Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,364 members, 7,923,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:48 AM

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni (43192 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
owobokiri: [s]Totally nonplussing how some loafers think that Sterile internet rants/taunts will EVER encourage igbos to shy away from completing the total economic DOMINATION of Lagos and her surroundings as destiny beckons. Very funny indeed! You tried progroms, then genocide/ethnic cleansing, then war, then state sponsored pauparisation/marginalization/exclusions....They all failed.. Now , in all your inventive splendor, the best you can come up with is to project your tiger faces at every igbo while shouting "go back and develope your red mud, erosion ravaged villages"! Thats so lame. . Do you really think that these ruggedly built bunch of goal getting Africans will be quite easily scared off by this chest thumping antics of some lousy cowards? You Awo urchins need to come up with something a bit more sophisticated than this shyte.. , this is so juvenile. . Whatever it is you come up with though, never try violence unless you want to turn your much loved "center of commerce" into the "center of conflict".[/s]

The legendary chest thumping ......Ojuiku and his fellow bandits made louder noise than this.

Next person jaree.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Italiano1: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Malawian:

grin grin grin grin pls, have you ever seen a yorubaman take gala and caprison before?

The best people to ask are your ibo brothers that run over 100km in Lagos traffic everyday selling them. They will give you a breakdown of their customer base.

11 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
Italiano1:

The best people to ask are your ibo brothers that run over 100km in Lagos traffic everyday selling them. They will give you a breakdown of their customer base.

grin grin grin grin succinct response!

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by PhysicsQED(m): 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ DerideGull,

Whenever you return to the thread, I have another question, and I hope you can explain this to me because something seems a bit puzzling about your current list right now. You mentioned Captain A.G. Ozumba in your list that you posted earlier in this thread. But wasn't A.G. Ozumba a captain in the Nigerian Navy, not the Army? I have the same question about Captain E Ukiwe that you mentioned as well. If I am mistaken on this count, please give a correction and an explanation of when they became officers in the Navy or if they never did. It seems some of those on your list were in the armed forces, but not in the Army.

I went back to look at Luckham's book (because I thought I might be able to discover how you and Luckham were arriving at different figures on a rather simple and straightforward question), only to find that those particular statistics in Luckham's book (511 officers, 330 of these being combat status officers) are for the Army, not the entire military and he explicitly says that he's referring only to the Army, not the entire Armed Forces, in those instances where he's talking about those 330 officers.

I suspect that you and Katsumoto can come closer to reaching a consensus on this issue if it is made more explicit whether you guys are talking about one particular branch of the armed forces (the Army) or about the entire military. Honestly, it's not clear which of these two groups (the Army, or the entire military) this officers disagreement between you and Katsumoto was truly about and I think that in the course of your debates, it may have become unclear which group (the Army alone, or the entire military) was being considered. For example, in your post earlier in this thread where you listed those Igbo officers, before the names in the list, you wrote above that:

"Igbo Officers in Nigerian Army as of January 15, 1966 by Dede1"

So one would think that you really meant the Nigerian Army. However, in your most recent comment towards me, where you quoted me, you said:

"Dede1 has painstakingly listed the names and ranks of Igbo officers in Nigerian armed forces from Major General to Captain as of January 15, 1966"

So, in this instance, one would think you really meant the entire Nigerian armed forces.

There seems to be a disconnect between those two statements.

I guess the issue really is, what are you and Katsumoto disagreeing about - the ethnic composition of the officers in the Nigerian Army as of January 1966, or the ethnic composition of the officers in the entire Nigerian Armed Forces as of January 1966?

@ Katsumoto,

What do you think of the part in pp. 47-50 of the book (in the section called 'The spectre of tribalism'), where Luckham casts serious doubt (with what I think is a rather convincing argument) on the idea of it being an "Igbo coup"? I remember we discussed this issue before a long time ago, but I think Luckham makes a better argument than I did against the idea (although he doesn't talk much about the political climate in that particular section of the book). Is there some particular reason that you think Luckham's doubts (against the "Igbo coup" idea) are misguided or unconvincing?
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
Malawian:

grin grin grin grin pls, have you ever seen a yorubaman take gala and caprison before?

