Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,654 members, 7,902,042 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:26 PM

APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee (21490 Views)

PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by ikweremilitant: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Is this supposed to be news!? Like we didn't see it coming! smiley
i guess mazi aboki d executive clown of imo state never saw dis coming
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by biggie01: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
I have read with keen interest the contribution of fellow nairalanders to this purpottedly biased report and i discovered majority of the responders didnt read the report in between lines. why is the position of the senate president not reported? why is this kind of report coming some days to Anambra gurbernitorial election? which conference was held to conclude on this? a party made up of several conglomerates will just meet in a sitting room of one chieftain to decide? smh!! do you all think the reason for Okorocha's participation is to run for the VP's position in 2015?

To correct your ignorance, it is posible for the party to choose VP from the SW but not in this way, why is it posible:

1. The strenght of this revolution called party is in these regions
2. The party is yet to gain much recognition in the SE, there is need for a long time orientation and political play in this region.
3. Over 80% of the governors that made up the party comes from the SW and North.
4. You can add your own.............

Hence, SE will surely have the senate presidents position if eventually APC wins 2015 but they have 80% chances of becoming either VP or president in 2019 on the condition that they unanimously vote for APC. it is no magic, it is a struggle, a struggle that started far back as 2007 between the SW and the North. a region that is yet to vote massively for a party to become their governor, is that the region one expects to have a massive support for the VP's position just because one of them is choosing? infact Okorocha himself knows this that the future of SE is in their hands because what devide them is worst than even their agitation and this the fact that they are not united politically. truth is bitter yet it has to be told.

Another fact, Okorocha will not leave APC even after the presidential primaries why because:

1. He will go for his second term has governor, the state APC political structure is too sentitive at present to handover to another person.

2. He knows how shallow oriented his region his as far as the party is concern and this is the reason he has been doing everything in his capacity to secure their support, not until then he wont campaign for such position.

3. If he tries to pick the ticket, he will not win the primaries not until he is able to secure the region with the support of his associates.

2 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by DonMagicJuan: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Is this supposed to be news!? Like we didn't see it coming! smiley

abi ohh. everyone knows that APC has already bowed to northern agitators to rule as a right.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
Most Igbos don't show support for APC.. If this News is true then i think it's a welcome development... We can't continue inviting igbos to salvation as they keep running towards there ruin... Usual blind follow follow... Buh To be sincere na division i want pass.. Regionalism is manageable though

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by mandarin: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
tobnical: Fayemi on point!!!!!

The ,odd seem to be in favor of Fayemi of EKiti state if this news is true.Its believable though because candidates have to come from where the party is strongest. Calculations will put Fashola as CJN while Tinubu caucaus will retain the most powerful ,portfolio as part of a norther President which will give him a massive control of the Presidency. In fact Fashola may be elected to the senate and he will become the senate Preident, why not?
Fayemi is more receptive of ideas and can be a party compliance guy the stuff Tinubu will like to maintain his influence. Negotiation will be stiff like APC controlling Justice, Energy, ,Maritime and may be Finance Ministries. I wish them the best but honesty desire a restructured Nigeria before then with 70% derivation for emerging states/regions
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Chubosky: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zoning it to Southeast would ve been their greatest mistake,because no Igboman is ready to vote for APC.Forget about the selfish personal ambition of people like Okorocha.President Jonathan will go for second term.The Igbos will vote en mass for him.After him,it will now be the turn of Ndigbo...

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by gratiaeo(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kei144: A respected prophet (Suleiman?) wrote clearly that Igbos should forget Nigeria's presidency (forever), but unbelieving Igbos think it is a joke. Igbos don't know what it means to be Jews. Being Jews means that Deuteronomy 28:15-68 applies to Igbos.

De. 28:15 However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving
you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you:
De. 28:36 The LORD will drive you and the king you set over you to a nation unknown to you or your fathers. There you will
worship other gods, gods of wood and stone.
De. 28:37 You will become a thing of horror and an object of scorn and ridicule to all the nations where the LORD will drive you.

Thanks be to God that end time has come. https://www.nairaland.com/1447777/apocalyptic-end-time-begins-2014

Igbos will become a prominent people known to the whole world, but the prominence will be due to spiritual accomplishments and not political, academic, scientific, or business accomplishments. Now is a time for paradigm shift towards spiritual inclination for wise Igbos.
Hmmm
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
biggie01: I have read with keen interest the contribution of fellow nairalanders to this purpottedly biased report and i discovered majority of the responders didnt read the report in between lines. why is the position of the senate president not reported? why is this kind of report coming some days to Anambra gurbernitorial election? which conference was held to conclude on this? a party made up of several conglomerates will just meet in a sitting room of one chieftain to decide? smh!! do you all think the reason for Okorocha's participation is to run for the VP's position in 2015?

