Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,816 members, 7,872,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (52540 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit Is Not About Speaking Gibberish / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

Dude your answer is in the bold verse below... the example you gave showed that you dont understand what you are saying... notice the bold then check dictionary... i dont see how this is connected to speaking in tongues... cause if you say so

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26-27).

[size=28pt]21 that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the [b]Spirit, groan inwardly [/b]as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
[/size]

lets assume all the creation is speaking in tongues cheesy even the rats and roaches lol
c'mon buddy, we are all english student here. You have to get the meaning of a word from how its used in a context. The same word can have different meaning, depending on the context its used. I give u an example, check dis: d Refuse-man refuse d refuse . ( i guess dis sentence is correct) cn u see how context change a word. When the word groaning was even use in dat ur verse 22, an explainatn was even given to show what its talking about, we knw d whole creation have been groaning( as in pain of childbirth) i guess u are seeing the difference nw.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by fridayman1: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Joh 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Joh 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
Joh 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Joh 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

My friends read the above Bible passages to understand the condition to receive Holy Spirit. When we do not keep God's commandments including the sabbath commandment the number four in the moral law of GOD we will not receive the COMFORTER. IF YOU WANT SPEAK ALL THE UNINTELLIGENT ECSTATIC UTTERANCES CALLED GIBBERISH. You have not come to the love of truth of the Word of GOD. No Holy Spirit for you. Accept it or not the Comforter leads to all bible truth not only speaking in tongues. NB Tongue means language. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15, If you love me keep my commandment, And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
c'mon buddy, we are all english student here. You have to get the meaning of a what from how its used in a context. The same word can have different meaning, depending on the context its used. I give u an example, check dis: d Refuse-man refuse d refuse . ( i guess dis sentence is correct) cn u see how context change a word. When the word groaning was even use in dat ur verse 22, an explainatn was even given to show what its talking about, we knw d whole creation have been groaning( as in pain of childbirth) i guess u are seeing the difference nw.

the main point is that groaning cannot be uttered
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
friday@man:
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Joh 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Joh 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
Joh 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Joh 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

My friends read the above Bible passages to understand the condition to receive Holy Spirit. When we do not keep God's commandments including the sabbath commandment the number four in the moral law of GOD we will not receive the COMFORTER. IF YOU WANT SPEAK ALL THE UNINTELLIGENT ECSTATIC UTTERANCES CALLED GIBBERISH. You have not come to the love of truth of the Word of GOD. No Holy Spirit for you. Accept it or not the Comforter leads to all bible truth not only speaking in tongues. NB Tongue means language. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:15, If you love me keep my commandment, And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
if i may ask, how cn we keep the sabbath day holy?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
@bishop let the bible speak for it self... lets compare

1 Corinthians 14
14 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. 2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. 3 But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

in this verse they utter....

Romans 8:26-27
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities (weakness or lack of strength) for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is in the mind of the Spirit according to the will of God.”

you see the bold fonts... they dont agree... so romans 8:26-27 have nothing to do with speaking in tongues
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

the main point is that groaning cannot be uttered
Even you know, i am speaking the truth, i have given u the definition of groaning, and i have given u a practical example. Its an audible sound, even a layman know this, why not type the word 'groaning' on google and see things 4 urself. Its audible and that roman 8:26 explain evrytin abt tongues, 1cor 14, cn be manipulated because it wasnt specific. Pls let embrasse the truth, dat u dont have d gift does not mean it does not exist, i know u have urs, not all christian must (must) have d gift of tongues, there are oda divers gift. Pls stick wth urs and let odas enjoy theirs. Thanks
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
Even you know, i am speaking the truth, i have given u the definition of groaning, and i have given u a practical example. Its an audible sound, even a layman know this, why not type the word 'groaning' on google and see things 4 urself. Its audible and that roman 8:26 explain evrytin abt tongues, 1cor 14, cn be manipulated because it wasnt specific. Pls let embrasse the truth, dat u dont have d gift does not mean it does not exist, i know u have urs, not all christian must (must) have d gift of tongues, there are oda divers gift. Pls stick wth urs and let odas enjoy theirs. Thanks

let the bible speak for it self... lets compare

1 Corinthians 14
14 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. 2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. 3 But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities (weakness or lack of strength) for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is in the mind of the Spirit according to the will of God.”

