Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,936 members, 7,935,973 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:16 PM

Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State (13017 Views)

Ajimobi's First-class schools in Oyo / Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State / Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless: There is no single college or University from South-Eastern part of Nigeria that made the 2013 top 100 schools in the entire Africa. $ Universities from South-west made the list. Below is the current list:

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/

Who did the ranking, what criteria did they use? Is there any state in Nigeria that can be compared to Anambra in terms of human capital? Ogun state comes a distant second.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Who did the ranking, what criteria did they use? Is there any state in Nigeria that can be compared to Anambra in terms of human capital? Ogun state comes a distant second.

Provide your source as I did.
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless: There is no single college or University from South-Eastern part of Nigeria that made the 2013 top 100 schools in the entire Africa. $ Universities from South-west made the list. Below is the current list:

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/

Neither are Indian universities high up there with US or British Unis but UK and US schools have high Indian populations who turn out to be top performers and high fliers in science and technology.

Location of the schools don't matter.
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless:

Provide your source as I did.

This is from my state alone, Abambra. List yours;

ANAMBRA (modified and reloaded)

ANAMBRA STATE

Nnamdi Azikiwe (1st Nigerian Governor-general and first president of Nigeria  and historically, the only man whose name appeared in the Constitution of his country (Nigeria's Republican Constitution of 1963))

Nwafor Orizu (1st senate president of the Federal republic of Nigeria and first Acting presidentof the federation)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi (1st Nigerian professor of Mathematics)

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Eugene Akosa Keazor (Former Nigerian police officer in the colonial years who held the most senior police rank ever held by an African in the British colony)

Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st graduate to enlist in the Nigerian army and leader of the defunct Republic of Biafra)

Chinua Achebe (1st African writer whose books are standard curricula in schools and universities across the world)

Emeka Anyaoku (1st black  secretary-general of the commonwealth )

Alex Ekwueme (1st executive vice president of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria)

F. C. Nwokedi (1st Nigerian Permanent Secretary)

Chimamanda Adichie (famous writer who won the Orange Prize for Fiction (2007) and a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship (2008))

Cardinal Arinze (Cardinal at the vatican who was in contest to succeed the late Pope John Paul II)

Philip Emeagwali (winner of the Gordon Bell prize in super computing)

Dora Akunyili (Former NAFDAC Boss who rid the Nation of fake and counterfeit drugs)

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo (Renowned professor of Economics and former CBN governor)

Oby Ezekwesili (World Bank Vice president)

Cosmas Maduka (CEO Coscharis Group of Companies)

Cletus Ibeto (CEO Ibeto Group of Companies)

Emeka Offor (CEO Chrome Oil, Controls majority of oil explorations in Sao Tome and Principe)

Mikel Obi (Chelsea and Nigerian football star)

P square (Popular musicians)

Ben Enweonwu (Renowned professor of Fine Arts)

Pius Okigbo (renowned economist, was 1st Nigerian economic adviser to the Federal Government of Nigeria. He released the Okigbo report indicting IBB of the mismanagement of $12.4b oil windfall)

Chuba Okadigbo (most eloquent senate president Nigeria has ever had)

Jerome Udoji (Former president of the NSE and MAN)

Cyprian Ekwensi (renowned novelist)

Osita Osadebe (Highlife maestro)

Oliver de Coque (Highlife Maestro)

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye  (black Africa's first PhD in Radio Astronomy who along with Anthony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star)

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Ray (1st black artist to officially paint the portrait of the Queen)

Amobi Okoye (Youngest American football player to play in the NFL)

Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna (1st black African to win a gold medal in an international games competition; winning gold in high jump at the 1954 Commonwealth games)

Innocent Chukwuma (CEO Innoson Group of Companies; owner of the first private automobile muanufacturing company in Nigeria)

Chukwuemeka Ezeife (Harvard trained economist, former Economic adviser to the president of Uganda and former governor of Anambra state)

Sir Louis Mbanefo (Legal luminary Justice at the World court; ICJ)

Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor (appointed in 2008 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping Operations)

MCK Ajuluchukwu ( a nationalist, anti-colonial fighter and first republic law-maker)

Edwin Ume Ezeoke (former speaker of the Federal house of representative)

