Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,993 members, 7,903,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 06:18 AM

Nba Playoffs 08-predictions - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Playoffs 08-predictions (8862 Views)

NBA Playoffs/championship / NFL Playoffs are Here. / Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Congratulations the Celts have made up for the Patriots disappointment! i guess Boston rules when it comes to sports its definitely a Championship City the Lakers got Rondo'd grin.The celebration was crazy though blacks and even white boys went loco but i can't blame yall 22 years is a long timei wasnt even born when yall won your last ring.I just wonder when my Mavs would win a ring 06 was just not meant to be i mean when Shaq starts making free throws and Nowitzki misses you just know its not meant to be that Final still hurts
Their big men really ran them down Gasol and Odom couldnt handle K.G i mean the pick and rolls where devastating they need Bynum next season no doubt.And might i add Radmanovic stank all series
you be correct bobo jare! kiss The whole city is in jubilatory mode. I remember last yr how painful it was during the record 18-game losing streak, that seems like a century ago now. After the big three, I am happiest for Doc Rivers, what a class act. I hope to make it to the parade 2moro and hopefully take some good pics n share here.

Apparently defense does win championships. Is it just me or does it seem like the west does not have very good defense overall? cos the lakers breezed thru the playoffs n then stumbled so badly against green. There might be a case to argue that the west may not be as superior as everyone seems to think. I mean one can even argue that the finals was the Celtics easiest series all playoffs!

If I were laker management, I'd go after the next available veteran big interior defensive guy. True Bynum will be back but you need some insurance as well. And that bench also needs a moderate makeover, not too drastic cos they did make it all the way to the finals afterall.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2008
@Je-soul
Honestly rather than blame the Lakers i would give yall credit you guys played some D that even San Antonio could learn from i saw passion i saw a will to win last night but you also have Danny Ainge to thank that guy was revolutionary it was also emotional seeing yall light the cigar for Red Auerbach and K.G going over to hug Bill Russell.The Lakers where not that bad its just that no one else was there to pick up the slack when Kobe was not looking so good
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by lailai2(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2008
y'all correct
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 8:36am On Jun 19, 2008
This team has one and done written all over it.

I liked last season's Celts a whole lot better.
could have gone on some Bill Russell title accumulating
run. younger, faster and battle hardened after a tough season.

They were gritty, resolute in the face of a thankless task.
never mind what their record said.

Lets hear it for the 06-07 Celts y'all

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Hating is why I watch sports
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2008
@doyin
You gotta be kiddin me! If this team can maintain the same hunger winning it again next year is a possibility besides getting Ray Allen and K.G they also got some good free agents to complete that team.Transition from the worst team to the East to NBA champions in one season is just revolutionary
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2008
JeSoul:

you be correct bobo jare! kiss The whole city is in jubilatory mode. I remember last yr how painful it was during the record 18-game losing streak, that seems like a century ago now. After the big three, I am happiest for Doc Rivers, what a class act. I hope to make it to the parade 2moro and hopefully take some good pics n share here.

Apparently defense does win championships. Is it just me or does it seem like the west does not have very good defense overall? because the lakers breezed through the playoffs n then stumbled so badly against green. There might be a case to argue that the west may not be as superior as everyone seems to think. I mean one can even argue that the finals was the Celtics easiest series all playoffs!

If I were laker management, I'd go after the next available veteran big interior defensive guy. True Bynum will be back but you need some insurance as well. And that bench also needs a moderate makeover, not too drastic because they did make it all the way to the finals afterall.

how is it in Boston? i saw the parade on CNN this morning. Yall were going crazy.

Why do New England always produce good teams, Ex, The Celtics, Patriots and the Red Sox.

I think there is something in the water up there.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 11:35am On Jun 20, 2008
A-40:

@doyin
You gotta be kiddin me! If this team can maintain the same hunger winning it again next year is a possibility besides getting Ray Allen and K.G they also got some good free agents to complete that team.Transition from the worst team to the East to NBA champions in one season is just revolutionary

No mind me jare. I was just trying to pull Jesoul's legs.

