Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,116 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience (22326 Views)

Kano-lagos Train Derails After Hitting ‘abandoned’ Truck On Rail Track / 900 Passengers Escape Death In Lagos Train Accident / Critcism Of Fashola And The Lagos Train Project - Bad Belle And Silly Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ANYPEN(m): 12:08am On Feb 08, 2013
how many hours will Lagos to Kano be if to Ilorin takes 21 hrs i fear this kind of transfiguration abi na transportation... oh sorry... transformation!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by vizboy(m): 12:14am On Feb 08, 2013
I done know why some people just like posting comment that is out of point just like the OP. Be greatful of what you have and stop being a greed fool
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2013
take dat: If I am from banana republic, then you will be the mango people. My concern is not on how much past administrations spent on rehabilitating the railways. Here we are talking of efficient management, if a coach meant for 200 passengers convey 500 passengers, be sure it wouldn't last long and government will need to buy another one with more tax payers fund. Railway was in existence in the 80's, the same complaint now was its albatross then before it went comatose. Do you advise we keep up with mediocrity because you want to shout fresh air. Government should get its act right.

here yourself talk at the bolded,that is your responsibility and not the Government. Should his excellency leave abuja and start monitoring the numbers of passengers on a train?what is wrong with you people? why dont you protest to that effect of inconveniences and see if there will be a change or not. please ask GEJ to come run your home affairs for you too and tell your wife when she will make love to you. nonsense
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 12:15am On Feb 08, 2013
ANY-PEN :
how many hours will Lagos to Kano be if to Ilorin takes 21 hrs i fear this kind of transfiguration abi na transportation... oh sorry... transformation!

daft
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by DisGuy: 12:15am On Feb 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Rome was not built in a day. If OH BEE JAY kick started the NRC, if only Yaradua was not impossed on us and if he actually kickstarted the project, GEJ would have improved on it, this is just a case study, given a chance in 2015, I know this great man, this GEJ will convert Nigeria to China before 8yrs tenure runs out. Lets beg this great man, to contest in 2015.

erm the trains were working albeit sluggisly back then, apparently some heavy flooding washed away some tracks in the midlands, and to the best of my knowledge the previous government actually ordered the engines being used today from GE
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by slimfit1(m): 12:15am On Feb 08, 2013
torhuke:
Ur xo educated dt ur brain need 2 be fumigated 2 eradicate the roaches eatyn up ur twisted brains.. slowpoke..!

Well I'm not in the same class with people like you. I'm not paid to hang around here like you so let me help you out go jump into the river. I'm here because of Nigeria and hopefully to eradicate people with low mentality like you. You no using big words still doesn't mean you are knowledgeable so write words very clear next time I don't have time to check dictionary please.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 12:16am On Feb 08, 2013
manny4life:

Real healing from corruption to ungratefulness.

When the tracks where lying waste, some bunkums were busy saying ONLY IF GEJ could revive it, he revived it now, they say it's the hours. When they get new trains now, they will say it's something else. You can't please Nigerians, myself inclusive -- thank God I'm a Nigerian o...

i dey tellss you
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ballabriggs: 12:18am On Feb 08, 2013
I have read some rubbish about "slow and steady" on this forum and I laugh. A nation in a socio-economic crisis talks about "slow and steady", rubbish.

There is no "slow and steady" change in a crisis but rather a 'bigbang' approach to change.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by deletrue: 12:19am On Feb 08, 2013
PapaBrowne: I remember when GSM came to Nigeria. You call a number 20 times before it connects. But today you can call 100 times before it messes up.
I remember when internet first came to the world, checking mail was as slow as a snail. Today we watch live TV.
I remember when TVs first came to planet earth. They weren't flat screens but huge big boxes with black and white pictures.
I remember the first day I first saw a camera phone, it was like WOOOW. To think that it wasn't even a smartphone...
I remember the first day I tried to drive. I thought it was impossible. But today I probably can run a LORRY.

