Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,499 members, 7,937,439 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Nba Playoffs 08-predictions - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Playoffs 08-predictions (8916 Views)

NBA Playoffs/championship / NFL Playoffs are Here. / Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Lol.What would attract any American to Yao's style? Its definitely the Chinese and you know David Stern does not play with them International fans especially China which is a humongous market
  That is the NBA and Stern and Bill walton's fascination with Yao - the market that he draws! and no doubt its a big one that is very good for the NBA as a wholenow if only he can elevate his game. Remember how he was supposed to be the great rival to Shaq and win a championship in max 2yrs?

@doyin13
You must be kidding me!!
Where do you put Camby? Dwight Howard don't even get me started man
Don't mind Doyin, he loves to play devil's advocate smiley right Doyin? don't you love it?

doyin13:

Dwight Howard will be better than Yao Ming eventually, but his offensive skills need a lot
of polishing. His hook shot is just ugly and for someone whose upper body is built like a
Minotaur, his lower body is weak, as Jason Maxiell of the Pistons called out.
  but if anyone had a choice between picking Howard or Yao for their team right now, who do you think will win?  cheesy

NB, . . .If Yao Ming had been in the playoffs, the Rockets would be champions.

I know you love to joke around Doyin so I'll assume you were just joking with the above statement.  cool

Yao has steadily improved his numbers, and he may have even been even better apart from injuries BUT he has no aggressiveness- you cannot teach that, you either have it or not. He's not as fast as some other centers in the west ie Amare and Chandler. And na so so petty fouls he commits all the time, Stoudemire and Chandler will eat him for breakfast  cheesy
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2008
Stoudemire is such a great centre, Steve kerr had to go find a crumbling Shaq
so he could be moved to power forward. Even Amare knows he aint no centre.

As for Chandler- -- - --na so so alley oop we go chop. averaging no greater than 10 points per
game isn't going to hack it babe.

I did admit there is greater upside to Howards game, but right now, the NBA is MING-ING cheesy
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2008
doyin13:

Stoudemire is such a great centre, Steve kerr had to go find a crumbling Shaq
so he could be moved to power forward. Even Amare knows he aint no centre.
Stevie made a reflex desperation move in response to LA scooping up Gasol. He shoulda left Amare squarely in the middle, he did very well in there and I'd still pick fury over softie cool

As for Chandler- -- - --na so so alley oop we go chop. averaging no greater than 10 points per
game isn't going to hack it babe.
na alley oop oh! Before the defense even has the time to set, before they know wetin happen Paul has already lobbed to Tyson and netted 2 pts and its back down the floor. Why else did they drive in at #2 in the west?

I did admit there is greater upside to Howards game, but right now, the NBA is MING-ING cheesy
Indeed it is! Stern drools over him along with Bill Walton all the time, but I no think say I go join that parade, I like my basketball aggresive and relentless and most of all furious! cool
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2008
I see you are putting a spin on Stoudemire's move to power forward.
Its well known around the league Amare was lazy especially on the glass and
he hated to mix it with Tim Duncan.

Nothing worse than a lazy player my dear.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2008
@doyin13
Dwight Howard is already better than Yao Ming and Steve Kerr is a copy cat even Stevie Wonder would have seen that Shaq was past his prime the Lakers where able to scam the Grizz by giving them one of the worst players in the game Kwame Brown for their best player Pau Gasol and Kerr got insecure and made a dumb move.There are very few players that enjoy mixing it with Duncan trust me
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 2:46am On Jun 30, 2008
okay, some love yao and some dont.

Lets talk about the olympics. I think the US can win if the players stop being too self-indulgent and play as a team.

Lebron James is the only person that is not selfish on the rooster.

If they play together, we can bring back the gold.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2008
doyin13:

I see you are putting a spin on Stoudemire's move to power forward.
Its well known around the league Amare was lazy especially on the glass and
he hated to mix it with Tim Duncan.

Nothing worse than a lazy player my dear.