Honestly, I was pleased KG, Allen and Pierce finally won a ring.

And this series showed why Lebron is a better player than Kobe at this point in time.

Kobe's footwork is legendary and prolly the best around the NBA, but Lebron is unstoppably athletic.
He can pass better out of the double and triple teams, and he is not so prone to so many bad shots.

Dare I say it, if Lebron had Kobe's supporting cast, Cavs would have beat the Celts.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by Jackal(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2008
@ Doyin13,

I have a message for you.
Buzz me whenever u come online, u doofus!!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2008
doyin13:

And this series showed why Lebron is a better player than Kobe at this point in time.

Kobe's footwork is legendary and prolly the best around the NBA, but Lebron is unstoppably athletic.
He can pass better out of the double and triple teams, and he is not so prone to so many bad shots.

Dare I say it, if Lebron had Kobe's supporting cast, Cavs would have beat the Celts.

I been trying to explain it to the lakers fans.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2008
@doyin13
Lebron is 23 Kobe is 30 surely you dont expect Kobe to be as athletic as Lebron and i guess the East play more defence than the West
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2008
A-40:

@doyin13
Lebron is 23 Kobe is 30 surely you don't expect Kobe to be as athletic as Lebron and i guess the East play more defence than the West

it dont mater because Kobe been playing ball longer.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2008
@SeanT21
I doubt Lebron would be as athletic as Kobe when he clocks 30 its like asking who is more athletic between Shaq and Dwight Howard
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2008
doyin13:

trouble maker  tongue  angry   smiley   cheesy   grin

that's more like it boy!

You know I think you might be right. Lebron def played better vs the C's than Kobe did. I guess Kobe is on the decline, and is def not as explosive as in the years past - be like say old age don reach! lol.
  and I think the Cavs pushed the series as far as it went because their D is way better than the lakers. Lakers woulda stood a much better chance if they played D at all.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 12:12am On Jun 24, 2008
SeanT21:

how is it in Boston? i saw the parade on CNN this morning. Yall were going crazy.

Why do New England always produce good teams, Ex, The Celtics, Patriots and the Red Sox.

I think there is something in the water up there.
Its not just the water, it's the food, the air, the sun etc. . . Now we are dreaming about a repeat! cool

sad I missed the parade my dear. But after seeing the thousands upon thousands of people on the streets, it was probably a good idea to not have gone anyways. I've never seen so many people crammed around the garden.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by onyinye2(f): 12:14am On Jun 24, 2008
still getting over the lost for the lakers. they tried. but at least it gives me hope that The houston rockets can win the playoffs if a team like the celtics can win.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 2:16am On Jun 24, 2008
Houston win? hmm the jury is still out and T-Mac is still unproven as a leader who can carry a team on his shoulders and will them into victory. The 22game win streak was great and a good line on his resume but he has not won when it matters the most - in the playoffs.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 2:52am On Jun 24, 2008
JeSoul:

Houston win? hmm the jury is still out and T-Mac is still unproven as a leader who can carry a team on his shoulders and will them into victory. The 22game win streak was great and a good line on his resume but he has not won when it matters the most - in the playoffs.

what about my man Yao Ming?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 2:58am On Jun 24, 2008
I'm not sold on Yao just yet.  undecided  I mean I know he's really developed since he entered the league but it just seems to me he lacks that killer instinct and rugged grit/toughness that champions possess. Granted he's had several injuries that've slowed him down.  Houston could make some real noise IF the supporting cast around TMac n Yao was already playoff-tested and proven. It's just so much harder to make and succeed in the playoffs out west - too many good teams to compete with.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2008
@Jesoul
The Rockets need to go past the first round lol.T-Mac is good no doubt i think he just doesnt bring it when its playoff time as for Yao that guy is overhyped i can name 4 centers better than him in the West i guess all of China votes for him as i cant think of any other way he makes the Western all-star team.Dont even think about a repeat we MAVS are coming next season grin

