Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,537 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:07 PM

Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye (21319 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Mintayo(m): 4:31am On Mar 11, 2013
ahmedyacoob: A Message to the True Christian Believer
By Ahmed Mukhthar Yacoob
Like·Comment
John, Chapter 16, Verse 7, the only verse not yet removed from the bible that shows evidence of the coming of another Prophet, Isa (Jesus), peace be upon him, had told his people that he had to leave in order for him to send another,... ‘Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.'

According to Christian belief, it is said that Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) was referring to the ‘Holy Spirit’ when he spoke of ‘The Comforter’, but what or who is the ‘Holy Spirit’?

The Holy spirit, or as Muslims refer to it as ‘Noor’ meaning light was the first creation of the Almighty God recorded in Surah 56 Verse 62 of the 'Last TESTAMENT' and this light was so powerful that God Almighty had divided it, and He used a minute part of it to create the heavens and the worlds, He used a part of it to bring life to Adam and Eve from the dust and soil that they had been created from and the majority of it was manifested into a being, a human, a human like non other seeing as how and from what he had been created, this human as we know him is the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him), therefore when Isa (Jesus) (peace be upon him) spoke about leaving so that he could send to us the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, the light, he was referring to the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him). Jesus (peace be upon him) also mentioned the name of the Comforter whom would come, he referred to him as Ahmed, which was the name that Muhammed's (peace be upon him) mother used to call him, however this was removed from the bible because the Christians of those days didn't want to accept Muhammed (PBUH) as the last messiah as Jesus (PBUH) had prophesized, because he was from a different tribe as them, just as the Jews didn't want to accept Jesus (PBUH) as the messiah because he was from a different tribe as them.

If only the word of Christ (peace be upon him) was kept unchanged from his blessed lips then everyone would have had a better understanding.

You may wonder thou, if Jesus (PBUH) was born a Jew, then why wasn’t he accepted by the Jewish reverend.

From Abraham (peace be upon him), was born two sons, Ishmael (Ismail) and Isaac, from the linage of Isaac we get Jacob (Yacoob), David (Dawood), Solomon (Suleiman) and later on Moses (Moosa) all said to be Jewish prophets but all mentioned in the Bible (New testament) and Quraan (Last testament) and from that same linage yet distant from Moosa (peace be upon him) was born Jesus (peace be upon him), all from the linage of Isaac (peace be upon him), but due to the distant relation between Jesus and Moses the Jewish reverend was blinded in seeing the pure bloodline shared between these two blessed souls and therefore seized to accept Jesus (PBUH) as done to Muhammed by both the Christian and Jewish reverend, alas from the linage of Ismail (peace be upon him) was born Muhammed (peace be upon him)...... All three, Moses, Jesus and Muhammed, all from the same divine and pure blood line of Abraham, the father of religion, whose one true message was, worship only the One God, for it is he who has created you.

Another point to make mention of is that when Christ returns if u call out to him as Jesus Christ, he will not respond to you, because he does not know this name, he has never heard it before, Jesus (peace be upon him) was born a Jew, and the name Jesus can not be found anywhere in the Jewish dictionary, his mother named him Esau, from Jewish and Hebrew origin and this is the name of which he knows, in Islam this name is translated to Isa, also bare in mind that Jesus did not speak English hence he would have a name of Hebrew origin.

To the respected Christian believer, YES, you are right, Jesus is coming!!! …..He is coming to kill the antichrist, at which point he will RATIFY the religion of Islam (which essentially means 'PEACE' DUE TO OUR SUBMISSION TO GOD'S WILL) and the worship of the ONE true God. According to Quran (Last Testament), Jesus will descend from the skies with an Angel on either side of him in Damascus.

By- Muhammed Ebrahim
Final Edit- Ahmed Mukhthar Yacoob

To further your knowledge on Islam, Click on the link and read only 49 pages ... http://www.wattpad.com/798775-divinity-understood-from-a-mundane-perspective

be decieving yourself!
You better accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour and stop this deceit!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Mintayo(m): 4:32am On Mar 11, 2013
ahmedyacoob: A Message to the True Christian Believer
By Ahmed Mukhthar Yacoob
Like·Comment
John, Chapter 16, Verse 7, the only verse not yet removed from the bible that shows evidence of the coming of another Prophet, Isa (Jesus), peace be upon him, had told his people that he had to leave in order for him to send another,... ‘Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.'

