Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye (21321 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PHIPEX(m): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

LIES !!! Jewish wine is always alcoholic as there is no such think as none alcoholic wine. Strong drink as is used in that verse was referring to beer and not making a distinction btw alcoholic wine and the so called non alcoholic version and YES the wine Jesus made was alcoholic.
Pastor Kun:

Your interpretation is very wrong. Strong drink as used in King's James version is used to describe beer and NOT to make a distinction btw wine and so called alcoholic wine. You may wish to get a bible concordance or check other versions of the bible to confirm what the bible means by strong drink.

You who is learned see it as Beer, to the person who hasn't gone to school "a strong drink" means Ogogoro or Kaikai etc. You may choose to give it the name you like but ultimately, what the Bible is refering to is any drink that intoxicates the body.

doofanc:

You see, this is what I was talking about. If indeed it is used interchangeably, how then do you know when it is the unfermented(if there's anything like that), or the fermented one, supposedly the strong drink, according to you?

Consider:

Gen 9:21 And Noah began [to be] an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: 21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

Gen 19:33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose

According to you, the Bible would have made it clear that it was 'strong drink' and wine in each of cases above

Situations like this should be where the Spirit of the word of God and not the Letters comes to play. I as a person go with the rule that says "if in doubt, leave out".
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by TOPSYEBENEZER(m): 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
[quote author=mbulela]
balanced interpretation of scripture. God bless you. Sorry o o o
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX:

You who is learned see it as Beer, to the person who hasn't gone to school "a strong drink" means Ogogoro or Kaikai etc. You may choose to give it the name you like but ultimately, what the Bible is refering to is any drink the intoxicates the body.

Situations like this should be where the Spirit of the word of God and not the Letters comes to play. I as a person go with the rule that says "if in doubt, leave out".

This is not subject to debate as I am not telling you how I see it, I am telling you what the bible says. Get a good bible concordance and check for yourself or go online and check other versions of the bible apart from KJV you would see that strong drink is termed as beer.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Chomzy19(f): 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Jesus'maiden miracle bein wine goes a long way to show us that wine(fresh wine)in itself isn't bad !
The Jews in those days and even today does not lack wine(grape juice) during ceremonies especially the wedding ceremony like the one in Canaan ! But the big question should be what kind of wine did Jesus made available in 20 gallons for the people at the wedding feast ? The master of ceremony called it the good wine ! Did the bible call it an alcoholic wine ? The bible never called it an alcoholic wine but we did !
No fresh wine has got intoxicating level of alcohol in it but as fermentation takes place over hours and days in some cases,the fresh wine becomes fermented and can intoxicate like hell ! So wine has got the potential to intoxicate but fresh wine can NEVER INTOXICATE ANY ONE !
Jesus made available of fresh wine and not alcoholic intoxicating wine ! Mind you,the jews refer to all the wines both intoxicating and non intoxicating as wine but they differentiate it with 'new and old wine'. Let's see this scripture to further elaborate''whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shall eat......Deut. 14:22-26.From this scripture,we can see the bible using wine and strong drink to tell us that they are not the same !
Please note that the more a fresh wine is kept the more stronger it get's as a result of fermentation !
Besides,this pastor may be against the intake of strong drink(alcoholic drink)because he knows that God warned us against bein drunk and in some places HE GOD said we should not take it at all and there is no way you will continue to occasionally drink alcohol without you also some times bein occasionally drunk ! The only i can't get drunk and sin against God is not drinking at all ! What are the benefits of taking alcohol in any quantity ? If at all there are benefits,what are the negative conscienceless ? You can go find out for urself and see if you will stop or continue to drink and attack anyone who tries to stop you !
God help us all
u think the wine jesus made frm water was non-alchoholic wine? U think jews celebrated their marrg with non-alchoholic wines? Well their is no such thing as nonalcoholic wines in those days (All wines are alcoholic) these non-alcoholic wine thing is today's wrong concept, because those wines shld properly be labelled 'juice'
my people perish for lack of knowledge - christ shared bread n wine wit his disciples @ d last supper(some will soon say 12 full blooded young men were drinking 'non alcoholic wine') study ur history mate.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mekaboy(m): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
Now, 99.999% of christians opposing this message are those of us struggling with the flesh. We all know that married men struggle with temptation not to cheat on their wife, how much more when they take alcohol that will give them the push?