P:S How did the Parade go? you guys must still be stuck on that Championship win
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
The Rockets need to go past the first round lol.T-Mac is good no doubt i think he just doesnt bring it when its playoff time as for Yao that guy is overhyped i can name 4 centers better than him in the West i guess all of China votes for him as i can't think of any other way he makes the Western all-star team.Dont even think about a repeat we MAVS are coming next season grin

yeah that 1st rd playoff monkey has been sitting on McGrady's back for a loooonng time. To me he's not a big time player, like the NBA commercials say "make history or be history". and I know oh! all those 3billion people in china lol . . . I think if they keep voting him in and leaving out the true all-star centers, the NBA should change the voting rules. . . but its probably unlikely becos the NBA is making sweet cheddar off the asian audience.

P:S How did the Parade go? you guys must still be stuck on that Championship win
I couldn't make the parade sad but after seeing how many people showed up it may have been a good thing cos it was waaaayyy too crowded, I wouldn't have been able to see anything.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 12:04am On Jun 25, 2008
I cant belive yall are saying Yao Ming is not a solid player. He deserves all those votes to the all star games. He doesnt only have fans in China. He have fans in the states too.

He is also good at defense. He knows how to use his height as an advantage.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]2007-08 Statistics
PPG 22.0 RPG 10.80 APG 2.3 EFF + 25.53 [/font]

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 12:05am On Jun 25, 2008
Sean until Yao and Mac do some damage in the playoffs, they will not be considered as "Big time" players like the others. Like we've all seen, it doesn't matter what you do in the reg. season, the playoffs is where legends are made! smiley

And Yao def does NOT deserve all those votes. . . all those chinese people need to lay off their keyboards come playoff voting time!  wink  There are other centers in the west that deserve just as much recognition.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 12:06am On Jun 25, 2008
JeSoul:

?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 12:10am On Jun 25, 2008
hit the wrong key, my bad on that one smiley
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Sean t21
He is ok simply overhyped thats what i am saying there are way better centers how he makes the All-star starters year in year out for the West beggars belief
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2008
A-40:

@Sean t21
He is ok simply overhyped thats what i am saying there are way better centers how he makes the All-star starters year in year out for the West beggars belief
blame it on the 1.3 billion people on the other end of the globe grin
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2008
I understand but how did you come to the conclusion that all his fans are in China. He has a big fanbase in the states.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2008
well obviously not all but certainly most wink

We're not saying Yao is not a solid player, just that he does not deserve all those all-star nods ahead of some other good centers in the west.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 12:02am On Jun 27, 2008
JeSoul:

well obviously not all but certainly most wink

We're not saying Yao is not a solid player, just that he does not deserve all those all-star nods ahead of some other good centers in the west.

OK. I understand.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 12:20am On Jun 27, 2008
Okay. . . . . . .make una use your ears hear this one.

THERE IS NO BETTER CENTRE IN THE LEAGUE THAN YAO MING.

FINISH.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2008
@Jesoul
Lol.What would attract any American to Yao's style? Its definitely the Chinese and you know David Stern does not play with them International fans especially China which is a humongous market

@doyin13
You must be kidding me!!
Where do you put Camby? Dwight Howard dont even get me started man
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2008
hehehehe. . . . . . . .we are just getting started.

Camby is a good rebounder, shot blocker but he is not going to average more than
13 ppg in a season. So he sure ain't better than Ming. And the folks in Denver would bite
your hand off if such a trade were ever proposed.

Dwight Howard will be better than Yao Ming eventually, but his offensive skills need a lot
of polishing. His hook shot is just ugly and for someone whose upper body is built like a
Minotaur, his lower body is weak, as Jason Maxiell of the Pistons called out.

The Winner is Yao Ming grin grin

NB, . . .If Yao Ming had been in the playoffs, the Rockets would be champions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested / Super Eagles Launch Glo-branded Jerseys In London / Super Falcons Player, Michelle Alozie Meets Davido (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.