According to Christian belief, it is said that Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) was referring to the ‘Holy Spirit’ when he spoke of ‘The Comforter’, but what or who is the ‘Holy Spirit’?

The Holy spirit, or as Muslims refer to it as ‘Noor’ meaning light was the first creation of the Almighty God recorded in Surah 56 Verse 62 of the 'Last TESTAMENT' and this light was so powerful that God Almighty had divided it, and He used a minute part of it to create the heavens and the worlds, He used a part of it to bring life to Adam and Eve from the dust and soil that they had been created from and the majority of it was manifested into a being, a human, a human like non other seeing as how and from what he had been created, this human as we know him is the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him), therefore when Isa (Jesus) (peace be upon him) spoke about leaving so that he could send to us the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, the light, he was referring to the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him). Jesus (peace be upon him) also mentioned the name of the Comforter whom would come, he referred to him as Ahmed, which was the name that Muhammed's (peace be upon him) mother used to call him, however this was removed from the bible because the Christians of those days didn't want to accept Muhammed (PBUH) as the last messiah as Jesus (PBUH) had prophesized, because he was from a different tribe as them, just as the Jews didn't want to accept Jesus (PBUH) as the messiah because he was from a different tribe as them.

If only the word of Christ (peace be upon him) was kept unchanged from his blessed lips then everyone would have had a better understanding.

You may wonder thou, if Jesus (PBUH) was born a Jew, then why wasn’t he accepted by the Jewish reverend.

From Abraham (peace be upon him), was born two sons, Ishmael (Ismail) and Isaac, from the linage of Isaac we get Jacob (Yacoob), David (Dawood), Solomon (Suleiman) and later on Moses (Moosa) all said to be Jewish prophets but all mentioned in the Bible (New testament) and Quraan (Last testament) and from that same linage yet distant from Moosa (peace be upon him) was born Jesus (peace be upon him), all from the linage of Isaac (peace be upon him), but due to the distant relation between Jesus and Moses the Jewish reverend was blinded in seeing the pure bloodline shared between these two blessed souls and therefore seized to accept Jesus (PBUH) as done to Muhammed by both the Christian and Jewish reverend, alas from the linage of Ismail (peace be upon him) was born Muhammed (peace be upon him)...... All three, Moses, Jesus and Muhammed, all from the same divine and pure blood line of Abraham, the father of religion, whose one true message was, worship only the One God, for it is he who has created you.

Another point to make mention of is that when Christ returns if u call out to him as Jesus Christ, he will not respond to you, because he does not know this name, he has never heard it before, Jesus (peace be upon him) was born a Jew, and the name Jesus can not be found anywhere in the Jewish dictionary, his mother named him Esau, from Jewish and Hebrew origin and this is the name of which he knows, in Islam this name is translated to Isa, also bare in mind that Jesus did not speak English hence he would have a name of Hebrew origin.

To the respected Christian believer, YES, you are right, Jesus is coming!!! …..He is coming to kill the antichrist, at which point he will RATIFY the religion of Islam (which essentially means 'PEACE' DUE TO OUR SUBMISSION TO GOD'S WILL) and the worship of the ONE true God. According to Quran (Last Testament), Jesus will descend from the skies with an Angel on either side of him in Damascus.

