Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience (22296 Views)

Kano-lagos Train Derails After Hitting ‘abandoned’ Truck On Rail Track / 900 Passengers Escape Death In Lagos Train Accident / Critcism Of Fashola And The Lagos Train Project - Bad Belle And Silly Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Ebestsmscom: 7:45am On Feb 08, 2013
How long does it take from Ilorin to Lagos by motor/car?
Let me check out something here.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by emandman: 7:48am On Feb 08, 2013
@op GOD BLESS U 4dis post
i enterd 4d firstime oshogbo to abeokuta,kai...i wil neva try it again,i stood by d toilet door!!! Shifting 4 ppl anytym dey wan go shit.a 6hrs trip i stood carrying my bag wit me oh...prior to dat i thougth usd 2b more convenient whr u'l buy tea and popcorn etc,as i c in films.i now noticed dat.
1) ppl enterd train regadles of d incovenicne because it's cheap
2)because of it relative safety,whc is also a functn of d money,if its costly dey wnt care its safety
3)poverty mentality,i think 9ja train is meant 4d poor,d way dey pakage it.
So train na WASH!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Burger01(m): 8:10am On Feb 08, 2013
21hrs!!! Inside this moving jalopy!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by 1Dray(m): 8:12am On Feb 08, 2013
Some of you are so ungrateful, full of hate... Smh.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by teskyg: 8:12am On Feb 08, 2013
Don't we have people hanging on BRT?Haven't they turn BRT to Molue?Don't BRT breaks down on the highway?Don't BRT leaves their lanes and share the other Lanes with other users?Are BRT Drivers not reckless?We have not seen any post on this blaming Fashola.The same people who get on the this forum heaping insult on those who try to make things work have not contributed anything to the growth of this Country.What did Obasanjo,IBB,Abatch and Buhari do?Was is not the same Buhari who truncate a bridge or rail project in Lagos some years back?Today we have plenty MoRRons marketing his much maligned credentials by rubing some initial achievement of GEJ in the mud.Let it be know to all of you anti-Govt and never see good junks here that we are fully aware of your antics and will not be swayed by your evil planned to trancate the transformation of this Country.Let it also be know to you that the much sang anti- corruption ryme of your sponsor , Buhari went up in smoke immiediately he went into romance with Tinubu.

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by mikey2fin: 8:59am On Feb 08, 2013
We Nigerian Citizens have got more problems than the Jonathan Administration. WILD ANIMALS!!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by OmoEziokwu: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2013
The truth is that Nigerians are naturally chaotic. That couldn't happen anywhere in the West. Another thing, Nigerians must begin to hold their leaders responsible.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by benzion72(m): 9:11am On Feb 08, 2013
The men of today who spent $65 billion dollar on rails like this are really trying. Hope they are spending some money to improve our prisons cause some of them will have their residence there in the high brow Ikoyi, when they two will become men of yesterday. It is a shame of a nation to see this kind of train on our ancient gauge rail. It is transformation indeed.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Opeyemi0105: 9:19am On Feb 08, 2013
Calm down people. HSR is coming to Nigeria but not in the next 20 years.If you want to travel from Ilorin to Lagos under 3 hours or less we need to redesign our rail tracks,they are narrow and not straight enough, and like most comment here erosion has eating deep into them. We need proper train (forget all these Lord Lugard type) and invest, in power generation,you can't power HSR on smokey Peking generator.Currently what NEPA (we still know them as such)is generating is not enough talk less of diverting it to power HSR, investment in people through training locally and internationally and finally technology transfer common the classic example is China.The Chinese government contracted their HSR to consortium of companies from Germany,US,France and Japan. We can achieve same but it will take a while.Lagos to Maiduguri if our government is serious,with HSR will take about 4/5 hours max, Sokoto to Calabar to about the same.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by bong4(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2013
We will only call this an achievement when those occupying leadership position start using the so called train. How can i spend 9 hours or so from ilorin to lagos when by car it is much faster. The essence of using flight is meeting up with engagements and same should be extended to the train.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by AjanleKoko: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2013
21 hours by train for a less-than-400-km journey?

Trains running in Europe and the US in the 1800s were faster than this embarassed
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by justmenoni: 11:08am On Feb 08, 2013
only in naija
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Elhakym1(m): 11:21am On Feb 08, 2013
OMG! You just broke my heart! Been planning on buying a 1st-class ticket for Ilorin-Kano next Tuesday...then it'll take like eternity to get to Kano.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by anonimi: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2013
Wadeoye: The same old rusty train and GEJ buutlickers are making noise. Is this the transformation he promised?

When was the last time these "old rusty trains" functioned
Was GEJ responsible for the NRC officials who sold 2,500 tickets for 900 seats?
How many of us who shout leader this, leader that are being "smart" in our respective places of work or business doing things similar to what the NRC official did above?
Things like receiving a "cut" for contracts awarded in your office that result in over-priced services and supplies that are of inferior quality? Or having several company letter headed paper for bidding for the same person?
A people get the type of leaders they deserve.

We are too much of hypocrites for any real change to happen NOW in our dear country.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ballabriggs: 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
Was GEJ present when the train tracks were reconstructed? Did he sit at the site with workers to ensure completion? But then he takes the glory as one off his so-called "achievements".

Now there are issues with operations, there seems to be no defined strategy, the trains are run in a typical 'bolekaja' manner. Yet you say "is he the one selling the tickets?". Did he also construct the train tracks?

Absolute rubbish, leaders take responsibility. There is no way you can be present at each point controls are being implemented, however, it is called cascading a culture. You set a tone at the top and cascade that same tone through out your organisation. That is leadership behaviour and not the behaviour of a mediocre which you all think should be.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by hercules07: 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
ballabriggs: Was GEJ present when the train tracks were reconstructed? Did he sit at the site with workers to ensure completion? But then he takes the glory as one off his so-called "achievements".

