Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,427 members, 7,944,122 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (52155 Views)

Photos Of The PDP Senators Who Walked Out Because Of Amaechi / Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Trial Today (photos) / Names Of Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Yesterday....... [29 In All] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by biafranqueen: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
13 embarassed embarassed embarassed even when I was married in my early 20's I was so immature thank God my husband had so many sisters to know how to handle me with patience. So now they are openly proving how they operate. Please don't get tribal on this issue. Politicians in all the states are into this devilish act of dating young babies of 15 and 16 some may be younger who knows. They were just too coward to come out in the open. We all know these cult men prey on young bodies lets stop pretending otherwise. Poverty and materialism mostly push these girls into this sexual slavery!

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Bobbynor(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
My people in Nairaland, how l wish these idiots are reading these comments. They would realised that mass revolution in this country is around the corner. That is what they are going there to represnt, carrying small girls here and there. Don,t worry whatever goes round will always come round
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by TruthTella(m): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
Islam disgusts me. Dirty pedophyle religion.
I support what babyosisi said before, if Islam is a religion that encourages child r a p e all in the name of following the footsteps of muhamed then Seun has to put a stop to islamic topics making front page. If he doesn't do this then nairaland will be taken as a website that propagates pedophylia (islam).

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by abdulkayus(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
If u cannot condem d under age prostitution, pregnancy and abortion and havin sex up and down, u dont hav d right to condem underage marriage.
Moreover, many ppl here misunderstood d amendment of d law.
And who define an underage and who set d law dat a gal must be 18 b4 she get married, is it nt some ppl dat set dat law dat we all follow like sheep. In olden days, doesnt our fore fathers and mother married b4 18 years. Abeg make una shift jor. Even in some European, its 16 nt 18.
Although, to me, i dont support marriage of a girl who is nt develop sexually or witout her consent. And in Islam, a marriage wit out d consent of d lady is void.
Peace upon u all
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by TruthTella(m): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
abdulkayus:
And who define an underage and who set d law dat a gal must be 18 b4 she get married, is it nt some ppl dat set dat law dat we all follow like sheep. In olden days, doesnt our fore fathers and mother married b4 18 years. Abeg make una shift jor. Even in some European, its 16 nt 18.
Although, to me, i dont support marriage of a girl who is nt develop sexually or witout her consent. And in Islam, a marriage wit out d consent of d lady is void.
Peace upon u all
Shove your 'peace' up your a s s. Your prophet married a little girl of 6years and slept with her at 9years of age. That means marrying underage girls without their consent is allowed in islam.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Wsdm: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
What is all these abuse about? Must one share thesame opinion with you. How many girls from the regions of those abusing these senators crosses 16 without losing her virginity willingly or gang rapped?
There are so many atrocities going on as laws of the land without any body raising an eyebrow.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by hassey(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
on a neutral ground, i beliv maturity of a girl is nt by d age she as attain but but her mentruation. Lets take d statistics. Bin it south, west or north, am sure u will all agree wit me dat majority of d gurls dat bleap ds days ar less dan 18yrs of age. I beliv it will b beter in marriage dan d sort of live most of our young girls live ds days. Also am very is nt written in any of d holy books bin it bible or quran, d age a girl shud attain b4 marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by horlabiyi(m): 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
They Should Take All These People To Yabaleft.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by BabaTony: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
I thought there are 109 senators. There are about thirty something on that list. How did this bill pass? angry angry angry
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by wordcat(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ubiaja man, Senator Ugbesia voted 4 an underage marriage

This man don fall his people hand full time.!
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Tinyemeka(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
When you have actual paedophiles sitting in the senate, then something is abominably wrong with this contraption called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by kinharold(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Just when I thought that they have crept back into their holes, they come out again? In your biology, a 13yo is "FULLY MATURE" for child bearing abi? If I call you anuofia now, they will ban me..

How about you go give your new born child to Sen Yerima since you're looking for def of underage...nama.