By- Muhammed Ebrahim
Final Edit- Ahmed Mukhthar Yacoob

To further your knowledge on Islam, Click on the link and read only 49 pages ... http://www.wattpad.com/798775-divinity-understood-from-a-mundane-perspective

be decieving yourself!
You better accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour and stop this deceit!
And stop twisting the Bible!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 6:39am On Mar 11, 2013
ORMORT: The bible tells us to seek knowledge in the mouth of his priest.past
Please give me the bible verse so I can check but I'll bet you what you said is in the old testament!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 6:56am On Mar 11, 2013
ahmedyacoob: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam

HOLY SEE – In a shocking press conference Sunday, Pope Benedict XVI revealed to the world that he will be stepping down from the Catholic Church’s highest office. “Through prayer and reflection over the past years,” the world’s holiest man began, “I’ve realized that Allah is the one true God.”
Amid clattering camera shutters and roaring reporters, Pope Benedict patiently answered questions, citing traditional Muslim folklore as well as passages from the Qur’an to explain his decision. His session was interrupted only once, when he swiveled South-East to face Mecca, stooped to the ground, and recited the Asr, one of the five daily prayers central to Muslim belief.
The startling reversal comes as a shock to many familiar with the Pope’s policies on Islam. “Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached,” the Bishop of the Vatican famously said of Islam in his 2006 lecture Faith, Reason and the University—Memories and Reflections.
When asked about the quote, Pope Benedict sighed with good-humored remorse and chuckled quietly to himself: “Yeah I’ve regretted that for some time. But I was young and naïve… I see things much clearer now. Besides, I’ve always kinda liked the thought of having a sword. The Cardinals were a real pain on that one.”
When asked whether he would be reverting to his born name, Pope Benedict enthusiastically interjected. “I’ve decided to change my name to Sajjad Sayyid Ratzinger,” His Ex-Holiness explained. “I’m keeping my surname purely for logistical reasons, so my Facebook friends and Twitter followers won’t be confused.”
His transition hasn’t been without opposition. Hours after the press conference, a special Fox and Friends segment aired on FOXNEWS, featuring a picture of the Pope photoshopped to include stereotypical Islāmic features, including: a turban in place of his mitre, darkened complexion, black hair, and Arabic letters spelling out an endorsement of Barack Hussein Obama tattooed across his chest. Beneath the picture, the panel discussed the possible involvement of Pope Benedict XVI, 85, in 9/11. The segment’s title, “The Holy Heathen,” emblazoned the lower left corner of the screen.
This morning, newspapers nationwide featured an editorial by Bill O’Reilly detailing the parallels between the Pope’s “betrayal of God-loving Christians everywhere” with the “betrayal of the American people and the Constitution by Benedict Arnold, his liberal agenda, and his radical left-wing entourage.”
Share !
Please where is your source? You should know that here on nairaland we don't just swallow anything hook, line and sinker without a source!

Or is this just a figment of your imagination?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 7:10am On Mar 11, 2013
joseph1832:
Please where is your source? You should know that here on nairaland we don't just swallow anything hook, line and sinker without a source!

Or is this just a figment of your imagination?

Lying to promote the cause of Islam is seen as a virtue amongst muslims, they have been busy spreading the poison he posted all over the internet. He would surely come up one blog.spot or facebook page as his source.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by true2god: 7:47am On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Sorry but going by the fruits Adeboye displays and the false doctrine he teachings[including false prophecies] i do not consider Adeboye to be a genuine man of God.
The likes of you, Frosbel, Goshem360 etc cannot stop pple frm going to church or serving God. All ur evil efforts will surely end in futility.

Keep posting rubish bro, with time God will expose ur likes. The church will keep moving on and the agents of darkness will not stop the light of God frm shining.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Lying to promote the cause of Islam is seen as a virtue amongst muslims, they have been busy spreading the poison he posted all over the internet. He would surely come up one blog.spot or facebook page as his source.
If really the Pope converted to Islam I believe he would not have been given the title of Pope Emeretus! So am still waiting for Yacoob's source.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by hardbody: 8:35am On Mar 11, 2013
Virgin Finder: The problem is that one will always want to have more of it from time to time until the person becomes a drunk.
Hence, it is better to stay away from it altogether.

Judge not others with your indisciplined life style. I guess if you are like me and work with beautiful ladies all around, you will gradually sleep with all of them until you are saturated. If drinking can make you misbehave or would stumble someone next to you, steer off, otherwise, do not rationalize that because you are morally weak and cant stand to do what is right without prompting, the rest of the people are the same way.

