Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,473 members, 7,968,315 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:41 AM

Nba Playoffs 08-predictions - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Playoffs 08-predictions (8958 Views)

NBA Playoffs/championship / NFL Playoffs are Here. / Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2008
We are witness

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 12:05am On Apr 29, 2008
Sean - hat to break it to you but the Cavs are not the team to beat this season. if the cavs can beat the sixers and the celtics, then i'll faith in them.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:03pm On Apr 29, 2008
At least it is certain the Cavs would defeat the Cheese Wiz.Those guys just let me down sef do they think all they had to do was listen and dance to Souljah boy and trash talk throughout the series to win
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2008
SeanT21:

We are witness
LOL. . . at least you're a loyal fan.

A-40, me sef I picked the wizards to send bronbron home. . . I mean with all that trash-talking one would expect they'd at least back it up on the floor so as not to shame themselves.

plus imagine, celtics tied with atl. . .these green men better not do a patriot repeat oh! angry I don't think my heart can stand to be broken yet again.
and what an injustice! giving Byron Scott coach of the yr after Doc Rivers pulls off the greatest turn around in NBA history *hisses*

Pls give Kobe the mvp trophy jare. . .it must not go to Paul/hornets - that'll be payback.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2008
JeSoul:

LOL. . . at least you're a loyal fan.

A-40, me sef I picked the wizards to send bronbron home. . . I mean with all that trash-talking one would expect they'd at least back it up on the floor so as not to shame themselves.

plus imagine, celtics tied with atl. . .these green men better not do a patriot repeat oh! angry I don't think my heart can stand to be broken yet again.
and what an injustice! giving Byron Scott coach of the yr after Doc Rivers pulls off the greatest turn around in NBA history *hisses*

Please give Kobe the mvp trophy jare. . .it must not go to Paul/hornets - that'll be payback.

what has kobe done? Nothing

Cavs had beaten the celtics before and we can do it again.

Gilbert Arenas only had 10 points in the game on sunday. what kind of star is that? Caron Butler does better than him.
If the wizards keep on talking crap lebron will beat the hell out of them.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by Victorxl(m): 8:12am On Apr 30, 2008
lakers all the way! 4-0 over nuggets is a big boost to start the playoff. kobe 2008 mvp no doubt!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2008
JeSoul:

Please give Kobe the mvp trophy jare. . .it must not go to Paul/hornets - that'll be payback.
Girl, did you read the history of the Hornets? Scott deserved that award and so did Doc Rivers. Lakers have always been in the playoffs. They've always been one of the big teams.
For the Hornets to have even entered the Playoffs was a miracle. For them to finish 2nd in the western conference was another miracle, for them to beat Dallas mavs was one of the biggest miracles. Have you seen the finishes of the Hornets? In 2003 - we have a record of 18 games won and 64 games lost.
As payback - Kobe might get the MVP award. We're about to face the Spurs on Saturday. All we can do is pray for another miracle.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2008
j-girl:

Girl, did you read the history of the Hornets? Scott deserved that award and so did Doc Rivers. Lakers have always been in the playoffs. They've always been one of the big teams.
For the Hornets to have even entered the Playoffs was a miracle. For them to finish 2nd in the western conference was another miracle, for them to beat Dallas mavs was one of the biggest miracles. Have you seen the finishes of the Hornets? In 2003 - we have a record of 18 games won and 64 games lost.
As payback - Kobe might get the MVP award. We're about to face the Spurs on Saturday. All we can do is pray for another miracle.

Don't get me wrong, yes Scott does def deserve credit. . . but not more than Doc. The greatest turn-around in NBA history in 1 season! doing it with a roster that's playing together in their first yr. And they finished with the best record in the NBA - 10 games better than the hornets. I don't know what those voters were smoking when they voted. I hear you the hornets have come a long way from past seasons - but the award is for accomplishments this season. I shall hold this grudge

Anyways. . . you def have to bring out those prayer mats cheesy . . . the Spurs will be tough to beat. I thot the Suns would have done better against them.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2008
SeanT21:

what has kobe done? Nothing

Cavs had beaten the celtics before and we can do it again.

Gilbert Arenas only had 10 points in the game on sunday. what kind of star is that? Caron Butler does better than him.
If the wizards keep on talking crap lebron will beat the hell out of them.

Lol. . . Arenas n co. have disgraced themselves - so far. If they lose tonight they should just go n bury their heads in the sand somewhere.

and haba how you fit say Kobe hasn't done anything? Coming from a boston fan (mortal enemies of any LA or NY team grin ) I think Kobe has earned it. He's played well and carried his team this season. If not for that reason, then just to spite NO and Paul, give the mvp to Kobe, that will be fine with me grin.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2008
JeSoul:

Lol. . . Arenas n co. have disgraced themselves - so far. If they lose tonight they should just go n bury their heads in the sand somewhere.

and haba how you fit say Kobe hasn't done anything? Coming from a boston fan (mortal enemies of any LA or NY team grin ) I think Kobe has earned it. He's played well and carried his team this season. If not for that reason, then just to spite NO and Paul, give the mvp to Kobe, that will be fine with me grin.