Spin ke? I live in the no-spin zone cool. Perhaps Amare has his shortcomings, I will still pick him over Yao to play center, 24-7,365, and I know YOU would too!

SeanT21:

okay, some love yao and some don't.

Lets talk about the olympics. I think the US can win if the players stop being too self-indulgent and play as a team.

Lebron James is the only person that is not selfish on the rooster.

If they play together, we can bring back the gold.

ah ah how you fit say that?
Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Michael Redd, Dwyane Wade, Carlos Boozer, Chris Bosh, Tayshaun Prince, Dwight Howard

I have not known any of the above fellas to possess the undesirable trait of selfishness. I'm not well acquianted with the make-up of the other intl' teams so I can't say how well usa matches up. Lets see after a game or two during the games. But it does seem like they're stressing team play- which is what wins. We'll see.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2008
My people have this saying: Overskill na im kill Ninja.That team is just too loaded how those egos would melt in the same pot will definitely be a sight for sore eyes i fancy Spain and Argentina though those guys seem to have more team chemistry
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2008
You know I don't think so.

I think this set of guys have had it beat into their brains that this will be a team effort. Coach K is also someone that is highly respected and they WILL listen to him - that makes a big difference. Besides, most of the fellas on the roster are okay guys character-wise - Bosh, Howard, Paul, those are good guys, their teammates love and speak well of them.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Jesoul
Hmm this is not Atlanta 96 or Barcelona 92 most teams have woken up and those European guys are good too i watch Euro league basketball and i know what i am talking about besides most of those Europeans are in the Nba so the gap is pretty close as we saw in the last Olympics and World Championships.USA is still favorite but they dont have to be complacent
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Hmm this is not Atlanta 96 or Barcelona 92 most teams have woken up and those European guys are good too i watch Euro league basketball and i know what i am talking about besides most of those Europeans are in the Nba so the gap is pretty close as we saw in the last Olympics and World Championships.USA is still favorite but they don't have to be complacent
Well you're right about the gap being much closer than the dream yrs. I know def the competition will be stiffer than yrs past but what I don't think is that egos will flare and get in the way. I think the leadership has succeeded in instilling the team-play, for the greater good concept in them.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2008
Well there is only way to find out Mademoiselle and thats when the competition proper starts
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2008
Una go fear fear. . . .

My pick for the Olympic title is Angola. grin grin grin
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2008
doyin13:

Una go fear fear. . . .

LOL. . . Angola for where? they will win when I am the queen of England. grin

A-40:

Well there is only way to find out Mademoiselle and thats when the competition proper starts

sure thing Monsieur! wink I don't think they'll be able to hold their heads up if they return with anything less than gold.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 8:11pm On Jul 01, 2008
doyin13:

Una go fear fear. . . .

Haa this is getting interesting

@Jesoul
It will be embarassing,2004,2006 if USA dont win this then its official that they dont rule basketball no more
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2008
A-40:

Haa this is getting interesting

@Jesoul
It will be embarassing,2004,2006 if USA don't win this then its official that they don't rule basketball no more
indeed it will be. . . especially after all this team talk and "time to reclaim" basketball etc. . . they will just return silently at night in shame.
Btw did u hear MarK Cuban a while ago saying the nobody cares about the olympics and that the players do it for the money? I would like to think they do it for pride.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by chiogo(f): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2008
And the Boston Celtics won!! Yay!! Lolz, y didn't I see this topic earlier??. Anywayz, am so happy 4 Celtics, I love my city! And Rajon Rondo tongue
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 3:14am On Jul 03, 2008
JeSoul:

indeed it will be. . . especially after all this team talk and "time to reclaim" basketball etc. . . they will just return silently at night in shame.
Btw did u hear MarK Cuban a while ago saying the nobody cares about the olympics and that the players do it for the money? I would like to think they do it for pride.