The moral is simple. The most important thing is to start. And then grow and grow and grow and grow!!
We have started. Slow and dastardly as it seems. We have started. Tommorow, or next year or a decade from now, we would have moved up the ladder and the trains would be faster. Our rail tracks that were ignored by all the past administrations have started moving again.
Even if the trains are slow for passengers, 21 hrs is not out of place for goods that previously ran on lorries.

Slowly and steadily, transformation is taking place... from Airports to Roads to Seaports to Railways... the evidence is made clearer by the fact that previous governments ignored all these things for decades!

I will end with the fact that while China is building SuperSonic railway systems, America and Europe that we love to reference are not able to do same because the cost requirements are enormous. Nigeria is not a rich country. Oil money is peanuts and would never build is speed trains.
There is a place and time for everything. We must start somewhere. If we dont start here, we will never start.
super. How i wish your types are many in nigerian! Wishing that you will continue to provide more of this. Keep educating the foolish ones (haters) among us. some days, they may change for the better. Highly educative and instructive.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Akiika: 12:20am On Feb 08, 2013
This has been posted since Jan 25? WTF...NL using Chinese calendar?
I guess this is one of the many "achievements" of GEJ according to InSincere9gerian, deletrue and co. aka 'i neva chop'.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by slimfit1(m): 12:22am On Feb 08, 2013
cupid4ig: its surprises me the way nigerians reason. during obj and the rest time all this rail way wasnt functioning but GEJ has atleast worked on them and u guys are complaining, the truth hurts and thats is why some of us can just admit to the simple truth that GEJ is trying in as much as he is slow in acting but at least he is working. pls cut him some slack. haters gonna hate. all u guys know how to do and say is Nigeria is falling apart, apart from tweeting and commenting on nairaland what have you done to help matters?! Sit down and STFU ediooots tongue

If your father can afford a Mercedes Benz but still driving Peugeot 404 you know he has got a big problem ?
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by takedat(m): 12:26am On Feb 08, 2013
ifihearam:

here yourself talk at the bolded,that is your responsibility and not the Government. Should his excellency leave abuja and start monitoring the numbers of passengers on a train?what is wrong with you people? why dont you protest to that effect of inconveniences and see if there will be a change or not. please ask GEJ to come run your home affairs for you too and tell your wife when she will make love to you. nonsense

How is it my responsibility to ensure efficient management in public corporations? Isn't that why we have a bureaucracy and minister of transportation who is answerable to the president? Why should government embark on an exercise and its monitoring will prove difficult? Isn't the @Op protesting with this thread and that of the Vanguard link I gave? Well, I am not surprised cos I know you to always fawn on GEJ.
I don't need GEJ to run my home for me other than doing what he was elected to do and getting it "right", only an harebrained schizo like you would!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by slimfit1(m): 12:27am On Feb 08, 2013
Anybody that calls this a success or a good development must be living in Somalia I or Afghanistan because I can't use the word mental anymore.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Do you mean that or you just kidding?
Am just kidding. Are u happy now ?
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 08, 2013
Dis Guy:

erm the trains were working albeit sluggisly back then, apparently some heavy flooding washed away some tracks in the midlands, and to the best of my knowledge the previous government actually ordered the engines being used today from GE
Then why the criticism ?
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by manny4life(m): 12:32am On Feb 08, 2013
Dis Guy:

How much sluggish? 5x worse than it is now?

Heavy flooding washed away some tracks? You see the truth, for flooding to wash off rail tracks, it mush have deteriorated so badly, now it has gone through FULL restoration where it can't be washed off by flood, isn't that an achievement?

That it's new don't make them super efficient or top notch, either way, we're getting there. Rail in the next five years after GEJ will have improved drastically.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifebosco: 12:34am On Feb 08, 2013
Justcash: All of you that are blaming GEJ for this one are very daft. He is refurbishing the rail system. Is it not the duty of the masses to guard and ensure that these infrastructures are operated efficiently? The people that are to blame for this rot are;
A. The masses that prefer to hang like monkeys on top of the coaches instead of sitting like decent people inside.
B. The inefficiency of the masses that got employed after these trains were brought back to life.
C. The illiterate masses that cannot just be patient on order for the coaches to be operated within its capacity.
D. The preference of the masses for short cuts even if it implies indulging in corrupt practices.
E. The chaotic orientation of the Nigerian masses.
F. The Spineless masses that cannot exercise their civic rights by demanding for orderly conduct through legal means.