you see the bold fonts... they dont agree... so romans 8:26-27 have nothing to do with speaking in tongues
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lovine: thankGod u are aware that satan heard and withheld daniel's prayer.
The bible describe satan like a roaring lion, moving from one end of the earth to another looking for who to deviod.
He might nt b present in Elijah prayer life, but he was there to destroy he using Jerzebel, same go with Elisah, using the sons of prophet, bro he was even there doing Jesus fasting and prayer time, i guess u knw d 4 temptatn of Jesus, what about Job, they all have their tale. The only way to shoot satan out of your prayer life something, especially when things are tough is tongue. If u prayer with your understanding, ur prayer are also being answer by God, it all depend on your situation, desperate situation require desperate measure. Tongues can be very handy doing warfare prayers

Was there anything like speaking in unknown tongues in the Old Testament? Keep on praying with the tongue you don't understand while others pray with understanding; I sure believe since your tongue prayers nothing has changed for you, you only fight the devil with his own tool, tongue of confusion
and apostle paul, a man who his own shadow heal d sick, a man who apron taken from his body heal d sick, a man who brought d gospel to d gentle ( d whole world) said, thankGod i speak in tongues more than u all. Pls read ur 1cor14 again.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by georgeehis(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Daniel chap 13 Na wa ooo. And did som1 mention satan blockin a persons prayer? Its either ur prayer is heard by God or not. If its to be heard by God,satan has no say.bt if nt den dat means d fault is frm d individual. Now talkin abt speaking in tongue
1)Does d bible say dat all who would hav God's spirit would 'spk in tongue'? : 1cor 12:13,30. And 1cor 14:5 kickd against dat
2)Does ecstatic speech in a language dat a person never learned prove dat he has holy spirit? : 1jhn 4:1. Among those dat spk in tongue are d pentecostals and baptist,catholics,methodist etc. Bt do d membas of each grp believ dat d odas who also spk has bin by God's spirit to knw d truth? I doubt cos dey are nt all in agreement. Now wot spirit makes dem to 'spk in tongue'? Defintly nt Gods spirit
3)Is the spkin in tongue dat is done today d same as in d 1st-century? : a)God used 'spk in tongue' to verify dat he has shifted his favour jewish system of worship to d new christian congregatn(heb 2:2-4). Since dat has bin acomplisd then,is it necessary to pruv d same tin ova and ova again in our day? B)spkin in tongue helped people of old to spread d gudnews to oda hu do not undastand their native language. Bt is dat how dey use dat ability today? No. C)spkin in tongue had meanin to those dat new d language. Today,its jus an ecstatic outburst of unintelligible sounds. D) spk in tongue we're limited to jus 2or 3 persons each in turn and if der was no interpreta dey we're to remain silent (1cor 14:27 28)very diff frm today. Smh.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by trolling(m): 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
if i may ask, how cn we keep the sabbath day holy?
not speaking your own words and doing your own pleasure
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by danchuzzy(m): 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Isn't there a clear difference between speaking in other tongues and speaking(praying) in an unknown tongue?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