Chief Mike Okpala aka Power Mike (Undefeated World Heavyweight wrestling champion)

etc (I don tire, will add more tomorrow)

3 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by EkoIle1: 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2013
^^^^^^^Spamming with rubbish don begin..

lmao
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless:

Merit my foot! How come the best students who sit for Common Entance, and WAEC always come from Southwestern States? Personally I don't rate Nigerian colleges but the best colleges are located in the southwest also; UNILAG, OAU, UI, UNI ILORIN,.......... then UNN. In 2003, I tried to help a girlfriend of mine to study at University of North Carolina at Greensboro, suprisingly the school refused to accept her transcripts because she was a student at UNICAL. UNCG let her know they only had three schools on the list of schools in Nigeria that they accept their transcripts. The three schools happened to be OAU, UNILAG and UI.

It might also interest you to know that majority of those students of South East origin who perform very well in common entrance, SSCE and JAMB exams do not live in the South East. Most of them actually live in Lagos and Abuja. So, we can deduce that they are taking advantage of the better education facilities in their host communities more than the locals like the Indians are doing in UK.

1 Like

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile: ^^^^^^^Spamming with rubbish don begin..

lmao
What else can you say when your state can only dream of such a squad.

1 Like

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by EkoIle1: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

It might also interest you to know that majority of those students of South East origin who perform very well in common entrance, SSCE and JAMB exams do not live in the South East. Most of them actually live in Lagos and Abuja. So, we can deduce that they are taking advantage of the better education facilities in their host communities more than the locals like the Indians are doing in UK.

Let's just buy your bogus claim for a second. Of what use are is the above since their villages can not provided or support them economically after graduation?

They end up migrating outside your villages for a better life elsewhere and mostly SW right?

Dude, quoting bogus and irrelevant stats is your smallest worries and the cruel joke is on you and your decaying villages..
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by ujoinme: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

lmao...

They obviously walk on their brains hence the upside down absurdities that comes out of their mouth..
You thought that photo journalism was the exclusive right of ACN/ACP laptop dogs. what goes around comes around am going to enjoy this.

6 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
Payless,

also remember that when things were done on merit, the first VC of the first University in the SW ie UI was an Igbo man; Prof. Kenneth Dike and when the 2nd SW Uni, UNILAG came on board, only an Igbo man was qualified to head it; Prof. Eni Njoku.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by EkoIle1: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
ujoinme:
You thought that photo journalism was the exclusive right of ACN/ACP laptop dogs. what goes around comes around am going to enjoy this.

This is why I don't like you villagers quoting me, you hardly make sense..
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

This is from my state alone, Abambra. List yours;

ANAMBRA (modified and reloaded)

ANAMBRA STATE

Nnamdi Azikiwe (1st Nigerian Governor-general and first president of Nigeria  and historically, the only man whose name appeared in the Constitution of his country (Nigeria's Republican Constitution of 1963))

Nwafor Orizu (1st senate president of the Federal republic of Nigeria and first Acting presidentof the federation)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi (1st Nigerian professor of Mathematics)

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Eugene Akosa Keazor (Former Nigerian police officer in the colonial years who held the most senior police rank ever held by an African in the British colony)

Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st graduate to enlist in the Nigerian army and leader of the defunct Republic of Biafra)

Chinua Achebe (1st African writer whose books are standard curricula in schools and universities across the world)

Emeka Anyaoku (1st black  secretary-general of the commonwealth )

Alex Ekwueme (1st executive vice president of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria)

F. C. Nwokedi (1st Nigerian Permanent Secretary)

Chimamanda Adichie (famous writer who won the Orange Prize for Fiction (2007) and a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship (2008))

Cardinal Arinze (Cardinal at the vatican who was in contest to succeed the late Pope John Paul II)

Philip Emeagwali (winner of the Gordon Bell prize in super computing)

Dora Akunyili (Former NAFDAC Boss who rid the Nation of fake and counterfeit drugs)

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo (Renowned professor of Economics and former CBN governor)

Oby Ezekwesili (World Bank Vice president)

Cosmas Maduka (CEO Coscharis Group of Companies)

Cletus Ibeto (CEO Ibeto Group of Companies)

Emeka Offor (CEO Chrome Oil, Controls majority of oil explorations in Sao Tome and Principe)

Mikel Obi (Chelsea and Nigerian football star)

