Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,831 members, 7,893,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 07:49 AM

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni (43082 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
DerideGull:

Are you alright you wrote the above crap especially the third stanza? Like everything to post on this forum, you find cunning niche to show your tribally biased colors. To you, the first coup was Igbo not south, west, midwest or east but the second coup was north not Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Tiv, Idoma or Nupe.

No wonder the northerners think they were born to rule Nigeria because large number of confused southerners are readily available to defend their silly acts.

Don't be obtuse - the Northerners banded together not as an ethnic group but as a region.

Must everything be explained to you? A northerner can be used in the same context as an European. A people can be identified by race, region, colour.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by ACM10: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
Katsumoto:

The mind is a powerful thing. grin grin grin

That applies to you.

Should I post the debates here? grin

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by PhysicsQED(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
DerideGull:

Dede1 has painstakingly listed the names and ranks of Igbo officers in Nigerian armed forces from Major General to Captain as of January 15, 1966, the number has already trumped the total number the goofy British named Robin Luckham got from Nigeria during the war, yet PhysicsQED and Katsumoto are in doubt.

I have asked the doubters to produce their lists of Edo and Yoruba Officers of Nigerian armed forces prior to January 15, 1966 or shut their putrid mouths. Since PhysicsQED has been busy talking about Official Gazettes, it will settle issue if PhysicsQED could provide the Official Gazettes so the few donkeys that jumped onto this thread could judge for them selves.

I hate Nigeria because of people such as PhysicsQED and Katsumoto who seemed to embrace intellectual laziness. Certain issues that engulfed Nigeria and were propagated by rumors and innuendos fueled by tribal bias spurred me to embark on exploratory research on the formatives years of Nigeria.

I think you're not being objective here. Yes, you "painstakingly" compiled the list, but your research so far has not been "painstaking" enough.

In the first place, you said repeatedly that the list you posted does not even include all the Igbo officers as of Jan. 1966 - so it's clearly not meant to be a list of all the Igbo officers, whether combat status or non-combatant. ('Dede1 still have hundreds of Igbo officers from the ranks of Lieutenant to Second Lieutenant that were not listed.' - your earlier post)

At the same time, the list you originally posted still included some non-combatant officers - so it wasn't even meant to be a list of just the combat status officers either.

When you take the time to

a) actually form a list that includes all the Igbo officers as of Jan. 1966, whether combat status or non-combatant

and

a) compare such a list to a list of all the Nigerian officers as of Jan. 1966, regardless of ethnicity

or

b) actually form a list that includes all the combat-status Igbo officers only

and

b) compare such a list to a list of all the combat-status Nigerian officers as of Jan. 1966, regardless of ethnicity

Then you can determine what the percentage was (of combat status officers, or of all officers) that was Igbo and determine whether or not the existing published statistics that have been referenced previously are flawed. Until you make an actual comparison, it doesn't seem that there's much significance to your list just by itself. It seems to me that the burden of proof is on you (to disprove the existing statistics), but you don't seem willing to carry out (b) above, and for some strange reason, think your list alone is enough.

By the way, even if I had had some serious interest in this (rather minor) detail to begin with, I can't see myself scanning and uploading all the Official Gazettes of the government from the 1950s to 1966, if I'm not going to publish something on that. However, I think I've actually done you a favor - if you actually wish to attempt to debunk Luckham's research, or put your claims on firmer ground, I've directed you (and another poster) in this thread to exactly the resource to use to do that.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
PhysicsQED:

I think you're not being objective here. Yes, you "painstakingly" compiled the list, but your research so far has not been "painstaking" enough.

