Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,938 members, 7,909,481 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:38 AM

X - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / X (12617 Views)

Are Women The Cause Of Change In Men's Attitude After wedding? / Our Attitude Towards Teenage Pregnancy / My Husband's Attitude Will Make Me Kill Him One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: X by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2013
BoboYekini: Btw, what does 'aka gum' mean anyways?
All these ibo girls and their useless lingo.

Literally: Gummy-hands. Meaning very stingy grin.
Re: X by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2013
OP, how far? Have you dropped the money? undecided

Abi you don take off grin.

Oshow free! grin grin

1 Like

Re: X by Ngokafor(f): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2013
Chillisauce: OP, how far? Have you dropped the money? undecided

Abi you don take off grin.

Oshow free! grin grin

lol!!.. I sure sey the taking off no go get part two! grin grin grin grin
Re: X by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 06, 2013
This Guitarlife Sef! Was it not on the "How can I tame my appetite without committing adultery" thread that you talked about how you couldn't satisfy one lady in bed hence opting for a novice (virgin)? To add salt to injury, you can't even "hold your side" financially. . . And that begs the question; what have you got to offer? Potatoe in bed and an empty wallet? And to think you are one of the traditional chauvinist Lot! Mstcheeeeewww!

Guy abeg, just keep quiet when real men are talking! There is a reason they have balls!

4 Likes

Re: X by Ngokafor(f): 11:02am On Sep 06, 2013
Phema: This Guitarlife Sef! Was it not on the "How can I tame my appetite without committing adultery" thread that you talked about how you couldn't satisfy one lady in bed hence opting for a novice (virgin)? Now again, you can't even "hold your side" financially. . . I ask again, what have you got to offer? Potatoe in bed and an empty wallet? And to think you are one of the traditional chauvinist Lot! Mstcheeeeewww!

Guy abeg, just keep quiet when real men are talking! There is a reason they have balls!

...oops! harsh!!..but then is this the 'correct' guy who claimed his babe loves to show him off to her friends? and uses any opportunity he gets to give the impression he is all that...poor girl I must say!! undecided embarassed

1 Like

Re: X by ladygogo: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
ifyalways: @Repogirl,you get time for your hands.work in fast food,bla bla,na for same fast food where ND students are queuing up to wash plates or another one? You think its that easy to get "any" job in Naija? Anyways, no time for internet Nigerians and their fantasy stories.
[b][/b]
Nothing,absolutely nothing wrong with a boyfriend loaning or dashing his GF capital to start something.if he can afford it ,why not?. Funniest part is that y'all forming "wtf and can't she work,no shame" would do WORST if you were unfortunately born and bred in a "really poor home" so shove your fake swag! Poverty strips a man of all pride.

@OP,buying aso ebi for a wedding na frivolity. I don't support you giving her the money seeing you are cash trapped yourself BUT for the future,to imbibe the spirit of hardwork,value for money on your girl, sit down with her and find out what little thing she can start while she's still schooling. You love her? Help her to be a better person.

@Aluta,lol, I dey kampe.

Where doesnt this happen? It still shouldnt stop anyone from competing. Your bills dont know your career or job type. AS long as it gets paid.
Re: X by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
lady j u: From my point of view d girl is in need of money and she doesn't have someone else to turn to. She wanted to know if u can help her. If u truly love u won't be tabling this mild issue here.
do you mean giving her money = love
not giving her money =doesn't love her?
Re: X by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
blank: Initially, i didn't want to reply but i decided to do so. Don't take this too personal but you sound stingy. I personally believe that a lady should pay her own way. However, there is nothing wrong in you showing her empathy. You want her to empathize with you but you are not doing the same for her. I know you are not married or anything but i have seen guys that are in love and are commited to a relationship. If you had said that you will give her 2k out of the money you have but she got angry, i would have understood with you and seen your point of view.

