Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,473 members, 7,968,315 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:41 AM

Nba Playoffs 08-predictions - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Playoffs 08-predictions (8959 Views)

NBA Playoffs/championship / NFL Playoffs are Here. / Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Jesoul

LMAO!!! but hey im just saying the truth. The Detroit Pistons were just like the Celtics. They came to the playoffs hungry and ended up eating the whole buffet. but what happened seasons after, they were lucky to even get a plate.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2008
I hear you about Detriot BUT both teams have entirely different guys with entirely different characters and motivations.
And Detroit was no where as hungry as KG, Allen and Paul were for a championship, these group of guys are not a one-n-done team, they have young guys to keep things excited such as Rondo, Perk, Powe etc unlike Detroit that bored us to death with their seemingly senior citizen roster.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2008
the only hope i have is that maybe the Houston Rockets will come and bring home the championship to its rightful place. im very confident in the team this year. if a team like celtics can, then any thing is possible.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2008
onyinye2:

the only hope i have is that maybe the Houston Rockets will come and bring home the championship to its rightful place. im very confident in the team this year. if a team like celtics can, then any thing is possible.
hehe which kin rightful place? lol cheesy
I don't recall any momentum changing moves Houston has made since the season ended . . . especially out west where there is so much parity. They made a speedy exit last playoffs, so I'm just wondering whats inspiring your confidence in their chances next season? smiley abi na "skip to my lou"? una dey trust in?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2008
JeSoul:

hehe which kin rightful place? lol cheesy
I don't recall any momentum changing moves Houston has made since the season ended . . . especially out west where there is so much parity. They made a speedy exit last playoffs, so I'm just wondering whats inspiring your confidence in their chances next season? smiley abi na "skip to my lou"? una dey trust in?

just because the Celtics won the chapionship doesn't mean they are gonna win the next time.

Look out for the CAVS!!!Its time for some Revenge!!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2008
na wetin now? just because I'm challenging my sista Onyi to break it down for me doesn't mean I'm prophesying the C's will repeat, though many of us will not mind at all at all.  smiley

I'm just wondering what the justifiable reason is to assert that the Cavs or the Rockets will win big next yr? when neither team has made any significant moves to improve their roster? no be by magic them dey take win trophy, trades, acquistions have to be made.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2008
Hell will freeze over if the C's repeat.

First, Ray Ray, despite his talent, always played with a chip on his shoulder.
Will he show the same level of commitment to the cause like he did this past season.

Same goes for KG. Defence wins championships, but defence also wears on you faster than offence
This guy's basketball age is early thirties. I suspect he is really in his forties. Its an uphill task for such old bones.

Paul Pierce. Him, he might decide to give it up for that hollywood gig. He prolly fancies himself to feature in Godfather 4.
Bloody chap has mafia voice.

As for the rest. . . . . . . there is a reason why they are called the rest.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2008
doyin13:

Hell will freeze over if the C's repeat.

First, Ray Ray, despite his talent, always played with a chip on his shoulder.
Will he show the same level of commitment to the cause like he did this past season.

Same goes for KG. Defence wins championships, but defence also wears on you faster than offence
This guy's basketball age is early thirties. I suspect he is really in his forties. Its an uphill task for such old bones.

Paul Pierce. Him, he might decide to give it up for that hollywood gig. He prolly fancies himself to feature in Godfather 4.
Bloody chap has mafia voice.

As for the rest. . . . . . . there is a reason why they are called the rest.

I have just one thing to say Doyin, dam Brits, it is spelt DEFENSE   tongue  grin

Actually I have more to say . . . all your points are based on speculation, supposition, assumption and my favorite, haterication  grin. Like it or not the Big-three will be back with force and prob even more fire in their so-called old bones.
  Allen is a military kid, if anyone in the nba is disciplined n committed, its him
  KG's heart n fire was there when he was losing in MN, do you know think it will fade now he's a winner?
  As for Paul Pierce, hearing is in the ears of the hearer, abeg lef am, no be im fault his voice is horsed out  cheesy

and by the rest you mean Rondo who wowed the nba with how mature he played? or Powe who singlehandedly defeated LA in game 2? or Perkins with the double doubles? etc . . .our "rest" is pretty dismal ain't it?  cool
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2008
JeSoul:

I have just one thing to say Doyin, dam Brits, it is spelt DEFENSE tongue grin

Actually I have more to say . . . all your points are based on speculation, supposition, assumption and my favorite, haterication grin. Like it or not the Big-three will be back with force and prob even more fire in their so-called old bones.
Allen is a military kid, if anyone in the nba is disciplined n committed, its him
KG's heart n fire was there when he was losing in MN, do you know think it will fade now he's a winner?
As for Paul Pierce, hearing is in the ears of the hearer, abeg lef am, no be im fault his voice is horsed out cheesy

and by the rest you mean Rondo who wowed the nba with how mature he played? or Powe who singlehandedly defeated LA in game 2? or Perkins with the double doubles? etc . . .our "rest" is dismal ain't it? cool