P square (Popular musicians)

Ben Enweonwu (Renowned professor of Fine Arts)

Pius Okigbo (renowned economist, was 1st Nigerian economic adviser to the Federal Government of Nigeria. He released the Okigbo report indicting IBB of the mismanagement of $12.4b oil windfall)

Chuba Okadigbo (most eloquent senate president Nigeria has ever had)

Jerome Udoji (Former president of the NSE and MAN)

Cyprian Ekwensi (renowned novelist)

Osita Osadebe (Highlife maestro)

Oliver de Coque (Highlife Maestro)

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye  (black Africa's first PhD in Radio Astronomy who along with Anthony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star)

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Ray (1st black artist to officially paint the portrait of the Queen)

Amobi Okoye (Youngest American football player to play in the NFL)

Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna (1st black African to win a gold medal in an international games competition; winning gold in high jump at the 1954 Commonwealth games)

Innocent Chukwuma (CEO Innoson Group of Companies; owner of the first private automobile muanufacturing company in Nigeria)

Chukwuemeka Ezeife (Harvard trained economist, former Economic adviser to the president of Uganda and former governor of Anambra state)

Sir Louis Mbanefo (Legal luminary Justice at the World court; ICJ)

Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor (appointed in 2008 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping Operations)

MCK Ajuluchukwu ( a nationalist, anti-colonial fighter and first republic law-maker)

Edwin Ume Ezeoke (former speaker of the Federal house of representative)

Chief Mike Okpala aka Power Mike (Undefeated World Heavyweight wrestling champion)

etc (I don tire, will add more tomorrow)

The list shows how small and narrow minded of a person you are. You did not list a single soul from Anambra closed to being Nigerian President. Great Nigerians comes from all works of lives. To you, it is Anambra first and everybody else second. I don't want to get into back and forth with you because I believe there are pioneers in every Nigerian states. I could list 40 names from Ogun, 30 from Lagos, 30 from Imo, 20 from Kano 30 from ondo, 30 from Ekiti and so on. Brilliant minds can be found in every corners of Nigeria; even from Katsina.
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by anonimi: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
234GT: Amosun should renovate these schools and many others in Ogun state instead of building new model schools. It is simply common sense.
Why build mega schools with billions of naira, when you can simply spend wisely by renovating existing schools which are in terrible conditions?

Our leaders obviously do not think that way.
Probably they have their brains in between their legs.
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by ujoinme: 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
The chicken have come home to roost Eko ole post pictures of your paymasters schools here let the forum see!lol
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by KayEnn(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
And why is this not in the front page?...MODs

3 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

The bold part of your statement above clearly shows that you are either a teenager or your brain cells are fast degenerating. PDP never governed any south west state for 8 years. They were only in office from 2003-2007. Get your facts right before posting.

shocked shocked shocked Gbenga Daniel
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by anonimi: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
KayEnn: And why is this not in the front page?...MODs

Good question.
Mods over to you.
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by ujoinme: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

Yes I didnt think you would enjoy it.Because the truth is bitter and only the brave have the courage to stomach it. You my friend are a coward so thats why you cant stand a dose of your medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless:

The list shows how small and narrow minded of a person you are. You did not list a single soul from Anambra closed to being Nigerian President. Great Nigerians comes from all works of lives. To you, it is Anambra first and everybody else second. I don't want to get into back and forth with you because I believe there are pioneers in every Nigerian states. I could list 40 names from Ogun, 30 from Lagos, 30 from Imo, 20 from Kano 30 from ondo, 30 from Ekiti and so on. Brilliant minds can be found in every corners of Nigeria; even from Katsina.

I'd take this to mean you throwing in the towel. No hard feeling bro. If not for the madness of January 15th 1966 and the subsequent civil war, the Igbos would have been dominating every facet of human endeavour in Nigeria which would have honestly been bad though.

That's why the wise man Awo cleverly used the opportunity of the civil war to reduce the Igbos to zero economically but thank God things have reversed and we are in top gear now.

3 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by amarilo: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
[quote author=payless]

The list shows how small and narrow minded of a person you are. You did not list a single soul from Anambra closed to being Nigerian President. [quote] If being the president is all that shitt then Bayelsa and Yaradua state is better than Anambra and Lagos
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by remarkD(m): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
FYI its you and your gang that are, in your customary ways, telling a lie on this thread over and over again... (even after being corrected... but when tribalism and hate fills y'all the way it has, you become blind to truth and facts, even when stated with references).

