Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,714 members, 7,914,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:49 PM

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (52701 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit Is Not About Speaking Gibberish / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Science4me(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
The poster of this topic should go back and pray for forgiveness. He has gone against the Holy Spirit. We know of people who speak non-sense which they call speakin in tongue and Satan also have is own version of it. The speaking in tongue is only understood by God and sometimes the speaker even Satan does not understand it. If you say speaking in tongue is another language you dont understand then it means satan hears what you speak and can block your prayer. When we speak in tongue we confuse the Kingdom of Darkness... My dear fellow Christians, this is all signs of endtime. MARANATHA
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by nokingasgod: 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino: help me tell him

Dem no go hear, oversabi don dabaru dem senses so tayyyyyy dem dey fellowship unconsciously wit Lucifer dem no know.

To say yarning in tongues dey dat important to mankind Oga Jesus for mention am, himsef for yarn am die,abi him forget?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
MrBible: 2 Timothy 4:3
3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

It seems today's itchy ears loves hearing these 'ra ka sham ba ro ko so to' in churches today.

Yeah... and when someone tells them to test the spirit they will come with their canal minds talk against you.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
Science4me: The poster of this topic should go back and pray for forgiveness. He has gone against the Holy Spirit. We know of people who speak non-sense which they call speakin in tongue and Satan also have is own version of it. The speaking in tongue is only understood by God and sometimes the speaker even Satan does not understand it. If you say speaking in tongue is another language you dont understand then it means satan hears what you speak and can block your prayer. When we speak in tongue we confuse the Kingdom of Darkness... My dear fellow Christians, this is all signs of endtime. MARANATHA

If it is only understood By God how do you know what you are telling God... that is the question.. if i ask you what you prayed about could you be able to say?

thats the problem here...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Goshen360(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

ok when you ready... lol smiley
I will talk to ijawkid because for once we will be on same side... lmao even frosbel is on my side on this... hahahaha

It doesn't matter who is on the side of who. I will question what you teach and you will question what I teach USING SCRIPTURES...in a step by step approach.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

It doesn't matter who is on the side of who. I will question what you teach and you will question what I teach USING SCRIPTURES...in a step by step approach.

am in bro... we shall look in to the full context..
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Goshen360(m): 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

am in bro... we shall look in to the full context..

Okay. God bless you.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by nokingasgod: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135: EOD;
The reason why the Op is against this is because he and some of his proponents are not baptized in the Holy Spirit. Only those who experience it knows the benefiti.
#finito!

All hail the Nigerian Pharisee!
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

Yeah... and when someone tells them to test the spirit they will come with their canal minds talk against you.

Thank God that we the 'Elect' cannot be deceived by these 'ra ka sham ba ro ko so to' speaking Christians we have today.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by trolling(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
lynpetra: Speaking in tongues ke? Some pentecostal churches has turned it into a joke! ;DI find it funny that people would make up gibberish noises all in the name of praying.whats is robobooo ski ribs babagi baba shererebebebebe....., grin grin grin.Remembered few years ago when my mom called a MOD to pray for me,after 2 minutes, he stopped and asked me"how many demons do you have in your head",I replied "24"(in my innocence) grin grin grin,the man started speaking in tongues while he bathed me with algae filled saliva.All the while I opened one of eyes as I watch him pour out venom on my beautiful face( fearing I would contract eczema).This speaking in tongues lasted for over an hour before he finally asked me in a tired mood"how many demons is left?",innocently I said "24" grin grin ;Dagain but I later replied almost immediately,"uncle two don comot!" when I noticed how tired he was grin grin grin grin cheesy grin and then there was 22 remaining.... grin

Anytime I discuss this with my mom today,she would just cry her eyes off in laughter!!!!robobo ko! Skiribiribi ni! Biko kwa !!! grin cheesy cheesy
that was hilarious don't mind those fake Christians they don't know what they worship, we Jews know what we worship and salvation is of the Jews the house of Judah
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
@op try and read Roman 8:26
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by nokingasgod: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
Prince adebayo: you cant be comparing spiritual language or things with the languages or things of this world

Afterall we are in the 21st Century, the Bible is long overdue for re-writing especially as we Nigerians are the holiest people on the face of the earth with better understanding of the Godhead.
Ignoramuses!
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Lovine: 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
The poster of this topic should go back and pray for forgiveness. He has gone against the Holy Spirit. We know of people who speak non-sense which they call speakin in tongue and Satan also have is own version of it. The speaking in tongue is only understood by God and sometimes the speaker even Satan does not understand it. If you say speaking in tongue is another language you dont understand then it means satan hears what you speak and can block your prayer. When we speak in tongue we confuse the Kingdom of Darkness... My dear fellow Christians, this is all signs of endtime. MARANATHA

