Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,466 members, 7,968,291 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:00 AM

Nba Playoffs 08-predictions - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Playoffs 08-predictions (8957 Views)

NBA Playoffs/championship / NFL Playoffs are Here. / Is Anyone Watching The 2007 Nba Playoffs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2008
Still miffed that the Red Wings won the Stanley cup lol.

The Suns sef don get new coach
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2008
My bad. shocked
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2008
onyinye2:

I hope those devils for boston lose. man they took houston out of their winning streak.
wow so many Boston haters smiley anyways we shall overcome!

What we are seeing is offence vs. Defense.
I like the fact all those "nba/sports analysts" are now biting their words after predicting lakers in 6. cheesy And to quote Jon Barry "in all 4 games the Lakers n Celtics have played Kobe has struggled from the field, I don't call that coincidence, I call it a trend" - that was classic.
Unless the Lakers suddenly decide they want to play some D, this series will be over quickly- n that will be fine by me.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2008
A-40:

The Suns sef don get new coach
they did? didn't hear about it. Who is it?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 12:04am On Jun 10, 2008
JeSoul:

wow so many Boston haters smiley anyways we shall overcome!

What we are seeing is offence vs. Defense.
I like the fact all those "nba/sports analysts" are now biting their words after predicting lakers in 6. cheesy And to quote Jon Barry "in all 4 games the Lakers n Celtics have played Kobe has struggled from the field, I don't call that coincidence, I call it a trend" - that was classic.
Unless the Lakers suddenly decide they want to play some D, this series will be over quickly- n that will be fine by me.
Negro please. What you're seeing is the Lakers vs. the refs. Yes, Boston plays solid 'D', I give you that, but don't go pretending it's all gravy and flawless when the refs have consulted with David Stern to steal this trophy. How are we going to get in a good flow if the refs decide to blow the daggone whistle every 30 seconds?

We'll see you in LA. Go Lakers!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:18am On Jun 10, 2008
MyTempID:

Negro please. What you're seeing is the Lakers vs. the refs. Yes, Boston plays solid 'D', I give you that, but don't go pretending it's all gravy and flawless when the refs have consulted with David Stern to steal this trophy. How are we going to get in a good flow if the refs decide to blow the daggone whistle every 30 seconds?

this is not even worth a response.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 6:39am On Jun 10, 2008
Too late. You already responded. grin
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2008
MyTempID:

why will the refs have something against the lakers. Why cant you just accept the victory?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2008
@MyTempID
You guys need to be charged up tonight i hope you guys win cos Kobe is my man and i want him to silence his critics all 3 games at the Staples must be won and please send Gasol into the gym so he can learn how to put his back into it.These are the NBA FINALS!!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 2:07am On Jun 11, 2008
YES! We WILL Win tonight.  If we don't, I won't post on these forums for one month.  Mark my words.

SeanT21:

why will the refs have something against the lakers. Why can't you just accept the victory?
Victory I can accept, but I cannot accept defeat. If you watched the games at all you will realize that the freethrow discrepancy (38-10), in game 2, is more than mind boggling. And I blame it on phantom calls.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 4:56am On Jun 11, 2008
YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!
WHAT DID I SAY! WHAT DID I SAY!
I TOLD YOU! 2 - 1

What's up with KG and his moving (illegal) picks? He must have done that all game and the refs only called it once. Pathetic.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2008
2-1? no problem, we've had worse odds all playoffs.  cool . Plus I spoke personally with Pierce this morning and he has assured me he will not shoot 2-14 from the field ever again in a finals game. P2 and KG had bad games n it was still that close? The trophy is still as green as this smiley face smiley
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2008
JeSoul:

2-1? no problem, we've had worse odds all playoffs. cool . Plus I spoke personally with Pierce this morning and he has assured me he will not shoot 2-14 from the field ever again in a finals game. P2 and KG had bad games n it was still that close? The trophy is still as green as this smiley face smiley

tell pierce to pass the phone over to 'Bron. Tell him he disappointed me. Next season he better be strong.

the only reason i do not want the lakers to win is because the lakers fans will take that as a way to tell the world that Kobe is the best baller. so for now, GO CELTICS!!!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 5:10am On Jun 12, 2008
JeSoul:

