Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye (21321 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by RedReact: 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
ayobase:

There is a difference between wine of today and wine of after today...fermentation...if it were fermented wine (alcohol) Jesus gave them, then that wedding might have taken another course...people might drunk to the level of misbehaving....no misbehaviour was reported during and after the wedding ceremony!
Somebody can take an alcoholic wine and not misbehave if taken moderately, while someone can take Eva or the likes and damage his body. The keyword is MODERATION.
Someone can take a whole bottle of wine and drink and not loose control of himself at all, while someone might just take a tablespoon of the same wine and loose control. That is why we have those non-alcoholic beverages because they can be drunken to any length without intoxicating the drinker (but damage his body), while wine can intoxicate someone.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by SBabaJ(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
joseph1832: How come almost any thing said by this Pastor Adeboye makes front page immediately?

So many post that deserve front page are not even given any thought but when its a "Pastor" it immediately makes front page, what are the moderators moderating?!

This nonsense has to stop! Haba!
To Think That A "Joseph" Will Consider The Gospel Nonsense...
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
RedReact:
You are wrong sir. ANYTHING called wine is alcoholic. All these 'non-alcoholic wines are not wines at all, but beverages.
Like some other brethren arguing for taking wines said, moderation is the key. I am also sure many of them don't drink it too based on some facts. I myself don't drink it because it tastes bitter for my liking. What is in the scripture is drunkeness. One can even get drunk with Coca-cola; this results in our body experiencing pile because it isn't taken moderately.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Unless, you didn't do chemistry in high school, you should know that wine is alcoholic, it's not even debatable. Wine is made from the fermentation of grape juice. Yeast bonds with the sugars in the juice to form ethanol/ethyl alcohol during fermentation thereby making it wine.

Wasn't it Jesus who turned water into wine in the Bible? All Adeboye is saying is hogwash, the Bible does not condemn drinking alcohol, it condemns abusing it, getting drunk and what not.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
chuksme:
If u don't like any Topic at the front page,simply jump and pass. It is not mandetary that u must enter any topic ok,
Dude I believe you can read! Was I talking about liking or not liking topics that makes front page?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
I can see those that understands sound doctrine have said the truth hence, I will not stretch this further otherwise, I would have asked a question like Jesus did and offended the religious people of his days but I know I will never get an answer without being offended. Hence, I won't bother asking this question(s) but if you think you can answer my question (my question will be from the words of Christ himself), then step forward and lemme ask my question cool
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
SBabaJ:
To Think That A "Joseph" Will Consider The Gospel Nonsense...
Mr man so Pastor Adeboye is now the gospel according to you?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
Goshen360: I can see those that understands sound doctrine have said the truth hence, I will not stretch this further otherwise, I would have asked a question like Jesus did and offended the religious people of his days but I know I will never get an answer without being offended. Hence, I won't bother asking this question(s) but if you think you can answer my question (my question will be from the words of Christ himself), then step forward and lemme ask my question cool
Please ask your questions(s)
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by SBabaJ(m): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
joseph1832:
Mr man so Pastor Adeboye is now the gospel according to you?
Kindly Draw Your Inference Objectively; His Name Popped Up Here In Connection With The Gospel.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by holyman44: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Goldenheart: sad shocked Hmmmm....what bout refrigirators?! is it a devil altar too??
U no well.....let he who have ears hear.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
SBabaJ:
Kindly Draw Your Inference Objectively; His Name Popped Up Here In Connection With The Gospel.
So does that him the gospel?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Originalsly: 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
I was against this hmmm...hypocrite's teachings being posted on front page in this forum where religious threads are not allowed....except his. I now support the postings....so that he can be exposed.Jesus turned water into wine for people to drink...the Bible also recommended drinking a little wine....now here is this MOG basically saying what Jesus did was bad. The Spirit of God will leave if the spirit of alcohol is entertained!hmmm...never know alcohol was that kind of spirit! Lol...d man had to be drinking before writing this garbage....and and drinking way pass moderation!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by SBabaJ(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2013
joseph1832:
So does that him the gospel?
What Does This Mean?
It Doesn't Make Him The Gospel Rather He's One Who Shares The Good News. Keep An Open mind, Thanks.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Mintayo(m): 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel: There is no such thing as the spirit of liquor in the bible, if there is , please show me the chapter and verse.