I remain conscious of the fact that whosoever thinks he is standing should be careful that he does not fall.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 8:45am On Mar 11, 2013
frosbel: There is no such thing as the spirit of liquor in the bible, if there is , please show me the chapter and verse.

There is no difference between a glutton and a drunkard, the key is moderation.

If you cannot control yourself , do not take alcohol. I personally take a little wine now and again, Timothy in the bible did for his stomach ailment.

As for storing liquor in the home, it is not recommended especially due to the children.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5

As for immorality, of course, this is one of the most destructive sins and to endure in it without repentance is to risk eternal damnation.
Since there is much controversy with the intake of alcohol as christians,i think we should watch out for the consequences and how grave these consequences are !
Come to think of it,if i don't take alcohol will i die ? If i don't eat will i die ?
Apart from the fact that both gluttony and drunkenness are sinful acts before God,I think i prefer to be a glutton than to be a drunk ! I am not saying this becos i don't drink(after all i have some alcoholic drinks at home as i say these words) or becos i have so much at home to eat(after all i still starve some days waiting to be paid after a job )!
In the bible,how many times were we instructed not to eat in excess and how many times were we warned against drunkenness ?
This pastor never said alcohol in itself is a sin but the things you do having taken alcohol is the bone of contention here ! He is saying that a little occasional sip today will most certainly lead to uncontrollable gush tomorrow ! There are people who are praying to be 'delivered' of drunkenness and some are busy here today defending drunkenness by saying just a sip won't harm you ! Alcohol is not food ! Once u get hooked on the table of men,u get high there and then !
Show me one who take alcohol occasionally and i will show you one who get's intoxicated,high, tipsy occasionally ! Oh ! I almost forgot, frosbel and myself m.k.o 2005 are occasional alcohol takers and at the same time occasional drunkards !
There is no long term or even short term befits as such in taking alcohol.For food,there are benefits no matter the quantity ! It all depends on the type of food ! But alcohol is alcohol !
The big difference between food(gluttony) and alcohol(drunkenness) is in what we eat ! Veggies,meat,cabs etc -for food !
Spirits,red/white wines,bear,stout,rum,whisky etc - all are alcohol and will eventually lead to drunkenness.
Over feeding = Stomach upset pending on what you took !
Drunkenness = Intoxication
What do i exhibit when restless as a result of over feeding ?
What are the characteristics of a drunkard ?
A very brief study on the effects of alcohol on the man's body !
-Hangover
-bad night sleep
-low energy
-High blood pressure
-sexual difficulty
-cancer
-liver cirrhosis
-withering of the testicles
-enlargement of the man's breast
-loss of hair on the body
-bone disease
-liver damage
-Inflamed pancreas
-irritated stomach
-type 2 diabetes
-Anxiety and depression
-Damage of the central nervous system
-Damage to the peripheral nervous system

I know some will say these are mostly scientific findings.But let us also see the popular scripture regarding alcohol intake and it's excesses !
Proverb 23:29-33
The bible say the below will be the case of the drunk !
-Woes
-sorrow
-strife
-complaints
-bruises
-bloodshot eyes
-feelings as if u have been bitten by a snake
-Feelings as if u have been poisoned
-strange sights
-Confusing imagination
-lusting after strange women
''Wine is a mocker, strong drink is a brawler: and whoever is deceived by it is not wise.Proverb 20:1
Jesus said what soever that will deter us from entering heaven should be cut off !
I have decided to quit drinking,not becos alcohol in itself is sinful but becos it will lead me to sin !
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 8:49am On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

@MKO2005

I just noticed a deliberate fraud in the way you editted and qouted that verse out of context. this very same verse you are trying to use to confuse people states clearly that one can consume wine or strong drinks it also stated that the tiths money [which you covet so much] can also be used to eat and drink alcoholic drinks. tongue it is not pure hypocrisy on your part to edit and quote the verse out of context to prove your manipulative point? I would quote the verse below for all to see and expose the fraud you tried to commit by quoting scriptures out of context.