2-1? no problem, we've had worse odds all playoffs. cool . Plus I spoke personally with Pierce this morning and he has assured me he will not shoot 2-14 from the field ever again in a finals game. P2 and KG had bad games n it was still that close? The trophy is still as green as this smiley face smiley
And keep in mind that the lakers, with the exception of the machine and kobe, didn't show up for the game, too.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2008
@Sean t-21
Lebron is a great player in a whack team

@Je-soul
I heard Rondo is doubtful for tonight that isnt good news cos Eddie House and Cassell are weak if you ask me.Yall must win a game at L.A though trust me if the Lakers win all 3 games at home the series is theirs
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2008
SeanT21:

tell pierce to pass the phone over to 'Bron. Tell him he disappointed me. Next season he better be strong.
cheesy Lebron said to tell you that it wasn't his fault. That if his role plyers did not suck so much the cavs woulda been back in the finals. He said he's promising drastic changes to the roster - and first to go is Ben Wallace! lol.

GO CELTICS!!!
Music to my ears! grin

A-40:

@Je-soul
I heard Rondo is doubtful for tonight that isnt good news because Eddie House and Cassell are weak if you ask me.Yall must win a game at L.A though trust me if the Lakers win all 3 games at home the series is theirs
I know oh, we must take at least one game in LA or else it could become dangerous to simply rely on winning at home - but we have done it before and we can do it again! cool
Yeah heard about Rondo too. . . we need him more than we realize. No one else is as good a playmaker n sets up the teammates with great shots. Cassell has really disappointed me, he has not shown his veteran point guard skills, he simply jacks up shots early in the shot clock. Me I want to see Powe get some airtime, he's a game-changer.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2008
@Je-Soul
Trust me if the Lakers win all 3 games that series will end in 6 cos a Phil Jackson side is always primed to close a series on the road those guys are simply ruthless when it comes to that.Rondo's absence would hurt cos Cassell has been shyte all series P.J Brown is also someone that can come up big in games like this
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2008
JeSoul:

cheesy Lebron said to tell you that it wasn't his fault. That if his role plyers did not suck so much the cavs woulda been back in the finals. He said he's promising drastic changes to the roster - and first to go is Ben Wallace! lol.
Music to my ears! grin
I know oh, we must take at least one game in LA or else it could become dangerous to simply rely on winning at home - but we have done it before and we can do it again! cool
Yeah heard about Rondo too. . . we need him more than we realize. No one else is as good a playmaker n sets up the teammates with great shots. Cassell has really disappointed me, he has not shown his veteran point guard skills, he simply jacks up shots early in the shot clock. Me I want to see Powe get some airtime, he's a game-changer.

yes, indeed.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2008
SeanT, 
    doesn't it feel good to be on the winning side girl?  cheesy

Now we can focus on the game instead of the referees n calls. I wonder what will be the excuse Celtics won this time since the foul calls were even?  cool I had more respect for LA n Phil before the series. . .I never knew they could whine n complain and sulk the way they did. I cannot stand whiners, Shut up and play! is my motto.

Now we must win game 5 and end this thing before. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2008
My lakers wet the bed terribly last night. After being up by as much as 24 how did we manage to relenquish the lead. Anyway that's another story.

JeSoul:

SeanT,
doesn't it feel good to be on the winning side girl? cheesy

Now we can focus on the game instead of the referees n calls. I wonder what will be the excuse Celtics won this time since the foul calls were even? cool I had more respect for LA n Phil before the series. . .I never knew they could whine n complain and sulk the way they did. I cannot stand whiners, Shut up and play! is my motto.

I still don't understand your biased aversion with the calls made in game two. Face it and deal with it already, ever since Phil managed to complain about the referees we saw Tim Donaghy levy some serious allegations against the league office about fixing games. It definitely couldn't have come at a better time, and since then I feel and see that the calls took a turn for the better. The problem is not with the celtics and their play. Phil is not calling you out for playing agressive basketball and drawing your fouls. You got about 38 fouls in that game and you deserved most them, but the lakers only got 10 while they should have had more. This is not the first time a ocach has spoken out about terrible officiating in the Nba. Those who do speak out either get fined or suspended. Majority of the people who look back at the Heat - Mavericks series can see how that series turned out after Derange fade spent more time on the freethrow line than he did at his own house.

