Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience (22301 Views)

Kano-lagos Train Derails After Hitting ‘abandoned’ Truck On Rail Track / 900 Passengers Escape Death In Lagos Train Accident / Critcism Of Fashola And The Lagos Train Project - Bad Belle And Silly Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by mimima(f): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2013
this shows that it has started working,with time it will improve.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by otokx(m): 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
mimima: this shows that it has started working,with time it will improve.
suffer and smile
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
The railway staffs would sell 2500 tickets when the train can only accommodate 900 people and when the people that couldn't get a sit request for refund,they would say it is none refundable. full article coming soon

Is it had hard to get a good management team in Nigeria?
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by EkoIle1: 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
redsun: For real? This is not the government problem now,it is the management. Average everyday nigerians behaves like wild animals and a situation like that can never encourage good leadership.

All have to be accountable and responsible for their actions,including the railway staffs and passengers.

Shut up jare. Na nigerians put archaic and junk locomotive rubbish on tracks? Are the same nigerians responsible for security and management of the useless crap you call rail system?

The passengers did not sell 2000 plus tickets instead of 900 to themselves and created the chaotic environment. The greedy and incompetent railway clowns and your aso rock uncle created that mess so stop the BS about the passengers. You rip what you sow.

I know your brain performs below par, but you are over tasking your meager brain here.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by mimima(f): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=otokx] suffer and smile LET IT BE
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by emmatok(m): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'm so shocked the "Eko oni ba je" cabal and the HATERS are having orgasmmm over the unsubstantiated allegation of a notorious HATER.

The transformation that had taken place in the rail transport sector in the last 2 to 3yrs is REAL and confirmed by NUMEROUS news reports, including the recent report below:

The NRC’s Public Relations Officer, North Western District, Sheriff Razaq, made this known in Minna on Wednesday.

“From the beginning of this year, our Mass Transit train makes between N500,000 and N550,000 per trip from Minna to Kaduna,’’ Mr.Razaq said.

He said the corporation charged N320 per passenger per trip, whileeach coach carried between 300 and 350 passengers.

He said 10 coaches were involved in each trip conveying between 3,000 and 5,000 passengers, depending on the patronage.

“The most important thing to note is that our passengers increase on daily basis to the extent that passengers now stand inside coaches,’’ Mr. Razaq said.

He said skeletal services on the route began in June 20, 2011 and about N40, 000 was realised during the trip.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116884-nigeria-railway-generates-n500-000-per-trip-on-minna-kaduna-route.html

You should be bold enough to jump on one of those trains and show us some pictures.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by bilms(m): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
Na real insincere nigerian

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Justcash(m): 12:42am On Jan 27, 2013
[/quote]
egift: ^^^justcash
Stop embarrassing yourself (you are more than that). Everyone know that one of the problem of Nigeria is maintenance culture. Apart of putting up that kpangolo achievement, GEJ can't even provide decent management.

Free the OP - perhaps his effort in bring those facts to us will make GEJ to try "Police College Visit 2.0".

After all what we have in Jonathan is a "Government of Reaction by the Committees"
chucky234: Another junk brain goon
you call that junk locomotive rail system in 2013,shame on you goon.

This is the problem with Nigerians. You have not been able to show that you can manage a fuel/gas powered locomotive rail system, you are asking for an electric or Nuclear powered "supersonic" rail transport system. The masses are crying for jobs, the FG, despite their inefficiency, provides a little and it turns into an opportunity to dig into the national cake through mismanagement. Have you stopped to ask who the heck the people taking more passengers than is needed are, and why they do so unhindered? FOR REAL CHANGE TO COME TO NIGERIA, THE ATTITUDE OF THE NIGERIAN MASSES NEEDS TO CHANGE. You will see how Fashola's LRT project will be turned into a means of transporting tomatoes and piles of dirt when it resumes. Sigh.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 27, 2013
You mean it takes 21 hours to go from Lagos to Ilorin by train?! shocked shocked

More grease to GEJ's elbows, and that of Labaran Maku. grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by bilms(m): 6:15am On Jan 27, 2013
Lol
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 27, 2013
Kamanda:

Haba why you expose oga BEAF,insincere9g,taharqa na.
Abeg, no dey put BEAF in the same sentence with bad imitations.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by bilms(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2013
Beaf ko,paman ni
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
OP easy with the lies next time ok?
21 hours from Ilorin to lagos? That's almost one complete day even a snail wouldn't move that slow
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Symphony007: 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
What sort of plonkers populate this forum!! What do you expect. A high speed rail? Do you know how much that cost? The u.k still uses victorian rails built in the 18th century, the u.s still uses the transcontinental railway built by pres. Abraham lincoln...the government has rehabilitated the railway for nigerians and your fellow nigerians have invested their greed in it by overselling tickets, instend of you to express outrage at how greedy and aloof your fellow country men can be you talk trash about the government who made everything to be in the first place. Nigerians have drowned themselves in the sea of government they belive it's the reason, cause and solution to everything without looking at yourself and your fellow countrymen..a nation of pillocks!!