You need to stop over-analyzing her and just accept her statements at face value. I did not see anything wrong in what she said. I think you should do it step by step as well. Buy 2 suits now and then some later when you get paid.
what do you mean here by stingy girl he said he doesn't have and he is depending on his pops man, what should he do? steal and give her? (maybe that may save him the "stingy" tag you give him) or do you think he knows not what to do with the little resources he gets that he will lavish it on unnecessary stuffs? I dont really know what you think it means to be stingy and what it means to not have.
Re: X by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
to be frank op has every reason to analyze and over analyze the lady in question because she is giving him every reason to do just dat and
1.it is good he analyze and ask question to what he does not understand
2. you wont expect (I wont advice) him to keep quite and die in silence when he has not and she expect him to cuff out some money
Re: X by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
temi4fash: Some of d responses on dis thread dai funny me, y wuld some1 call d op stingy,is it not what he has he will give, or should he put his masters and job interview on hold cos he dos not want to b stingy.. Its same pple dat say give her dat still turn back and tell him he is stupid..

As ma mummy will say 'eyan o kin fu ye ko ni oun wu wo

Bros if na cos she b virgin ur brain dai boot.. Being a virgin dos not automatically make a reasonable or complete babe.. Bros u treat lik every oda babe abeg..
Re: X by ladygogo: 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
jidegirl12: Lady gogo... I deliberately ignored your post where you quoted me because I knew someone's gonna jump on you with 'this is Naija' bull grin

It's simple, if you want to do big girl.. Be ready to work for it or better carry mixed granite and cement .. Abi that one scarce to get too ? .... Shikena

I was expecting that too. lol
Re: X by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
T
Re: X by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
Aaawww, Guitarlife, oya sorry, no vex. I noticed you have been very cool on this thread without "losing it" and I can see you really do mean well for this girl. I guess I rebuked you that much cos of your previous posts on other threads and how you have been an advocate for "women slavery".

Now, let me try and look at this your post critically. . . I hate, no scratch that, I loathe leeches! I for one can't stand people who do not have a sense of self worth and esteem. But I think you are going about it the wrong way by coming here and over analysing someone you claim to love.

The first step is to sit her down and talk to her. Let her know you are a student and still get funds from your parents and as such can't do much for her. Suggest ways you think she can make extra money and help her plan how to go about it.

Help her financially occasionally, but make sure she understands that you are doing it for love and not as a responsibility.

In summary, try to find a balance and also know you can't have it all in one person. You listed her good sides and I think they outweigh the bad ones.

Goodluck.
Re: X by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
Phema: Aaawww, Guitarlife, oya sorry, no vex. I noticed you have been very cool on this thread without "losing it" and I can see you really do mean well for this girl. I guess I rebuked you that much cos of your previous posts on other threads and how you have been an advocate for "women slavery".

Now, let me try and look at this your post critically. . . I hate, no scratch that, I loathe leeches! I for one can't stand people who do not have a sense of self worth and esteem. But I think you are going about it the wrong way by coming here and over analysing someone you claim to love.

The first step is to sit her down and talk to her. Let her know you are a student and still get funds from your parents and as such can't do much for her. Suggest ways you think she can make extra money and help her plan how to go about it.

Help her financially occasionally, but make sure she understands that you are doing it for love and not as a responsibility.

In summary, try to find a balance and also know you can't have it all in one person. You listed her good sides and I think they outweigh the bad ones.

