Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye (21320 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by VirginFinder: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
The problem is that one will always want to have more of it from time to time until the person becomes a drunk.
Hence, it is better to stay away from it altogether.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by ZACHIE: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
doofanc:

A Christian having a bar loaded with assorted drinks is clearly sending a bad message and is not acceptable.

I'm not also sure a Christian shacking up at a local bar, no matter how decent, is a good idea. What is another brethren who is still young in faith sees him there? What message is being passed across?

Don,t go there, please.
A christian can pleasure his taste buds just like a Hindi....we are all human.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
Virgin Finder: The problem is that one will always want to have more of it from time to time until the person becomes a drunk.
Hence, it is better to stay away from it altogether.
This kind of reasoning will implode the church sooner than later. I don't drink and never have but, i know beter than to start allowing my own personal sentiments cloud my judgement and pretend it is what the bible teaches.
what you wrote is your own personal thought and not the bibles submkssion. Are you wiser than the bible ?

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by violent(m): 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
The truth is, any Christian sister who allows her husband to drink alcohol is simply setting the stage for strange things to happen in her home. Is your husband saying, 'It is just a little harmless sip once in a long while', remember a little occasional sip today will become an uncontrollable gush tomorrow. Be warned! In addition, having a bar in a Christian home completely negates the ethics of godliness. It is an invitation to the spirit of liquor to have its permanent abode in that house. That house will no longer have peace! Having a bar in your home is having an altar for Satan in that home. You can be sure that the Holy Spirit will simply step aside. Believers' homes should be identified by the serenity of the place and by the provision of a prayer room for God. You should have an altar where God will meet with you daily. If you don't, convert your bar or one of your rooms into such an altar for the King of kings today!

But erhm sir, I pretty sure it says somewhere in my Bible that the Lord Jesus at some point in his life turned water into wine at wedding reception...are you suggesting that the Lord must be wrong to have done this as the wedding guests are likely to have mistresses just because they love wine?

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by claremont(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
There is a reason why Jesus chose turning water to wine as his first miracle, it is because he recognized the importance of alcohol as a unique drug.

I think moderation is the key to anything in life, anything done in excess is bad. Eating, drinking alcohol, womanizing, smoking are good so long as they are done in moderate quantities; when you start allowing these necessary evils to control you, it then becomes a bad thing.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by UnknownMember: 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
More hogwash...

Even Jesus' first miracle involved shayo. Even Timothy was spiritually sanctioned to pop something.

This message is yet another proof that these men of God are all just plain jokers. If only people can start reading heir bibles for themselves rather than wait for their pastors to tell it to them, then hey would truly be free from the bondage that they find themselves in.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Soso990240(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
I dnt thnk God is against alcohol..between u and me,do u knw dat d alter wine in churches is 1 of d strongest alcohol in d world? D fact is..DO NT TAKE MUCH OF ALCO..or u go misbehave.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by redsun(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
Adeboye forgot that private jet is top of the class of devil's throne.

Unrepentant hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by UnknownMember: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
redsun: Adeboye forgot that private jet is top of the class of devil's throne.

Unrepentant hypocrite.

Yeah!

The asshole should preach about where the bible discourages insane wealth and encourages charity work and alms giving.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by basisop(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pastor gave his personal opinion. If after taking alcohol it goes down to his fallous, it might not apply to all.

So all the alcohol takers have affairs outside their marriage? False!

For alcohol at home, you can keep for your guest, youself when you don't want to visit a bar. Like I said he should speak for himself.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by dktopsy(m): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
kaytytty: na wa o when will christians ever agree with one another,some will say it is bad some will say it is not and they all bring their reference from BIBLE.so that means the BIBLE is the number one cause of confusion among the christians

You are a biased fool. All your topics are centered on condemning christians. Why not just mind your own business and concentrate on ur own redemption together with your family members. Idiot
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by redsun(m): 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
Unknown Member:

Yeah!
B
The asshole should preach about where the bible discourages insane wealth and encourages charity work and alms giving.