Ok let's forget about Jesus turning water to wine and follow the simply scriptures that say " if you right hand will cause u to sin, cut it off" now most times alcohol will cause us to sin. So cut it off.

I pray I can cut it off entirely, when a guy drinks, the urge for sex increases.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
I think its important we put things in proper context. Are we encouraging others to go into mindless consumption of wine? Definitely not! We all have different levels of faith and self control. If one has had problems with it, then by all means stay away from anything that has to do with alcohol. And if consuming it will lead others to sin, they for their sake, and not yours, stay away from it.

1Cor8:13 For this reason, if food causes my brother or sister to sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I may not cause one of them to sin. That's why I against going to joints or having a bar at home.

But if you're trying to convince me that the occasional cup of 'palmy' that I take, in the privacy of my room, certainly not enough to get me inebriated, is against God's Word, then I'm sorry to say it your personal opinion - which you're entitled to - and not scripturally backed.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX:

The good thing is the Spirit will always lead you in line with His Word (1John4:2), NEVER AGAINST. Praise be to God Forever!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
mekaboy: Now, 99.999% of christians opposing this message are those of us struggling with the flesh. We all know that married men struggle with temptation not to cheat on their wife, how much more when they take alcohol that will give them the push?

Ok let's forget about Jesus turning water to wine and follow the simply scriptures that say " if you right hand will cause u to sin, cut it off" now most times alcohol will cause us to sin. So cut it off.

I pray I can cut it off entirely, when a guy drinks, the urge for sex increases.

Your personal opinion, it's not everybody that develop s.exual urges from consumption of alcohol.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Kenistry(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
because of teachings such as dis and oda manipulative teachings(tithe giving) wic r actually wrong and dese pastors 'hammer' d gospel on dem, making one to feel guilty, am seriously considerin puttin a stop to attendin church for nw. I jst bliv God will save us frm dese so called MOG. Alcohol is definitely not a sin, bt hypocrisy!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Ilekokonit: 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Having a bar in your home is having an altar for Satan in that home

By implication, praying for and laying hands on a politician who has a bar in his home is praying for a satan worshipper who has an altar for Satan in his home""

Whether Pastor Adeboye planned it or not, his scare mongering statement above panders towards the multiplier effect of men under duress from their wives to start spending less on booze and diverting that money into tithes, offerings and building pledges.

I'm not against tithes, offerings and building pledges but it should be given cheerfully and not under veiled threats of the satanic nature of having a bar in the home.

Some men spend their money on alcohol and others are addicted to expensive designer clothes which Pastor Adeboye's son used to sell in his shop on Edgware Road which is one of the most expensive areas of London.

Similar scare mongering is when a Naija based "General Overseer" tells members of his London branch to stop going to their Naija town union meetings to avoid being poisoned !!! This also was self serving because the "General Overseer" must have heard about the Union dues that each member pays and also the plans to build a Town hall back home in Naija which costs money and the GO's "concern" that they should stop attending the town union meetings to avoid being poisoned was a crafty way to divert funds away from socializing and into the church coffers.

This same "GO" or his wife was phoned in Naija by a member of his London branch whose wife was going through an extended and difficult labour and the "GO" or his wife told the distressed and obviously scared man to first go and pay his tithes to the London branch before calling Naija back. Its crazy what happens when men and women who have eyes to read the bible and mouths to pray to God "subcontract" their relationship with God to a middle man "GO" and his wife who themselves are not guaranteed to reach heaven according to the bible. Some people forget where the Bible states that God is no respecter of Person(s) and also that Woe unto him who puts his trust in man

hardbody:
Handing down the doctrine of men as if it is inspired of God is the highest level of hypocrisy and lying. It is best not to mislead the little ones as the Lord will exact punishment on all that are propagating falsehood in the name of the Lord.