I will just chip in a little " WATCH OUT FOR THE LAKERS" Bynum is coming back
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

I will just chip in a little " WATCH OUT FOR THE LAKERS" Bynum is coming back
hmm don't remind me oh . . . he's one player I actually like and want to see how he'll develop over the next few years. He was playing real great up till the time he got injured.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2008
Jesoul. . .I will have you knw my analytical skills are so in demand, even the [b]Gombe Enquire[/b]r has
enquired about my availability. . . . . cheesy cheesy grin

And look at you, trying to teach English man English. tongue
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2008
taking nothing away from the Celtics ( i wanted them to win, but i just wanted laker to win more). I think the series would have been better, and more interesting if Bynum was in it. By interesting and better I mean lakers winning sho mo. grin.
Gawd never seen someone muscled out that easily in my life. Newflash: Gasol go pump some weights.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 12:11am On Jul 08, 2008
JeSoul:

na wetin now? just because I'm challenging my sista Onyi to break it down for me doesn't mean I'm prophesying the C's will repeat, though many of us will not mind at all at all. smiley

I'm just wondering what the justifiable reason is to assert that the Cavs or the Rockets will win big next yr? when neither team has made any significant moves to improve their roster? no be by magic them dey take win trophy, trades, acquistions have to be made.

We dont need to improve nothing. LeBron is gonna be on fire next season. I can feel it. LeBron never fails to surprise me. We just need to get rid of that Ben Wallace. No need to waste money.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2008
SeanT21:

We don't need to improve nothing. LeBron is going to be on fire next season. I can feel it. LeBron never fails to surprise me. We just need to get rid of that Ben Wallace. No need to waste money.

Me sef I can feel another Celtic Championship too cool
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
JeSoul:

Me sef I can feel another Celtic Championship too cool

Yeah, but you are going to have to wait another 24 years for that to happen
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2008
doyin13:

JesoulI will have you knw my analytical skills are so in demand, even the [b]Gombe Enquire[/b]r has
enquired about my availability. . . . . cheesy cheesy grin
  lol, hehe at least Gombe still be place.  grin
Me I'm looking for the next open GM position, preferably in NY or GS, since the standards and requirements are really low over there. cool

And look at you, trying to teach English man English. tongue
you know wetin worse pass? English man wey no sabi im own english! cool
    kiss nah I'm just sweating you boy, n trying to get back at you for this back on the tennis thread:
and you americans should learn how to spell jo. . . .It is colour not color
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye2:

Yeah, but you are going to have to wait another 24 years for that to happen
angry angry I come against that and return to sender! cheesy grin

You still haven't said why u think the Rockets will make some noise next yr? smiley SeanT is basing hers on "a feeling", whattabout chu?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
JeSoul:

angry angry I come against that and return to sender! cheesy grin

You still haven't said why u think the Rockets will make some noise next yr? smiley SeanT is basing hers on "a feeling", whattabout chu?

They Rockets saw what they could do if they work as a team and play smart. i mean that winning streak is just the tip of the ice berg for the Rockets. Seeing in what they can do, will bring them back confident and hungry then ever. And the next you know, they win the play offs and we be the one on the streets parading around with the championship trophy in its rightful home.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye2:

They Rockets saw what they could do if they work as a team and play smart. i mean that winning streak is just the tip of the ice berg for the Rockets.

Did you mean to write "top" of the iceberg? cool j/k
True the 22-game streak was impressive, but that's the reg season, nobody remembers what you do in the reg season, it's the playoffs that count and we all know that T-Mac has not been able to get out of the 1st rd in his career. Why should we expect anything different next yr? especially since they haven't added any significant players to help him n Yao? plus Tracy is an old man with all those back problems and injuries . . . he misses too many games and the door to success is closing very fast as he ages.

I hear you about hunger and desire, but if that was all that is needed to win big in the nba then Iverson would have 10 rings by now.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2008
JeSoul:

Did you mean to write "top" of the iceberg? cool j/k
True the 22-game streak was impressive, but that's the reg season, nobody remembers what you do in the reg season, it's the playoffs that count and we all know that T-Mac has not been able to get out of the 1st rd in his career. Why should we expect anything different next yr? especially since they haven't added any significant players to help him n Yao? plus Tracy is an old man with all those back problems and injuries . . . he misses too many games and the door to success is closing very fast as he ages.

I hear you about hunger and desire, but if that was all that is needed to win big in the nba then Iverson would have 10 rings by now.

hey you gotta to have hope. if a team like the celtics which i must remind wasn't seen as a very good team before is now one of the top. . . for now. Yes i understand that T-Mac has alot to prove but i know they gonna get atleast past first round this upcoming season. Old man?? come on now.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2008
onyinye2:

hey you gotta to have hope. if a team like the celtics which i must remind wasn't seen as a very good team before is now one of the top. . . for now.
  yeah you're right, you def gotta have hope. Last season was a low point and an embarrasement to all Celtic fans - 18-game losing streak?! You're right jare, anything can happen in the nba. Even the lakers were predicted to miss the playoffs and look where they ended. I still think though it takes the departure of some players but more importantly the arrival of key players that'll help put the team over that proverbial "hump".