A situation where over 70 percent of nigerians are starving,he is spending billions on aircraft just because he feels too kingly to fly commercial aircraft and he has the guts to talk about devil thrones.

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
I see that bible confuse some christian because they are not led by the holy spirit.So understand as d spirit leads.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Dzany(m): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
what about food that increases sexual drive?.........what will Adeboye say about such food....?

Mtcheeeeeeewwwwwssss!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by jhydebaba(m): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nobody wey nairalanders no fit talk to anyhow. Una forget say bible talk say "touch not my annoiting..." As for me, lips lipsrsealed
But wait oh, baba should consider retiring now.

In other news...
I need money to destroy my bar
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Seyidlc(m): 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
Jesus Christ and the devil can't be in-laws to each other....#wine is a mocker..and the wine we are talkn about ere N̶̲̥̅̊☺ be eva..most of you know the truth..why the confusion

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Annie2gud(f): 1:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
The Lord is our strenght

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Wadosky(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
I come in peace,
What if the wine Jesus made was just a fruit juice or non alcoholic beverage like eva wine?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wadosky: I come in peace,
What if the wine Jesus made was just a fruit juice or non alcoholic beverage like eva wine?

No such thing as non alcoholic wine. Wine is by it's very definition an alcoholic beverage and biblical wine was definitely alcoholic.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by ayobase(m): 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
Guitarlife: but how do we explain the issue of Jesus' maiden miracle been the mirale of wine at the marriage in canaan ?

There is a difference between wine of today and wine of after today...fermentation...if it were fermented wine (alcohol) Jesus gave them, then that wedding might have taken another course...people might drunk to the level of misbehaving....no misbehaviour was reported during and after the wedding ceremony!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PHIPEX(m): 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
Guitarlife: i expect most christians to come here and rationalise but if taking wine was that bad then i wouldn't expect jesus to encourage the guests at the marriage in cana to take it talkless of making it his maiden miracle. This is just a simple matter isn't it ? But i expect 'sadduces and pharisees' to call me names. Sheep indeed is what most christians are.
Correct me if am wrong but the issue at hand here is alcohol and not WINE. The last time I checked not all wines are alcohol. Jesus turned water into WINE not ALCOHOL. The condemnation here is alcohol and not wine except if it's alcoholic wines. For those insisting on taking a little remember that "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump"

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Wadosky(m): 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
How abt dis

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX: Correct me if am wrong but the issue at hand here is alcohol and not WINE. The last time I checked not all wines are alcohol. Jesus turned water into WINE not ALCOHOL. The condemnation here is alcohol and not wine except if it's alcoholic wines. For those insisting on taking a little remember that "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump"

Wine is alcohol.

Wine is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grapes or other fruits. The natural chemical balance of grapes lets them ferment without the addition of sugars, acids, enzymes, water, or other nutrients.[1] Yeast consumes the sugars in the grapes and converts them into alcohol. Different varieties of grapes and strains of yeasts produce different types of wine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by sweetcheecks(f): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
redsun:

A situation where over 70 percent of nigerians are starving,he is spending billions on aircraft just because he feels too kingly to fly commercial aircraft and he has the guts to talk about devil thrones.

I know this is beside the topic but your comment gets one thinking. Is this guy not the Pastor with 3 jets or so? Why does he need 3 jets when he cannot fly them at the same time? If he wants to take more church people why did he not just get a boeing? This is gluttony at its best. You know its amazing how the new pastorship of the church are soo choosy on what they concentrate on depending on their own desires.

My mom always tells me or even scold for having too many clothes, shoes and bags some of which I bought never even opened let alone wearing them and stacked up in my closet. She always sternly warn me that it is sinful to gather more than you have use for when millions are in need. Mind you I worked for these no donation or offers from anyone but I always feel so convicted by her words.

What about these pastors. This ministry system has corrupted the church for in former institutionalised churches the tithe were sent to the church head office to be shared and pastores recieved salary every month, free lodging and transport etc.