There is no difference between a glutton and a drunkard, the key is moderation.

If you cannot control yourself , do not take alcohol. I personally take a little wine now and again, Timothy in the bible did for his stomach ailment.

As for storing liquor in the home, it is not recommended especially due to the children.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5

As for immorality, of course, this is one of the most destructive sins and to endure in it without repentance is to risk eternal damnation.

pls no offence,but you need to ask God for His Holy Spirit-You have a lying spirit in you!
A lying spirit will tell you what you are doing is good and even give you scriptures to back it up just as you have done!
I believe it is bcus you take wine,that is why you are saying this;samething goes for tithing too,you willl always look for a scripture to back yourself up(i have been there before)-that is the work of a lying spirit!
Pls get the book-demon possession and how to be free,you will see therein that there is a spirit behind alcohol! Because how would you explain a man that beats his wife while drunk!
Pleas what about smoking? I bet you will say it is not wrong too and we should be moderate in that too!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
joseph1832:
Please ask your questions(s)

Meaning you've stepped forward to answer my question(s) right? Good! Here is it but let me warn you ahead, religious people might be offended if you truly answer according to what is said o. Here's the text question:

New Living Translation (©2007)
Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "Listen," he said, "and try to understand. It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth." Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you realize you offended the Pharisees by what you just said?" Matthew 15:10-12

Question:
Will Wine or Alcohol be also part of what GOES INTO YOUR MOUTH and yet you are NOT considered defiled or uncleaned
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
Guitarlife: but how do we explain the issue of Jesus' maiden miracle been the mirale of wine at the marriage in canaan ?
Jesus'maiden miracle bein wine goes a long way to show us that wine(fresh wine)in itself isn't bad !
The Jews in those days and even today does not lack wine(grape juice) during ceremonies especially the wedding ceremony like the one in Canaan ! But the big question should be what kind of wine did Jesus made available in 20 gallons for the people at the wedding feast ? The master of ceremony called it the good wine ! Did the bible call it an alcoholic wine ? The bible never called it an alcoholic wine but we did !
No fresh wine has got intoxicating level of alcohol in it but as fermentation takes place over hours and days in some cases,the fresh wine becomes fermented and can intoxicate like hell ! So wine has got the potential to intoxicate but fresh wine can NEVER INTOXICATE ANY ONE !
Jesus made available of fresh wine and not alcoholic intoxicating wine ! Mind you,the jews refer to all the wines both intoxicating and non intoxicating as wine but they differentiate it with 'new and old wine'. Let's see this scripture to further elaborate''whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shall eat......Deut. 14:22-26.From this scripture,we can see the bible using wine and strong drink to tell us that they are not the same !
Please note that the more a fresh wine is kept the more stronger it get's as a result of fermentation !
Besides,this pastor may be against the intake of strong drink(alcoholic drink)because he knows that God warned us against bein drunk and in some places HE GOD said we should not take it at all and there is no way you will continue to occasionally drink alcohol without you also some times bein occasionally drunk ! The only i can't get drunk and sin against God is not drinking at all ! What are the benefits of taking alcohol in any quantity ? If at all there are benefits,what are the negative conscienceless ? You can go find out for urself and see if you will stop or continue to drink and attack anyone who tries to stop you !
God help us all

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
SBabaJ:
What Does This Mean?
It Doesn't Make Him The Gospel Rather He's One Who Shares The Good News. Keep An Open mind, Thanks.
Glad you understood what I meant!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Mintayo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Originalsly: I was against this hmmm...hypocrite's teachings being posted on front page in this forum where religious threads are not allowed....except his. I now support the postings....so that he can be exposed.Jesus turned water into wine for people to drink...the Bible also recommended drinking a little wine....now here is this MOG basically saying what Jesus did was bad. The Spirit of God will leave if the spirit of alcohol is entertained!hmmm...never know alcohol was that kind of spirit! Lol...d man had to be drinking before writing this garbage....and and drinking way pass moderation!

