Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,653 members, 7,926,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 02:48 AM

Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria (14415 Views)

Poll: Kanu or Lagos State Government: who is right?

Kanu: 84% (95 votes)
Govt.: 15% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. / Susanne Ibru Jailed Again For Stalking Man Utd's Rio Ferdinand / Shooting Stars Disbanded By Oyo Govt Over Mounting Financial Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 12:44pm On Jun 25, 2008
wormy,

Kitaun is not the PRO to Fash abi is he undecided tongue
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by bgees(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2008
as far as i am concerned, rio ferdinand was'nt the right man. rio ferdinand for a street soccer project? it looks very ridiculous. and what if he grew up in peckham.

the likes of kanu, ronaldinho,ribery,micheal essien and some other similar people would fitted in well. these guys experienced a tough growing-up. because ferdinand started a campaign against violence among youths in peckham now makes him important?

kanu has the authority to say what he said, keeping in mind that KANU NWANKWO IS MORE POPULAR AMONG THE YOUTHS OF AFRICA compared to RIO FERDINAND.

fashola just wasted public funds on personal fantasy. i just hope the next governor is a liverpool fan, so he can bring gerrard to take part in a 'dumb' street soccer project.

the man utd fans will never see anything wrong with what fash' did.many of us no just get integrity.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by princekay1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2008
How can Kanu say Rio Ferdinand's visit is a waste? Ignorance is a degrading disease; it is killing all our celebrities, including the over-glorified Kanu. What a shame!
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by wormedup(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2008
mustay,
Kitaun's Fash's right hand man ! they plan all these things together.
i can't even see Kit anymore; seeing him previously was just a 15secs phone call !!

princekay,
how much has been generated so far from Rio's visit ?
maybe he should have just done it from his pockets in the first place !
i didn't hear him inviting shyt before he became governor angry
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by princekay1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2008
@wormed up,

Ferdinand was invited to kick start a street soccer competition as a way of developing sports in Nigeria. The benefits of his visit are:

Youths with talents in soccer will not only be discovered but ENCOURAGED
More attention is drawn to Nigeria
It will facilitate easy access for Nigerians seeking opportunity in Man U or any other club in UK
It will draw sponsorship for Nigerian street soccer, and pave way for development.

now tell me, what is the relevance of bringing T-Pain, Wyclef, 50cent, etc to Nigeria only to sing for 30mins? Why do we still pay huge amount of money to watch them play in spite of the fact that a company sponsored their trips?

If you consider my points, you will know that bringing Ferdinand is a blessing to Nigeria (not just Lagos).
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by marosky(m): 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2008
@ princekay

what do you mean by saying that Kanu is over glorified.
Tell me what Rio has won that Papilo has not won.Nothing.But I can tell you what Papilo has won that Rio has not.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2008
If Kanu is overglorified, I guess Beckham is underglorified undecided

you people too like beef
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by princekay1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2008
@MAROSKY

I am sure you want to start counting different cups that Kanu won. Forget that! he is over-glorified, and overdue for retirement too.

@Mustay

Let's leave Beckham out of this. Nobody is denying the fact that Kanu is great, but he surely has his limits.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by wormedup(m): 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2008
princekay,

if i invite mona lisa for a dinner, i don't give a flyin Bleep what you think; it's my money !
you get the drift

you mentioned t-pain, fiddy et al; that doesn't count cos those were sponsored by individuals/companies.
Rio's expenses were covered with state funds; for bloody what kick start street soccer ?? u r having a laugh !

first was planting flowers, then giving touts uniforms, now we have Rio kick-starting street soccer; what should we expect now ??
maybe ferguson will be around to oversee the launching of a new football club in lagos ! Fash is a slowpoke !
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2008
I don't get it!

So Beckham also has his limits too?

Moreover, we are talking about an english player, so there's nothing wrong including Pecky herhe
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2008
Wormy,

BRF is no slowpoke o!
grin grin grin grin

I respect him cheesy tongue
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Bgees
im struggling to understand ur point. . .
people no get integrity cos they feel its not a waste of money.
Integrity bawo?