To correct your ignorance, it is posible for the party to choose VP from the SW but not in this way, why is it posible:

2. The party is yet to gain much recognition in the SE, there is need for a long time orientation and political play in this region.
3. Over 80% of the governors that made up the party comes from the SW and North.

Hence, SE will surely have the senate presidents position if eventually APC wins 2015 but they have 80% chances of becoming either VP or president in 2019 on the condition that they unanimously vote for APC. it is no magic, it is a struggle, a struggle that started far back as 2007 between the SW and the North. a region that is yet to vote massively for a party to become their governor, is that the region one expects to have a massive support for the VP's position just because one of them is choosing? infact Okorocha himself knows this that the future of SE is in their hands because what devide them is worst than even their agitation and this the fact that they are not united politically. truth is bitter yet it has to be told.

Another fact, Okorocha will not leave APC even after the presidential primaries why because:

1. He will go for his second term has governor, the state APC political structure is too sentitive at present to handover to another person.

2. He knows how shallow oriented his region his as far as the party is concern and this is the reason he has been doing everything in his capacity to secure their support, not until then he wont campaign for such position.

3. If he tries to pick the ticket, he will not win the primaries not until he is able to secure the region with the support of his associates.
Thanks for your sensible contribution! At least with people like you,there is hope for the youths in this country called Nigeria. Some people are just so daft and stoopid with they way they reason. No wonder this country isn't moving nowhere!
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by whitecat007: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ibos and their mind game again. 98% of you here are for pdp and the few of you leaning Apc will be rewarded with a befitting slot, but not anything close to the presidency cos your number is just not there.
For those of you crying for Rocha and Ngige, keep doing ya thing cos this is just about it for you regardless of which way it goes the tears must come
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by mandarin: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
blaise26.abj:
South- West people are not cows that follow-follow what these thieves in politics permutate. SW has always analysed the situation of things before voting, which is devoid of influence of Tinubu. 2011 elections is an indication of this. State level, people in the SW voted for AC and PDP @ the national level. Drawing from performance based assessment.

The SW people are not fools. I have talked to 3 anti-PDP people ( i'm one myself) and we all agreed that Goodluck Jonathan has tried in the face of daunting challenges. That devoid of those challenges, he would have done a lot more things. The only part that shows lack of progress is the fight against corruption.

And that is the most important part. I do not support any side and I will vote any sensible combination. Any government that fails to fight corruption in Nigeria wont achieve anything. However its understandable that APC will want to pick its candidates where its assured of winning and looking at the trend of by-elections he may have given up on the East and South and may want to draw hope from where hope exist.
This story may not be true after all election is close in Anambra and it may be a ploy to defeat Ngige in November. If this story is true, well I think he is trying to put his money where his mouth is and beside, where the President comes from is inconsequentials. WE had Obasanjo and now Jonathan, neither of them had benefited ordinary Nigerians from their ethnic groups its just all about sharing political offices to the detriment of ordinary Nigerians.
I don't know what my Igbo folks think about being presdent but Igbo had produced vice presidents and senate Presidents, finace ministers etc yet they could not get the second Niger bridge. I do not see any difference in Jonathan in this wise because majority of Nigerians are not seeing the purported 7% growth in the economy.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by eguityjustice(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
obitwo:

The two regions that have the mass. A christian candidate from the middle belt with a SW muslim VP candidate will kill it
xtian president will nt sell in the north.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by mandarin: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
gratiaeo:
Hmmm

This passage you quoted touched me and I see Africans as part of this.Turning to God help everyone and place us on the pedestal of right civilization because civilization comes with its own ills
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by whitecat007: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
And who are you to speak for the entire SS? If you are from anywhere in Ss, what do you have in common with the rest of the zone?
Nimen: APC should just forget SE and SS if they bring out a Northern Muslim as a Presidential candidate

#TEAMGEJ
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by gratiaeo(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
biggie01: I have read with keen interest the contribution of fellow nairalanders to this purpottedly biased report and i discovered majority of the responders didnt read the report in between lines. why is the position of the senate president not reported? why is this kind of report coming some days to Anambra gurbernitorial election? which conference was held to conclude on this? a party made up of several conglomerates will just meet in a sitting room of one chieftain to decide? smh!! do you all think the reason for Okorocha's participation is to run for the VP's position in 2015?

Very nice.... Pls remind me the number of APC governor in the North
Secondly; what's interest of northern oligarchy is it party or power?
Do you believe that North will support APC if PDP decide to chose their frag bearer from north?