Everything is not about the FG. You will just be surprised at the kind of criticism and antagonism that will come from the masses following any plan by the FG to restore order through coercion. Nonsense.
most read

a)))in every society in the world,the are people with uncivilized behavior,that is why, we have a government who is supposed to use the our laws and inforcement agencies to control the situation-
b)))who employ them??
c))))law and order will help here
d)))educate them to be more civical,do we have education in nigeria
E)))our chaotic orientation as you said, is because nobody ever thought us law and order
f)))our civic rights is been destroyed by the long military rule,that has affected our psychology
so my brother stop insulting us,the government is to blame for our ills
in the society.tellme one institude that works in nigeria??
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by holluwai(m): 12:35am On Feb 08, 2013
What nonsense are you talking this man?

redsun: For real? This is not the government problem now,it is the management. Average everyday nigerians behaves like wild animals and a situation like that can never encourage good leadership.

All have to be accountable and responsible for their actions,including the railway staffs and passengers.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by BodyKiss(m): 12:36am On Feb 08, 2013
Justcash: All of you that are blaming GEJ for this one are very daft. He is refurbishing the rail system. Is it not the duty of the masses to guard and ensure that these infrastructures are operated efficiently? The people that are to blame for this rot are;
A. The masses that prefer to hang like monkeys on top of the coaches instead of sitting like decent people inside.
B. The inefficiency of the masses that got employed after these trains were brought back to life.
C. The illiterate masses that cannot just be patient on order for the coaches to be operated within its capacity.
D. The preference of the masses for short cuts even if it implies indulging in corrupt practices.
F. The Spineless masses that cannot exercise their civic rights by demanding for orderly conduct through legal means.

Everything is not about the FG. You will just be surprised at the kind of criticism and antagonism that will come from the masses following any plan by the FG to restore order through coercion. Nonsense.

You obviously didn't read the post.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by takedat(m): 12:40am On Feb 08, 2013
ifebosco:
most read

a)))in every society in the world,the are people with uncivilized behavior,that is why, we have a government who is supposed to use the our laws and inforcement agencies to control the situation-
b)))who employ them??
c))))law and order will help here
d)))educate them to be more civical,do we have education in nigeria
E)))our chaotic orientation as you said, is because nobody ever thought us law and order
f)))our civic rights is been destoyed by the long military rule,that has affected our psychology
so my brother stop insulting us,the government is to blame for our ills
in the society.tellme one institude that works in nigeria??
God bless you, Intelligent dude. Its a shame when ordinary citizens encourage government to buck pass its own dereliction of duty to average Nigerians, expecting you and I to take up the failings of a government elected to perform and earning huge emolument!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifebosco: 12:47am On Feb 08, 2013
take dat: God bless you, Intelligent dude. Its a shame when ordinary citizens encourage government to buck pass its own dereliction of duty to average Nigerians, expecting you and I to take up the failings of a government elected to perform and earning huge emolument!
don´t mind him, his trying to be sentimental on our brother president.but 3years is enough for any government to change nigeria.gej as a president,his too slow and have too many corrupt people around him.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by redsun(m): 12:48am On Feb 08, 2013
holluwai: What nonsense are you talking this man?

Are u mad at fact that I said UR type behaves like wild uncontrollable wild dogs?

