Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,978 members, 7,903,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nba Playoffs 08-predictions - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Playoffs 08-predictions (8860 Views)

NBA Playoffs/championship / NFL Playoffs are Here. / Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 8:29pm On May 24, 2008
Two down, two to go.  The circus surrounding the lakers comeback in game one was 'krazy' I tell you.  Aww, the spurs. The apocalypse of squandering a 20-point lead, especially late in the third quarter.  Almost everybody and their grandmother was digging up excuses to defend the Duncan brigades -- oh they were tired, the plane ride was exhausting, they had to sleep on the plane, they had little energy.  What nonsense! There was no denying the lakers.  Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and the rest of the mamba-mafia, including the mamba himself sucked out the limited juice of life left in the spurs in game two.  Following the classic comeback that was game 1, the lakers managed to juggle up an encore.  This time, not even the most ardent Spurs fan could down play the most emphatic of all victories.  The lakers owned game two.  The bells of victory rang  heavily through the city of Los-Angeles.  They can feel it running through their veins.  This is what they have played for all year long. . . a chance, just a chance to stamp their names among the game's greatest, a chance for Kobe8 the great to solidify his legacy as an icon, a legend, a force on par with Michael Jordan.  This team of spartans is on a mission, and right now there's a tiny obstacle in the way.  A tiny obstacle stands in the way and we must destroy it.  We can smell the roses of triumph! Victory! We march on in our quest to become NBA Champions 2008! Go Lakers, go go go go go!!!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 6:22am On May 26, 2008
Lost one today. Gotta right the ship on tuesday, oi oi oi
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:38pm On May 27, 2008
The lakers are out. start crying.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by joeycrack: 10:38am On May 28, 2008
yeah, one more to go, dat Barry Shot took sum minutes of my life. LAKERZ RULE
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 12:48pm On May 28, 2008
that foul by Fisher was so blatant, it was unreal. But I give the Spurs props for being big about it.

My hatred for them has diminished a little for that reason. But I still want the Lakers to finish the job.

By the way folks, you 'd better enjoy the Western Conference finals. It will get so much worse in the NBA finals
if the Eastern Conference series is anything to go by.

The Celtics and Pistons play butt ugly basketball. So ugly they might scare the Western conference champion
away for a victory.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2008
Yes ooh Lakers are almost there just one more win and my man Kobe has a chance to cop his 4th ring

@doyin
That Boston and Pistons series is something else the Eastern Conference is almost like the Serie A too much emphasis on D.I trust these Lakers though they would be up for revenger against whoever they face.On the Barry foul yesterday all i can say is what goes around comes around i can clearly remember last years conference finals against Utah when Ginobili was flopping all over the place how about Bowen's flagrant on Nash last season that got Amare suspended.The Spurs are cheats and only got served their bull
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 2:39pm On May 29, 2008
doyin13:

that foul by Fisher was so blatant, it was unreal. But I give the Spurs props for being big about it.
I agree it was a foul but Barry did not sell it enuff at all. He shoulda jumped straight up into Fisher instead of moving to the side- that was boneheaded.

By the way folks, you 'd better enjoy the Western Conference finals. [b]It will get so much worse in the NBA finals[/b]if the Eastern Conference series is anything to go by.
hehe you already know it. It will be a griiiinnnnd.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 2:42pm On May 29, 2008
A-40:

@doyin
That Boston and Pistons series is something else the Eastern Conference is almost like the Serie A[b] too much emphasis on D[/b].I trust these Lakers though they would be up for revenger against whoever they face.
  and that is why the title will come to the East Coast this yr! grin Be it Motown or Beantown.
If the west boys do not step up n play grind out D like this, they will not have any chance.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2008
@Je-soul
Ray Allen was on fire last night 5 3 pointers? thats amazing.The West will prevail this time you would see
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:36pm On May 29, 2008
@Je-soul
Ray Allen was on fire last night 5 3 pointers? thats amazing.The West will prevail this time you would see
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 10:33pm On May 29, 2008
Lakers aint winning shit, Kobe is a joke.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 4:47am On May 30, 2008
HAHAHAH!!! What did I tell y'all haters! Go Lakers 1!!!! NBA FINALS BABYYYYYYY!!!!

Told you! Told you! Told you! If you gonna be a fanatic be a fanatic! common sense doesn't enter into fanaticism baby!
True laker fans know what it is!!! defend your squad till you perish! YEA WOT !!!!!!! WOT WOT WOT!!!!!

GOOOOOOOO LAKERS! See you all at the start of the NBA FINALS! GO KOBE!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 4:49am On May 30, 2008

It was a blatant foul, yeah so what?
Lakers should have had the ball back with the spurs in position to foul because fisher's shot hit the rim.  The shot clock didn't reset.