That is exactly what i am trying to say. I am pretty sure those players dont give a damn about winning the gold. They just want to overthrow each other on the court,get the paper and leave.

chiogo:

And the Boston Celtics won!! Yay!! Lolz, y didn't I see this topic earlier??. Anywayz, am so happy 4 Celtics, I love my city! And Rajon Rondo tongue

Congrats. Where U at the parade?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2008
chiogo:

LOL you are indeed late smiley. But no worries, I held it down for beantown! World Champion Celtics!!! gosh that sounds good grin

SeanT21:

That is exactly what i am trying to say. I am pretty sure those players don't give a damn about winning the gold. They just want to overthrow each other on the court,get the paper and leave.
Well actually I meant the "good" kind of pride smiley. Maybe not all of them as in it for the good of the country, but there's a couple of guys there I think have their hearts in the right place.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Jesoul
I guess its the mindset of the players because back in the day Barcelona 92 to be precise that team was untouchable i mean look at the greats in that Line-up they would have whooped Earth Wind and Fire out of the butts of the Globetrotters i kinda agree with Cuban its more about the money these days no one really cares about being an Olympian
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2008
The only thing that has derailed the American game in recent seasons
is the decline in shooting ability.

The Vince Carter era of players valued jumping over a Seven Footer than shooting
from beyond the arc. This team has been having trouble in International competitions
since Sydney 2000, where they scraped into the final with a two point victory over the
Lithuanian team.

There seems to be an ongoing evolution in the NBA'S skillsl orientation. Shooters are almost as appreciated
as athletic specimens.

There is still a long way to go though. The way Dwight Howard was throwing bricks in the name of a hook shot
might have convinced Hakeem he might have a chance to earn some more dollars.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by chiogo(f): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2008
SeanT21:

Congrats. Where You at the parade?
No, i wasn't. sad

JeSoul:

LOL you are indeed late smiley. But no worries, I held it down for beantown! World Champion Celtics!!! gosh that sounds good grin
I see you held it down for real!! cheesy It sure feels good. Now Kobe should stop being over-rated. haha.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by Novacaine(m): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2008
I knew the Celts would win they just seemed hungrier and where more ready to push it to the limit than the Lakers i am really looking forward to the Olympics
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2008
ahhh the celtics had their fun this season but they will probably be like the Detroit Pistons and get all cocky because the beat the Lakers. and end up losing from now on.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by Novacaine(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2008
@onyinye
Lets all wait and see i dont see any cockiness in those Celts all i see is hunger and determination
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2008
you dont see it now but when the season starts, watch them go around thinking they the best but just like the Pistons, reality will cross over them on the court.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by chiogo(f): 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2008
Damn! Onyinye2, don't be a hater now! Sometimes feeling like you're the best makes you get to the top. You damn right, we the best. Go Celtics go! tongue
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 4:40am On Jul 07, 2008
chiogo:

Damn! Onyinye2, don't be a hater now! Sometimes feeling like you're the best makes you get to the top. You damn right, we the best. Go Celtics go! tongue

Watch the CAVS run over yall next season.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2008
SeanT21:

The cavs aint nothing. even in the NBA draft they really didnt pick to many players who fit their team.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2008
onyinye2:

you don't see it now but when the season starts, watch them go around thinking they the best but just like the Pistons, reality will cross over them on the court.

news flash sista, the Celtics are the best team in the NBA! - did you not see them just win the title?  grin
 And whats so wrong with a team playing with confidence based on the fact they're the defending champions? They probably will not win as many games as last season but they will be the team to beat - like it or not!  cool  GOOO WORLD CHAMPION CELTICS!!! hehe

SeanT21:

The same Cavs that have not made any significant postseason moves to better their squad? There are other up'n'coming teams in the east, that's why it'll not be a cakewalk for the so-called elite eastern conf. teams next season.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Jesoul

the celtics are the best team. . . for now. but next season watch them have the record of the Chicago Bulls.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2008
Chicago bulls ke? nah there's no way on earth that will happen grin . . . except KG, Allen and Pierce all get season long injuries cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet The New Real Madrid Star ‘mateo Kovacic’ Girlfriend – She’s So Pretty!! / 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea / Jonathan Akpoborie Writes Tribute To Sebastian Brodericks-Imasuen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.