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by OsunOriginal: 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
gboss4sure:

Mention the Bad GEJ stands for.........

You are a very primitive mumu if you dont know the very bad things GEJ respresents.

- corruption tops the list - the reason he refused to clear his asset. No the country is broke with oil theft reaching a very annoying level and Topolo collecting billions of naira for securing our coaster line. This is after fuel subsidy fraud on the watch of the same Mr "I dont ive a damn".

- Nothing is working - power situation is getting worse and all we hear everyday is noise of commissioning of phantom power projects with nothing to show for it.

- ASUU is on strike and more unions to join

- Lawlessness is reaching a frightening hight in the land with the PDP govs/GEJ fight - river state drama, Abuja drama, etc.

- Nothing done about the rising unemployment - if you are feeding people and some other people depend on you, you will understand what I mean but a student like you may not appreciate it. When you get out of school, you will know.

- Reckless spending

- no vision, no inspiration, no idea.

3 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by simpleseyi: 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
buchaisky: Rochas seemed to have forgotten the world famous saying "NEVER EVER TRUST A YORUBA MAN" smh for him. Ojukwu should have schooled him on that....

You are right, it is better to trust Ibos that declared a war, lost woefully and start crying genocide. it is better to trust Ibos that voted for a Hausa in the person of Shehu Sagari and wanted Yorubas to help them to own Lagos. it is better to trust Ibos that voted a Hausa man in the person of Bashir Tofa against MKO though MKO still defeated them hands down, yet they want Yorubas to support clueless Jonathan. You Ibos will never ever rule Nigeria. Hausa/Fulani have used you several times, now the Ijaw fool is using you and will dump you when he is through.

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by donphilopus: 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
kaeto: we don't need your zöned position, we don't need your apc, we just don't want to pertake in your hypocrisy. GEJ all the way..
we're talking about APC here not PDP
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by whitecat007: 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
You know it has worked for them in the past, so they are trying to see if it will still work
danny301:

When you guys talk about Rochas been used and abandoned, it beats me, the reason for such assertion...I feel, this is the same mentality of 'I, before others' that has held this country down for too long. APC has eleven serving govs, several dozens of senators, Ex-ministers etc, so what is too special about Rochas that almost everybody thought he must be the party's presidential or vice presidential candidate and anything short of that means he is been used and abandoned?... Talking about used about used and abandoned, nobody has been used and abandoned in APC yet, at-least not Rochas... If you are talking about used and abandoned as in the real sense of it, PDP is the perfect example of that. Its PDP that relegated and frustrated her founding fathers out of the party. APC, as bad as it may be can't be said to be guilty of that yet except we are only judging them based on what we think they have the potential to do and not what they have actually done...All other governors in APC contributed to the party more than Rochas who just came in from APGA did, besides Rochas is still the governor of Imo State who is entitled to contesting for a 2nd term so i can't how anybody has used, let alone abandoning him in all these.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by biggie01: 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
gratiaeo:
Very nice.... Pls remind me the number of APC governor in the North
Secondly; what's interest of northern oligarchy is it party or power?
Do you believe that North will support APC if PDP decide to chose their frag bearer from north?

For your infomation, APC has four northern governors and SE has only one, as for oligarchy or power, if you like call it autocracy or inpunity what matter is, they are united and if democracy is allowed they will win because of their consensus.

Finally the north will vote overwhelming for APC even if PDP chose a chore northern candidate, see let remind you that the major vehicle of massive support for APC is not who PDP brings but how transparent their primaries are and also the sincerity of their chieftains. so long Buhari and Tinubu including Rochas put Nigeria ahead of their selfish interest, APC will subdue Aso villa come 2015.

2 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Billygee2u: 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=Ngwakwe]What kind rumour be this?

This was never the bargain. An inside source can authoritatively affirm that the Vice Presidential slot was promised to the South East if they can form an APC political bloc (no matter how little) and this necessitated the fractionation of APGA.

What then becomes of my boss Rochas Okorocha?