Congratulations on your win, but keep in mind that the series isn't over; obviously. See you on sunday for game 5.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2008
Temp, part of my problem like I said before is not  just with the Lakers complaining about it, but when the lakers were on the receiving end of such favor in the Jazz series they did not complain about it!    The disparity was 43-16!
  and back in 05' vs Sac it was 40 - 25 and 27-9 in the fourth quarter alone! and did the kings come out crying the next day about the fouls? not nearly as much a Phil did couple days ago. They moved onto the next game - void of conspiracy theories. They shut up and played!

Lakers cannot now come out n complain about something they themselves benefitted from in the same playoffs! - it's called karma sweetie, what goes aorund. . .comes right back and bites you in the butt!  cool

anyways I'm happy the focus is back on the actual game. . . that is what it's all about.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
JeSoul:

Temp, part of my problem like I said before is not  just with the Lakers complaining about it, but when the lakers were on the receiving end of such favor in the Jazz series they did not complain about it!    The disparity was 43-16!
  and back in 05' vs Sac it was 40 - 25 and 27-9 in the fourth quarter alone! and did the kings come out crying the next day about the fouls? not nearly as much a Phil did couple days ago. The moved onto the next game - void of conspiracy theories. They shut up and played!

Lakers cannot now come out n complain about something they themselves benefitted from in the same playoffs! - it's called karma sweetie, what goes aorund. . .comes right back and bites you in the butt!  cool

That's where your error in judgement comes into place.  That's an issue the Jazz have to address.  It is the responsibility of their coach, their players, fans, the analysts, and their organization.  Phil Jackson will not make it his mission to complain that he received X number of fouls while the Jazz received x'.    Take for example a situation at work where you get qiute a decent chunk or raise relatiev to your co-worker who you feel works just as hard as you do.  Do you feel it is your duty to refuse your raise simply because your said co-worker did not get as much as you did? Of course not.  You would either shut up about it or ask her to file a complaint.  As such, Phil should not be reprimanded for speaking up for his team and you should not expect him to keep quiet when he sees something wrong.  He is the leader and coach of that team and has every right to do what he finds necessary to make sure his team gets treated fairly.  The oficial politicking in the Nba is way too much.  David Stern has done too much to protect his officials and the system is vile and autocratic. Whereby, if any player or coach bashes the Nba officials, it is an automatic hefty ban, and it discourages them from trying it again.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2008
Even me I don't like the way Stern runs the nba sometimes putting a gag on everyone at the risk of a fine.
and I'm not saying phil shoulda complained for the other teams BUT I think it shows the character of a person sit to quietly and happily while they benefit from an injustice several times, only to turn around and cry foul when it happens back to them.

and to make it worse is while they benefitted the losing teams did not complain, it makes it so much worse for them to then turn around and act like this. Do you see the point I'm trying to make? Perhaps even if they suffered a wrong, they shoulda just kept their integrity and moved on. Allow ur play on the court to show ur anger at your perceived wrong. Like the bible says, "whatever is hidden will be made known" if the Celtics benefitted wrongly, they'll themselves pay for it sooner or later.

Abi no be so the world works?
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by MyTempID: 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2008
Not true.  I do understand what you're saying, but keep in mind that two wrongs don't make a right.  I would definitely not advise any coach to sit quietly and watch his team get punked constantly by bad refereeing.  It's unmanly and obviously stupid.  What's wrong with those other teams is their inability to voice their disapproval of their maltreatment.  They shouldn't be afraid to protest against incorrect officiating. Phil did not shy away.  Instead, he stood up for his team. Yes, that shows a lot about his character. It show hsi desire to fight for a just cause.  It's not in Phil Jackson's job description to fight for calls for another team's benefit.  His team was wronged and he was outspoken about it.  That's not to be mistaken for whinning.  There's a difference between bad officiating and imperfect officiating.  Nobody is perfect, that's expected.  But, the referees have to make a seeable effort to making sure their calls are consistent.  They must do away with those ticky-tack fouls that benefit one team as opposed to another.  Your biblical quote does not apply in this context.  Sure, in time whatever is hidden will come to light, that happens a lot.  However, if he turns a blind eye and instead chooses to be vocal after the series is over, of what benefit is that?  The league office will not demand that the games be replayed, instead they might apologize for the horrible officiating and vow to fix it.  Clearly, that's a long shot.   Speaking out now affects the outcome of the games being played now, and brings the focus on the plays and stupid non-calls made by the referees. Hence my reason for strongly disagreeing with your input that he should wait it out until the mattter is brought to light. If the system is faulty, those who feel the effects have every right to rally against it, at any time.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2008
Watching Game 4 i am convinced the Celts want this more and they would get it the Lakers had a great chance of turning this series around but they didnt
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by SeanT21(f): 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2008
JeSoul:

SeanT,
doesn't it feel good to be on the winning side girl? cheesy

Now we can focus on the game instead of the referees n calls. I wonder what will be the excuse Celtics won this time since the foul calls were even? cool I had more respect for LA n Phil before the series. . .I never knew they could whine n complain and sulk the way they did. I cannot stand whiners, Shut up and play! is my motto.

dont get me wrong girl. i love the Celtics for now. Next season its all about the cavs.
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2008
The Lakers live to fight another day at least they have saved the fans the trauma of having a series closed out in their homecourt if only they had won Game 4 life would be so much easier but why do those guys keep throwing away huge leads 18 pts last night and almost blew it again i think they can win Game 6 only if they do two things:Start well and Finish well no giving away of huge leads or acquiring huge deficits if the Lakers can sneak Game 6 then we are in for a grand stand finish
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2008
I also left out something else.Paul Pierce has to be kept quiet if he scores 38 points on Tuesday the Lakers will lose Gasol and Odom also have to play as well as they did last night
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2008
A-40:

The Lakers live to fight another day at least they have saved the fans the trauma of having a series closed out in their homecourt if only they had won Game 4 life would be so much easier but why do those guys keep throwing away huge leads 18 pts last night and almost blew it again i think they can win Game 6 only if they do two things:Start well and Finish well no giving away of huge leads or acquiring huge deficits if the Lakers can sneak Game 6 then we are in for a grand stand finish

Don't tell anyone but I was secretly hoping the C's lose game 5 and win #6 at home as it would be much sweeter in front of the home crowd, and I was right! I don't feel sorry for the beatdown at all. . .if anyone deserved such humiliation it was the Lakers and most of their obnoxious fans who were already celebrating even before the series started. Gasol is soft, Odom is inconsistent, n the laker bench was MIA, if they hope to be back next yr then they need to improve the reserve n get an inside presence. Perhaps Bynum will solve that problem.
Anyways I hope the Celtics bring back the entire roster although I'll live with a few cuts like Cassell

This was 22yrs in the making n best believe Boston is going to relish this moment cheesy Congrats to all the Celtics Fans in the House!
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by doyin13(m): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2008
JeSoul:

Don't tell anyone but I was secretly hoping the C's lose game 5 and win #6 at home as it would be much sweeter in front of the home crowd, and I was right! I don't feel sorry for the beatdown at all. . .if anyone deserved such humiliation it was the Lakers and most of their obnoxious fans who were already celebrating even before the series started. Gasol is soft, Odom is inconsistent, n the laker bench was MIA, if they hope to be back next yr then they need to improve the reserve n get an inside presence. Perhaps Bynum will solve that problem.
Anyways I hope the Celtics bring back the entire roster although I'll live with a few cuts like Cassell

This was 22yrs in the making n best believe Boston is going to relish this moment cheesy Congrats to all the Celtics Fans in the House!

yes oo. Look at them. They have come out.

Shameless Exhibitionists.

Humility is a quality, rare nowadays, especially in the NEW ENGLAND AREA.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided angry angry
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by JeSoul(f): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
whatever Doyin,
if it were your team on top you would be out and about too. What is wrong with Celtics fans celebrating our first Championship in 22yrs? if you like put 50 angry faces up, na you sabi. Don't hate son, appreciate! cool
Re: Nba Playoffs 08-predictions by A40(m): 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2008
@Jesoul
Congratulations the Celts have made up for the Patriots disappointment! i guess Boston rules when it comes to sports its definitely a Championship City the Lakers got Rondo'd grin.The celebration was crazy though blacks and even white boys went loco but i cant blame yall 22 years is a long timei wasnt even born when yall won your last ring.I just wonder when my Mavs would win a ring 06 was just not meant to be i mean when Shaq starts making free throws and Nowitzki misses you just know its not meant to be that Final still hurts
Their big men really ran them down Gasol and Odom couldnt handle K.G i mean the pick and rolls where devastating they need Bynum next season no doubt.And might i add Radmanovic stank all series

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan Akpoborie Writes Tribute To Sebastian Brodericks-Imasuen / How To Make 10000 With 1000 With Just Five Bet / No Red Card Betting Tips (the New Goldmine)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.