let the bible speak for it self... lets compare

1 Corinthians 14

welcome to my world, let me give a lecture on tongues 101.
Let me explain to u were d shakatamama is coming. Because the spirit is groaning in us with utterance, its u or me trying to speak-out dis uttrances dat lead to d robomamasika. Normally these are spiritual utterance dat should be utter, bt u trying to speak them lead to dat togoroba, its stil nt speakable, because ur understand and those of the people around its unfruit, bt to God u speak misteries
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Codedboy1: 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
some one liked my post and thats why am here again.
You still wont get me to argue. You earlier stated that you dont believe in speaking in tongues and now some what agree with alexeo. Are you confused?
My advice to you is, get a copy of all kenneth Haggin's books on prayer and the Holy Spirit. If that does not help you, contact me again, i have myriad of books i can recommend for you that contains abundant biblical evidences.
But me? I wont argue with you. Thank you!
is it Biblical to learn hw to speak in tongue? because sme teaches..
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
danchuzzy: Isn't there a clear difference between speaking in other tongues and speaking(praying) in an unknown tongue?
yes broda, there is a big difference
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
trolling: not speaking your own words and doing your own pleasure
let me name some of my pleasures to u
-Eating
-sleeping
-browsing (which u and i r doing rite nw on a sunday)
-etc.
Whose words should i speak then
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
welcome to my world, let me give a lecture on tongues 101.
Let me explain to u were d shakatamama is coming. Because the spirit is groaning in us with utterance, its u or me trying to speak-out dis uttrances dat lead to d robomamasika. Normally these are spiritual utterance dat should be utter, bt u trying to speak them lead to dat togoroba, its stil nt speakable, because ur understand and those of the people around its unfruit, bt to God u speak misteries

lmao... compare this explanation to the one of woman having birth and see how they contradict each other...
instead of you to admit that you are wrong you have changed your explanation
bishopjoe02: r u sure u understand english. Let me give u a practical and 'nt tongues' example of groaning. Have u see a woman in labour, do u see the nonsense that normally come from her, i dont mean nollywood labour, real life stuff. U we see her saying nönsenses, words beyong ur comprehension.
Again, have u been to traditiönal bone healer, ie a place were broken bones r treated traditionally, pls try and experience one, then u wil know that shakatamama is even d 1st step of groaning.

bishopjoe02: dude, 1st paul told us what the spirit does for us: intercession and then he told us how: groaning( another word to represent the word tongues) and i just gave u a practical view of what groaning is all about.
C'mon buddy, let us not hid the truth, just because we dont believe in the act, its self explainatory. We dont nid tutorial on this particular verse
[size=18pt]can you guys see that he is confused?[/size]
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by RajiBabatunde(m): 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
Na u kon sabi speaking in tongue or not stl repping Celestial Ijo Mimo Apete Parish Ibadan
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

lmao... compare this explanation to the one of woman having birth and see how they contradict each other...
instead of you to admit that you are wrong you have changed your explanation

[size=18pt]can you guys see that he is confused?[/size]
try and read that my example on a woman given birth again. (I said let me give a 'nt tongue' example of groaning) i was only stressing on groaning practically to make things clearer, i dont see any contradictn here.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by COOLDUN: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, no one can speak in tongue? The apostles spoke in tongues because they were in a high spirit? Buhahaha. You need to start attending sunday school!

What do learn in Sunday school? i don't need any teacher to convince me of what i know very well. You speak in tongue which you learn in the pastoral schools. How many times have you spoken a strange language which someone came to you to ask you if you are from his/her place before?

It was a special gift of holy spirit that was given to the saints, the confirmed children of God, the disciples of Christ and from the day of Pentecost, not the self claimed men of God.

If you like argue from now till Christ come you will never convince me to believe in this your great lie. Why is every one speaking in tongues always begin with OROBO? why always Shekiri Yamamamamama?

Curse would be to any of you that mislead the gullible children of God at the last day. At the last day all of you will tell God what Orobo, Shekiri, Yamamamamamama is all about.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
try and read that my example on a woman given birth again. (I said let me give a 'nt tongue' example of groaning) i was only stressing on groaning practically to make things clearer, i dont see any contradictn here.