PDP was in the south-west for only 4 years; save for Lagos - which as earlier mentioned, has not been ruled by the PDP since 1999.

This is something you can find in less than 5 minutes by searching on the internet...

but lieing is your preference, lies that you say are 'facts' ... some of y'all know it is a lie, but go ahead to spin it and spread it anyways, that is the one I cant seem to understand, I only wonder the amount of darkness in you guys' hearts.

Anyways, I have stated it here and hope that any one in the future genuinely looking for information related to the topic of thread will not be deceived.

So carry on lieing.. repeat it over and over again, tell it to your children etc and even the media as y'all did in the past will be used to spread lies that is solely aimed at shifting the lame to others, pointing at other ethnic groups, people or as in this case, a political group... but puts wonderful ACN as angels... holy indeed.

Continue on Gary... you wont be the 1st to lie... cheesy
Garri the 1st: I dey laff ooo.

So the OP and his gang don't know that PDP's years of ruling in the SW destroyed and took the region decades backward...

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by EkoIle1: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
ujoinme:
Yes I didnt think you would enjoy it.Because the truth is bitter and only the brave have the courage to stomach it. You my friend are a coward so i thats why you cant stand a dose of your medicine.

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I'd take this to mean you throwing in the towel.

Never! I wouldn't do what I accused you of doing by going down to your level. I am not narrow minded like you. I understand why many Igbos believe people from Anambra are very arrogant and narrow minded. You believe you are better than everyone else. But it is the opposite. Aren't you ashmed that if you were that samrt as you claimed, you should have used your brain and produced a President?
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by EkoIle1: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
remark D: FYI its you and your gang that are, in your customary ways, telling a lie on this thread over and over again... (even after being corrected... but when tribalism and hate fills y'all the way it has, you become blind to truth and facts, even when stated with references).

PDP was in the south-west for only 4 years; save for Lagos - which as earlier mentioned, has not been ruled by the PDP since 1999.

Governor of Ogun State
In office
May 29, 2003 – May 2011
Preceded by Olusegun Osoba
Succeeded by Ibikunle Amosun

Do you illiterates know how to count or even go school sef...?

1 Like

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by amarilo: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:
Hahahaha but you like showing the village schools. Well if you can't take the heat fok off the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by EkoIle1: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
amarilo: Hahahaha but you like showing the village schools. Well if you can't take the heat fok off the kitchen.

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by amarilo: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

Hahahaha but you like showing the village schools. Well if you can't take the heat fok off the kitchen.
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
payless:

Never! I wouldn't do what I accused you of doing by going down to your level. I am not narrow minded like you. I understand why many Igbos believe people from Anambra are very arrogant and narrow minded. You believe you are better than everyone else. But it is the opposite. Aren't you ashmed that if you were that samrt as you claimed, you should have used your brain and produced a President?

Well said, why not counter other points I posted instead of dwelling more on a list which you apparently can not counter with an opposing list.
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

EKO_OLE, you are wanted here; https://www.nairaland.com/1333598/fasola-schools-lagos

1 Like

Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Meanwhile, why is it that when merit is used instead of quota and federal character, the South Westerners don't come anyway near especially outside the shores of Nigeria?

@ the bolded - how do you mean?

Are you sure you want to debate this? undecided
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by ujoinme: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2013
EKO OLE by the way you suck at your job. The hack job you were trying to do in akwa ibom pales in comparisim to these thread and what FSU is doing. Note these guys are not paid to do these they are just normal nairalanders who are feed up with you ACN clowns.

You need to go back to the drawing board cos all the your worst pictures of schools, hospitals, water works in akwa ibom that you posted is 1000 times better that amosun and fashola schools.

Your paymasters should demand a refund of their money
Re: Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State by EkoIle1: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

EKO_OLE, you are wanted here; https://www.nairaland.com/1333598/fasola-schools-lagos

Sorry, I can't be bothered with all the village trolls on NL..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Only Exists On Twitter And Whatsapp - Festus Keyamo / Chibok Girls : We Are Not Against Third Party Dialogue – Jonathan / Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.