@Princekay1
help me ask them how much was used in bringing RIO.
im sure its a far cry to what they spend on fruitless commission of enquiries in this country.
na so 9ja people be. . .they talk too much

@Wormedup
fash a slowpoke? . . .then OBJ must be divinely dippy
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Marosky
what trophies has Kanu won that RIO hasnt won?
abi u want RIO to win African footballer of the year?
na wa !
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2008
tkb417:

@Marosky
what trophies has Kanu won that RIO hasnt won?
abi u want RIO to win African footballer of the year?
na wa !
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No, European Footballer of the Year
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by wormedup(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2008
tkb,

OBY is not worth mentioning in this context !!!
All i'm saying is, Fash's approach to problem solving is upside down ! last things first !

what's the ideology behind Rio's invitation ? kick start street soccer ? chieftaincy title ?? does it really figure
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by marosky(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2008
@tkb417
Rio no fit win UEFA cup(NOT UEFA champions league this time) ? Rio neva smell English F.A. Cup.UEFA Super Cup nko?How ABOUT world Clubs Cup?Olympic Gold?U-17 World Cup?
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by marosky(m): 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2008
Our dear Papilo has never failed a drug test b4.That reminds me ,in 1996,Kanu was the 6th best player on the planet.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2008
In as much as I dont want to contribute I feel compelled by the level of ignorance/beef been displayed by some people here.

This is a street soccer project not a food for all project and all areas are to be balanced.

Which Nigerian star do you want them to bring?
I am sure most Nigerians football followers know and can identify C.Ronaldo and the starting line-up of the EPL more than the line up of the Super eagles.

How many people would recognise Ike uche or uche kalu or Olofinjana on the streets of lagos?

Rio ferdinand is the captain of Manchester united who just won the most prestigious club competition in the world tell me who is more qualified to inspire Nigerian kids.

Moreover Rio is available at this moment as he is on vacation, Not preoccupied with Euro cup
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by princekay1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2008
@dayokanu

I feel you my brother.

@marosky

Stop comparing Rio and Kanu because they are not just equal. Put it anyhow, Rio will be placed ahead of Kanu anywhere except Nigeria.
However, I'm not saying Kanu is not a great footballer. The fact is that some people command more respect than Kanu when you talk of football in the world.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by marosky(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2008
@dayokanu
without any element of beefing,is Rio more popular in Nigeria than any of Martins,Yakubu,Yobo,Mikel,Kanu,Utaka.I think it is you that is ignorant.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2008
@marosky
u cannot win a competition u havent participated in
Yeah fine, he has no FA cup trophy. RIO will not play in the UEFA cup cos United wont play in the UEFA, RIO wont win the under17 cos he never participated in one; wait for RIO to compete in the world club cup later this year b4 u crucify him, wait for him to play the super cup also.

zidane didnt play under 17 and the olympics too or did he?

@Wormed
Their is a room for 'transfer spending' in any government
It happens everywhere. Its not unlikely to see some State Guvnors celebrating 12 months in office with Kwam1 showering praises. I'm sure this will be taken care of under his 'entertainment vote'. . .LOL

see the brighter side of it chief and lets move on.

I think in ur own case, you just dont seem to dig fash's style of Governance. Im sure it goes beyond RIO
no be so?

@dayokanu
i cannot be fooled at the tone of ur post
if RIO is not busy presently nko?
whats ur own? the last time i checked bayern missed this years UCL
go siddon. u wan trouble this afternoon? im ready for u
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2008
princekay1:

Stop comparing Rio and Kanu because they are not just equal. Put it anyhow, Rio will be placed ahead of Kanu anywhere except Nigeria.
However, I'm not saying Kanu is not a great footballer. The fact is that some people command more respect than Kanu when you talk of football in the world.

this POST reminds me of the topic: MUMU NIGERIANS AND THE PREMIERSHIP grin grin grin

In England, what do you think Pompey fans call him?

GOD shocked shocked

Globally, Kanu will be placed ahead Rio except England - get it!