Deuteronomy 14:26
King James Version (KJV)

26 And thou shalt bestow that money[tithe money] for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

That same verse have been quoted by at least three people here on this very thread! I only used it to show you that the bible so many times separated wine from strong drink !
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by livethinme: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Since there is much controversy with the intake of alcohol as christians,i think we should watch out for the consequences and how grave these consequences are !
Come to think of it,if i don't take alcohol will i die ? If i don't eat will i die ?
Apart from the fact that both gluttony and drunkenness are sinful acts before God,I think i prefer to be a glutton than to be a drunk ! I am not saying this becos i don't drink(after all i have some alcoholic drinks at home as i say these words) or becos i have so much at home to eat(after all i still starve some days waiting to be paid after a job )!
In the bible,how many times were we instructed not to eat in excess and how many times were we warned against drunkenness ?
This pastor never said alcohol in itself is a sin but the things you do having taken alcohol is the bone of contention here ! He is saying that a little occasional sip today will most certainly lead to uncontrollable gush tomorrow ! There are people who are praying to be 'delivered' of drunkenness and some are busy here today defending drunkenness by saying just a sip won't harm you ! Alcohol is not food ! Once u get hooked on the table of men,u get high there and then !
Show me one who take alcohol occasionally and i will show you one who get's intoxicated,high, tipsy occasionally ! Oh ! I almost forgot, frosbel and myself m.k.o 2005 are occasional alcohol takers and at the same time occasional drunkards !
There is no long term or even short term befits as such in taking alcohol.For food,there are benefits no matter the quantity ! It all depends on the type of food ! But alcohol is alcohol !
The big difference between food(gluttony) and alcohol(drunkenness) is in what we eat ! Veggies,meat,cabs etc -for food !
Spirits,red/white wines,bear,stout,rum,whisky etc - all are alcohol and will eventually lead to drunkenness.
Over feeding = Stomach upset pending on what you took !
Drunkenness = Intoxication
What do i exhibit when restless as a result of over feeding ?
What are the characteristics of a drunkard ?
A very brief study on the effects of alcohol on the man's body !
-Hangover
-bad night sleep
-low energy
-High blood pressure
-sexual difficulty
-cancer
-liver cirrhosis
-withering of the testicles
-enlargement of the man's breast
-loss of hair on the body
-bone disease
-liver damage
-Inflamed pancreas
-irritated stomach
-type 2 diabetes
-Anxiety and depression
-Damage of the central nervous system
-Damage to the peripheral nervous system

I know some will say these are mostly scientific findings.But let us also see the popular scripture regarding alcohol intake and it's excesses !
Proverb 23:29-33
The bible say the below will be the case of the drunk !
-Woes
-sorrow
-strife
-complaints
-bruises
-bloodshot eyes
-feelings as if u have been bitten by a snake
-Feelings as if u have been poisoned
-strange sights
-Confusing imagination
-lusting after strange women
''Wine is a mocker, strong drink is a brawler: and whoever is deceived by it is not wise.Proverb 20:1
Jesus said what soever that will deter us from entering heaven should be cut off !
I have decided to quit drinking,not becos alcohol in itself is sinful but becos it will lead me to sin !
God help us

Okay no problem. you are admitting that you cannot moderate your alcohol intake. But guess what? Others can
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

That same verse have been quoted by at least three people here on this very thread! I only used it to show you that the bible so many times separated wine from strong drink !
God help us

Go and study your bible again, strong drink there refers to other types of alcoholic drinks such as beer(which was also popular amongst the ancient israelites). It was not trying to suggest that the wine there was not an alcoholic beverage.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by livethinme: 9:04am On Mar 11, 2013
Bidam: shut up..you also are you nOt false..keep on spreading falsEhood and lies..it won't be long before you are exposed..MARK MY WORDS
Why dont you expose him yourself?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by livethinme: 9:06am On Mar 11, 2013
eghosarita: my dear d bible tells us to be merry with those who are merry and mourn with those mourning, God isn't against people drinking wine but He is against those whom He has called to Himself from drinking wine, remember when John's birth was proclaimed it was mentioned that he ll not taste wine,I'm very sure d bible did not state Christ drank from d wine, He only helped those who were in need,God also instructed His priest to desist from wine and the Bible also teaches me that I am a royal priesthood, and as such I belong to the family of Priest whom God has called to Himself, so based on that I do not take alcohol, its now left for you to choose u this day where you belong, do u belong to the royal priesthood of Christ or you are among the multitude. I hope this answers your question.