Haha! More like ewedu,amala and gbegiri! Haha!
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
PhysicsQED: @ DerideGull,

Whenever you return to the thread, I have another question, and I hope you can explain this to me because something seems a bit puzzling about your current list right now. You mentioned Captain A.G. Ozumba in your list that you posted earlier in this thread. But wasn't A.G. Ozumba a captain in the Nigerian Navy, not the Army? I have the same question about Captain E Ukiwe that you mentioned as well. If I am mistaken on this count, please give a correction and an explanation of when they became officers in the Navy or if they never did. It seems some of those on your list were in the armed forces, but not in the Army.

I went back to look at Luckham's book (because I thought I might be able to discover how you and Luckham were arriving at different figures on a rather simple and straightforward question), only to find that those particular statistics in Luckham's book (511 officers, 330 of these being combat status officers) are for the Army, not the entire military and he explicitly says that he's referring only to the Army, not the entire Armed Forces, in those instances where he's talking about those 330 officers.

I suspect that you and Katsumoto can come closer to reaching a consensus on this issue if it is made more explicit whether you guys are talking about one particular branch of the armed forces (the Army) or about the entire military. Honestly, it's not clear which of these two groups (the Army, or the entire military) this officers disagreement between you and Katsumoto was truly about and I think that in the course of your debates, it may have become unclear which group (the Army alone, or the entire military) was being considered. For example, in your post earlier in this thread where you listed those Igbo officers, before the names in the list, you wrote above that:

So one would think that you really meant the Nigerian Army. However, in your most recent comment towards me, where you quoted me, you said:

"Dede1 has painstakingly listed the names and ranks of Igbo officers in Nigerian armed forces from Major General to Captain as of January 15, 1966"

So, in this instance, one would think you really meant the entire Nigerian armed forces.

I guess the issue really is, what are you and Katsumoto disagreeing about - the ethnic composition of the officers in the Nigerian Army as of January 1966, or the ethnic composition of the officers in the entire Nigerian Armed Forces as of January 1966?

@ Katsumoto,

What do you think of the part in pp. 47-50 of the book (in the section called 'The spectre of tribalism'), where Luckham casts serious doubt (with what I think is a rather convincing argument) on the idea of it being an "Igbo coup"? I remember we discussed this issue before a long time ago, but I think Luckham makes a better argument than I did against the idea (although he doesn't talk much about the political climate in that particular section of the book). Is there some particular reason that you think Luckham's doubts (against the "Igbo coup" idea) are misguided or unconvincing?

Dede1's style is obfuscation - you should know that. He tries to use evasive language so as to wriggle out of situations. I don't understand why you are throwing him a life line when he can't even explain how he arrived at his percentages. How can anyone use three different percentages and still claim to be in the right. Dede1 will not supply his sources, will not provide a total number of officers - as far as this issue is concerned, Dede1 has no credibility.

I will respond to the comment you addressed to me in a couple of hours.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Haha! More like ewedu,amala and gbegiri! Haha!

....and what exactly is wrong with amala...ewedu and gbegiri.?

Some low self esteem.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
dayokanu:

There are more Ibos in Ibadan alone than Yorubas in the whole Southeast

Its poverty that chases everyone out of Alaibo.

Of course,there will be more Igbos in SW( this does not include lagos,as lagos is no mans land) than yorubas in SE, It is for this same reason we have more Igbos in JAMB enrolement stat, more Igbos in Super eagles and super falcons,more igbos in all countries of the world,except UK, more Igbo academicians in diaspora, More Igbos in everything.

We simply have the numbers.

4 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Of course,there will be more Igbos in SW( this does not include lagos,as lagos is no mans land) than yorubas in SE, It is for this same reason we have more Igbos in JAMB enrolement stat, more Igbos in Super eagles and super falcons,more igbos in all countries of the world,except UK, more Igbo academicians in diaspora, More Igbos in everything.

A spread that always leave you vulnerable all over the place you are. Where you lack the critical mass to determine your fate. undecided

Boy...You are really shallow
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by ACM10: 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

grin grin grin
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Italiano1:

At least they are living the true igbo way, standing on their feet,making money in an honest manner, in twenty years time,most of them would become landlords in lagos. It was this igbo hardworking spirit that saw us rise from the wicked post war economic and political challenges naija threw at us, this igbo spirit u see in those gala sellers was the same spirit that built our towns from the ruins of the war,and once more see us stand educationally far ahead of any Nigerian group today.