In the first place, you said repeatedly that the list you posted does not even include all the Igbo officers as of Jan. 1966 - so it's clearly not meant to be a list of all the Igbo officers, whether combat status or non-combatant. ('Dede1 still have hundreds of Igbo officers from the ranks of Lieutenant to Second Lieutenant that were not listed.' - your earlier post)

At the same time, the list you originally posted still included some non-combatant officers - so it wasn't even meant to be a list of just the combat status officers either.

a) actually form a list that includes all the Igbo officers as of Jan. 1966, whether combat status or non-combatant

and

a) compare such a list to a list of all the Nigerian officers as of Jan. 1966, regardless of ethnicity

or

and

b) compare such a list to a list of all the combat-status Nigerian officers as of Jan. 1966, regardless of ethnicity

Then you can determine what the percentage was (of combat status officers, or of all officers) that was Igbo and determine whether or not the existing published statistics that have been referenced previously are flawed. Until you make an actual comparison, it doesn't seem that there's much significance to your list just by itself. It seems to me that the burden of proof is on you (to disprove the existing statistics), but you don't seem willing to carry out (b) above, and for some strange reason, think your list alone is enough.

By the way, even if I had had some serious interest in this (rather minor) detail to begin with, I can't see myself scanning and uploading all the Official Gazettes of the federal government from the 1950s to 1966, if I'm not going to publish something on that. However, I think I've actually done you a favor - if you actually wish to attempt to debunk Luckham's research, or put your claims on firmer ground, I've directed you (and another poster) in this thread to exactly the resource to use to do that.

Finally, I'm not sure what relevance the list of Yoruba or Edo officers is supposed to have here - there were a lot of other ethnic groups in Nigeria in 1966, in case you forgot.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I was starting to doubt whether no one understood my point. I don't know why its so difficult to understand that one needs two sets of numbers to arrive at a percentage.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nku5: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Google it, using the words.

I guessed as much. Not an ounce of substance
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
nku5:

I am shocked to hear your opinion about Unegbe's death being unrelated to the coup when he was shot by the coup plotters during the execution of same. What then was the reason for his death?

Ademulegun reached for a gun and the gunmen shot him. Its the equivalent of a 50/50 challenge in football. For ahmadu bellos wife its neither here nor their. If she was trying to help him get away like a devoted wife might do she would risk getting shot and she went for it. Some accounts have it that he hid behind her and they shot through her. Akintola opened up on the plotters like a real man and went down with pride in my opinion.

As for the hate speeches by ahmadu bello and his ally akintola, are u insinuating that these two men were saints or that they were innocent of what they accused others of? Why did the midwest region choose to go on their own if all was well in the western region and why was J.S. Tarka so gung-ho about middle belt independence from the monolithic north. My personal opinion after reading ahmadu bello's infamous interview where he stated that the north would dominate the south was that the man deserved to be kicked out of any place of authority.

I still also ask why did useni and the northern elite not massacre plateau ppl when murtala was killed by plateau officers? The filthy lies and rhetoric nurtured and recited over time about igbos made it possible for the northerners to commit the genocide. Plain and simple.

1. Unegbe - Anuforo went to Kur Mohammed's house in Apapa. He entered with 3 NCOs and brought Kur Mohammed out ALIVE. He then proceeded to Unegbe's house in the same area of Apapa and entered ALONE. He didn't bring Unegbe out ALIVE. Instead, he came out alone and asked the NCOs to bring out his dead body. From Apapa, Anuforo went to the Federal Guard Officer's Mess. He dumped Unegbe's and Mohammed's bodies there and proceeded to Ikoyi with Chukuka who had arrested Pam. When they got to Ikoyi, Anuforo killed Pam

2. Ademulegun - The killers were the only witnesses, they can claim whatever they want. They could have even said Ademulegun ambushed them. The fact remains that a man was killed with his pregnant wife. How could she help him get away? There were armed men in the bedroom and they went through the door; so how would he have gotten away? Insinuating that a Brigadier hid behind his wife is doing a disservice to his legacy and life. Akintola was expecting the plotters and as such prepared for them like the Aare Onakakanfo that he was. Ademulegun went to bed with his PREGNANT wife, he wasn't expecting anyone at that time of the night. When you give excuses for such dastardly acts, others will equally give excuses for dastardly acts committed against you.