Its similar to the catholic church prescribing celibacy to its priests. Its not only impossible but celibacy is not in the bible.

By the way, Pastor Albert Odulele did not have a bar in his house but he went on to admit sexually molesting a teenage boy in London and served time in prison telling police that he had always struggled with his sexuality.

Would it not have been better for Pastor Odulele's wife if her husband had a bar in the house instead of him abusing the teenage boy ?

My point is that abstaining from alcohol is not a guarantee that you will not be tempted or that when temptation comes, you will always win the battle

Alcohol is not in itself bad, it is the Abnormal Use (a.k.a Abuse) of alcohol that is bad.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by vandarsar(m): 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Christianity is a religion divided against itself. And you know what bother me so much?

kaytytty: na wa o when will christians ever agree with one another,some will say it is bad some will say it is not and they all bring their reference from BIBLE.so that means the BIBLE is the number one cause of confusion among the christians
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: Luke 7:33
33 For John the Baptist is come eating no bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a demon.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold, a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Above are the words of Jesus himself where he stated clearly that he regularly consumes wine to the extent that some hypocrites like we have here on NL accused him of being a winebibber some other bible versions even use the word drunkard. [size=15pt]Clearly if it was just grape Juice Jesus was drinking no one would call him a winebibber.[/size]

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
this pastor is soooooooooooooooooooooo spiritually empty!

Even the bible never in any of its verses equate immorality with alcohol!

the book of Psalm 104:15 - says that wine makes the heart glad!

John 2: 1-11 - jesus turned water into wine [his first miracle]

Proverbs 31:6 - [Douay-Rheims Bible]
Give strong drink to them that are sad: and wine to them that are grieved in mind

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
His is now speaking on alcohol.Trying to destroy another man's business while going about his. Okay!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX:

This is to my understanding is the very reason why the Bible says that the letters of the Bible kills but the spirit behind the Bible gives life,(2Cor 3:6). Someone who follows simply the letters of the Bible (especially regarding this issue) could very well justify whatever he does even with scriptures to backup. The king James for instance sometimes uses the word "wine" as alcohol but in most cases it differentiates Alcoholic wines (which it calls Strong drinks) from Non-alcoholics.

Le 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Nu 6:3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, [/b]neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.[b]

De 29:6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.

Jg 13:4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Jg 13:7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.

Jg 13:14 She may not eat of any thing that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: all that I commanded her let her observe.

1Sa 1:15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

I can go on and on...

I believe any christian who understands the level of his relationship with God will not use a simple instruction given to Timothy by Paul due to his ill health at the time to undermine over 20 other contrary instructions from God. Even if one is able to justify the drinking of alcohol but for the level of debates it's generating, the love and meekness in a christian should be able to make such a one to desist from it in order not to drag the name of God to disrepute.

in 1 Cor 8:8 Paul said he has the faith to eat (drink) anything and nothing will happen neither will he feel condemned but he went further to say in 1Co 8:10 "For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat(food and drinks) in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols." In verse 13 he said " Wherefore, if meat(food and drinks) make my brother to offend (sin), I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend."

I really understand your source but I for one have never thought that the bible was not as clear as it is and thus have never refered to WINE as JUICE and STRONG DRINK as WINE but have always seen WINE as WINE andwhat people refer to as STRONG DRINK as other stronger alholic drink such as BRANDY, WHISKY etc.

Just maybe i was not deep enough or shallow enough depending on which side you are on. undecided
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by redsun(m): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
Of course alcohol is hazardous when it is abused,even food too is hazardous when abused,it makes you fat and sick.

But it is nothing to feel guilty about. All you need is common sense to do whatever you do moderately. Alcohol releases the tension and it is for merriment. It distorts the brain wave from over seriousness to relax mode.
Though it could go either way,negative or positive reaction. It is all in the drinker's ability to apply common sense and know when to stop.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
It is evident that a majority of the churches in Nigeria preach the traditions and doctrines of MEN.