Very surprised to hear this that speaking in tongues is the only language Satan don't understand. So all the prayers your church offered today was blocked by Satan because it was not prayed in tongues? What a blindness. A being who is million of years before your creation could not understand the language of spirit. What language does Satan use when he tempts people? Someone who can often times read the heart of people cannot understand the language he spoke and use to give God his stewardship report? Satan is a fallen angel and if God did not take anything away from him, do you think it is your so called spirit language God will take away from him? Don't be fooled, Satan hears every language even one spoken by the angels. WHAT A BLINDNESS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02: @op try and read Roman 8:26
yeah i know the verse... but it has nothing to do with speaking in tongues...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by GatJokez(f): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
mooregan: Nigerians!! We bother ourselves too much about issues as if we don't have what to do. If ur faith doesn't support it, then believe in what u believe and move on. Let de person who believes in tongues believe in it. Nobody is forced to. As christians, we condemn others too much. Its an era of salvation not condemnation. I believe our aim is to all make heaven, so let's focus on what our faith teaches us, so we can make heaven. Heaven is for everybody, whether Orthodox, Pentecostal or Catholic.

Well said - nobody wants to end up in H€LL .... undecided
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lovine: The poster of this topic should go back and pray for forgiveness. He has gone against the Holy Spirit. We know of people who speak non-sense which they call speakin in tongue and Satan also have is own version of it. The speaking in tongue is only understood by God and sometimes the speaker even Satan does not understand it. If you say speaking in tongue is another language you dont understand then it means satan hears what you speak and can block your prayer. When we speak in tongue we confuse the Kingdom of Darkness... My dear fellow Christians, this is all signs of endtime. MARANATHA

Very surprised to hear this that speaking in tongues is the only language Satan don't understand. So all the prayers your church offered today was blocked by Satan because it was not prayed in tongues? What a blindness. A being who is million of years before your creation could not understand the language of spirit. What language does Satan use when he tempts people? Someone who can often times read the heart of people cannot understand the language he spoke and use to give God his stewardship report? Satan is a fallen angel and if God did not take anything away from him, do you think it is your so called spirit language God will take away from him? Don't be fooled, Satan hears every language even one spoken by the angels. WHAT A BLINDNESS!!!
have u read Daniel 13:10, were d prince of persia withheld d answers to Daniel's prayer
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by nokingasgod: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
i aint gonna reply you again. Am done with this thread. Goodluck with your christian experience.

Don't mind him, he didn't know that Kenneth Hagin words are superior to that of Apostle and even the teaching of Christ. O shibobobobob karakakakaakakakakakak koskoko keskes...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:
yeah i know the verse... but it has nothing to do with speaking in tongues...
are u sure u reading ur bible rigthly.
ROMAN 8:26
likewise d spirit also helpeth our infirmities, for we know not what we should pray for as we ought, but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groaning which can be uttered. (kjv)

What is Groaning:
1. Say something in despairing or miserable tone.

2. Make a deep inarticulate sound in respond to pain or despair.

Are u stil saying roman 8:26 is not talking abt tongue, mayb u shld enlighten me then.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
nokingasgod:

Don't mind him, he didn't know that Kenneth Hagin words are superior to that of Apostle and even the teaching of Christ. O shibobobobob karakakakaakakakakakak koskoko keskes...
bros u are wrong, kenneth Hagins words can never be superior to that of christ.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
are u sure u reading ur bible rigthly.
ROMAN 8:26
likewise d spirit also helpeth our infirmities, for we know not what we should pray for as we ought, but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groaning which can be uttered. (kjv)

What is Groaning:
1. Say something in despairing or miserable tone.

2. Make a deep inarticulate sound in respond to pain or despair.

Are u stil saying roman 8:26 is not talking abt tongue, mayb u shld enlighten me then.

is satakanaka groaning?
all the definition you brought no one supports your stands of shakanaka...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
bros u are wrong, kenneth Hagins words can never be superior to that of christ.
he is being sarcastic...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by hackwi(m): 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
Wow! Imaging how christians are battling over common speaking in tongues when the bible in hebrews says we should go over this elementary truths and grow up into maturity. Brethren let us grow up please and stop making public shame our election.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

is satakanaka groaning?
all the definition you brought no one supports your stands of shakanaka...
r u sure u understand english. Let me give u a practical and 'nt tongues' example of groaning. Have u see a woman in labour, do u see the nonsense that normally come from her, i dont mean nollywood labour, real life stuff. U we see her saying nönsenses, words beyong ur comprehension.
Again, have u been to traditiönal bone healer, ie a place were broken bones r treated traditionally, pls try and experience one, then u wil know that shakatamama is even d 1st step of groaning.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bigmo1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
On the day of Pentecost, some miraculous happened which å lot of xtians haven't discovered yet, the Apostles were not speaking in earthly tongues as popularly believed, they were speaking in heavenly language.
Study acts 2:7-10, and you will understand what i am talking about.
7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans?
8 Then how is it that each of us HEARS them in our native language?
9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene.

verse 8 says "Then how is it that each of us HEARS them in our native language?" They were not speaking in earthly language, but the people listening to them heard them in the LISTENERs' language. This was a miraculous manifestation a lot of people are yet to grasp.
Verse 8 could have said "Then how is it that they speak in our native language". Instead it says "then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language"
The apostles could have been speaking in heavenly language, but the parthians, medes and the rest heard them in their own native language.
Speaking in tongues is an heavenly language.
1 Cor 13:1 says "though i speak with the tongues of Men and of Angel (heavenly language)..." I strongly believe in the gift of Tongues and i also believe that not all those who speak in tongues today are genuine.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Lovine: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
have u read Daniel 13:10, were d prince of persia withheld d answers to Daniel's prayer