3. I never insinuated that Akintola and Bello were saints. I merely explained why they made certain speeches.

4. It would be inaccurate to state that the Igbo people were killed just because of the coup. Igbo people had suffered this fate in the North in 1945 and 1953. Clearly there was a bigger issue at play which was ignored by Igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by ijawcitizen(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Maybe the above post will help explain why yorubas were having wrestling matches called kirijiri war with each other when the british came,while the trouble loving igbos were busy living in harmony with their isoko neighbours in aboh kingdom, ijaw neighbours in bonny and opobo, igala neighbours in agulueri,ibibio neighbours in arochukwu and annang neighbours in ngwa.

It would also help explain why the oba of bini together with other midwestern monarchs, sought to leave the western tribal region, hmm. Tell me something. *grins*
Small boy, your stupidity is really profound!

Igbos never came to live with us in Bonny & Opobo, but at Ndoki. That is where you find a Kingdom founded by Ijaws absorbed by the wandering Igbos. What you see as ancestral connections between the Ndokis & Ibani Ijaws (Bonny & Opobo) is not an Igbo link, but actually AN IJAW ANCESTRAL CONNECTION. But ignorant ones like you take it to mean Ijaws having Igbo ancestors.

The Midwesterners left Western Region because they don't want to be "Minorities under the larger Yoruba people. Nobody wants to be "minority to anybody. We Ijaw rejected that tag too.

The Ijaws and other minorities smaller nations in the DEAD Eastern Region also opted for self determination, but the Igbos like their Northern counterparts fought against it. And also went ahead to include our region in their Biafra project in defiance to the outright rejection of Ijaw people because according to them -we were irrelevant in their calculations, and they were right- we were irrelevant!

Whatever our objections to their DECREE may be, it was irrevelant afterall they've got enough soldiers to invade us & put us in line FOREVER. Well, how is that working out for Igbos today? Now they are back, begging for REGIONAL INTEGRATION in exchange for support of President Jonathan in 2015.

It was only the Yorubas that were civil enough to let the Midwesterner chart the course of their own development politically & otherwise, which MW Igbo groups also benefitted from.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
If their lame explanation still remains benevolentGod smiled on their leaders and angels of God protected them and He was callous enough to ensure leaders of other regions were not protected; then the same benevolent God and host of Angels were fair enough to ensure they were not protected in the counter-coup. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
pcicero: It was this same incompetent man and his party that your people could align with during the first republic.
Perhaps, the intention was to subjugate them politically and when that failed, they had to be killed.

Well said.

Hausa are incompetent, Yet Ibos have never stopped being their ally in 1960, 1979, 1983, 1993 etc

Its always the Angelic Ibos allying as junior partners with these devilish Hausas
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
ijaw citizen: Small boy, your stupidity is really profound!

Igbos never came to live with us in Bonny & Opobo, but at Ndoki. That is where you find a Kingdom founded by Ijaws absorbed by the wandering Igbos. What you see as ancestral connections between the Ndokis & Ibani Ijaws (Bonny & Opobo) is not an Igbo link, but actually AN IJAW ANCESTRAL CONNECTION. But ignorant ones like you take it to mean Ijaws having Igbo ancestors.

The Midwesterners left Western Region because they don't want to be "Minorities under the larger Yoruba people. Nobody wants to be "minority to anybody. We Ijaw rejected that tag too.

The Ijaws and other minorities smaller nations in the DEAD Eastern Region also opted for self determination, but the Igbos like their Northern counterparts fought against it. And also went ahead to include our region in their Biafra project in defiance to the outright rejection of Ijaw people because according to them -we were irrelevant in their calculations, and they were right- we were irrelevant!

Whatever our objections to their DECREE may be, it was irrevelant afterall they've got enough soldiers to invade us & put us in line FOREVER. Well, how is that working out for Igbos today? Now they are back, begging for REGIONAL INTEGRATION in exchange for support of President Jonathan in 2015.

It was only the Yorubas that were civil enough to let the Midwesterner chart the course of their own development politically & otherwise, which MW Igbo groups also benefitted from.

Yoruba citizen at it again. Bonny and opobo issue had long been trashed in culture section, what does a yoruba citizen know about bonny and opobo?