So what age is ripe for your dirty fingers and god forsaken blokosses you pervs
Does a 9,12 or 13 year old belong on your bed or in a classroom
Cursed souls
Mohammed your prophet married a 6 yr old and deflowered her at 9,where do u suppose we peg the age?
6?
The world is watching and be holding the ill in you lot
After Ramadan fasting you go and climb little underaged babies in the name of marriage
I am a woman and this makes me very sick

When I wrote the post I was careful to ask for "objective discussion" unfortunately with the high level of lead filled brains and intellectual low lives we now have here on Nairaland, that are blinded with emotional sentiments, it is obvious that that is too much to ask for.

For your info: I am a minister in my church and the youth leader, with about 300 youths under my able leadership. The question I asked is a very critical question that has been asked several times by several youths/teenagers, Pastors and particularly Female Pastors that counsel these teenagers.

Simply answer me as a Christian(Aside the senate and their misguided vote): WHAT IS THE AGE FOR MARRIAGE IN CHRISTIANITY?, HOW DO YOU DETERMINE UNDERAGE. (I ddnt mention 6, 9, or any age at that)

These are questions we should all be ready to answer for us to be able to speak well against the Senate on this and be able to answer/guild the teenagers when the issue comes up.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by dozymars(m): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
What these northern leaders fail to realise is that any law in the name of religion that they allow affects them, their children and the people of the north.

They allowed almanjeri -these has caused mass illiteracy, violence, poverty in the northern .
They allowed boko haram to reign- we all know what the result is and what it has led to.
And now, the marriage to underage girls. This will only back fire on them.
The people of the north need to call their leaders to order other wise they will experience the negative effect in the northern society.
The problem of the north is not religion interpretation
The problem is the leaders, the northern leaders.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Chaclaitmilk(m): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
What imbecility. Pedphilia is mental illness
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by IYANGBALI: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan (Jigawa South West, PDP)

2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)

3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)

4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)

5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)

6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)

7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)

8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)

9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)

10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)

11. Sen. Danjuma Goje Mohammed (Gombe Central, PDP)

12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)

13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)

14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)

15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)

16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)

17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)

18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)

19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)

20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)

21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)

22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)

23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)

24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)

25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)

26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)

27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)

28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)

29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)

30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)

31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)

32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)

33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)

34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)

35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)

LIST OF UNDISTINGUISHED HEDIOTS THAT LOVE UNDER AGED CUN_TS IN NIGERIA
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by chinjo(m): 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
Odion Ugbesia i am totally disappointed to have u as the person representing my constituency at the senate. U are a disgrace to all Esan and Edo sons and daughters in general

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by IYANGBALI: 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
BabaTony: I thought there are 109 senators. There are about thirty something on that list. How did this bill pass? angry angry angry
na wuruwuru to the answer moreover this is naija where anything goes
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
Chaclaitmilk:
^You can't fool anyone here, we know You are a muslim pretending to be a christian. Minister ko, minister ni.
Pedoph.ile worshiper.

d guy thinks Jesus na the same with Mohammed ....abeg dont mind those people with their FAKE religion..

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by deb(m): 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
Revolution to wipe out Nigerian politicians is actually nearer than we imagine. I could just smell that.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by IYANGBALI: 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
abdulkayus: If u cannot condem d under age prostitution, pregnancy and abortion and havin sex up and down, u dont hav d right to condem underage marriage.
Moreover, many ppl here misunderstood d amendment of d law.
Peace upon u all
abeg carry your submissions and yeye peace away from here. Useless people
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by successking: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
I've said it over and over again, they won't escape revolution.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by IYANGBALI: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
MizEmerald: Dat idiot from ondo will come back home and meet us
when he comes back make una cut him brokos
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
kinharold:

When I wrote the post I was careful to ask for "objective discussion" unfortunately with the high level of lead filled brains and intellectual low lives we now have here on Nairaland, that are blinded with emotional sentiments, it is obvious that that is too much to ask for.

For your info: I am a minister in my church and the youth leader, with about 300 youths under my able leadership. The question I asked is a very critical question that has been asked several times by several youths/teenagers, Pastors and particularly Female Pastors that counsel these teenagers.

