Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,350 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:52 PM

A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience (22327 Views)

Kano-lagos Train Derails After Hitting ‘abandoned’ Truck On Rail Track / 900 Passengers Escape Death In Lagos Train Accident / Critcism Of Fashola And The Lagos Train Project - Bad Belle And Silly Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Fhemmmy: 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
I came here expecting so much pix . . .
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
Kamsy10:

Everybody cannot be in d yahoo business. Besides planes in Nigeria are nothing to brag about

and train is something to brag about abi? smh4u
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
pro01:

Corruption, incompetence, and mismanagement has never been a 'government' problem. It is a Nigerian problem. So people expect GEJ to stay in the Illorin rail station and personally ensure that the tickets are sold correctly and that everything else works normally. Incredible.

can you imagine how dafts reason??i wonder too my brother.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by idirect(m): 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
[b]@OP By train abi drainage?[/b]
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
grafikii: If I hear anybody list this nonsense as an achievement again thunder go fire that person

thunder fire you for being an ingrate
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
ifihearam:

nor be your mate dey take plane
Its a good thing they are trying to bring back rail services but for now if u are nt the rugged type,u won't enjoy it except prolly if u are able to get their first class seats and I think its limited.
I got to their terminal at 11am and I guess d train got to osogbo frm ilorin arnd 12 or so and I entered outskirt of lagos arnd 6:30pm or so and I think I dropped of at the last terminal iddo arnd 7 or past 7pm and eventually I got home arnd past 8pmor more....too many stop overs...u guys need to try b4 u can comment..cheers
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by blacksta(m): 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
Half bread is better than none
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 07, 2013
Wadeoye: The same old rusty train and GEJ buutlickers are making noise. Is this the transformation he promised?
BUT IT IS MOVING NAAA!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by takedat(m): 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
What is worth doing is worth doing well. If the Government has decided to rehabilitate rail transport, its pertinent that it gets the management right. The reason why rail system went comatose in time past was because of what the @Op experienced.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by slimfit1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
Well Jonathan is a semi educated person I'm not surprised that is his standard so don't expect too much.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ypzilanti: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
Believe it or not, many Nigerians do not think they deserve any better.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by cupid4ig(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
its surprises me the way nigerians reason. during obj and the rest time all this rail way wasnt functioning but GEJ has atleast worked on them and u guys are complaining, the truth hurts and thats is why some of us can just admit to the simple truth that GEJ is trying in as much as he is slow in acting but at least he is working. pls cut him some slack. haters gonna hate. all u guys know how to do and say is Nigeria is falling apart, apart from tweeting and commenting on nairaland what have you done to help matters?! Sit down and STFU ediooots tongue

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by tomakint: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eko Ile: Your 21 hour misery is odechukwus achievement.
That's why I like you, you are too cheap 'upstairs' to the extent that if the OP tells you he saw a 'dog carrying an elephant' you'l just believe undecided so, if the same OP calls u a goat tomorrow, are we supposed to believe he is right? Just asking no offense cool
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by DisGuy: 11:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
pro01:

Corruption, incompetence, and mismanagement has never been a 'government' problem. It is a Nigerian problem. So people expect GEJ to stay in the Illorin rail station and personally ensure that the tickets are sold correctly and that everything else works normally. Incredible.

redsun: For real? This is not the government problem now,it is the management. Average everyday nigerians behaves like wild animals and a situation like that can never encourage good leadership.

All have to be accountable and responsible for their actions,including the railway staffs and passengers.

unfortunately this is a government controlled sector , under the management of goverment appointed individuals who after several and widespread safety breaches- overcrowding, passengers on top of trains- are not doing anything to reduce or eradicate this problems effectively at the early stages then the blame will go back to the top- Government!!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by takedat(m): 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
For those lambasting the @Op for sharing his experience, others too have noticed the poor service delivery that may threaten the little achievement gained and the billions of Naira spent on revitalising the rail system. Its time government take appropriate measures to see that it doesn't go moribund otherwise those shouting transformation now will be the first to blame government.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/poor-service-delivery-threatens-railway-rehabilitation/

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
grafikii: 12hrs train ride to lagos from illorin and some monkeys here have been calling this transformation, pls how long does it take to travel from Madrid to London by rail .
Can u hear ds ediot comparing a jorny frm Ilorin 2 Lagos to Madrid to London.. U really xpect us 2 achive d london feat in 2 years.. Talk sense abeg..! If the UK and america is paused 4 5years and Nigeria is FastForwaded 4 5years, do u really think we will get 2 wher dey are wt mumus like u... Ppptchew..!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
ifihearam:

nor be your mate dey take plane
grin grin you bad!! grin
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Rossikk(m): 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
slim fit :
Well Jonathan is a semi educated person I'm not surprised that is his standard so don't expect too much.

Jonathan has a doctorate degree. Do you have even a bachelors?

Loud mouthed dunce.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
slim fit :
Ur xo educated dt ur brain need 2 be fumigated 2 eradicate the roaches eatyn up ur twisted brains.. slowpoke..!
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by deletrue: 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
Wadeoye: The same old rusty train and GEJ buutlickers are making noise. Is this the transformation he promised?
You are nothing but the beginning and end of foolishness. In fact your comments is the hight of a primitive individual and a typical nigerian.
Do you know the assistance that train has provide for nigerians? If the that train not is part of transformation, why are people utilising it, even to the extent of buying ticked to hang. No point responding to people like you who are from a banana republic. From the above short question, you can now ask youself if you are indeed from a normal settings, since it has not only shown the stuff you are made of, but also your conscious level in life.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by deletrue: 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ballabriggs: 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Privatise this rubbish now and stop wasting our money on crap. Any transport project not aimed at reducing journey time and increasing safety in this century is a complete waste.