Goodluck.
Yep Exactly what I aim to do. I know how tought it is to get a decent lady these days so I am not ready to let her go without trying to be a positive influence on her and to be fair she is a very good girl. Just that she is kinda misdirected due to the influence of childish friends and room mates but I believe we will come out fine. Thanks for your time.
Re: X by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2013
Op let me give you my advise. Concentrate on your masters and getting a good job afterwards. Please date a girl that is matured and have like mind with you, girls from 25 up. Am talking from experience, she has a long way to go. You don't need such a person now. Forget the advise ladies on this forum are giving you, they will always defend the indefensible. Plan your future bro. and you will get the best of women. Talking about changing her attitude, bro you are on a long thing. You are not God. The decision to change will be made by her. Am sorry to tell you this if you are not careful, she will definitely cheat on you with someone who can offer her what she needs and as when due.
Re: X by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
intbizoil: Op let me give you my advise. Concentrate on your masters and getting a good job afterwards. Please date a girl that is matured and have like mind with you, girls from 25 up. Am talking from experience, she has a long way to go. You don't need such a person now. Forget the advise ladies on this forum are giving you, they will always defend the indefensible. Plan your future bro. and you will get the best of women. Talking about changing her attitude, bro you are on a long thing. You are not God. The decision to change will be made by her. Am sorry to tell you this if you are not careful, she will definitely cheat on you with someone who can offer her what she needs and as when due.
I understand your position. Although I may want to disagree with that your 'she will definitely cheat on you' part. I understand too that nobody is perfect. I do not have an assurance that a 25 year old lady won't misbehave do I ? I have seen a lot of positives in her already so am sure she will listen to the voice of reason. I am not saying I want to change her but I believe I can influence her if I go about it the proper way. Thanks for your time.
Re: X by biolabee(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hahahahaha

Its like youve forgotten there is a kind of rose=coloured glasses here especially where the fairer sex is concerned
The simple fact that u r jobless is lost on the stingy brigade

For now open up n let her know your priority is to get a job n stabilise yourself

If it means she lets you go..... so be it

Usually its the way of weeding unnecessary relationships

Focus on your career... how much Is the job money sef that u would have to rent apartment, buy car, give money to mom n pop then have a smallie taxing you...

Guitarlife: Good morning all, thanks for your various inputs yesterday. I decided not to post so as to get good responses and do a thorough analysis in the mean time.
I am quite befuddled at the kind of responses I am getting here. It shows we are all humans after all, otherwise how would people from this same family section. People who are always singing that we single peeps should open our eyes wide and study every single detail about our partners before we get married now turn back to accuse me of overanalysing? Is that not close to speaking from both sides of the mouth if it's not exactly that?
For the records, I love this girl so much. I am friends with a few family section posters offline and there is no way I can tell a lie here. What would I stand to gain ? That transcript of text messages that I posted initially was directly copied from my mesages inbox and pasted here. Not a single word was altered so I am not trying to give a dog a bad name just so I can hang it like some people are already insinuating.
Neither am I stingy. Thrifty ? Maybe, but definitely not stingy but what I can tell you is that I am very much against spending on frivolities. I am a believer in saving for the rainy days.
I decided to table this issue at family section for balanced analysis because it had gotten to a heads.
If I begin to reel out some shocking incidents all bothering on unwholesome financial demands of my girl you will all conclude I am making up stories. But I am not, I am convinced her behaviour is as a result of a wrong orientation . Even before we started dating I had seen the red flag but I believed I could influence her cos we all know nobody is perfect but it seems It ain't as easy as I thought now and I may have to count my teeth with my tongue.
I will still give this another shot though. I will try to speak to her in a loving manner and make her see reasons why a lady should prize herself and not see her boyfriend as an ATM machine(AB05, 2013).
Thanks all once again for your inputs, I am also most greatful to the #EndTimeTinsCrew for gracing my thread with their presence.
Lest I forget, My girl has left school now since June for her home. When she was around there were times I personally cooked for her when she was sick. She is a reasonable girl too and I believe getting a decent girl like her will take a while so I want to give it another shot and hoping she will yeild. I do my little to make her see that I love her and want her for the long haul. Like I said initially, its easier for me to date her cos all the previous relationships I have had has been a challenge for me in the area of abstinence.
I love you all and have a great week ahead(Oops!!! Today is wednesday already.)
Re: X by biolabee(m): 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
Good advice....kulyie