are u forgettin that Kobe is one of the most selfish basketball player in history. MVP deserves to go to someone who carried the team but also share the ball with his teamates. 1 person don't make a team.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 1:46am On May 01, 2008
Sean T21 - sorry ehn! 88-87. That was an awesome game though. There's going to be a game 7!
I love James but I want the wizards to win.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 10:28pm On May 01, 2008
j-girl:

Sean T21 - sorry ehn! 88-87. That was an awesome game though. There's going to be a game 7!
I love James but I want the wizards to win.

dont worry about it. i knew that was gonna happen when james didnt make the basket that me and my brother watch with one eye open. We gonna getcha in the next game. No Tears.

when is the next game? i heard its friday but i dont know which channel is comming on. is it TNT, ESPN or ABC.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 12:17am On May 02, 2008
SeanT21:

don't worry about it. i knew that was going to happen when james didnt make the basket that me and my brother watch with one eye open. We going to getcha in the next game. No Tears.

when is the next game? i heard its friday but i don't know which channel is comming on. is it TNT, ESPN or ABC.
ESPN 2
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 4:09pm On May 02, 2008
SeanT21:

are u forgettin that Kobe is one of the most selfish basketball player in history. MVP deserves to go to someone who carried the team but also share the ball with his teamates. 1 person don't make a team.

girl trust me, I am the last person that needs reminding how Kobe's been notorious for not being a team player. As as person, I don't like the dude, never liked him and never will. But he will go down as one of the greatest players in history, and I think this season he's done well and does deserve the award. Left to me I'd give it to KG in a nano second - what he's does for Boston cannot be captured merely in stat sheets and numbers - he single-handedly transformed the whole team - the very definition of an mvp.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:17pm On May 02, 2008
JeSoul:

girl trust me, I am the last person that needs reminding how Kobe's been notorious for not being a team player. As as person, I don't like the dude, never liked him and never will. But he will go down as one of the greatest players in history, and I think this season he's done well and does deserve the award. Left to me I'd give it to KG in a nano second - what he's does for Boston cannot be captured merely in stat sheets and numbers - he single-handedly transformed the whole team - the very definition of an mvp.

how about paul pierce and Ray allen. It wasnt only kevin garnett.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 6:32am On May 03, 2008
JeSoul:

Well - your wish has been granted. Kobe won the MVP award. It's all good - we still have coach of the year. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good job by the Hawks. Who would have known that the Celtics will even be in a game 7? That game was so tight (103-100)
Utah won! I think they deserved to win by a landslide even though McGrady was very very impressive.
Congratulations to James and co. I guess they're going to face whoever wins the Hawks-Celtics games.

Tonight, we watch the first games of the 2nd round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Orlando Magic vs. Pistons in Detroit
Hornets vs. Spurs in New Orleans - I'm getting chills down my spine
I'm not making any predictions but It's more likely that homecourt advantage plays out in this one because it's the very first game and everyone is eager not to let things go.

Sunday -
Jazz vs. Lakers - Comments reserved.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 4:05pm On May 03, 2008
i would love to see the celtics play the cavs. i get chills just thinking about it.

kevin garnet, paul pierce, ray allen vs Lebron, Varejoa and the cavs.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 8:06pm On May 04, 2008
JeSoul:

Well, for one, you can't just randomly ask a complete stranger to trust you. Secondly, you don't need to like Kobe Bryant. Just who are you? The guy doesn't even care or know that you exist, let alone be bothered about your impression of him. Get a grip sistah patterson,
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 7:47am On May 05, 2008
MyTempID:

Well, for one, you can't just randomly ask a complete stranger to trust you. Secondly, you don't need to like Kobe Bryant. Just who are you? The guy doesn't even care or know that you exist, let alone be bothered about your impression of him. Get a grip sistah patterson,
Sis/Bro - you need to take a chill pill. Don't attack her for her views. This is sports thread and this is how we do things here. I'm thinking you're an old member with a lot of grudges.

Actually, your post is pointless. angry angry angry
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 5:11pm On May 05, 2008
j-girl:

Sis/Bro - you need to take a chill pill. Don't attack her for her views. This is sports thread and this is how we do things here. I'm thinking you're an old member with a lot of grudges.

Actually, your post is pointless. angry angry angry

Congratulations! Contradiction of the day.  My post is pointless yet you took the time out to address it.  Foremost, it wasn't addressed to you, and you still haven't refuted the fact that Kobe could careless what some faceless Nigerian masquerades think about him.  I can't wait until the lakers play the hornets in the WCF so we can spank that a$$; assuming they get past the Spurs of course.  Call me kobe, and this is my temp id.

Oh, I'm not your sis/bro.
If you're a KLF you're welcome to join the Kobe Lovers Fan club, if not, continue sipping on that haterade and relegate yourself to the KHL.