Yes because he did not pray in tongues, but failed to with hold that of Elijah, Jacob, Jehoshaphat, Esther etc who did not pray in "tongue" but with Hebrew tongues
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
r u sure u understand english. Let me give u a practical and 'nt tongues' example of groaning. Have u see a woman in labour, do u see the nonsense that normally come from her, i dont mean nollywood labour, real life stuff. U we see her saying nönsenses, words beyong ur comprehension.
Again, have u been to traditiönal bone healer, ie a place were broken bones r treated traditionally, pls try and experience one, then u wil know that shakatamama is even d 1st step of groaning.

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).

Lets take note of what is not said. Paul talks of prayers, but he doesn't say anything about praying in another language (speaking in tongues). Paul talks about the Spirit making intercessions for us, but he says nothing about the Spirit speaking through us. More to the point, the intercessions the Spirit makes on our behalf to God, the Father, cannot be uttered.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lovine: have u read Daniel 13:10, were d prince of persia withheld d answers to Daniel's prayer

Yes because he did not pray in tongues, but failed to with hold that of Elijah, Jacob, Jehoshaphat, Esther etc who did not pray in "tongue" but with Hebrew tongues
thankGod u are aware that satan heard and withheld daniel's prayer.
The bible describe satan like a roaring lion, moving from one end of the earth to another looking for who to deviod.
He might nt b present in Elijah prayer life, but he was there to destroy he using Jerzebel, same go with Elisah, using the sons of prophet, bro he was even there doing Jesus fasting and prayer time, i guess u knw d 4 temptatn of Jesus, what about Job, they all have their tale. The only way to shoot satan out of your prayer life something, especially when things are tough is tongue. If u prayer with your understanding, ur prayer are also being answer by God, it all depend on your situation, desperate situation require desperate measure. Tongues can be very handy doing warfare prayers
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).

Letake note of what is not said. Paul talks of prayers, but he doesn't say anything about praying in another language (speaking in tongues). Paul talks about the Spirit making intercessions for us, but he says nothing about the Spirit speaking through us. More to the point, the intercessions the Spirit makes on our behalf to God, the Father, cannot be uttered.
dude, 1st paul told us what the spirit does for us: intercession and then he told us how: groaning( another word to represent the word tongues) and i just gave u a practical view of what groaning is all about.
C'mon buddy, let us not hid the truth, just because we dont believe in the act, its self explainatory. We dont nid tutorial on this particular verse
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by charmingeyes(m): 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
i knew you would argue. Did you open the verses i gave? Did you confirm from 1 cor 14:2 and found out that the word pray is missing?
Blind argument! Wont reply you again! Enjoy your christian life the way you want it!

Which Bible version is he even arguing from?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
dude, 1st paul told us what the spirit does for us: intercession and then he told us how: groaning( another word to represent the word tongues) and i just gave u a practical view of what groaning is all about.
C'mon buddy, let us not hid the truth, just because we dont believe in the act, its self explainatory. We dont nid tutorial on this particular verse

Dude your answer is in the bold verse below... the example you gave showed that you dont understand what you are saying... notice the bold then check dictionary... i dont see how this is connected to speaking in tongues... cause if you say so

[size=28pt]21 that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the [b]Spirit, groan inwardly [/b]as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
[/size]

lets assume all the creation is speaking in tongues cheesy even the rats and roaches lol
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
@bishopjoe see the meaning of uttered

ut·tered, ut·ter·ing, ut·ters
1. To send forth with the voice: uttered a cry.

2. To articulate (words); pronounce or speak. See Synonyms at vent1.

3. Law To put (counterfeit money, for example) into circulation.

4. To publish (a book, for example).

5. Obsolete To sell or deliver (merchandise) in trading.

None of the definition fits speaking shantanaka sogobo
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Lovine: 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
thankGod u are aware that satan heard and withheld daniel's prayer.
The bible describe satan like a roaring lion, moving from one end of the earth to another looking for who to deviod.
He might nt b present in Elijah prayer life, but he was there to destroy he using Jerzebel, same go with Elisah, using the sons of prophet, bro he was even there doing Jesus fasting and prayer time, i guess u knw d 4 temptatn of Jesus, what about Job, they all have their tale. The only way to shoot satan out of your prayer life something, especially when things are tough is tongue. If u prayer with your understanding, ur prayer are also being answer by God, it all depend on your situation, desperate situation require desperate measure. Tongues can be very handy doing warfare prayers

Was there anything like speaking in unknown tongues in the Old Testament? Keep on praying with the tongue you don't understand while others pray with understanding; I sure believe since your tongue prayers nothing has changed for you, you only fight the devil with his own tool, tongue of confusion

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

How A Tiny Body Part Would Send Many Whole Bodies To Hell / Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.