How can you utter something that cant be uttered? you are still contradicting your self... the bible said the Groaning cannot be uttered and yet you say you uttered it and it becomes the shakanakanaka
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by trolling(m): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
let me name some of my pleasures to u
-Eating
-sleeping
-browsing (which u and i r doing rite nw on a sunday)
-etc.
Whose words should a speak then
when you look at your calendar the seventh day of week falls on Saturn day called Saturday but we Hebrews call it shabbat but Pope Leo and Emperor Constantine switched the Sabbath to the first day of the week in 321 Bc which is named after the Sun God that's why you guys worship on the day of Sun to worship the light bearer, anyways eating, drinking is allowed but on the Sabbath days we Hebrew Israelite don't gratify our flesh like having sex, playing worldly music, in terms of speaking your own words we are talking about words or conversations that doesn't edify, why would one be talking about sports, business, fashion on the Sabbath, the Sabbath is the first thing the God of Israel blessed, we spiritual Hebrew Israelite don't defile the Sabbath because the God of Israel and His Angels observe the Sabbath too
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bknight: 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
People jst dey dribble from left to right undecided
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

How can you utter something that cant be uttered? you are still contradicting your self... the bible said the Groaning cannot be uttered and yet you say you uttered it and it becomes the shakanakanaka
buddy, its seem u r out of points, all u are doing nw is to try and find fault in my post, but i bet u, u we neva see any.
because it cannot be utterred and u trying to speak it out, dat why its sounding as matabogara, shakatamama. I will give u anoda practical example to back dis up, have u ever see a dumb man or deaf and dumb man, they cant speak, they trying to speak lead to those sound (groaning) they alway make. Dis thing is in black and white for all to see. We al knw dis tin, dat u dont av it, doesnot mean u shld deny it existence
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
trolling: when you look at your calendar the seventh day of week falls on Saturn day called Saturday but we Hebrews call it shabbat but Pope Leo and Emperor Constantine switched the Sabbath to the first day of the week in 321 Bc which is named after the Sun God that's why you guys worship on the day of Sun to worship the light bearer, anyways eating, drinking is allowed but on the Sabbath days we Hebrew Israelite don't gratify our flesh like having sex, playing worldly music, in terms of speaking your own words we are talking about words or conversations that doesn't edify, why would one be talking about sports, business, fashion on the Sabbath, the Sabbath is the first thing the God of Israel blessed, we spiritual Hebrew Israelite don't defile the Sabbath because the God of Israel and His Angels observe the Sabbath too
urs is another different ball game, if we start this discussion, i doubt if i will sleep this nite. Pls which church and country are u. And were is your source about Emperor Leo changing the days of d week
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
bishopjoe02:
buddy, its seem u r out of points, all u are doing nw is to try and find fault in my post, but i bet u, u we neva see any.
because it cannot be utterred and u trying to speak it out, dat why its sounding as matabogara, shakatamama. I will give u anoda practical example to back dis up, have u ever see a dumb man or deaf and dumb man, they cant speak, they trying to speak lead to those sound (groaning) they alway make. Dis thing is in black and white for all to see. We al knw dis tin, dat u dont av it, doesnot mean u shld deny it existence

what part of cannot be uttered do you not understand? if they say man cannot walk on water... it means even if he tries it he cant walk on water... if tries it doesnt mean something else... it still means it cannot...

funny thing is that corinthians says speaking in Tongues can be uttered... instead of you to base you example on the one they say can be done... you are basing it on one the bible says cannot be done...

fact is the 2 scriptures are not linked... I just proved it to you. it doesnt make sense what you are trying to explain..

again the bible say speaking in tongues can be uttered... now you are saying the speaking in tongues that can be uttered is a result of trying to utter groan which the bible says cannot be uttered... weldone bro... accept the truth man.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by COOLDUN: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
funshint:
Dats the problem with Nigerian xtainity we take anything thrown at us hook, line and sinker just because they are written by foreign preachers. We don't tk time to research whether some of the things we are thought are biblically correct. No wonder so many people pray and don't get answers because so many pple pray amiss after spending endless hours shaking their heads. So many xtains are lazy that's d reason why they can be easily misled. That's how we were tot from childhood that the blackman race was cursed thru Ham not until recently I had to do a proper research of Gen9 and alas all I had been tot was a lie from hell because Ham wasn't cursed but it was Canaan his last son that was cursed and even the black race did not come from d lineage of Canaan but from Kush! What I'm trying to say in essence is that pple shld spend more time to research whatever they are tot b'cos there so many lies that has been painted as truth. May God help us!