On the final posession, right before the foul, Brent Barry travelllllllllllleeeed!

why do you butt-sore haters always have something to b[i]i[/i]tch about?
Hopefully the haterade isn't preventing you from understanding that NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY,
YOUR LOS ANGELESE LAKERS ARE THE WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

i'm going out to celebrate! OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by joeycrack: 8:55am On May 30, 2008
Lakerz made it work 2 night, waiting for Boston.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 4:51pm On May 30, 2008
@SeanT21
I wont have you talking about the best basketball player on the planet like that! thats ignorant talk

@MyTempID
Up Lakers.This championship is Kobe's i mean i was scared the Lakers where gonna lose it at a time especially when they where down by 17 but they bounced back once again like true champions.And yes that was a travel by Barry those guys deserve all the ill luck they have got
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2008
Yeah Man! Go LA! The heart of a champion!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2008
MyTempID:

Yeah Man! Go LA! The heart of a champion!
I will be hoping for Odom to revert to thugishness and get kicked out of a game or 2 smiley. The trophy was painted Green this yr since the Garnett trade wink.

Plus what do ya'll think about the new 7game schedule?
it's Games 1 - 2 in Boston, then 3 - 5 in LA, then 6 -7 in Boston.
I'm not sure which team this favors more but I would say if they go the max 7-games, it def works towards the Celtics.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2008
JeSoul:

I will be hoping for Odom to revert to thugishness and get kicked out of a game or 2 smiley. The trophy was painted Green this yr since the Garnett trade wink.

I'm not sure which team this favors more but I would say if they go the max 7-games, it def works towards the Celtics.
See this one! Typical Boston Celtic! Psst! I will respond to you later.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2008
JeSoul:

celtics always win at home for some reason.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2008
SeanT21:

celtics always win at home for some reason.
Detriot was able to pull one off though.
But the fact is anything can happen in the playoffs. It just depends on who wants it more, the lakers or the Celtics.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2008
JeSoul:

Detriot was able to pull one off though.
But the fact is anything can happen in the playoffs. It just depends on who wants it more, the lakers or the Celtics.

it would have been a better finals with Cavs vs Lakers, an even better one when lebron gets the trophy. too bad i have to wait till next season.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2008
SeanT21:

it would have been a better finals with Cavs vs Lakers, an even better one when lebron gets the trophy. too bad i have to wait till next season.
next season ke? hehe girl I hate to rain on ur parade but if the Cavs make no significant changes, they are not getting anywhere next yr. Other eastern conf teams will get noticeably better such as Chicago and Atl and Orlando. I even see something into the rumors Lebron will relocate to NY and join his buddy jay-z in a few short yrs smiley
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2008
he better not go to the knicks. they suck bad.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2008
SeanT21:

he better not go to the knicks. they suck bad.
well I guess they wouldn't suck if they had him. . . wink
anyways I don't see how anyone in their right mind would go to the knicks, unless they were being paid a truckload of cash and Lebron doesn't need cash, he's got more than enuff. Good thing is it's the quest for a championship that drives him - but I still won't rule out him becoming a knickerbocker - the glitz, glam and traffic jams of NY are irresistable to some.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2008
You guys better not sleep on the knicks with D'antoni's arrival in the Big Apple.

I know peeps are saying the team is illsuited to D'antoni's run and gun style
but I beg to differ.

The likes of Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Ronald Belkman can operate in that style of offence,
although errrrrrrrrrr Randolph and Curry might need to hit the race track for some fat loss sessions
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by davidif: 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2008
Yepa!!! they don commot my Pistons o and from what i am hearing from our president, Joe Dumars it seems a couple of players would be leaving with Flip Saunders.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by lailai2(m): 1:31am On Jun 06, 2008
go go lakers
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2008
@Je-soul
Hmm i am sure you must be licking your lips 3 games away from the Championship dont get too excited yet though the demise of my Mavs in the final is a fresh memory.Pierce was inspirational though and the fans where something else.Dont know why D'Antoni didnt go to Chicago i am convinced it was all about the money on the NY thing i think its the Nets he is planning on relocating to Bed-stuy

@doyin13
I am sleeping on those Knicks!! they have to make some good trades before i can take them serious.People like Stephon Marbury,Randolph et al need to hit the road they need a roster clearout that team is just too weak

@lakers
It aint time to panic just yet you guys didnt do too badly yall just ran out of gas in the last quarter but what was with Kobe he looked really nervous.Kobe this is the wrong time to be nervous show us your greatness
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2008
And Kobe here is a tip for you.Work on your Jump Shooting these Celtics wouldnt just easily watch you zip through the lane and drop a Sportscenter Top 10 play on their ass you definitely gotta mix it up
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by davidif: 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2008
A-40:
Did you just say there was anything wrong about Kobe's J I hope i didn't read right. The man had an off shooting night every superstar has it even MJ had it. There is no way he is going to have a repeat of that again. If there are players jumpers that you should critic, it should definitely not be kobe's.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2008
I hope those devils for boston lose. man they took houston out of their winning streak.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2008
@davidif
You are missing my point i never said he had a bad jump shot all i said was he should work on it he was 9-26 from the field what does that tell you?Its obviosu to the untrained eye that the Celts took the lane from him in Game 1

All in all i feel the Lakers are gonna win tonight the Celts where lucky in Game 1 if you ask me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wrestlemania XXVIII: John Cena Vs The Rock (rock Won) / Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested / Super Eagles Launch Glo-branded Jerseys In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.