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by olempe(m): 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
Pitiably smh...
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hardfact: Bros Kpele. We still've got a long way to go. Nigerian govt: more you look, less you see.

omo-igbo! nwa nna. na "pele" no be "kpele"
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2013
The op is a confirmed mugu to come here and say trash,id there are people standing or hanging and pays same amount,how does that affect the transformation of his excellency?or should he be the one to monitor it? when you enter molue(buses)in lagos and stand,is it for free or do you blame fashola? what is wrong with you people here sef,i feel like smashing my bb porsche on the floor right now over this rubbish.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by PeeDaVinci: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2013
why do we condemn everything and everything sometimes for no just reason. i am not a gej supporter and will never be (check my previous posts). however, bring the trains back is a good development. However small this may be, it is positive and a step in the right direction, however, the issue is that a lot more needs to be done, and i strongly doubt gej will be able to deliver on this (to me, a synonym for failure is gej)
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by oge4real(f): 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
[quote author=grafikii]If I hear anybody list this nonsense as an achievement again thunder go fire that person

You must be an slowpoke .
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
hornipipe: OP easy with the lies next time ok?
21 hours from Ilorin to lagos? That's almost one complete day even a snail wouldn't move that slow

leave the paid cpc or apc bootlicker jare . ingrate
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
I shared similar faith last year when I joined train frm osogbo down to lagos,it wasn't a nice experience at all.the train was damned too congested and the toilet was unusable.took us eternity to get to lagos...dey really need to improve on it...its a no for me
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
balogz: I shared similar faith last year when I joined train frm osogbo down to lagos,it wasn't a nice experience at all.the train was damned too congested and the toilet was unusable.took us eternity to get to lagos...dey really need to improve on it...its a no for me

nor be your mate dey take plane
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by kulikuli26: 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
Please let's learn to report things exactly how they are rather than reporting lies,I have travelled that route by rail before and despite the fact we had 2hrs delay on the road cos the train got spoilt, I eventually spent 10hrs and dats coupled with numerous stops in different stations and spending an average of 25mins at least, so u can imagine if the train had to travel straight to ilorin without waiting,guess we shdnt spend more than 6hrs on the road.Moreso, let's start from somewhere, we might not be where we shd be as far as rail transport but we definitely can get there if this momentum in improved upon.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by 190: 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
dayokanu: If Retardeen Jonathan's achievement is a 21hour trip from ilorin to Lagos Abeg how long would trekking/cycling Ilorin to Lagos take

WAEC Maths question - 2013 page 12 grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by 190: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
ifihearam:

grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2013
The railway staffs would sell 2500 tickets when the train can only accommodate 900 people and when the people that couldn't get a sit request for refund,they would say it is none refundable. full article coming soon

was the railways functional during other dispensations?haters
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by badassnigga(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
welcome to naija grin
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
ifihearam:

Everybody cannot be in d yahoo business. Besides planes in Nigeria are nothing to brag about
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Velounie(f): 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
Last tym ℓ̊ saw A̶̲̥̅ friend off at †ђξ train station at challenge in ilorin,it wasn't jam packed lyk dah.tho av neva travelled in it,friends hu av kip sayin its ÇƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡Ŀ apart 4rm †ђξ 7-9hrs distnce buh 21hrsneva hrd of dah

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by theripper2: 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
U do sometin, dem go talk.

U no do, dem go still talk.

This country needs severe Healing.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
Symphony007: What sort of plonkers populate this forum!! What do you expect. A high speed rail? Do you know how much that cost? The u.k still uses victorian rails built in the 18th century, the u.s still uses the transcontinental railway built by pres. Abraham lincoln...the government has rehabilitated the railway for nigerians and your fellow nigerians have invested their greed in it by overselling tickets, instend of you to express outrage at how greedy and aloof your fellow country men can be you talk trash about the government who made everything to be in the first place. Nigerians have drowned themselves in the sea of government they belive it's the reason, cause and solution to everything without looking at yourself and your fellow countrymen..a nation of pillocks!!

you just gave me hope that we still have people with brains in this forum.\\keep it up dude,while ingrates die of excessive hatred which can lead to cancer.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
redsun: For real? This is not the government problem now,it is the management. Average everyday nigerians behaves like wild animals and a situation like that can never encourage good leadership.

All have to be accountable and responsible for their actions,including the railway staffs and passengers.

Corruption, incompetence, and mismanagement has never been a 'government' problem. It is a Nigerian problem. So people expect GEJ to stay in the Illorin rail station and personally ensure that the tickets are sold correctly and that everything else works normally. Incredible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva / Reps Insists On Two-Month Free Electricity For Nigerians / Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.