Yes i understand that T-Mac has alot to prove but i know they going to get at least past first round this upcoming season. Old man?? come on now.
  yes oh, he's an old man in basketball years. Isn't he like 28/29 or something? Even Kobe has approx 5yrs left of basketball. The young guns like Lebron, Howard, Paul are the new faces of the league.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by millco88(f): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2008

The next generation
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Jesoul
I think you guys should enjoy your reign now and not think too much about next season you guys still look strong and compared to Miami your roster is not filled with Senior Citizens

As for the Rockets please let them go past the first round first

@SeanT21
Lebron has always been on fire its his team mates that have let him down simply put Lebron cant do it all alone if only they had another player that was half as good as he is i watched game 7 against the Celts and i was almost crying for Lebron it was like one man against 5
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
I think you guys should enjoy your reign now and not think too much about next season you guys still look strong and compared to Miami your roster is not filled with Senior Citizens

As for the Rockets please let them go past the first round first

At least the Rockets are a storied franchise. . . .with the championship wins in their history. Wish I could say the same thing about the Mavs tongue

What do you mean Celtics are not senior citizens. . . . .Their three biggest players look as rickety as those ''NO KING AS GOD'' buses grin

@Jesoul

See oo. I no knw say you dey petty like this

Out of the charity of my heart, I decided to help you with my literary skills,
what do I get in return a cheap shot.

God dey sha

cheesy grin
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2008
@doyin13
Na you sabi leave my Mavs for me grin how many rings have they won by the way? What would the likes of the Celtics the Lakers and the Bulls say so cos of 2 miserable rings we wont hear word abi?

The only senior citizen in their team was P.J Brown (i am happy he got a ring played too many playoff games without winning one.Eddie Jones over to you) compare that to Miami that had Antoine Walker,Gary Payton, Shaq, Alonzo Mourning,Jason Williams Shawn Kemp John Stockton
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2008
doyin13:

@Jesoul

See oo. I no knw say you dey petty like this

Out of the charity of my heart, I decided to help you with my literary skills,
what do I get in return a cheap shot.

God dey sha

cheesy grin
   no mind me jare, I just couldn't resist, the opportunity was tempting me and I fell for it grin. But you know say wetin you do go come right back to you now smiley.

A-40:

@doyin13
Na you sabi leave my Mavs for me grin how many rings have they won by the way? What would the likes of the Celtics the Lakers and the Bulls say so because of 2 miserable rings we wont hear word abi?
  lol, una no go kill me with laff. Take heart my brotha, you sef go one day attend parade for downtown Dallas- say amen, _____ smiley

The only senior citizen in their team was P.J Brown (i am happy he got a ring played too many playoff games without winning one.Eddie Jones over to you) compare that to Miami that had Antoine Walker,Gary Payton, Shaq, Alonzo Mourning,Jason Williams Shawn Kemp John Stockton
  Abeg tell him oh! Celtics will be around in force for at least a couple more years, in spite of them haters cool.
That Miami team was just sad, the way they fell into oblivion after a championship was spectacular- for all the wrong reasons.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Jesoul
Amen ooh i wouldnt miss that for anything!! Compared to Miami you guys are doing slightly better and if you can maintain the same commitment you had last year yall would still be favorites but then again you never know which team might come up next year lets be on the look out for the trades first
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Amen ooh i wouldnt miss that for anything!! Compared to Miami you guys are doing slightly better and if you can maintain the same commitment you had last year yall would still be favorites but then again you never know which team might come up next year lets be on the look out for the trades first

Dallas have more chances of winning a ring with Aikman and Irvin in their backcourt than their present guards cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2008
@doyin
Whether with Pacman Jones and Tony Romo or with Jason Kidd and Jason Terry we are winning that ring sooner than you think
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2008
Is anyone watching the WNBA!! I just can not get myself to watch those females play ball!!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 12:47am On Jul 18, 2008
ah ah SeanT why are you dissing the sistas now?
anyways I don't watch becos 1. it is not shown on a consistent basis on tv so its hard to develop n hold intrest
2. and becos boston/NE does not have a team . . . yet smiley
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2008
Never really had too much interest in the WNBA the basketball is not exactly top-notch (pardon me sistas) a few good players here and there Swin Cash,Cheryl Swoopes but its never really caught my attention

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make 10000 With 1000 With Just Five Bet / No Red Card Betting Tips (the New Goldmine) / Free Daily 2 Odds For 1 Million (100% Sure) - Sports - Banned

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.