It is amazung that the wine will be such source of distraction when gluttony is not. Just thinking. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by violent(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX: Correct me if am wrong but the issue at hand here is alcohol and not WINE. The last time I checked not all wines are alcohol. Jesus turned water into WINE not ALCOHOL. The condemnation here is alcohol and not wine except if it's alcoholic wines. For those insisting on taking a little remember that "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump"

Yeah right, my neighbor's Honda accord is actually a mini-Lamborghini

There's WINE, and then there's Juice!

It can't be called Wine if it hasn't undergone fermentation, so if Jesus turned water into Wine, then he turned Water into WINE! You can't separate Alcohol from Wine.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
sweetcheecks:

I know this is beside the topic but your comment gets one thinking. Is this guy not the Pastor with 3 jets or so? Why does he need 3 jets when he cannot fly them at the same time? If he wants to take more church people why did he not just get a boeing? This is gluttony at its best. You know its amazing how the new pastorship of the church are soo choosy on what they concentrate on depending on their own desires.

My mom always tells me or even scold for having too many clothes, shoes and bags some of which I bought never even opened let alone wearing them and stacked up in my closet. She always sternly warn me that it is sinful to gather more than you have use for when millions are in need. Mind you I worked for these no donation or offers from anyone but I always feel so convicted by her words.

What about these pastors. This ministry system has corrupted the church for in former institutionalised churches the tithe were sent to the church head office to be shared and pastores recieved salary every month, free lodging and transport etc.

It is amazung that the wine will be such source of distraction when gluttony is not. Just thinking. undecided

and you are 100% right.

I don't listen to these men anymore, my source is the bible and asking God for wisdom.

Sickening behavior they practice , while talking to the sheeple like they are kindergarten children , trying to control their lives and of course their money , when the reality is we are ALL EQUAL. No one of us is greater than the other in the body of Christ , though we may have different gifts.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by samkoro: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Consumption of alcohol is mostly criticised by christians that have not taken it before and do not know what it is by experience.Alcohol is a two edged sword,it has its good and bad as rightly explained by the bible.The bible condemns being drunk with wine rather than the holy spirit.

Just do a thorough research on this and u will realise that its a sin to get drunk but not a sin to drink wine.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by chuksme(m): 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
joseph1832: How come almost any thing said by this Pastor Adeboye makes front page immediately?

So many post that deserve front page are not even given any thought but when its a "Pastor" it immediately makes front page, what are the moderators moderating?!

This nonsense has to stop! Haba!
If u don't like any Topic at the front page,simply jump and pass. It is not mandetary that u must enter any topic ok,
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by sweetcheecks(f): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2013

Are you serious? grin grin grin
If there is such a difference in wine and alcohol, why did the bible lets take the pastors verse for the topics sake;
Ephesians 5 :18 not written DO NOT GET DRUNK WITH ALCOHOL BUT WINE? Get mu point? Have you ever seen a verse that seperates the two in the bible. This the problem with some Christians try to rationalise the bible to fit their ideologies as if God made a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by violent(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Yeah, funny innit? God is actually likely to get angry if you drink wine (which is much more healthy than drinking 5 alive or coke) than he is if you brain-washed thousands into submitting 10% of their earnings and spending the same on luxury (that you can actually do without) while millions around the world starve to death or go homeless!

I have stopped listening to these people who all claim to hear from God. I was in a Nigerian church sometime early this year and the pastor actually said "If you don't contribute to the building and construction of God's house this year, God will call you home". It took more than an ordinary measure of human restraint to stop me from yelling "F-uck off you dirty scumb-ag" right there and then.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by RedReact: 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wadosky: I come in peace,
You are wrong sir. ANYTHING called wine is alcoholic. All these 'non-alcoholic wines are not wines at all, but beverages.
Like some other brethren arguing for taking wines said, moderation is the key. I am also sure many of them don't drink it too based on some facts. I myself don't drink it because it tastes bitter for my liking. What is in the scripture is drunkeness. One can even get drunk with Coca-cola; this results in our body experiencing pile because it isn't taken moderately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.