Oba of bini and other mid western monarchs opted out of western region becos of yoruba tribalism which relegated them to the back sit. Compare this to the east where the obong of calabar was the leader of the eastern house of chiefs,and eyo ita was the premier of the region.

Yoruba citizen, your people are not accommodating of each other( kirijiri wrestling matches), asking them to accommodate the edos,igbos,isoko,uhrobo,itsekiris of this world,proved to be a big ask.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
As for Katz saying its unjustified to kill Ibo civilians. I disagree.

Its fully justified in every way.

You dont come and kill my leaders and tell me whats justified after that.

Like I always say less than 30 Arab men bombed WTC in Sept 11. Now would you tell the US that the thousands of Arabs collateral damage are not justified

Once you take the initial action you lose all right to determine whats justified unless you are more powerful

So everything done in response to that January 15 coup is fully Justified.

9 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
PhysicsQED:

and

or

and

By the way, even if I had had some serious interest in this (rather minor) detail to begin with, I can't see myself scanning and uploading all the Official Gazettes of the federal government from the 1950s to 1966, if I'm not going to publish something on that. However, I think I've actually done you a favor - if you actually wish to attempt to debunk Luckham's research, or put your claims on firmer ground, I've directed you (and another poster) in this thread to exactly the resource to use to do that.

Another lenghty reply,yet the list is still missing. *sighs*
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
dayokanu: As for Katz saying its unjustified to kill Ibo civilians. I disagree.

Like I always say less than 30 Arab men bombed WTC in Sept 11. Now would you tell the US that the thousands of Arabs collateral damage are not justified

Once you take the initial action you lose all right to determine whats justified unless you are more powerful

Ok, we have heard you, but how will the above post make Ibadan,the craddle of yoruba civilization,to stop being an eye sore? And further more,how would it make the yorubas to stop the power grab game they started with awo? How will it change the fact that there are no yoruba in any high position of authority in naija today?

Could the power grabing antics of the yoruba be a justification for their region being mudhouse infested today?

#scratching my head#

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by ACM10: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
dayokanu: As for Katz saying its unjustified to kill Ibo civilians. I disagree.

Chei! See dangerous combination of bigotry, extremism and lunacy. Bros I query your sanity. These are elite followers of Katsumoto. Bros you are in dire need of a shrink. embarassed cheesy

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Well said.

Hausa are incompetent, Yet Ibos have never stopped being their ally in 1960, 1979, 1983, 1993 etc

Its always the Angelic Ibos allying as junior partners with these devilish Hausas
Igbo people are the beautiful bride of Hausa people. Or how do you explain why during the 1979 and 1983 elections, with the aftermath of the Civil War still fresh, Ojukwu and Achebe joined northern parties? And Ekwueme became VP.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

I would advise and recommend that every yoruba bigot out there print and paste this wonderful post of mine on a wall close to his/her bed, he should meditate on it every morning when he wakes up,and every night before he sleeps,it would cure his igbophobia. Any one of them that gets cured must pm me,and thank me,failure to do that will.... *grins*

Well, this remains the most effective cure for igbophobia, don't die in silence,just print it out and paste, it works like magic, i already have people bearing witness of it's effectiveness. *grins*

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza: It would appear we have to drum this into the ears of yorubas.

Zik forming alliance with the north was as a result of awo treachery,when awo came to zik to form alliance against the north,and sent akintola at the same time to north to form alliance against the east, awo was a typical yorubaman,i suspect he played this same game against ojukwu, anyway, zik was a wise man, he caught awo on his act, and told the north about awo's dishonesty,and went ahead to form an alliance with the north. It was yoruba power grabing antics that killed the would be southern unity, and pushed zik towards north,leaving awo and his yoruba people frustrated.

Rather than blame themselves and their treacherous behaviour for their lack of political power,the yorubas would go on and blame Igbos and zik for not allowing themselves to be used by the yorubas to grab power,like they later did with ojukwu.

The yorubas would later try to take central power by force,since their treachery couldn't give it to them legally, their kingpin was caught, tried by a court of law and rightfully jailed.