They mix truth with error and force the sheeple to swallow it hook line and sinker.

Well, news for the MOGs, time is up, the cat has been let out of the bag and the people shall be made free by Christ.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
doofanc: I think its important we put things in proper context. Are we encouraging others to go into mindless consumption of wine? Definitely not! We all have different levels of faith and self control. If one has had problems with it, then by all means stay away from anything that has to do with alcohol. And if consuming it will lead others to sin, they for their sake, and not yours, stay away from it.

1Cor8:13 For this reason, if food causes my brother or sister to sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I may not cause one of them to sin. That's why I against going to joints or having a bar at home.

But if you're trying to convince me that the occasional cup of 'palmy' that I take, in the privacy of my room, certainly not enough to get me inebriated, is against God's Word, then I'm sorry to say it your personal opinion - which you're entitled to - and not scripturally backed.

100% agree.

I take very little wine once in a while in the home or sometimes with work mates, but never in the presence of all brethren , seeing that many have been brainwashed and might stumble because of this matter.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
redsun: Of course alcohol is hazardous when it is abused,even food too is hazardous when abused,it makes you fat and sick.

But it is nothing to feel guilty about. All you need is common sense to do whatever you do moderately. Alcohol releases the tension and it is for merriment. It distorts the brain wave from over seriousness to relax mode.
Though it could go either way,negative or positive reaction. It is all in the drinker's ability to apply common sense and know when to stop.

absolutely, I have seen in the past, believers who could demolish a 'basin' of eba and not consider it as gluttony while at the same time condemning those who drink wine in moderation as drunkards.

In reality a glutton is someone who has no self control and it could be wine, food etc , anything done in excess.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
leffects: RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION SUNDAY 10TH MARCH 2013 ALCOHOL - AND IMMORALITY BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Memorise: Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Proverbs 23:33

Read: Proverbs 23:29-35

Bible in one year: Amos 7-9, Obadiah

Key point: If you truly want Jesus Christ living in your house, remove all thrones you have created for the devil

Ephesians 5:18 says you should be filled with the Holy Spirit and not with wine. That means, you should be so full of the Spirit that there will be no room for any spirit of liquor to occupy. If you are not full of the Holy Spirit and you drink beer or alcohol, you cannot avoid confusion. Those who take alcohol will most likely find sexual sins attractive. Some of them have as a result gone into incestuous intercourse with their daughters or relatives or even rape. Alcohol makes one more vulnerable to sexual sins. If you were struggling with your flesh and you start taking alcohol, you will descend into a deeper level of bondage. Verse 33 of today's reading says,
"Thine eyes shall behold strange women and thine heart shall utter perverse things."

Some Christians will build their personal houses and instead of creating a prayer room there, they will have a bar where they will stock different kinds of wines. When you try to dissuade them, even their wives will rise up in their defence. Don't be surprised to find that they are already having mistresses outside, and if care is not taken, the strange women that are now more appealing to them may drive away their legitimate wife and take over. That shall not be your portion!

The truth is, any Christian sister who allows her husband to drink alcohol is simply setting the stage for strange things to happen in her home. Is your husband saying, 'It is just a little harmless sip once in a long while', remember a little occasional sip today will become an uncontrollable gush tomorrow. Be warned! In addition, having a bar in a Christian home completely negates the ethics of godliness. It is an invitation to the spirit of liquor to have its permanent abode in that house. That house will no longer have peace! Having a bar in your home is having an altar for Satan in that home. You can be sure that the Holy Spirit will simply step aside. Believers' homes should be identified by the serenity of the place and by the provision of a prayer room for God. You should have an altar where God will meet with you daily. If you don't, convert your bar or one of your rooms into such an altar for the King of kings today!

http://earlydigest..co.uk/2013/03/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-sunday-10th.html?m=1
Surprisinly I Went through the post word for word and i see nothing wrong with what pastor Enoch Adeboye said. but for some so called atheist who claim they are "Christian"(which ofcos they are not, they are just being used by satan to discredit the church)to come online and say all sort of rubbish just goes to show who really are serving God. THE CENTRAL FOCUS IS TO WIN SOULS AND NOT ALL THIS THRASH I ALWAYS SEE WHEN I LOG ONLINE THESE DAYS.And the pastor is talking to believers NOT unbelievers. If you have not given your life to Christ DO SO NOW Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by redsun(m): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel:

absolutely, I have seen , in the past, believers who could demolish a 'basin' of eba and do not cosider it gluttony and will still comdemn those who drink wine in modetation.