[/quote

OKOROCHA is a looser and will soon regret
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by k2039: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
victorv12: I don't understand these our politicians. They said they don't want a Muslim muslim ticket! Our political leaders are very selfish...They love using the tactics of divide and rule to carry out their political ambition. Why must they segregate us by creating more tribal and religious tension all the time! All we need are honest people that are willing to serve... Nigerians don't care if they're Igbos or from one unknown tribe, or the person is worshiping an unknown god. As long the elected candidates can deliver us from our political plunderers and the Nigeria corrupt oligarchs, they're welcomed. I wonder why they're using religion as a yardstick to be elected into the political office. What the party should be doing is to create a platform for Nigerians at home and the ones living outside the country with good leadership qualities that have the fear of Nigerians... not using religion, tribe and regional aspects to select leaders. Majority of our leaders are sensless!! I wonder why the non-incumbent always want to challenge the incumbent by creating segregation all the time...Nigeria won't grow with these kind of useless political parties. The real civilized level minded Nigeria technocrats are sleeping...It's high time for them to wakeup! All these neo-colonial bastard rulers will finish us if we don't fight back!
The honest truth is that most Nigerians are clueless and they will vote based on Ethnicity and Religion.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Billygee2u: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
buchaisky: Rochas seemed to have forgotten the world famous saying "NEVER EVER TRUST A YORUBA MAN" smh for him. Ojukwu should have schooled him on that....

Nwa nna,apiago ha ya okorocha
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
All the best!
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by OsunOriginal: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
blaise26.abj:
South- West people are not cows that follow-follow what these thieves in politics permutate. SW has always analysed the situation of things before voting, which is devoid of influence of Tinubu. 2011 elections is an indication of this. State level, people in the SW voted for AC and PDP @ the national level. Drawing from performance based assessment.

The SW people are not fools. I have talked to 3 anti-PDP people ( i'm one myself) and we all agreed that Goodluck Jonathan has tried in the face of daunting challenges. That devoid of those challenges, he would have done a lot more things. The only part that shows lack of progress is the fight against corruption.

Who and who agreed that GEJ has tried? Tell me one thing he has done? You now have power in your village 24x7?

Power situation is getting worse despite the noise about power plant project commissioning.

Corruption is becoming more of way of life.

Tell me one thing GEJ has done to better your life as ordinary Nigerian?
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by dayokanu(m): 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
APC doesnt need SE votes to win the election

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Gamboh55(m): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Those of you talking about a northern christian presidential candidate for d APC make me laugh...It is far more possible for the core northerners to vote for GEJ than a northern christian in 2015....The best presidential candidate for APC is a muslim northerner.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by gratiaeo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
biggie01:

For your infomation, APC has four northern governors and SE has only one, as for oligarchy or power, if you like call it autocracy or inpunity what matter is, they are united and if democracy is allowed they will win because of their consensus.

Finally the north will vote overwhelming for APC even if PDP chose a chore northern candidate, see let remind you that the major vehicle of massive support for APC is not who PDP brings but how transparent their primaries are and also the sincerity of their chieftains. so long Buhari and Tinubu including Rochas put Nigeria ahead of their selfish interest, APC will subdue Aso villa come 2015.
Am ain't a political analyst but i know that politics is a game of "interest" (what is in there for me) do you believe that people like IBB, Danjuma, Atiku, Gowon, Abudulsalami', all northern governors, all senators, House of assemble members, serving ministers local government chairmens etc will dump their "personal interest" to support Apc?
Have you ask your self why newpdp members refused to join another party?
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Pukkah: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
1MCN:

Just so you know, the Electoral Act specifies that the president must win not just the majority of lawful votes cast but must garner at least 25% of these votes in not less than 2/3 of the states of the federation and the FCT. Now, if a candidate loses in all 5 SE states he can not ascend the throne. He enters a run-off with his closest contender. You know it's even more difficult and chancy here when you're put through that. Ask Akunyili who passed thru something similar but not exactly same. She eventually lost to Ngige, your pal (my brother).

1. Nigeria has 36 states.

2. 2/3 of 36 is 24 states. So, a candidate only needs at least 25% in not less than 24 states.

3. This means a candidate who loses in all of 5 SE states can still be elected President.

You may want to correct your position.

@post

This report has already been dismissed by APC.

https://www.nairaland.com/1477856/apc-dismisses-report-zoning-vp

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Kei144(m): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
The real truth is that there will be no election in 2015.Christian prophets have said it. And, last year, even a member of Nigerian council of witches also said that they saw no election in 2015.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pukkah:

1. Nigeria has 36 states.

2. 2/3 of 36 is 24 states. So, a candidate only needs at least 25% in not less than 24 states.

3. This means a candidate who loses in all of 5 SE states can still be elected President.

You should have left them to wallow in their ignorance.

Going by results of 2011 Buhari won 13 states, If he retains those states and wins 6 SW states thats 19 states already.

Thats already a majority. Add 25% he would get in states like Kwara, Taraba, Kogi, Plateau, Adamawa, Benue, Nasarawa

So its possible APC Buhari loses in the whole SE and still win elections

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ali-Modu Sheriff: Allegations of Boko Haram Connection (What the Records Say) / How Many Hours Of Power Supply Do You Have In Your Area Per Day. / 2019: North-West, South-West Lead In Voters Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.