I wonder why you guys brought in the comparisons
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by wormedup(m): 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
tkb,
you are right, i don't dig his style !
if you support fash's line of expenditure just cos "other governors" indulge in same, then i have no reason to see him differently from the likes of Alamesigha and co. !!!

loads of organized football progs have been going on in Naija for ages now. amuneke, mobi okparaku, okocha and the likes all grew from street soccer. there was no Rio to kick start it for them to make name.
i maintained it was an absolute waste of resources, inviting Rio.

marion Jones and Ben Johnson shoulda been around to kick start Mobil track and field events too !!!

dayo,
this has nothing to do with beef ! it's about applying a little bit of common sense !
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by princekay1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2008
@wormed up

Too much beef for Fash!

@mustay

Too much beef for Rio

Na wah o!
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Wormed
i understand ur point. . .
at this juncture, i'll rest my case for the insider(kitaun) to come and add some 'street credibility' to this 'imbroglio' since its a street soccer project

i cannot shout. . .LOL

@princekay1
dont mind Mustay
na Agbaje send am. . . Lmao
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2008
tkb417:

@Wormed
i understand your point. . .
at this juncture, i'll rest my case for the insider(kitaun) to come and add some [b]'street credibility' to this 'imbroglio' since its a street soccer project[/b]

@princekay1
don't mind Mustay
na Agbaje send am. . . Lmao

u dey craze grin grin grin grin

which time u become cobhams? cool

what makes u think Kitaun doesn't smoke the ganja

THINKING, CARING, WORKING

e'body loffs Jimi Agbaje
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by princekay1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Mustay
Are you talking about Agbaje who lost out totally in spite of the 'wards' he was throwing around? JK who could not secure victory in Apapa where he claimed as his base?
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Mustay
Billy cobham? NO way!
na me be Nice. .alapomeji

yeah, everybody loves Agbaje. . .i believe u
credible polls dont lie. . .abi tribunal don talk otherwise?
in this case, it should be
Eko o ni baje. .fashola na baba!!
lmao. . .
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by galatico(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2008
Am in support of Kanu, he is right cause the money used to invite Ferdinand should have been used for something esle to better the life of the citizen of Lagos State not on such frivoulous expenses.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
princekay1:

@Mustay
Are you talking about Agbaje who lost out totally in spite of the 'wards' he was throwing around? JK who could not secure victory in Apapa where he claimed as his base?

see this one!

Who tell u say OBJ was voted for in OTTA? grin grin

tkb417:

yeah, everybody loves Agbajei believe u

wormy, na Cobhams Asuquo i dey yarn; not chelsea's cobham cool grin
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by yemmight(m): 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2008
@marosky
When you said Rio is not popular than Martins & co in Naija. I think we have seen more of them and I think our youth will be also happy to be associated other colours and European and Premiership Champions too.

@wormedup
All i'm saying is, Fash's approach to problem solving is upside down ! last things first ! what's the ideology behind Rio's invitation ? kick start street soccer ? chieftaincy title ?? does it really figure.

You are not even reasoning well in your comments. Please can you tell us first thing Fashola should do to b4 bringing in Rio?. Chieftaincy thing. Are you now saying Fashola is Akiolu? I think the whole hatred here is still the pain of loosing everything in the premiership and UEFA.

I think you guys have to forget the greatest loss and let us all face reality pls.

bgees

You don’t know a thing. The initiator of this street soccer is a Chelsea fan. Commissioner for Sport in Lagos. Adeniji Adele. @ least if the guy can bring in a Chelsea player, but it will be mistaken to bring a losers team to come and inspire our youths in Nigeria.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by CARUSO(m): 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2008
galatico:

Am in support of Kanu, he is right cause the money used to invite Ferdinand should have been used for something esle to better the life of the citizen of Lagos State not on such frivoulous expenses.

I think it is a massive waste of money

What is the fucking point of spending that much money on someone that earns a massive wager?

Just beco.z the Gov. of Lagos loves sports doesnt mean he can justify spending taxpayers money recklessly

Real Ferdinand rich now, why he no buy im own ticket and pay for im own hotel?

What i don't get is the fucking point of inviting him down?!

NIGERIAN LEADERS WOULD NEVER LEARN, stupid Englebert Humperdinks!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Borrusia Dortmund Sign Paco Alcacer From Barcelona On A Permanent Deal (Photo) / Mali Vs South Africa: AFCON 2023 (2 - 0) On 16th January 2024 / Alternative Routes During Access Bank Lagos City Marathon February 11 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.