In reality a glutton is someone who has no self control and it could be wine, food etc , anything done in excess.

Outrageous eating kills them more than alcohol and that is the reason most of th keep running to preacher men and women that exploits them with unidentified problems,when all they need to do is look deep into themselves and see where they have gone wrong.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel: It is evident that a majority of the churches in Nigeria preach the traditions and doctrines of MEN.

They mix truth with error and force the sheeple to swallow it hook line and sinker.

Well, news for the MOGs, time is up, the cat has been let out of the bag and the people shall be made free by Christ.

Can I have HOLY SPIRIT FILLED e-Hug PLEAAASEE cool
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by sandee575(f): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
Whatever is done in the extreme is detrimental, that a law of nature.
Drink too much and you might have health, financial and mental problems.
Pray too much and you wont have the presence of mind to face your challenges.
Give too much of offering and tithes and you wont have any money left for yourself.
Adeboye can say whatever he likes, its up to you to decipher what (common sense) it contains.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by sammmiey1: 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
RedReact:
I have some observations from your quote sir and I would like you to answer or share your view; we are all brethren.
1. You will agree with me that when a man becomes born-again, he is no longer under sin; that is, the root of sin is uprooted. This happened because God, The Father, had to sacrifice His Son, Jesus Christ, for us.
My question is that if the Holy Spirit detests alcohol, why didn't Almighty God eradicate all grapes and barleys all alcohols are made from?
2. I am sure you take the Holy Communion. In many orthodox or pentecostal churches, the wine is alcoholic (i.e, has little % of alcohol inside). Shall we call the brethren that partake of the sacrament sinners or their church as false churches?
(I am quite aware that some churches, of which I belong to, use blackcurrant beverages o, no problem at all).
3. What is alcoholism? Doesn't it relate to gluttony of wine now?

I just need your honest opinion now and God bless you as you answer.

N.B: Many of the proponents of wine-taking do not take wine at all. I am inclusive and I have many personal reasons for not doing so, so don't think I am looking for self-justification.
God is so perfect and he loves us wholeheartedly,4instance the bible states we shud not commit adultery,God knows the aftermath of dis if one engages in it,cudb STD or capital punishment.God does not make alcohol but human makes it out of what God created 2make people deviate from the right path.if people can stay away from these things they will be better off. Did God create guns and nuclear
weaponsDid God create CocaineNo e nver did..Man is
sinful in dia dealings and wen sin is allowed 2rule our hearts many evil tots wil ensue.MY 2cents
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Can I have HOLY SPIRIT FILLED e-Hug PLEASEEEEEEEE cool

Yes, and here it is , hug... cheesy
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by dupsiiee(f): 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: I once used to respect Adeboye so much but the more I read of his teachings the more I become convinced that he is a pure charlatan. Some of the thrash he wrote up there could actually inspire fights btw husband and wife becos Adeboye has implied that all men who drink are having extra marital affairs. Lots of women who can't see beyond there nose and believe every thrash Adeboye teaches would now start harassing and dis trusting their husband's based on a charlatan's twisted logic. I wonder how many homes have been destroyed due[b][/b] to false teachings as this.

be careful how you refer to a man of God! instead of speaking rashly, jst avoid speaking. jst an advice. proverbs 21: 23; James 1:26; psalm 105:15; 1chronicles 16:22;
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
dupsiiee:

be careful how you refer to a man of God! instead of speaking rashly, jst avoid speaking. jst an advice. proverbs 21: 23; James 1:26; psalm 105:15; 1chronicles 16:22;

All Christians are Men of GOD.