Ham who was one of the sons of Noah was cursed by his father Noah when he saw his unclothedness when he was drunk and slumber and laughed his father Noah, while his two brother Shem and Japhet went backwards and covered their father Noah with clothe.

When Noah woke up he cursed Ham, Canaan was one of the descendants of Ham, which i know that the cures is also inherited by him.

I did not make any research to get this, i read it in Bible, wherever the blacks descended from is not i am talking about but the curse to Ham by Noah his father. It is written in Genesis in the Bible.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

what part of cannot be uttered do you not understand? if they say man cannot walk on water... it means even if he tries it he cant walk on water... if tries it doesnt mean something else... it still means it cannot...

funny thing is that corinthians says speaking in Tongues can be uttered... instead of you to base you example on the one they say can be done... you are basing it on one the bible says cannot be done...

fact is the 2 scriptures are not linked... I just proved it to you. it doesnt make sense what you are trying to explain..

again the bible say speaking in tongues can be uttered... now you are saying the speaking in tongues that can be uttered is a result of trying to utter groan which the bible says cannot be uttered... weldone bro... accept the truth man.
let be practical abt dis tin, let use a living being as an example, a Deaf and Dumb Human.
We all know they cannot speak/UTTER any word, nw they trying to UTTER any word usually lead to groaning, which we never understand.
Now let relate dis to tongues, Roman 8:26, said tongues cn b UTTER, we nw trying to speak/UTTER d tongues result to groaning (shatatamama).
Simple as ABCD
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

let be practical abt dis tin, let use a living being as an example, a Deaf and Dumb Human.
We all know they cannot speak/UTTER any word, nw they trying to UTTER any word usually lead to groaning, which we never understand.
Now let relate dis to tongues, Roman 8:26, said tongues cn b UTTER, we nw trying to speak/UTTER d tongues result to groaning (shatatamama).
Simple as ABCD
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 12:00am On Jul 29, 2013
benalvino:

the two verses are good, there is notin wrong with any, 1cor 14, says u can do it, why roman8, shows u how it wil b (groaning)
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2013
bishopjoe02:
Simple as ABCD

still not convinced because you are just making excuse now to add the scriptures together... Now why paul is asking for interpretation of the shakanakanaka? the whole 1 corin 14 is not even talking about prayers but addressing or ministering to people in the church. SO why paul need interpretation? and why does he say it is better to prophesy than to speak in tongues?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 12:04am On Jul 29, 2013
bishopjoe02:
the two verses are good, there is notin wrong with any, 1cor 14, says u can do it, why roman8, shows u how it wil b (groaning)
totally unrelated.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 12:06am On Jul 29, 2013
This scripture CANNOT be used to justify our “prayer language” or speaking/praying in tongues. If the groanings “CANNOT BE UTTERED”–cannot be vocalized by the Spirit then it most certainly CANNOT be vocalized by human expression audibly in any language (ie. Tongues)–then how could any claim to do it? These groanings refer to the intercession of the Holy Spirit, not to a believer’s “prayer language”. It has nothing to do with us or a working on our part (ie. Speaking or praying)This verse clearly states that the SPIRIT “cannot” utter (or speak) these groanings (sighs). If the SPIRIT cannot utter it, then how in the world is the Spirit (not our spirit, but the HOLY SPIRIT) speaking through us by way of a tongue? If the SPIRIT CANNOT UTTER (speak) these groanings, then how are WE “all of a sudden” able to still utter (speak) them in praying to God? The Word of God says that the SPIRIT CANNOT UTTER (speak) them! If the Word of God says that the SPIRIT CANNOT UTTER (speak) these groanings, then that means that WE absolutely CANNOT UTTER (speak) the groanings of the SPIRIT by way of tongues

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

TB Joshua Returns From Prayer Mountain With 2021 Prophecies / See The Hilarious Prayer Request Of Lady During Live Prayers Service / Battle At Synagogue, Trustee Alleges Threat To Live, TB Joshua's Daughter Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.