you make think that this is funny but it is not funny at all!
You may thing that what you just posted does not matter,but God wil judge us all based on what we hear,say and do! Just note that your comment has been noted in heaven,and other nairalanders that abuses any man of God!
God is watching in 3D!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by sammmiey1: 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
I suppose wot baba is preaching is d gospel truth and if people can adhere 2it wilb worthwhile. U cn't drink alcohol and kneel down 2pray 2God or ask him of favor with ur mouth emanating alcohol,how do we want God 2grant such prayer answeredHoly spirit detest alcohol more dan somewot much less God.As a matter of fact,I was once a victim of alcoholism but I thank God 4my life that I'm now a chnged person.Nothing gladdens d heart than 2living a holy life with a circumcised heart,I pray God help us all.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PHIPEX(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
violent:

Yeah right, my neighbor's Honda accord is actually a mini-Lamborghini

There's WINE, and then there's Juice!

It can't be called Wine if it hasn't undergone fermentation, so if Jesus turned water into Wine, then he turned Water into WINE! You can't separate Alcohol from Wine.

sweetcheecks:

Are you serious? grin grin grin
If there is such a difference in wine and alcohol, why did the bible lets take the pastors verse for the topics sake;
Ephesians 5 :18 not written DO NOT GET DRUNK WITH ALCOHOL BUT WINE? Get mu point? Have you ever seen a verse that seperates the two in the bible. This the problem with some Christians try to rationalise the bible to fit their ideologies as if God made a mistake.

violent:

Yeah right, my neighbor's Honda accord is actually a mini-Lamborghini

There's WINE, and then there's Juice!

It can't be called Wine if it hasn't undergone fermentation, so if Jesus turned water into Wine, then he turned Water into WINE! You can't separate Alcohol from Wine.

This is to my understanding the very reason why the Bible says that the letters of the Bible kills but the spirit behind the Bible gives life,(2Cor 3:6). Someone who follows simply the letters of the Bible (especially regarding this issue) could very well justify whatever he does even with scriptures to backup. The king James for instance sometimes uses the word "wine" as alcohol but in most cases it differentiates Alcoholic wines (which it calls Strong drinks) from Non-alcoholics.

Le 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Nu 6:3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, [/b]neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.[b]

De 29:6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.

Jg 13:4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Jg 13:7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.

Jg 13:14 She may not eat of any thing that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: all that I commanded her let her observe.

1Sa 1:15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

I can go on and on...

I believe any christian who understands the level of his relationship with God will not use a simple instruction given to Timothy by Paul due to his ill health at the time to undermine over 20 other contrary instructions from God. Even if one is able to justify the drinking of alcohol but for the level of debates it's generating, the love and meekness in a christian should be able to make such a one to desist from it in order not to drag the name of God to disrepute.

in 1 Cor 8:8 Paul said he has the faith to eat (drink) anything and nothing will happen neither will he feel condemned but he went further to say in 1Co 8:10 "For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat(food and drinks) in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols." In verse 13 he said " Wherefore, if meat(food and drinks) make my brother to offend (sin), I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend."

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Meaning you've stepped forward to answer my question(s) right? Good! Here is it but let me warn you ahead, religious people might be offended if you truly answer according to what is said o. Here's the text question:

Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "Listen," he said, "and try to understand. It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth." Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you realize you offended the Pharisees by what you just said?" Matthew 15:10-12

Question:
Will Wine or Alcohol be also part of what GOES INTO YOUR MOUTH and yet you are NOT considered defiled or uncleaned

You already answered the question yourself! Who now a days listen to what the Gospel says?, rather they listen to the interpretations of their Pastors and call it the gospel!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Question:

Will excessive intake of alcohol bring out unclean things from me ? The answer is yes ! When the bible warned us against gluttony,did God not remember that eating means something going into us ? God knows and he gave us limits !
Excess intake of alcohol is sin ! But alcohol intake and alcohol itself isn't sin ! The point is will i take it excessively if i don't take it at all ?No !So,if i dnt take it in any amount of quantity i can never be drunk with alcohol and sin against God.
But will i take it excessively one day if it's just a little i take once in while ? YES !With alcohol,you can not say you trust urself !
So i have decided to abstain not becos alcohol is sin in itself but becos if i take it excessively it's not only that i have sinned,i will continue to sin until that one clears off !
God help us
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Zamizoni(m): 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel: There is no such thing as the spirit of liquor in the bible, if there is , please show me the chapter and verse.