I guess it's this mockery of hardwork that produced the legions of agberos and almajiri in yorubaland,and turned most yorubas to tenants of igbo landlords that probably came to lagos to sell gala some twenty years ago.

4 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

At least they are living the true igbo way, standing on their feet,making money in an honest manner, in twenty years time,most of them would become landlords in lagos. It was this igbo hardworking spirit that saw us rise from the wicked post war economic and political challenges naija threw at us, this igbo spirit u see in those gala sellers was the same spirit that built our towns from the ruins of the war,and once more see us stand educationally far ahead of any Nigerian group today.

I guess it's this mockery at hardwork that produced the legions of agberos and almajiri in yorubaland,and turned most yorubas to tenants of igbo landlords that probably came to lagos to sell gala some twenty years ago.

Often than not.....I can only laugh off at your comments.

Such awesome naïveté
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Such awesome naïveté

Laugh all you want,that's what life should be. Mine is full of laughter,glad to bring laughter to yours. *grins*
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by SonOfEl(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Such awesome naïveté

...and you think you are making sense right? loser trying to fight his defeat.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Emperor007: 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

grin grin grin

What is this one talking about?

^^^

That you're not talking sense, huh

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Emperor007: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
Eledan:

The whole of Iboland would have been fully decimated before you cross into Ore this time. cheesy

^^^

There's no more Bakassi to negotiate with, put that in your skull.

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Malawian(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
Italiano1:

YOU DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION grin grin grin grin
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Emperor007: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

How many handles you alone dey use on this thread....

person! grin

^^^

Hey watch your mouth, I decided to respond since you didn't want to keep to thread ( topic ).

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Effwazobia: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
Emperor_007:

^^^

Can't you say a word without insulting one?

How old are you?

I betcha not a day pass 22 years old
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
If I tell you that I love your post, its a lie, because "love" is not even a strong enough word to express my appreciation for such a post that captures my mission her on NL since I decided to start posting/commenting in this section.

It seems no matter how many times it is said, explained and broken down for them, they still don't get.... from analogies, examples and most of all... explaining the reality of current affairs in this country... still flies over their head.... so I resorted to just burst their lie bubbles and when I can, try to remind and explain to them that this is an online forum, the closest thing to their imagination and fantacies... kinda like that "game" dreamland or something.. oh its actually "2nd life" I think... but anyways... the earlier they understand this fact you stated, the better for them....

owobokiri: Totally nonplussing how some loafers think that Sterile internet rants/taunts will EVER encourage igbos to shy away from completing the total economic DOMINATION of Lagos and her surroundings as destiny beckons. Very funny indeed! You tried progroms, then genocide/ethnic cleansing, then war, then state sponsored pauparisation/marginalization/exclusions....They all failed.. Now , in all your inventive splendor, the best you can come up with is to project your tiger faces at every igbo while shouting "go back and develope your red mud, erosion ravaged villages"! Thats so lame. . Do you really think that these ruggedly built bunch of goal getting Africans will be quite easily scared off by this chest thumping antics of some lousy cowards? You Awo urchins need to come up with something a bit more sophisticated than this shyte.. , this is so juvenile. . Whatever it is you come up with though, never try violence unless you want to turn your much loved "center of commerce" into the "center of conflict".

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Effwazobia:

I betcha not a day pass 22 years old

Another back-up handle...

You guys are just not smart...no matter how hard you try..

grin grin grin

Where is the next redundant handle to be pulled out?
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ndi onyeoshi.....

Ndi Ara....
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Tolexander: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
PhysicsQED: @ DerideGull,

@ Katsumoto,

the old cargo of pliocene no go like return. Since that day you squeezed his balls on the atrocities committed by the biafran soldiers on the minor tribes has been the day he started avoiding you.
I noticed he was prominent on this thread before your arrival.
His watchword is 'the fear of physicsQED is the summary of wisdom'.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tolexander: the old cargo of pliocene no go like return. Since that day you squeezed his balls on the atrocities committed by the biafran soldiers on the minor tribes has been the day he started avoiding you.
I noticed he was prominent on this thread before your arrival.
His watchword is 'the fear of physicsQED is the summary of wisdom'.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Convoy Shooting: Report Yourself Or Be Declared Wanted, Police Tells Melaye / Muaz Magaji Celebrates Taliban’s Takeover In Afghanistan As ‘Win-Win’ / 2015 ELECTION: INEC Releases List Of Ten Presidential Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.