Simply answer me as a Christian(Aside the senate and their misguided vote): WHAT IS THE AGE FOR MARRIAGE IN CHRISTIANITY?, HOW DO YOU DETERMINE UNDERAGE. (I ddnt mention 6, 9, or any age at that)

These are questions we should all be ready to answer for us to be able to speak well against the Senate on this and be able to answer/guild the teenagers when the issue comes up.

Who is fooling who? You want to have "an objective discussion" on pedophilia and its cultural/social acceptance? Three words - YOU ARE SICK.

If you're a minister in a church? LOL, we're to believe you right? Please look for who to pull that wool over their eyes, not mine. I can see right through you.

The Bible doesn't specify ANY age for marriage but the Bible does make several references to a "WOMAN" being with her husband. It did not say teen or underage children, it said WOMAN. Was Eve underage?

Doesn't the Bible speak on further as marriage as the unification of a man/woman coming together as ONE? Where did you see underage girl as a woman? A 12yo girl that has yet to undergo womanhood - biologically, physically, mentally and everything, she isn't prepared for womanhood and you're here justifying that nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by tomakint: 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
I still can't believe Ayo Akinyelure can be this daft to be registered among those Almajiris! This is sad and shocking.....a whole Ondo man for that matter!
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by tomakint: 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
BabaTony: I thought there are 109 senators. There are about thirty something on that list. How did this bill pass? angry angry angry
It will pass because not all the 109 Senators were present to cast their votes and even out of those present, few did not partake in the voting exercise!
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by ALISMILE(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
catch_cold: The Edo state senator on the list is a disgrace.
who is the disgrace here?him who took a position or you who does not believe anoda man should ve a stand.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Amee1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
That was a good move by our senators. Mary born jesus when she was 14yr or 16yr. 20B.C 4B.C or 6B.C read bible carefuly. Do u expect a muslim 2 marry a girl who slept with many men? 99% of our graduate are not vagin HIV+. We believe in qur'an not man made law that is constitution-
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by ALISMILE(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
For God's sake why cant christians just let muslims be and stop criticisin their religion.Christians practice ur beautiful religion and allow muslims to practice their. Freedom of belief.
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
ALISMILE: For God's sake why cant christians just let muslims be and stop criticisin their religion.Christians practice ur beautiful religion and allow muslims to practice their. Freedom of belief.

Arrant NONSENSE.

Who's holding them from not practicing what they believe in? When the Northern states decided to pass their Sharia Law, did Christians revolt? Christians have every right to revolt when it's debated on the floor of the National Assembly, Nigerians will not accept such nonsense incorporated into their bills and laws governing the country.

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
ALISMILE: For God's sake why cant christians just let muslims be and stop criticisin their religion.Christians practice ur beautiful religion and allow muslims to practice their. Freedom of belief.

but NOT in this case!
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by Easy1401(m): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Bunch of useless and shameless people u want to spoil the life of teenagers with ur useless islamic law. Dat useless yerima was d 1 dat implement sharia law in the north so is d father of Bokoharam. Mind u u can't islamise Nig because Nig is nt meant for musilm only its belongs 2 all so zerooo ur mind....
Re: Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. by manny4life(m): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Amee1: That was a good move by our senators. Mary born jesus when she was 14yr or 16yr. 20B.C 4B.C or 6B.C read bible carefuly. Do u expect a muslim 2 marry a girl who slept with many men? 99% of our graduate are not vagin HIV+. We believe in qur'an not man made law that is constitution-

Lol, you're not even sure of the age--- Propaganda at its finest. How about you tell us where it said in the Bible that Mary birthed Jesus at 14/16yo?

STOP USING THE BIBLE TO JUSTIFY YOUR PEDOPHILIA

But same Muslim men sleep around with prostitutes? Even their daughters and Nieces, aunts etc are high class prostitutes? Ask Sen. Yerima how old his daughter was when she got married, AND IF, she had pre-marital sex before marriage...shioor

In whatever you believe in is your problem, don't bring such nonsense before the National Assembly, go back to your Sharia states and practice it. If that's too much for you, tell your senators to support a bill that will split Northern Nigeria away from Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report / See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos / ACP Egbe Eko Edum Killed In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.