There is no difference between a glutton and a drunkard, the key is moderation.

If you cannot control yourself , do not take alcohol. I personally take a little wine now and again, Timothy in the bible did for his stomach ailment.

As for storing liquor in the home, it is not recommended especially due to the children.

"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." - Philippians 4:5

As for immorality, of course, this is one of the most destructive sins and to endure in it without repentance is to risk eternal damnation.

he never said the SPIRIT OF LIQUOR was in the bible, so dont ask anyone to tell you what book or verse it is written. Also indeed moderation matters but that is where most of us exploit the GRACE given to us to receive forgiveness after committing any sin. Generally a well established child of GOD knows every thing has its own spirit, good or bad. If you wan dey use style shack, continue my bros, no one stop you, you dont need to remind anyone that timothy dey shack because him get belle discomfort. The next thing you go quote na to say its ok to have concubines because Solomon gather dem plenty.
NO BE BY FORCE DEM DEY TAKE FOLLY ADVICE ABI? ? ? ?
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Have you ever seen a verse that seperates the two in the bible.
WINE AND ALCOHOL WAS SEPERATED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTRONOMY 14:22-26 !
''whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shall eat......Deut. 14:22-26.From this scripture,we can see the bible using wine and strong drink to tell us that they are not the same !
The bible uses them interchangeably ! The Jewish wine in itself is of grape Juice.Fresh wine just like the water Jesus turned into wine was fresh wine and can never intoxicate becos grape juice does not intoxicate but when it ferments'expect anything from it !
God HELP US
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Mintayo(m): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX:

This is to my understanding is the very reason why the Bible says that the letters of the Bible kills but the spirit behind the Bible gives life,(2Cor 3:6). Someone who follows simply the letters of the Bible (especially regarding this issue) could very well justify whatever he does even with scriptures to backup. The king James for instance sometimes uses the word "wine" as alcohol but in most cases it differentiates Alcoholic wines (which it calls Strong drinks) from Non-alcoholics.

Le 10:9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Nu 6:3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, [/b]neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.[b]

De 29:6 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.

Jg 13:4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

Jg 13:7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.

Jg 13:14 She may not eat of any thing that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: all that I commanded her let her observe.

1Sa 1:15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

I can go on and on...

I believe any christian who understands the level of his relationship with God will not use a simple instruction given to Timothy by Paul due to his ill health at the time to undermine over 20 other contrary instructions from God. Even if one is able to justify the drinking of alcohol but for the level of debates it's generating, the love and meekness in a christian should be able to make such a one to desist from it in order not to drag the name of God to disrepute.

in 1 Cor 8:8 Paul said he has the faith to eat (drink) anything and nothing will happen neither will he feel condemned but he went further to say in 1Co 8:10 "For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat(food and drinks) in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols." In verse 13 he said " Wherefore, if meat(food and drinks) make my brother to offend (sin), I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend."

God bless you real good,i think ppl like frosbel shld read this your post,they because they always drinking 'wine'will look for a scripture to backup their sins-that is a lying spirit!

God bless you!
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by born2boink(m): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
Mmmm
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by RedReact: 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
samm_miey: Holy spirit detest alcohol more dan somewot much less God.As a matter of fact,I was once a victim of alcoholism but I thank God 4my life that I'm now a chnged person.Nothing gladdens d heart than 2living a holy life with a circumcised heart,I pray God help us all.
I have some observations from your quote sir and I would like you to answer or share your view; we are all brethren.
1. You will agree with me that when a man becomes born-again, he is no longer under sin; that is, the root of sin is uprooted. This happened because God, The Father, had to sacrifice His Son, Jesus Christ, for us.
My question is that if the Holy Spirit detests alcohol, why didn't Almighty God eradicate all grapes and barleys all alcohols are made from?
2. I am sure you take the Holy Communion. In many orthodox or pentecostal churches, the wine is alcoholic (i.e, has little % of alcohol inside). Shall we call the brethren that partake of the sacrament sinners or their church as false churches?
(I am quite aware that some churches, of which I belong to, use blackcurrant beverages o, no problem at all).
3. What is alcoholism? Doesn't it relate to gluttony of wine now?