If she sees men as her source, the girl will never be content....
By the way, I thought girls were paying their way nowadays

kulyie: guitarlife no mind anyone wey dey call you stingy.even if you earn 100 billion every week,cater for her necessities not her frivolities.even if you love her make her know that it is not every of her frivolities that will be catered for.infact of its within your means give her money to establish a buisness for herself so she wont come and be asking money for this and that.as a matter of fact,she wont feel justified to ask you again because you have opened a buisness for her to help herself and her family.tell her to think of the kind of buisness she can do that she likes and will fetch her money.period! Because if you start giving her and her family money for a and b,c and end up marrying her.the day things are not too good and you tell them or your wife that you dont have money,she will take offence and trouble will start.she will assume that its because you eanted to marry her that you were giving her money,now that you are married,you cant give her money.she wont understand.moreover yorubas say the thing you dont want as a rich man,you start rejecting it as a poor man.draw a line and let everyone know your stand.love has brains o.
Re: X by biolabee(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
BoboYekini: Shey you see women?. Defending the indefensible. Awon alakpa ma sise.

Hahahaha......
Re: X by biolabee(m): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
Guitarlife: I understand your position. Although I may want to disagree with that your 'she will definitely cheat on you' part. I understand too that nobody is perfect. I do not have an assurance that a 25 year old lady won't misbehave do I ? I have seen a lot of positives in her already so am sure she will listen to the voice of reason. I am not saying I want to change her but I believe I can influence her if I go about it the proper way. Thanks for your time.

You don't have the luxury of time to generate enough capital to satisfy her

She doesn't have the luxury of maturity to understand that a good man is hard to find
Re: X by Ishilove: 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
Guitarlife: For the records too, We do not indulge in any type of sexual immorality like kissing, smooching or s*ex.

This was the main reason I left my previous girlfriends to be with her cos they always put pressure on me for sex.But my present girlfriend does not which is what I always wanted and becos she is a virgin.

I never knew guys like you still exist. Guys like you are soooo rare sad sad
Re: X by 190theclown: 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
Na Nigerian Girl kwanu!!

nothing there

na normal thing grin grin grin
Re: X by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2013
Who put this on front page?

It's not right!
Re: X by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
Mr, sorry to say, but i think you are probably not ready for a relationship, you should back off and let the girl move unto the next one to find someone who will take care of her, just because you think you are not ready for Sex doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of her, i was hoping to read about someone who is demanding for hundreds of thousand within short periods and you are here counting thousands as if it is one big deal.

who do you expect to take care of her needs when you know so well that her own parents have got lots of responsibilities as well as even trying to give her half of what she needed, do you as an African man expect a lady to cover bills on a date in the first place...? One word, you are not yet ready for a relationship.
Re: X by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ah ha front page kę?
Re: X by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
poshdiva: Who put this on front page?

It's not right!

Atall
Re: X by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
intbizoil: Op let me give you my advise. Concentrate on your masters and getting a good job afterwards. Please date a girl that is matured and have like mind with you, girls from 25 up. Am talking from experience, she has a long way to go. You don't need such a person now. Forget the advise ladies on this forum are giving you, they will always defend the indefensible. Plan your future bro. and you will get the best of women. Talking about changing her attitude, bro you are on a long thing. You are not God. The decision to change will be made by her. Am sorry to tell you this if you are not careful, she will definitely cheat on you with someone who can offer her what she needs and as when due.

If a man doesn't plan his life in all manners he will live to fail in the future, Mothers are not expected to teach their daughters how to fall in love or make love, but when their daughters fail in Marriage the mothers are to be blamed, likewise men do not teach their Son's how to raise a family but when the time comes and a man doesn't know how to deal with issues that manners he will be regarded as a weakening.

Masters is good to give you a good Job that we know, but life itself is worth more value and teaches more than the education we attain, if you like runaway from how to deal with relationships today, you will definitely come across it tomorrow....do not be surprised that these are some of the things that we overlook and later turn out to complain about later when we get married and start raising Children.
Re: X by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
Can I please request once again that the mods do the needful and take down this thread as requested by me the poster ?
Re: X by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Guitarlife: Can I please request once again that the mods do the needful and take down this thread as requested by me the poster ?

Go to complaint thread and post the link.
https://www.nairaland.com/751757/please-post-complaints-here-please/11

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature / Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages / Father Promises Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook For 5 Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.