marry your family gives you properties, share of inheritance etc depending on how wealthy they are, my sisters got plots of land, houses, cars etc and they are direct heirs to my mums properties most of which she inherited from her mother and father and some she earned during within her marriage with my dad so stop this your cries and talk to your father about it.

no igbo man watches his daughter suffer in her marriage unless he is poor or a saddist or they warned you not to marry the man and you disobeyed them and went ahead.

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2012
odumchi:

"um . . . wrong. Tradition is OPTIONAL and implemented whenever we choose to"

That's what you think; it's pure Western ideology. Not everyone thinks like this.

As for those Igbo women, that's exactly why they're living abroad and not in their communities. Such a thing is considered an abomination.
However, that's what happens when the West teaches people that European wedding ceremonies are superior to African ones.

Oh well. Hooray for "liberated thinking".

WHAT D 4UCK R U SAYING? IM IGBO AND A PROUD ONE FOR THAT MATTER. U CAN TALK ABT UR VILLA/HOMETOWN AND NOT ABOUT THE ENTIRE IGBOS. BRIDE PRICE FROM MY SIDE OF ABIA STATE IS VERY INFINITESIMAL MY DEAR.

THIS BRIDE PRICE ISSUE IS VERY RELATIVE AND DOES NOT APPLY IN ALL EASTERN STATES AND HOME TOWNS. THE STATE IN QUESTION IS IMO STATE AND NOT EVERY STATE.

I HAVE A FRIEND FROM AKWA IBON STATE THAT MARRIED A LADY FROM OBINZE IN IMO STATE 3MONTHS AGO AND THE BRIDES FATHER TOLD ALL IN ATTENDANCE DURING THEIR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE THAT HE COLLECTED JUST 4K AS THE DAUGHTERS BRIDE PRICE JUST TO LET MY FRIEND KNOW THAT HE IS NOT SELLING HIS DAUGHTER RATHER HE WANTS MY FRIEND TO TAKE CARE OF HIS DAUGHTER JUST THE WAY HE HAS DONE.

THIS BRIDE PRICE ISSUE VARIES

WERE DID U GET THIS UR ABOMINATION THEORY FROM?

PLS, SPEAK FOR UR COMMUNITY MY DEAR
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
bashr8: stop this your mischief , what do you mean by prices placed on human beings, please go somewhere else and marry if have a problem with igbo traditional marriage, tell me which part of nigeria , africa or the world where bride prices are not paid.? you like arguing a lot on simple matters. bride price is symbolic every where including igboland and some communities return it after you have paid it ,stop this your mischief. and yes a wife is the husbands property just as husbands are their wives property , do have a problem with that?
as for abuse there are authorities, families,village elders, police even friends etc that are there to address abuse in marriages.

N100,000 bride price in Nigeria is symbolic? Really? So, all those men who I have heard claim they OWN their wives or paid a lot for them are talking SYMBOLICALLY too? Nevermind . . . I should really learn to stop expecting so much from some of y'all on here.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2012
Theblessed: Tell them that I said, they should also fix the family INHERITANCES for all children born in a marriage, in Igbo land - MALE and FEMALE, ok!

Are we not our father daughters just like our brothers are his sons? And why, should marriage deprive us of our 'Birth rights' when the sons themselves keep everything, and will go and bring a woman from another family to take over our inheritance, in the name of being married into the family?

It is unfair!

Finally, someone who is reading my mind. There are so many ABANDONED women out there today that need the help of these elders to deal with what has resulted from their being sold to the men they ended up with. The issue of the RIGHTS of these women needs to be dealt with. Not how much more or less we can settle with when selling them.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by odumchi: 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2012
byrron:

WHAT D 4UCK R U SAYING? IM IGBO AND A PROUD ONE FOR THAT MATTER. U CAN TALK ABT UR VILLA/HOMETOWN AND NOT ABOUT THE ENTIRE IGBOS. BRIDE PRICE FROM MY SIDE OF ABIA STATE IS VERY INFINITESIMAL MY DEAR.

THIS BRIDE PRICE ISSUE IS VERY RELATIVE AND DOES NOT APPLY IN ALL EASTERN STATES AND HOME TOWNS. THE STATE IN QUESTION IS IMO STATE AND NOT EVERY STATE.

I HAVE A FRIEND FROM AKWA IBON STATE THAT MARRIED A LADY FROM OBINZE IN IMO STATE 3MONTHS AGO AND THE BRIDES FATHER TOLD ALL IN ATTENDANCE DURING THEIR TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE THAT HE COLLECTED JUST 4K AS THE DAUGHTERS BRIDE PRICE JUST TO LET MY FRIEND KNOW THAT HE IS NOT SELLING HIS DAUGHTER RATHER HE WANTS MY FRIEND TO TAKE CARE OF HIS DAUGHTER JUST THE WAY HE HAS DONE.

THIS BRIDE PRICE ISSUE VARIES

WERE DID U GET THIS UR ABOMINATION THEORY FROM?

PLS, SPEAK FOR UR COMMUNITY MY DEAR

It seems like you don't even know what I was talking about. I was talking about people getting married without going through the traditional procedure/paying a bride price.

I wasn't discussing whether or not bride prices were expensive.

I am from Abia also, just to let you know.