I just need your honest opinion now and God bless you as you answer.

N.B: Many of the proponents of wine-taking do not take wine at all. I am inclusive and I have many personal reasons for not doing so, so don't think I am looking for self-justification.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
PHIPEX:

This is to my understanding is the very reason why the Bible says that the letters of the Bible kills but the spirit behind the Bible gives life,(2Cor 3:6). Someone who follows simply the letters of the Bible (especially regarding this issue) could very well justify whatever he does even with scriptures to backup. The king James for instance sometimes uses the word "wine" as alcohol but in most cases it differentiates Alcoholic wines (which it calls Strong drinks) from Non-alcoholics.

I can go on and on...

Your interpretation is very wrong. Strong drink as used in King's James version is used to describe beer and NOT to make a distinction btw wine and so called alcoholic wine. You may wish to get a bible concordance or check other versions of the bible to confirm what the bible means by strong drink.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by manmade(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wadosky: I come in peace,
What if the wine Jesus made was just a fruit juice or non alcoholic beverage like eva wine?
bible didn't tell us dat,
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
doofanc: This alcohol issue has been debated severally here, and like that of tithing, remains as divisive as ever. I won't be suprised if this thread, within d next few days, stretches to over 10 pages.

D pendants will insist that d consumption of just a single drop of alcohol is sinful. A christian who finds himself craving alcohol should check himself, they would add.

Others, like Frosbel above would say its about moderation.

And the debate continues. . .

I'm well aware that RCCG is uncompromisingly against alcohol drinking in whatever quantity or form, but you may notice Adeboye didn't condem it's consumption outright; his emphasis is that it always leads to something more severe, usually like sex.ual sins.

doofanc: This alcohol issue has been debated severally here, and like that of tithing, remains as divisive as ever. I won't be suprised if this thread, within d next few days, stretches to over 10 pages.

D pendants will insist that d consumption of just a single drop of alcohol is sinful. A christian who finds himself craving alcohol should check himself, they would add.

I'm well aware that RCCG is uncompromisingly against alcohol drinking in whatever quantity or form, but you may notice Adeboye didn't condem it's consumption outright; his emphasis is that it always leads to something more severe, usually like sex.ual sins.

Nna, e don de pass 2 pages de go
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

''whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shall eat......Deut. 14:22-26.From this scripture,we can see the bible using wine and strong drink to tell us that they are not the same !
The bible uses them interchangeably ! The Jewish wine in itself is of grape Juice.Fresh wine just like the water Jesus turned into wine was fresh wine and can never intoxicate becos grape juice does not intoxicate but when it ferments'expect anything from it !
God HELP US

LIES !!! Jewish wine is always alcoholic as there is no such think as none alcoholic wine. Strong drink as is used in that verse was referring to beer and not making a distinction btw alcoholic wine and the so called non alcoholic version and YES the wine Jesus made was alcoholic.
Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God HELP US

You see, this is what I was talking about. If indeed it is used interchangeably, how then do you know when it is the unfermented(if there's anything like that), or the fermented one, supposedly the strong drink, according to you?

Consider:

Gen 9:21 And Noah began [to be] an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: 21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

Gen 19:33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose

According to you, the Bible would have made it clear that it was 'strong drink' and wine in each of cases above

1 Like

Re: Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Luke 7:33
33 For John the Baptist is come eating no bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a demon.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold, a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Above are the words of Jesus himself where he stated clearly that he regularly consumes wine to the extent that some hypocrites like we have here on NL accused him of being a winebibber some other bible versions even use the word drunkard. Clearly if it was just grape Juice Jesus was drinking no one would call him a winebibber.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Daddy Freeze Deserves An Award / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times / Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.