Rather than blame their power grabing mission for their travails and the imprisonment of their kingpin, the yorubas would once again cast all their blame on igbos, accusing igbos of setting awo up. Oh dear!

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the miracle working therapy for Igbophobia,it was genetically modified to cure only those with yoruba genes. Don't take this therapy if you have no yoruba genes in you,as it would be ineffective.

Our special team of scientists are working day and night to formulate a suitable therapy for other nigerian groups suffering from this fatal disease known as IGBOPHOBIA.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by MafiaMan: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Well said.

Sai San Turakin Darazo. . .cool

The funniest thing of all, is they supported the so-called incompetent northerners.

Look at Ojukwu licking the yansh of IBB here against Jonathan.

“Tell your principal that Igbos are for him. He has my
support and by extension he has the support of the
whole Igbo people both at home and in the Diaspora. He
is my friend and I am stoutly behind him,” Ojukwu said.
He used the occasion to rechristen Babangida as
Okechukwu. “He is now Ibrahim Badamasi Okechukwu
Babangida. That is his new name. I wish him success.”
Earlier,

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/21981/1/ojukwu-pledges-support-of-igbos-for-ibb.html

Later, these deluded peeps will be calling the northerners incompetent.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Eledan: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Yoruba citizen at it again. Bonny and opobo issue had long been trashed in culture section, what does a yoruba citizen know about bonny and opobo?

Oba of bini and other mid western monarchs opted out of western region becos of yoruba tribalism which relegated them to the back sit. Compare this to the east where the obong of calabar was the leader of the eastern house of chiefs,and eyo ita was the premier of the region.

Yoruba citizen, your people are not accommodating of each other( kirijiri wrestling matches), asking them to accommodate the edos,igbos,isoko,uhrobo,itsekiris of this world,proved to be a big ask.

So anyone that don't agree with your bigotry is Yoruba by default.?

Life must be very tough for you knowing that you can't live without coming to the same Yorubaland that you so much despise it people.

Sucks to be Ibo.

8 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Malawian(m): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
you know, i studied literature in secondary school, and i was quite good at it. going through this thread, one wonders if it wouldnt have been a better intellectual challenge for our kids inarguing for or against either side.

we bungled it big time.

some people dont even want all the truth to come to light.

meanwhile or kids are getting colonized the more with "Shakespeare" and "Charles dickens"

na woah.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
Eledan:

So anyone that don't agree with your bigotry is Yoruba by default.?

Life must be very tough for you knowing that you can't live without coming to the same Yorubaland that you so much despise it people.

Sucks to be Ibo.

yoruba citizen,is that you? *grins*

Wondering what ethnic group you will assign to this your new moniker, seeing as you are now running out of ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Ok, we have heard you, but how will the above post make Ibadan,the craddle of yoruba civilization,to stop being an eye sore? And further more,how would it make the yorubas to stop the power grab game they started with awo? How will it change the fact that there are no yoruba in any high position of authority in naija today?

Could the power grabing antics of the yoruba be a justification for their region being mudhouse infested today?

#scratching my head#

Ibadan is still way more prosperous than any part of Ibo land. Thats why we have Ibo people flooding to Ibadan in droves.

The GDP of Oyo State is still way higher than that of anywhere in the cursed Alaibo

Yorubas are not in govt today yet their region is still the envy of all your people young or old

While Ibos that are in govt their region are deserted even young Ibo men would rather die in Kano than stay back there

7 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
ACM10:

Chei! See dangerous combination of bigotry, extremism and lunacy. Bros I query your sanity. These are elite followers of Katsumoto. Bros you are in dire need of a shrink. embarassed cheesy

This mumu is here again, If you have any shame you would produce that books you have been going to your grandmothers village library for before even posting anything here

Its been 2 yrs now and this deluded foool is still unable to back up his lies

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by MafiaMan: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
CLASSICAL CASE OF ASSS LICKING BY OJUKWU.

