Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,967 members, 7,909,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 09:13 AM

Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (52085 Views)

Photos Of The PDP Senators Who Walked Out Because Of Amaechi / Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Trial Today (photos) / Names Of Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Yesterday....... [29 In All] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by salt1: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
Abujabir24: Nairalanders or should I say Nigerians. I don't you people's problem. please tell me which do you prefer? a girl between 13 and 18 constantly committing fornication with countless men, throwing away her dignity or that same girl getting married to just one man keeping her dignity? some of you here would love to sleep with underage girls courtesy of the sex threads by our corners or those who have served already. It's better for a girl to get married at an early age than her to get deflowered by some bunch of bastards.
I would've been surprised if you reasoned differently.
What dignity does a 14year old, poor, uneducated, kunu-selling, vvf-infested, married and divorced girl have? Can't you see that it is just a viciuos circle of poverty, illiteracy and disease that is being recycled?
Why do I share the same country with people who reason like you? What is the Northern man's obsession with the woman? Don't they think of any other thing?

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by ddeola: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
Paedophiles ! Shameless ignoramuses that people have elected , what a pity

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by meforyou1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
If this were a good lwa, why did no woman senator vote for it? Well, it's constitutional amendament shaa. Still have to go to the house of reps and the 36 states of assembly
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
catch_cold: The Edo state senator on the list is a disgrace.
Edo north re Muslim.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Rajosh(m): 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Igwe OO:

Shebi them go happy when there daughter marries at such under age?

#This is crazy. I dont support it one bit.
must you quote the whole story before commenting?
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by SamAfrik(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote author=dayokanu][size=14pt]ACN is always ahead.

No single ACN Senator voted this.

Thanks Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for giving us ACN[/size]
^^^The appreciatn shd b for him giving us somebody (ACN) that sensible enough to make d list public.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Productivity: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Red_Card: They are just planning on taking over the teenage girls around. Period! A 12years old girl should go into marriage if she wants and 2 male adults who loves and admire each other shouldn't get married? Nigeria is just too slow and sick-minded.
Red_Card: They are just planning on taking over the teenage girls around. Period! A 12years old girl should go into marriage if she wants and 2 male adults who loves and admire each other shouldn't get married? Nigeria is just too slow and sick-minded.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Klinee: 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
devilish animal!! Gay is evil act!!!
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
The imam of nairaland don delete my message to am
Maclatunji if you don't come out in strong language to denounce this pedophilia I will demand that you and Mukina stop any Islamic feel good topics from gracing the front page
Seun should know that no perverted religion should be promoted by nairaland

[size=14pt]If all the loud mouthed Muslims and those that want to shove islamic goodness down our throats don't come out enmasse to dissociate themselves from this ill,you have no right to sanction or ban anyone who declares from now on that Islam is a religion of pervs[/size]
This is your opportunity to denounce and silence is all I see

7 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by kinharold(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
These shameless Senators belong to the politics hall of shame! Approving underage marriage is absolutely disgusting and repugnant. Tufiakwa.

Regarding marriage (which is the major bone of contention here), naturally/biologically a lady is fully mature for childbirth even before the 18 years "adult" mark. The 18 years mark for adulthood that we rely on today was fixed by the same lawmakers. As Christians the Bible/God didnt give any clear instruction regarding age for marriage or maturity unlike in Islam.

While the issue is critical and regrettable, let me ask please. (For seek of objective discussion)

Who is it that determines when somebody is under-aged?
What is the criteria used in determining that someone is underage.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by 2HASUM(m): 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Compliance: Can't imagine underage marriage...even a senetor from ondo...hislahm is bleeped, u need hislahm to be a terrorist...u need it to think irrationally too.dark spot headed fools.
@COMPLIANCE However you want to look at it, these folks are better than you modern slaves who will take your first fruits and 10% to your worldly masters under whatever delusion, and note that most of your brainwashed female folks are beyond menopause no thanks to the sectarianism among you. I will only pity your off-springs who will remain in this web of deceit for ages to come unless of course the scandals of your pakisitors raping underage choir members and sleeping with members' wives become common knowledge to prevail on the elect among you to scram for hislahm for rescue
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
kinharold:

Regarding marriage (which is the major bone of contention here), naturally/biologically a lady is fully mature for childbirth even before the 18 years "adult" mark. The 18 years mark for adulthood that we rely on today was fixed by the same lawmakers. As Christians the Bible/God didnt give any clear instruction regarding age for marriage or maturity unlike in Islam.

While the issue is critical and regrettable, let me ask please. (For seek of objective discussion)

So what age is ripe for your dirty fingers and god forsaken blokosses you pervs
Does a 9,12 or 13 year old belong on your bed or in a classroom
Cursed souls
Mohammed your prophet married a 6 yr old and deflowered her at 9,where do u suppose we peg the age?
6?
The world is watching and be holding the ill in you lot
After Ramadan fasting you go and climb little underaged babies in the name of marriage
I am a woman and this makes me very sick

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Klinee: 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju: Wow!!