But wait a second. Jesus helped others drink wine, are you saying that those he helped had no chance to be called into priesthood?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 9:08am On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

LIES !!! Jewish wine is always alcoholic as there is no such think as none alcoholic wine. Strong drink as is used in that verse was referring to beer and not making a distinction btw alcoholic wine and the so called non alcoholic version and YES the wine Jesus made was alcoholic.
Kun,go ahead with what so ever you perceived to be good ! Take alcohol but try not to be drunk ! If you get drunk,you will be commiting sin. Let's forget wether wine,beer,strong drink has got alcohol in them. Just drink what ever you like but make sure u don't become a drunk !
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Go and study your bible again, strong drink there refers to other types of alcoholic drinks such as beer(which was also popular amongst the ancient israelites). It was not trying to suggest that the wine there was not an alcoholic beverage.
I want to hold on to scriptures that out rightly instructs me not to take alcohol becos i know if i take just a little today,i will continue with much tomorrow. Hold on to the one you want ! If i dnt take alcohol,i will not miss heaven.But if i continue to take,i might continue to get drunk and who knows,i might be drunk at the appearance of Christ(God forbid)What will HE tell me ?
Kun,you are right and i am still in right standing with God by HIS grace !
God bless us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 9:15am On Mar 11, 2013
livethinme:

Okay no problem. you are admitting that you cannot moderate your alcohol intake. But guess what? Others can
I can't ! For those of you who can,may God continue to see you through !
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by easytask(m): 9:22am On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun: I once used to respect Adeboye so much but the more I read of his teachings the more I become convinced that he is a pure charlatan. Some of the thrash he wrote up there could actually inspire fights btw husband and wife becos Adeboye has implied that all men who drink are having extra marital affairs. Lots of women who can't see beyond there nose and believe every thrash Adeboye teaches would now start harassing and dis trusting their husband's based on a charlatan's twisted logic. I wonder how many homes have been destroyed due to false teachings as this.

You use words on people instead of addressing issues. Why call the pastor "pure challatans" Dont forget he was addressing Christians. He never even said that it is a sin to take wine, but he said it could lead to trouble especially marrital trouble and that Some christians would prefare to build an elaborate shack bar in their House which only best feeds our unwholesome desires and pleasure but dont have a simple alter table in which to commune with God. Repent of your name calling. Address issues please
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Oludrex(m): 9:28am On Mar 11, 2013
kaytytty: na wa o when will christians ever agree with one another,some will say it is bad some will say it is not and they all bring their reference from BIBLE.so that means the BIBLE is the number one cause of confusion among the christians
Bible is Not the cause of confusion.. The main cause is this men of God turned god of Men and their HYPOCRITICAL teachings.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 9:33am On Mar 11, 2013
easytask:

You use words on people instead of addressing issues. Why call the pastor "pure challatans" Dont forget he was addressing Christians. He never even said that it is a sin to take wine, but he said it could lead to trouble especially marrital trouble and that Some christians would prefare to build an elaborate shack bar in their House which only best feeds our unwholesome desires and pleasure but dont have a simple alter table in which to commune with God. Repent of your name calling. Address issues please
Even if pastor Adeboye come out tomorrow to say Jesus is lord and HE (Jesus)is coming soon,people here will oppose him and say it's not true ! The reason is hatred and nothing more !
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2013
Oludrex:
Bible is Not the cause of confusion.. The main cause is this men of God turned god of Men and their HYPOCRITICAL teachings.
It's not the men of God or even the gods of men,it's our doctrinal and religious stands ! Most of us refuse to study the bible to know for our selves.Some of us study for the purpose of attacking those of different denomination.And some settle for the letters and not the spirits of the word itself ! Stop hating even the gods of men ! Pray for them instead.
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 11, 2013
Oludrex:

I agree !
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

It's not the men of God or even the gods of men,it's our doctrinal and religious stands ! Most of us refuse to study the bible to know for our selves.Some of us study for the purpose of attacking those of different denomination.And some settle for the letters and not the spirits of the word itself ! Stop hating even the gods of men ! Pray for them instead.
God help us

any one who has elevated himself to the position of GOD in the lives of men is at risk of eternal damnation.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by cr7lomo: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2013
Mintayo:

pls no offence,but you need to ask God for His Holy Spirit-You have a lying spirit in you!
A lying spirit will tell you what you are doing is good and even give you scriptures to back it up just as you have done!
I believe it is bcus you take wine,that is why you are saying this;samething goes for tithing too,you willl always look for a scripture to back yourself up(i have been there before)-that is the work of a lying spirit!
Pls get the book-demon possession and how to be free,you will see therein that there is a spirit behind alcohol! Because how would you explain a man that beats his wife while drunk!
Pleas what about smoking? I bet you will say it is not wrong too and we should be moderate in that too!

U urself , u confusin urself. Understand wot d guy said, he mentiond moderation so in oda words he blivs bein drunk is a sin, u said a man bits his wife cos his drunk nd dat mins he dint moderate his intake. Nw 4 tithe, wot eva a MOG does wit d tithe moni is no 1s business, its left 4 GOD 2 judge, just do ur own part nd liv d rest 4 GOD. GOD wil cont 2 bless u as u pay ur tithe nd dats d truth. Pls u guys sud stop crusifyin a MOG so dat it wunt hinder ur prayers. GOD is d only 1 dat has 2 judge, even if a MOG is judgin , liv it 4 GOD. Pls if u can xplain d smokin part as a sin also, I nid 2 undersatnd dt part
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 10:22am On Mar 11, 2013
frosbel:

any one who has elevated himself to the position of GOD in the lives of men is at risk of eternal damnation.
Hi frosbel,how are you today ? Hope you slept well last night into this morning ! May the almighty God continue to keep you and bless you in Jesus name... Amen.
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Hi frosbel,how are you today ? Hope you slept well last night into this morning ! May the almighty God continue to keep you and bless you in Jesus name... Amen.
God help us
ofcos he slept well..abi mr fros...lol
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by ESULAALU: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
Unknown Member: More hogwash...

Even Jesus' first miracle involved shayo. Even Timothy was spiritually sanctioned to pop something.

This message is yet another proof that these men of God are all just plain jokers. If only people can start reading heir bibles for themselves rather than wait for their pastors to tell it to them, then hey would truly be free from the bondage that they find themselves in.

Shet up for there!!! anofialistic cow
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by TheBlackPrince: 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
joseph1832: How come almost any thing said by this Pastor Adeboye makes front page immediately?

So many post that deserve front page are not even given any thought but when its a "Pastor" it immediately makes front page, what are the moderators moderating?!

This nonsense has to stop! Haba!

Its a daily devotional from the Open Heavens
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
TheBlackPrince:

They must be settling Seun for it to be making front page everyday as there is nothing in it that is worth reading talkless of it being front page material.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

They must be settling Seun for it to be making front page everyday as there is nothing in it that is worth reading talkless of it being front page material.

I have to agree.

If only lazy brothers and sisters read their bibles , one chapter a day with prayer and application, they will gain far far more.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
TheBlackPrince:

#

Some of it is fact and at times other aspects are fiction.

Why not read your bible , that is direct from the source of the food supply not some rehashed third hand interpretation.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
frosbel: #

Some of it is fact and at times other aspects are fiction.

Why not read your bible , that is direct from the source of the food supply not some rehashed third hand interpretation.

In short it is truth mixed with error which is even more dangerous than being served with error alone as less discerning believers would find it easy to swallow cause it has a semblance of truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.