[size=20pt]“Tell your principal that Igbos are for him. He has my
support and by extension he has the support of the
whole Igbo people both at home and in the Diaspora. He
is my friend and I am stoutly behind him,” Ojukwu said.
He used the occasion to rechristen Babangida as
Okechukwu. “He is now Ibrahim Badamasi Okechukwu
Babangida. That is his new name. I wish him success.”
Earlier[/size],

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/21981/1/ojukwu-pledges-support-of-igbos-for-ibb.html

WHY WAS HE DOING THIS? LET'S SEE. . .

Now, the man has taken the provocation further. Ikemba
now wants us to vote for IBB. Now let us face it. I think this
is politics of ‘self and for myself’ on the part of Ikemba
Nnewi. And if I may ask, the so-called houses IBB released
to Ikemba, how many of them did he share with his
supporters, friends and associates he has been using for
years? What have I gained as an Igbo man from the release
of the property? Ikemba Nnewi may need to do more
explanations on what IBB did for South East during his 9
years in office as President. To ask us to vote for IBB
because he released his father’s property is an insult in our
collective intelligence. It does not add up. It makes no
sense.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/no-ikemba-nnewi-igbo-cannot-support-ibb

Later on, the grass munching goats will have the audacity to call the northerners incompetent after opening their legs for the aboki to fvck. Pathetic.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza: It would appear we have to drum this into the ears of yorubas.

Zik forming alliance with the north was as a result of awo treachery,when awo came to zik to form alliance against the north,and sent akintola at the same time to north to form alliance against the east, awo was a typical yorubaman,i suspect he played this same game against ojukwu, anyway, zik was a wise man, he caught awo on his act, and told the north about awo's dishonesty,and went ahead to form an alliance with the north. It was yoruba power grabing antics that killed the would be southern unity, and pushed zik towards north,leaving awo and his yoruba people frustrated.

Rather than blame themselves and their treacherous behaviour for their lack of political power,the yorubas would go on and blame Igbos and zik for not allowing themselves to be used by the yorubas to grab power,like they later did with ojukwu.

The yorubas would later try to take central power by force,since their treachery couldn't give it to them legally, their kingpin was caught, tried by a court of law and rightfully jailed.

Rather than blame their power grabing mission for their travails and the imprisonment of their kingpin, the yorubas would once again cast all their blame on igbos, accusing igbos of setting awo up. Oh dear!

This is one of the problems caused by the British. The socio-cultural development of each ethnic group was different from other groups. Political negotiations and expediency which had been present in the advanced groups wasn't present within the group. What the Ndigbo saw as treachery was not more than political calculations, permutations and negotiations. This is what happens in societies where no single party has a majority.

How do you think governments are formed in nations such as Israel, Germany, Belgium where traditionally, no party has held sway. In the May 2010 elections in the UK, no party won a majority. The Liberal Democrats, who came third, were negotiating with both the Labour party and the Tory party. Some party members wanted to form a party with Labour, its traditional ally while others wanted to form a government with the Tories who won the most seats.

The AG, as it was alleged, did nothing wrong. AG actions were in 1959 and in the year 2013, European parties are still negotiating with fierce rivals to form governments. What Zik and his party saw as treachery in 1959 was nothing more than calculations and negotiations but how could Zik know when he hadn't been exposed to such an environment before?

'Coalition talks began immediately between the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats and lasted for five days. There was an aborted attempt to put together a Labour/Liberal Democrat coalition (although other smaller parties would have been required to make up the ten seats they lacked for a majority).'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2010

Everytime you type, you end up embarrassing yourself (not that you know anyway).

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Ibadan is still way more prosperous than any part of Ibo land. Thats why we have Ibo people flooding to Ibadan in droves.

The GDP of Oyo State is still way higher than that of anywhere in the cursed Alaibo

Yorubas are not in govt today yet their region is still the envy of all your people young or old

While Ibos that are in govt their region are deserted even young Ibo men would rather die in Kano than stay back there

Tell them ooo. I will be surprised if you will not find an iboman in Niger or Chad or Mali.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Eledan: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

yoruba citizen,is that you? *grins*

Wondering what ethnic group you will assign to this your new moniker, seeing as you are now running out of ethnic groups.