So many Baby Fuckers in the North... shocked

Consenting Gay Adults fvcking = 14years in Prison,

Grown men fvck Minors of 13yrs and below = Federal Marriage certificate!
grin..

Nigeria... Behold your hypocrisy..
senseles fool like u.y ar u comparing dis with gay.Gay is evil act!!! I don't support underage marriage.bt instead of me to support gay,i wil far far far support yarima and co.Gay is devilish.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by bokohalal(m): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
I prefer Gay marriage to Underage marriage. The Swinate should go ahead and legalise that, too.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
kinharold:

Just when I thought that they have crept back into their holes, they come out again? In your biology, a 13yo is "FULLY MATURE" for child bearing abi? If I call you anuofia now, they will ban me..

How about you go give your new born child to Sen Yerima since you're looking for def of underage...nama.

6 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by babyhrt(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
This same north Nigeria dat is taking d whole country back into d medievial age r d people Amaewchi is teaming up wit to fight his brother...smh

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Biggyd2: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Some people just need to be castrated, period! angry
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by saolab: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
I would hv mk a comment, but na BOKO HARAM senetors FOOL dere. So passin wit high speed!
90% of those senetors were PDP,which means bh were pdp.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
No be today. Go to the north and you'll see 30years old grand parents. I've seen a 17years old mother of 3 and the husband was only 21. What do you expect in a society where most children are not in school? They get married at a tender age when they should be in school.
By the way, I see no correlation between this amendment and legalizing underage marriage.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
SO THE LATEST DEVELOPMENT IN THE HEADS OF SOME NAIJA SENATORS NA TO DEY YANSH UNDERAGE CONGOS...... Loooooord have mercy. grin

....BUT NA WA FOR NAIJA SHA grin grin grin
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Dibiachukwu: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by cosify: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
First, i am not surprised because 33 out of d 35 senators were from d North whose religious law supports underage marriage. Second:The issue of underage marriage should b left for States Houses of Assembly to deliberate upon and reach conclusions.I trust dat most if not all Southern states will not pass it into law.The North or Islam should not rule Nigeria on such a sensitive issue.It is tarnishing our image abroad.Here lies d clear-cut difference between d largely muslim North and d largely christian South.This issue somehow re-echoes and re-emphasises d undesirability of d amalgamation of 1914. To an extent, it proves right ,d assertion of critics and cynics that Nigeria is d lumping of strange bedfellows who can hardly survive d task of nationhood.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by mediachirps(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
bunch of fools getting paid for doing nothing. planning on how to use their old conji blood to defile kids in the name of Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Solozzo(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
I think there is misunderstanding here. The law was not about the limit to the age of marriage but about empowering married women to be able to partake in activities such as renouncing citizenship. When you talk about underage marriage you must define it clearly by stating the age of marriage. That law possibly assumed 16years for marriage which legally is not underage. This empowers such women with same rights of adults.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
But why are these animals disgracing this country every now & then, making the country worthless in the outside world. Nigeria is now becoming a prohibited nation among other nations of the world. Now tell me, is this what we've sent u there to do? To vote for underage marriage when there are other crucial issues to discuss? Majority of the populace still live in abject poverty, high rate of terrorism and the rest, those ones are no points to discuss about right? Nawa o.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by pbling: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
d nort can neva tink of tins 2 improve d nation,am nt surprise wen d senate also dont hv anitin 2 delibrate dey delibrate on useless issue.9ja notin new 4 our ear

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by biafranqueen: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Okija_juju: Wow!!

So many Baby Abusers in the North... shocked

Consenting Gay Adults fvcking = 14years in Prison,

And when I pointed this fact out to Mr.Pagan when he was claiming that other tribal women were all prostitutes I was banned from the tread

Grown men fvck Minors of 13yrs and below = Federal Marriage certificate!
grin..

Nigeria... Behold your hypocrisy..
And when I pointed this fact out to Mr.Pagan when he was claiming that all women in Nigeria except his tribe, were prostitutes I was banned from the tread..so be carefuloo
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by emmahoney(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Our leaders like anything under but not super!! something like underdevelop, underage,under employment etc.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
kinharold:

I support you even 13 is too old. Lets reduce it to 2.

As soon as girls are able to walk they are ready to get married. Her first step should be in her fathers house, second step in her husbands house

Young Amaria. praise the Lord

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Ferdinandu(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
They were swift in passing 14yrs jail term for homo sexual marriage.But an abomination which is supposed to carry double the jail term of homo sexual marriage,they legalise it because one animal among them is already guilty of the crime. Gosh i detest this country because of too much hypocrisy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Fayose Buys Handicapped Woman A Wheelchair (Photos) / Remi Tinubu Watches And Celebrates Super Falcons Win Against Australia (Video) / Buratai's Son Weds Today In Yobe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.