Are you ruled by the fear of man or the fear of GOD.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by sweetcheecks(f): 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
mekaboy: Now, 99.999% of christians opposing this message are those of us struggling with the flesh. We all know that married men struggle with temptation not to cheat on their wife, how much more when they take alcohol that will give them the push?

I pray I can cut it off entirely, when a guy drinks, the urge
for sex increases.

You could also apply your reasining to this scripture below but you do not see pastors falling all over themselves trying to stop people for praying, giving and pledging to become wealthy do they? Why not cut the money? How many Nigerians are on deathrow for selling drugs in search of money? Would these guys not have been better of doing humble jobs and having a glass of wine at home with their wives at the end of the day to relax? They would not be worrying about what and who is driving what. How many of these drug sellers get away with making this money and bring tithes, offering, gift of cars and pledges to the Pastors? Do these pastors preachagainst, rebuke and reject money and gifts bought from such wrong dealings.

When pastors are soo inmensed in their prosperity teaching and living yuppie lives, inspiring their flock to pray and seek such riches but not God and His kingdom.

1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by sweetcheecks(f): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

WINE AND ALCOHOL WAS SEPERATED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTRONOMY 14:22-26 !
''whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shall eat......Deut. 14:22-26.From this scripture,we can see the bible using wine and strong drink to tell us that they are not the same !
The bible uses them interchangeably ! The Jewish wine in itself is of grape Juice.Fresh wine just like the water Jesus turned into wine was fresh wine and can never intoxicate becos grape juice does not intoxicate but when it ferments'expect anything from it !
God HELP US

You are asumming that STRONG DRINK refers to ALCOHOL? But you have not proven that there is a verse that says, WINE would not make you drunk otherwise it would not had been said "do not be drunk with wine. Rather they would have said " do not be drunk with STRONG DRINKS? True?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by loswhite(m): 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX:

This is to my understanding the very reason why the Bible says that the letters of the Bible kills but the spirit behind the Bible gives life,(2Cor 3:6). Someone who follows simply the letters of the Bible (especially regarding this issue) could very well justify whatever he does even with scriptures to backup. The king James for instance sometimes uses the word "wine" as alcohol but in most cases it differentiates Alcoholic wines (which it calls Strong drinks) from Non-alcoholics.

Le 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Nu 6:3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, [/b]neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.[b]

De 29:6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.

Jg 13:4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Jg 13:7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.

Jg 13:14 She may not eat of any thing that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: all that I commanded her let her observe.

1Sa 1:15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

I can go on and on...

I believe any christian who understands the level of his relationship with God will not use a simple instruction given to Timothy by Paul due to his ill health at the time to undermine over 20 other contrary instructions from God. Even if one is able to justify the drinking of alcohol but for the level of debates it's generating, the love and meekness in a christian should be able to make such a one to desist from it in order not to drag the name of God to disrepute.

in 1 Cor 8:8 Paul said he has the faith to eat (drink) anything and nothing will happen neither will he feel condemned but he went further to say in 1Co 8:10 "For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat(food and drinks) in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols." In verse 13 he said " Wherefore, if meat(food and drinks) make my brother to offend (sin), I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend."

wine is also considered as unclean frm d passage u quoted so what dat tells u is strong wine has high percentage of alcohol. Fresh palm wine 4 instance has low level of alcohol but d more it ferments d more it becomes stronger in terms of alcohol
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by loswhite(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
Mintayo:

God bless you real good,i think ppl like frosbel shld read this your post,they because they always drinking 'wine'will look for a scripture to backup their sins-that is a lying spirit!

God bless you!
in d passage u quoted why was wine consider as unclean thing frm d book of jg along side with strong wine. Y do u ppl act as if u don't knw dat we have high and low percentage of alcohol
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
dupsiiee:

Sorry but going by the fruits Adeboye displays and the false doctrine he teachings[including false prophecies] i do not consider Adeboye to be a genuine man of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times / Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.