Now there are issues with operations, there seems to be no defined strategy, the trains are run in a typical 'bolekaja' manner. Yet you say "is he the one selling the tickets?". Did he also construct the train tracks?

Absolute rubbish, leaders take responsibility. There is no way you can be present at each point controls are being implemented, however, it is called cascading a culture. You set a tone at the top and cascade that same tone through out your organisation. That is leadership behaviour and not the behaviour of a mediocre which you all think should be.

The thing tire me o, we spend billions and we get excuses that our rail is narrow guage, make the bloody thing wide guage nau, why should we spend Ferrari money to get beetle.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ballabriggs: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
hercules07:

The thing tire me o, we spend billions and we get excuses that our rail is narrow guage, make the bloody thing wide guage nau, why should we spend Ferrari money to get beetle.

You see, a problem has been found, you move in, you find solutions, that is problem-solving, it is continuous improvement, it is leadership behaviour, that is how nations develop.

But what we have here are people looking for those who want to "bring the government down". Rubbish!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Hoodrat(m): 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
wtf?? shocked shocked shocked this is like watching wild life on national geographic shocked shocked nigerian people don kolo finish to the extent no normal human being was able to stop the barbaric act of sitting on a train? the train is chaotic and people didnt seat orderly like human beings oh lord wtf is this?
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by nomisimon: 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
Weird and scary story! 21 hrs!!!!! how now? bros small small
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Symphony007: 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
This story is a well ochestrated lie!! There is no way a train will take 21 hours from lagos to illorin. Is there traffic on the rail track? Even steam engine trains that i've entered in england does'nt go so slow talk less of a locomptive engine. Absolute hogwash and this is most painfull because this story has spread to a site called "modern ghana" and they're having a filled day making fun of us. Ghastly nigerian!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by EmmyDe25(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Your fellow HATER alleged that it took him/her 21hrs or was it 40 days and 40nights to commute from Ilorin to wherever by train. That is the cruz of the matter, not pictures.
U tink d dude lied?
Wel, hear ds, i was cumin frm Kwara sumtyms around Nov last yr nd i decided to cum by rail, we tuk off frm Offa around 11am nd we got to Lagos 'agege terminus' wia i droppd around 4am d nxt dae.. Wit nowia to even sit. Twas such a horibu xperience.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2013
e mandman: @op GOD BLESS U 4dis post
i enterd 4d firstime oshogbo to abeokuta,kai...i wil neva try it again,i stood by d toilet door!!! Shifting 4 ppl anytym dey wan go shit.[/b]a 6hrs trip i stood carrying my bag wit me oh...prior to dat i thougth usd 2b more convenient whr u'l buy tea and popcorn etc,as i c in films.i now noticed dat.
1) ppl enterd train regadles of d incovenicne because it's cheap
2)because of it relative safety,whc is also a functn of d money,if its costly dey wnt care its safety
3)[b]poverty mentality,i think 9ja train is meant 4d poor,d way dey pakage it.

So train na WASH!!!

Was there no other space for you to at least not be romancing the poo of the people and shift away from the toilet area?
It is not build for the poor but to siphon money from the economy of Nigeria, cos that rubbish shown there and called a train is nothing but a cage, see the fan . . . Men, the leaders in Nigeria are so lucky to be leading set of people that are just kool with status quo and never see beyond what they are used to . . . .So sad
I will be glad to know how much was invested on this "rate cage" labeled Train
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Fhemmmy: 4:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
Symphony007: This story is a well ochestrated lie!! There is no way a train will take 21 hours from lagos to illorin. Is there traffic on the rail track? Even steam engine trains that i've entered in england does'nt go so slow talk less of a locomptive engine. Absolute hogwash and this is most painfull because this story has spread to a site called "modern ghana" and they're having a filled day making fun of us. Ghastly nigerian!!!

Let us even assume it was a lie, would the pix lie to as to the state of the "rat cage" labeled Train?
Besides, this cage probably wont be able to move more than 10Km/hr as well as try to remember how the train track in some area are packed with people selling stuff, and i wont be surprised if this cage stalled every few minutes cos it is not meant for human being
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by drnoel: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
the nigerian factor has set it as always
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by sheyguy: 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
21hrs?? Maybe OP was trying to say he boarded the train 21 hrs after getting a ticket. 21 hrs for less the 500km translates to less than 25Km/Hr.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Revolva(m): 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
21hours from ilorin to lagos is that not madness..wtf..I go enter bus instead of this sardine machine!!!!nonsense
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by francis4real(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
those bad bele wey no dey lyk good tinz una fit die 2 what I know, GEJ thank u 4 restoring railway back 2 live.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by bilms(m): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
It is 21hrs from ilorin to lagos
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by WarriPikin1: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
bilms: HELL OF TRAIN

I took a train from ilorin to lagos to confirm the said transformation and guess what? It took me 21hours to reach Lasgidi from Ilorin. On top of that train, you would notice multitude of people,but guess what? Contrary to what people are saying, they didnt climb it for free,they paid equal money with those inside.

The railway staffs would sell 2500 tickets when the train can only accommodate 900 people and when the people that couldn't get a sit request for refund,they would say it is none refundable. full article coming soon

If Boko haram catch this kain Sardines package with dem bombs,e no go sweet o! Please the should buy more trains to prevent this type of shameful congestion.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by bilms(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lol
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by rashypep(m): 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
this country reall suck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Africa And Europe At Night From Space / Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday / Dangote, Dantata, Abdussamad, Others Get New Appointments In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.