You are confused....you've been dazed. cheesy cheesy
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Eledan: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
Malawian: you know, i studied literature in secondary school, and i was quite good at it. going through this thread, one wonders if it wouldnt have been a better intellectual challenge for our kids inarguing for or against either side.

we bungled it big time.

some people dont even want all the truth to come to light.

meanwhile or kids are getting colonized the more with "Shakespeare" and "Charles dickens"

na woah.

You had better be careful what you say again. It must have very traumatizing for you begging Seun and Muki to release your handle.

Any mess from you will result into permanent hibernation of this your handle.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Lies you keep telling yourself to feel happy, keep cooking up fake IGR figures,while hunger keep ravaging your region with hordes of almajiri roaming around everywhere.

Jamb statistics showed us who was applying for university education more in the country, seeing as only well fed persons aspire for uni education,jamb statistics can as well indirectly tell us which region is faring better in naija. When jamb statistics went viral in internet,some people whose region are not faring better ensured that that statistics was stopped.

CBN in conjunction with NAPEP did a study showing SW and the North to be the poorest regions in the country, and SE the zone with lowest poverty rate, some people got too uncomfortable with the truth,and few years later,a new doctored statistics was release SW and Niger state became the regions with lowest poverty rate,and the SE miraculously became the poorest. Funny people.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
and I assure you of three things:
1. Instead of having Republic of Oduduwa, your land will be over run by Igbosstarting from Lagos and heading eastward
2. You will have the presidency of Nigeria but you will never be allowed to buy beans worth 550 naira and your families will be crying that they will soon die of hunger. In other words, there will be 0 benefit to your people even with the presidency.
3. You will never learn how to do business and forever be waiting for crumbs from the table of your masters that come to your land chance you in trading and other businesses your lazy bums can't do. The price will be dictated to you, the quantity, the quality and the amount of oil you put into it.

So shall it be, and the people say..... Amen! Isee!!! grin gringringringrin

Orlando Owoh:
I assure you of three things:
1. You will not get your Biafra.
2. You will remain a slave in Nigeria because those that are politically sophisticated won't allow you to produce the president.
3. You will continue to do your business outside Alaigbo with your host community dictating for you.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Lies you keep telling yourself to feel happy, keep cooking up fake IGR figures,while hunger keep ravaging your region with hordes of almajiri roaming around everywhere.

Jamb statistics showed us who was applying for university education more in the country, seeing as only well fed persons aspire for uni education,jamb statistics can as well indirectly tell us which region is faring better in naija. When jamb statistics went viral in internet,some people whose region are not faring better ensured that that statistics was stopped.

CBN in conjunction with NAPEP did a study showing SW and the North to be the poorest regions in the country, and SE the zone with lowest poverty rate, some people got too uncomfortable with the truth,and few years later,a new doctored statistics was release SW and Niger state became the regions with lowest poverty rate,and the SE miraculously became the poorest. Funny people.

^^ All these things are meaningless when over 50% of your populace in Alaibo would rather live elsewhere than in the lands of their forefathers

What would chase 50% out of their fatherland if not war, famine or poverty?

We know whats ravaging Alaibo

You can lie with GDP stats, NAPEP stats, JAMB stats, poverty stats but one thing cant be disguised Its the human traffic which regardless of any stats move towards prosperity and away from poverty

let Mexico release stats saying they are better educated, have a better standard of living, have better GDP, the truth lies in the Border where millions of Mexicans are doing everything to enter the US

Before I complete this post, At least 100 buses filled with Ibo men have departed and fled the poverty in Alabo for anywhere else

I really Pity you.

Like Fashola said what is chasing young Ibomen away from their lands if not bad govt and poverty

4 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Btw, nobody wants SW, we only want lagos,as we are well aware that lagos is 'no man's land' and not part of SW.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Youths In Rivers Bury PDP In A Coffin (Photos) / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets / Akin Alabi Joins Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.