Who watches hockey here? How about them sharks last night. . . . . they gave it all they had (4OT).
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:01pm On May 05, 2008
SeanT21,
your wish has come true girl . . . Celtics vs Cavs cheesy I predict a 6-game series with the green men advancing. Hmmm I hope we can find a way to start winning on the road like we did during the reg season.

J-girl,
cheesy I'm sorry my wish for revenge came true cheesy
I'm picking the pistons, Lakers and spurs (sorry smiley ) to win their series. Yes in spite of the beatdown the hornets gave the champs, I think they'll bounce back and make it interesting.

Plus girl you would do well to ignore that unnamed person that is seeking attention on this thread. . . he is obviously an over-zealous teenager with too much time on his hands grin he forgot to remind himself that the kobe he so fiercely fights for is also completely unaware of his existence cool
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by xploits777(m): 8:26pm On May 05, 2008
I predict Lakers vs Hornets west conf. finals
and Celtics vs Pistons East Con finals
and Celtics vs Lakers/Hornets finals

My Winner this year BOSTON CELTICS

or Hornets
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by xploits777(m): 8:31pm On May 05, 2008
However, does anyone know if silverbird Television still airs NBA playoffs
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:49pm On May 05, 2008
xploits777:

However, does anyone know if silverbird Television still airs NBA playoffs

i really don't Even know what is silverbird television. its that a Nigerian thing??

Is Kobe Bryant your boyfriend or something. Do u get pay to defend him. DOES HE EVEN KNOW YOU EXISTIf not, Chill OUT before i stick my foot way up your ass and sent you ignorant ass back to your home country, LMAO!!I cant stand ignorant motherfuckers like you.

NO, WE DONT WATCH HOCKEY, ARE U WHITE or just a Twinkie?HAHA
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 10:50pm On May 05, 2008
JeSoul:

SeanT21,
Plus girl you would do well to ignore that unnamed person that is seeking attention on this thread. . . he is obviously an over-zealous teenager with too much time on his hands grin he forgot to remind himself that the kobe he so fiercely fights for is also completely unaware of his existence cool

At least this teenager doesn't clamor vociferously online seeking to come off as more important than he is.  You're just sore from the bitter fact which you're still yet to dispute -- Kobe could careless about your relentless vendetta with his game play.  It's obvious I have about as much time on my hands as you do, so, with that said,  your ad-hominem really makes no sense.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 10:57pm On May 05, 2008
JeSoul:

J-girl,
cheesy I'm sorry my wish for revenge came true cheesy
I'm picking the pistons, Lakers and spurs (sorry smiley ) to win their series. Yes in spite of the beatdown the hornets gave the champs, I think they'll bounce back and make it interesting.

Lol - sure, girl! I don't think you're that sorry about the MVP! cheesy

Now that I re-read that post - I know who it is and I really couldn't care less about Kobe cos well you obviously are obsessed with Kobe to a detrimental point.

Whatever happens, I'm proud of the Hornets.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 11:01pm On May 05, 2008
j-girl:

Lol - sure, girl! I don't think you're that sorry about the MVP! cheesy

Now that I re-read that post - I know who it is and I really couldn't care less about Kobe because well you obviously are obsessed with Kobe to a detrimental point.

Whatever happens, I'm proud of the Hornets.

How detrimental a point since you know so well? Oh wise one please enlighten me. I'm about as much a kobe fan as you are a hornets fan. Oh, and I already told you who I am -- quit being silly.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 11:06pm On May 05, 2008
MyTempID:

How detrimental a point since you know so well? Oh wise one please enlighten me. I'm about as much a kobe fan as you are a hornets fan. Oh, and I already told you who I am -- quit being silly.
For one - you use his name as your id. I'm betting you are totally obsessed with the lakers. I'm a hornets fan but I also like the Lakers. I just think they need to be stomped out this season because they are too good.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 11:33pm On May 05, 2008
j-girl:

For one - you use his name as your id. I'm betting you are totally obsessed with the lakers. I'm a hornets fan but I also like the Lakers. I just think they need to be stomped out this season because they are too good.

Whooptie doo, just your opinion, yet you're trying to pass it off as a statement of fact.
If your hornets are lucky enough to get past the spurs, consider them owned by the lakers.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by jgirl3: 11:34pm On May 05, 2008
Like I said - I'm proud enough that they injured the Mavs in just 5 games!
If they win against Spurs - that'll be fantastic.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 3:20am On May 06, 2008
hey hey now don't forget the mavs were already limping before you injured them -- that's like a warrior boasting about beating up a paralyzed man. . . . .
and . . . there's no price for second place, but I will say this: your hornets are one heck of a team, and I want to congratulate them, and especially chris paul, david west, and byron scott for turning the franchise around. I hope they play the lakers in the WCF beceause it will be one heck of a good series.

how ya been by the way. . . longest time. . .
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by dangermous: 5:38am On May 06, 2008
The only NBA I am interested in is the Nigerian Bar Association.

They should come and settle their last bill at my girlfriend's beer parlour angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make 10000 With 1000 With Just Five Bet / No Red Card Betting Tips (the New Goldmine) / Free Daily 2 Odds For 1 Million (100% Sure) - Sports - Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.