You guys deserve what you get. You are too primitive for fast locomotives.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by vicope: 12:53am On Feb 08, 2013

Wow! You have spoken.......unfortunately everything you said is arrant nonsense! That your government spent billions of dollars to revive a locomotive train is now a fault of the masses? If FG had opted for fast-moving cable or tunnel trains, do you think Nigerians are so daft as to travel on-top of such fast trains? How many Nigerians have you seen travelling on the top of luxurious or even small buses? If they travel on top of this train, its because they know that there is barely no risk on travelling on the top of a snail speed train. Precise what is wrong with your FG stationing some sort of task-force to ensure that tickets are not sold beyond the available number of seats?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by sparko1(m): 12:54am On Feb 08, 2013

you need your head checked.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by sparko1(m): 12:55am On Feb 08, 2013
Hmm!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by DisGuy: 12:56am On Feb 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Then why the criticism ?

was responding to

Rome was not built in a day. If OH BEE JAY kick started the NRC, if only Yaradua was not impossed on us and if he actually kickstarted the project, GEJ would have improved on it, this is just a case study, given a chance in 2015, I know this great man, this GEJ will convert Nigeria to China before 8yrs tenure runs out. Lets beg this great man, to contest in 2015.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by DisGuy: 1:00am On Feb 08, 2013
manny4life:

How much sluggish? 5x worse than it is now?

Heavy flooding washed away some tracks? You see the truth, for flooding to wash off rail tracks, it mush have deteriorated so badly, now it has gone through FULL restoration where it can't be washed off by flood, isn't that an achievement?

That it's new don't make them super efficient or top notch, either way, we're getting there. Rail in the next five years after GEJ will have improved drastically.

not that i know, same speed as now really, it was only interrupted by the washed tracks after niger or thereabout

okay... you know this for sure!

ps ive been meaning to ask you when last you were in nigeria, not that it matters though
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by vicope: 1:03am On Feb 08, 2013
ifihearam:

daft
You've proven to be even more daft! The guy stated his opinion and all you could mutter is 'daft'. slowpoke!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by deletrue: 1:05am On Feb 08, 2013
take dat: How is it my responsibility to ensure efficient management in public corporations? Isn't that why we have a bureaucracy and minister of transportation who is answerable to the president? Why should government embark on an exercise and its monitoring will prove difficult? Isn't the @Op protesting with this thread and that of the Vanguard link I gave? Well, I am not surprised cos I know you to always fawn on GEJ.
I don't need GEJ to run my home for me other than doing what he was elected to do and getting it "right", only an harebrained schizo like you would!
Oh my God. I know you will never disappoint me. You have once more displayed how senseless you are. So up till now it has not come into that your block head that it is one of the responsibilities of the public to protect government properties? When will you people learn to become wise so that the foolish ones like you will be reduced to the bearest number? Chief Okoro
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by redsun(m): 1:09am On Feb 08, 2013
There are many natural factors that inhibits fast trains in tropical Africa,heat most especially. To embark on the projects are high capital intensive,which is not really necessary if the slow trains can work properly,orderly and efficiently. It is a nice way if crisscrossing the country,taking one's time and enjoying the scenery.

We don't have to be on the fast road to nowhere like the west and the emerging Asian empires,but efficiently comfortable and independent through proper management and allocation of resources.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by vicope: 1:13am On Feb 08, 2013
torhuke:
Can u hear ds ediot comparing a jorny frm Ilorin 2 Lagos to Madrid to London.. U really xpect us 2 achive d london feat in 2 years.. Talk sense abeg..! If the UK and america is paused 4 5years and Nigeria is FastForwaded 4 5years, do u really think we will get 2 wher dey are wt mumus like u... Ppptchew..!
Hear the nonsense you are saying! If we have the resources, why not buy the latest technology? Instead we buy the old-fashioned model at the cost of the latest model! Corruption is our greatest problem. GEJ is guilty of that.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by toluxa1(m): 1:17am On Feb 08, 2013
I travelled by train from Minna to Kaduna last year, late Dec, it was horrible. I enjoyed the ride because it was my first time but mehnnn, we really need orientation when it comes to our maintenance culture. The toilets are appalling. Spaces so crowded, etc. I learnt there is some sought of FIRST CLASS space from Lag to Kano, dont know how true it is. Learnt you'll have a kind of self contained. Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari: Be Patient With Any Law You Have Misgiving About / Shehu Sani Slams El-rufai Again, Says El-rufai Is An Unwashed Underwear Of PDP / Anthony Ayine, Auditor-general Indicts Presidency, EFCC, NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.