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by bashr8: 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

N100,000 bride price in Nigeria is symbolic? Really? So, all those men who I have heard claim they OWN their wives or paid a lot for them are talking SYMBOLICALLY too? Nevermind . . . I should really learn to stop expecting so much from some of y'all on here.
if a community decides their bride price is 100k so what , in my villa it is 5 thousand naira while the neighbouring villa is 600 naira , whatever the amount is it is symbolic cus most times we return it to the inlaws. like i said stop crying or commenting on something you know nothing about. bride price have never stopped any man , rich or oor from marrying an imo lady ,there are both rich ,middle class and poor people in imo and they are all getting married.

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by odumchi: 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2012
Theblessed: [b]Tell them that I said, they should also fix the family INHERITANCES for all children born in a marriage, in Igbo land - MALE and FEMALE, ok!

Are we not our father daughters just like our brothers are his sons?

And why, should marriage deprive us of our 'Birth rights' when the sons themselves keep everything they inherited, and will go and bring a woman from another family to take over our inheritances, in the name of being married into the family?

It is unfair that we keep our inheritance - married or not!

I need my own inheritance to take to my husbands place to look after my children, just as my brothers are doing with theirs and I ask, what is wrong with that?

If its good for the goose, it is also good for the gander!

I say, sell them all to the highest bidder and take the money to establish yourself at your husbands house, for the benefit of your children.

Their wives should also, do the same and bring their own inheritances to their husbands house to establish themselves for their children - that is fair!

Why call the sisters? Why can your wives whom our inheritances had been give to, care for our parents and leave us alone, to care for our parent in-laws where we are married to, why not?

It is fair that way!

[/b]

Nne, gaa zuo ike. Inyi amaa akpopu omenali Igbo isi ali.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Theblessed(f): 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
bashr8: your father decides who gets what, it has nothing to do with culture or elders. i know lots of igbo women that inherited a lot from their father, besides theres an igbo tradition called idunno , when you marry your family gives you properties, share of inheritance etc depending on how wealthy they are, my sisters got plots of land, houses, cars etc and they are direct heirs to my mums properties most of which she inherited from her mother and father and some she earned during within her marriage with my dad so stop this your cries and talk to your father about it.

no igbo man watches his daughter suffer in her marriage unless he is poor or a saddist or they warned you not to marry the man and you disobeyed them and went ahead.

[size=16pt]Lai, Lai, Lai!

Generally, Igbo women are dis-inherited and it is a well known fact in Nigeria and Africa.

You are coming from another planet of Igbo land - you hadn't penetrated and don't understand the culture.

Your friend father is one in a Million and her brothers are very kind - wait until their Papa dies then, you will know if their brothers/wives/children are kind!

Most affected by this urgly tradition, will equally argue this out with you.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by oluchijud(f): 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2012
cyril83: payin 1k less for a responsible cheap sis is far beta than payin 1m for a dog who will later be sent packing,come to say it all,igbo guyz of nowadayz even prefer marryin outside their tribe.....smh
.. Cereal if u are from d west den u shldnt talk abt infedility n promiscuity... 9 out of ten yoruba women marry more than 2 husbands b4 d age of 4ty.. (one mum 5 fadaz)..smh. If i were a guy i'd rada pay 1million than pay 1k on a bleach addict that wld only feed me wt stew 4 d rest of my lyf... Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2012
bashr8: if a community decides their bride price is 100k so what , in my villa it is 5 thousand naira while the neighbouring villa is 600 naira , whatever the amount is it is symbolic cus most times we return it to the inlaws. like i said stop crying or commenting on something you know nothing about. bride price have never stopped any man , rich or oor from marrying an imo lady ,there are both rich ,middle class and poor people in imo and they are all getting married.

If it is symbolic in your place, then your place is not what this thread is about, or is it now? I am sure these old men would not come together to address a symbolic issue, or would they now? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Obviously these problems are real, so if you do not know of then, then it is OK to not comment on what you are not aware of.
Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Abagworo(m): 11:06pm On Aug 17, 2012
bashr8: your father decides who gets what, it has nothing to do with culture or elders. i know lots of igbo women that inherited a lot from their father, besides theres an igbo tradition called idunno , when you marry your family gives you properties, share of inheritance etc depending on how wealthy they are, my sisters got plots of land, houses, cars etc and they are direct heirs to my mums properties most of which she inherited from her mother and father and some she earned during within her marriage with my dad so stop this your cries and talk to your father about it.

The funny thing is that all my life I've never seen a bride price that exceeded one 1k. Never! I have 3 married sisters and dozens of other married female relatives that I participated in their traditional weddings. I think it seems to be poor people that inflate bride price or want to profit from their daughter's marriage.

1 Like

Re: Common Bride Price For All Imo Indigenes by Solozzo(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2012
odumchi:

I've realized that this whole argument is just based on your own personal convictions. It's people that have an inferiority complex that say such things.

I don't know why indigenous African ceremonies are now considered "optional" (to some) but European ones are a must.

Chai, bekee emeela anyi ihe. Europeans have done Africa dirty. cry

You're right. I have built a sacred place in my mind for my culture/tradition because it is what defines me.

If you believe traditions and culture cannot be changed then you must be the biggest fool on earth. Because these traditions were made by men and women like you, and you submit stupidly to them. You have no Christian spirit in you, for Christ challenged the traditional religion of his day with the words the laws of Moses were made for man , not man for the laws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigeria Police Week / Emir Of Kano, Dangote Visit Saraki Today (Photos) / "Ohakim Gave Me $2.29m Cash To Buy Abuja Mansion" - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.