Privatise it! You can retain ownership and maintenance of the train tracks but let Private operators run the train. They pay a licensing fee, they pay rent for the use of the tracks and stations too and we can focus on building other tracks.

Win win everyone is happy. Instead of spending billions on a 21 hour journey from Lagos to Illorin.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by PapaBrowne(m): 11:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
I remember when GSM came to Nigeria. You call a number 20 times before it connects. But today you can call 100 times before it messes up.
I remember when internet first came to the world, checking mail was as slow as a snail. Today we watch live TV.
I remember when TVs first came to planet earth. They weren't flat screens but huge big boxes with black and white pictures.
I remember the first day I first saw a camera phone, it was like WOOOW. To think that it wasn't even a smartphone...
I remember the first day I tried to drive. I thought it was impossible. But today I probably can run a LORRY.

The moral is simple. The most important thing is to start. And then grow and grow and grow and grow!!
We have started. Slow and dastardly as it seems. We have started. Tommorow, or next year or a decade from now, we would have moved up the ladder and the trains would be faster. Our rail tracks that were ignored by all the past administrations have started moving again.
Even if the trains are slow for passengers, 21 hrs is not out of place for goods that previously ran on lorries.

Slowly and steadily, transformation is taking place... from Airports to Roads to Seaports to Railways... the evidence is made clearer by the fact that previous governments ignored all these things for decades!

I will end with the fact that while China is building SuperSonic railway systems, America and Europe that we love to reference are not able to do same because the cost requirements are enormous. Nigeria is not a rich country. Oil money is peanuts and would never build is speed trains.
There is a place and time for everything. We must start somewhere. If we dont start here, we will never start.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by ifihearam: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
take dat: For those lambasting the @Op for sharing his experience, others too have noticed the poor service delivery that may threaten the little achievement gained and the billions of Naira spent on revitalising the rail system. Its time government take appropriate measures to see that it doesn't go moribund otherwise those shouting transformation now will be the first to blame government.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/poor-service-delivery-threatens-railway-rehabilitation/

do you know how much past administrations budgeted on the railways but nothing to show for? why can you people appreciate good things when you see one. We are not saying we are there yet,but at least not where we used to be.GEJ is working day and night to ensure he brings to fruition what he promised and instead of you people to appreciate his kind gestures for the little so he does more you are busy ranting like those from banana republic.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by akraym(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
blacksta: Half bread is better than none

Point of correction: half bread is better than puff puff
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
Rome was not built in a day. If OH BEE JAY kick started the NRC, if only Yaradua was not impossed on us and if he actually kickstarted the project, GEJ would have improved on it, this is just a case study, given a chance in 2015, I know this great man, this GEJ will convert Nigeria to China before 8yrs tenure runs out. Lets beg this great man, to contest in 2015.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by Fhemmmy: 12:01am On Feb 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Rome was not built in a day. If OH BEE JAY kick started the NRC, if only Yaradua was not impossed on us and if he actually kickstarted the project, GEJ would have improved on it, this is just a case study, given a chance in 2015, I know this great man, this GEJ will convert Nigeria to China before 8yrs tenure runs out. Lets beg this great man, to contest in 2015.

Do you mean that or you just kidding?
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by stankezzy: 12:06am On Feb 08, 2013
dayokanu: If Retardeen Jonathan's achievement is a 21hour trip from ilorin to Lagos Abeg how long would trekking/cycling Ilorin to Lagos take
you are a big fat fool(bff).
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by takedat(m): 12:06am On Feb 08, 2013
ifihearam:

do you know how much past administrations budgeted on the railways but nothing to show for? why can you people appreciate good things when you see one. We are not saying we are there yet,but at least not where we used to be.GEJ is working day and night to ensure he brings to fruition what he promised and instead of you people to appreciate his kind gestures for the little so he does more you are busy ranting like those from banana republic.
If I am from banana republic, then you will be the mango people. My concern is not on how much past administrations spent on rehabilitating the railways. Here we are talking of efficient management, if a coach meant for 200 passengers convey 500 passengers, be sure it wouldn't last long and government will need to buy another one with more tax payers fund. Railway was in existence in the 80's, the same complaint now was its albatross then before it went comatose. Do you advise we keep up with mediocrity because you want to shout fresh air. Government should get its act right.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by slimfit1(m): 12:07am On Feb 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Jonathan has a doctorate degree. Do you have even a bachelors?

Loud mouthed dunce.

I don't but I'm comfortable with my degree, and the standard that I set myself can you imagine that. You sound like someone that has million s of them tittle s yet lake proper wisdom.
Re: A Nairalander's Ilorin To Lagos Train Experience by manny4life(m): 12:08am On Feb 08, 2013
the_ripper2: U do sometin, dem go talk.

U no do, dem go still talk.

This country needs severe Healing.

Real healing from corruption to ungratefulness.

When the tracks where lying waste, some bunkums were busy saying ONLY IF GEJ could revive it, he revived it now, they say it's the hours. When they get new trains now, they will say it's something else. You can't please Nigerians, myself inclusive -- thank God I'm a Nigerian o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Slams El-rufai Again, Says El-rufai Is An Unwashed Underwear Of PDP / Anthony Ayine, Auditor-general Indicts Presidency, EFCC, NASS / Two Traffickers Excrete 191 Pellets Of Cocaine, Heroin At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.