Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,669 members, 7,908,731 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:14 AM

About Sap? - Career (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (146338 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by doughng: 7:07am On May 20, 2010
@ Realkemmy, Please I need the IDES too. And I wont mind the SAP Technology Consultant (Associate Level) materials too.
My email is doughng at gmail dot com
Thanks for the earliest attention
Re: About Sap? by winneijay(f): 10:54am On May 20, 2010
@ Felixv,

Yeah, my background is systems/network and i studied computer Engineering.

I already have some of the materials for the SAP certification (SAP Certified Technology Associate - System Administration) i am interested in but i really need the ID ECC 6.0, I just need the components cos i will want to do the installation myself,

What is it like working as a SAP certified technical Consultant? fun, challenging, e.t.c

Thank you for assisting, i really appreciate and i will be glad if you can assist in anyway you can,

Cheers,
Re: About Sap? by Felixv: 7:07pm On May 20, 2010
@winnie

i think the free netweaver software available on sdn.sap.com should be enough,you dont really need IDES as the exam would be based on the
technical aspect of SAP.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/c0d7422b-4ee9-2b10-0baf-af588a2126f4

Thats the link to the trial version,

good luck

f
Re: About Sap? by tundebabzy: 9:24pm On May 20, 2010
@felixv
you just made BASIS look yummier for me than before. I'll soon get there
Re: About Sap? by winneijay(f): 11:10am On May 21, 2010
@ Felixv

You r da best,

I am still trying to download the stuff,

Will let you know once i am done,

Cheers,
Re: About Sap? by doughng: 6:25pm On May 21, 2010
@ Felixv,
Please I need the SAP Certified Technology Associate - System Administration materials too. Email is doughng at gmail dot come
Re: About Sap? by Felixv: 6:39pm On May 21, 2010
@doughng

you are very funny,if you knew how big the pdf is you wouldnt be talking about 'email',but i can arrange the documents if you are really serious,
again, download the trial verson, its really kool, IDES is great, but why do u need so much customer data,

im surprised no one has asked any technical question yet, does that mean you guys are not going any hands on work yet//\\\\ think of BASIS as the foundation,everyone needs you,, no one likes you, you become part of the furniture,

good luck guys,

f
Re: About Sap? by doughng: 7:17pm On May 21, 2010
@Felixv,
Actually, I didnt mean u should email it to me, I gave the email in case you want to send the link to me.
I'm very serious about it.
One question; is it possible I learn how to install and set up a SAP system via IDES?
Thanks
Re: About Sap? by Felixv: 1:10am On May 22, 2010
i was just joking.as i said earlir download the trail version from sdn,the link is in my previous reply,i will see how i can get the materials to you,

take care

fe
Re: About Sap? by doughng: 9:44pm On May 22, 2010
@Felixv,
Thanks a lot. I already download the IDES.
I'll look forward to those pdfs.
Thanks again
Re: About Sap? by tbagtbee(f): 9:11am On May 23, 2010
Hi All,
I have been following this thread with keen interest, you gy are just sapping away!!!! lol.Please can anyone help me with getting the offline installation file of sap 4.7.

Thanks.
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 10:16am On May 23, 2010
tbagtbee:

Hi All,
I have been following this thread with keen interest, you gy are just sapping away!!!! lol.Please can anyone help me with getting the offline installation file of sap 4.7.

Thanks.

Why do you need the 4.7 when companies are embracing the ECC 6 et al
Re: About Sap? by doughng: 10:17pm On May 25, 2010
@Felixv,
Wanted to remind you about those materials you wanted to upload for me.
My email address is: doughng at gmail.com
Thanks
Re: About Sap? by winneijay(f): 1:37pm On May 26, 2010
@ doughng

Please check your mail, i have sent the SAP BASIS self study material to your inbox,

Cheers,
Re: About Sap? by Felixv: 6:36pm On May 26, 2010
The BASIS exams contents, the following courses are required

TADM10
TADM12
TADM51

TADM10

Fundamentals of SAP Netweaver AS:
Introduction to SAP NetWeaver
Architecture of SAP Netweaver AS
Fundamentals of SAP system administration:
Starting and stopping an SAP system (incl. SAP MC)
System configuration options in AS ABAP and AS Java
User administration
System monitoring in AS ABAP and AS Java
Fundamentals of AS Java
Change management and software logistics for SAP Netweaver AS
Configuration of integrated SAP Internet Transaction Server (SAP ITS)
Internet technologies in the SAP environment:
SAP ITS, SAP ICM, SAP Web Dispatcher

TADM12

Content:
Software logistics:
Overview of software logistics, configuration of the Transport Management System, performing transports, tools for client copy, OCS Support Packages and SAP Notes
Installation of an SAP ECC system:
Preparing and performing a Windows 2003- and MaxDB-based SAP system installation, post-installation tasks
Other topics:
Fundamentals of printing in SAP systems
Configuration of SMTP mail
Background processing in SAP systems
Connecting SAP systems to a directory server, using LDAP and configuration of central user administration
Patching SAP systems (ABAP/Java)
Configuring documentation access

TADM51

Course Content
Data backups:
- Backup concepts
- Backing up data
Restoring and repairing databases with SAP tools
Database monitoring:
- Working with BR tools
- Working with CCMS tools
Special features when configuring databases in an SAP environment
Database storage management
Database performance monitoring
Advanced performance analysis topics
Certification examination for becoming an SAP NetWeaver 2004 – SAP Web AS for Oracle covering the content of training courses TADM10, TADM12 sowie TADM51
Re: About Sap? by oprah2784: 7:13pm On May 26, 2010
Hello all,

Am new to this forum. I was actually looking for a good SAP FICO training center in the US, Texas to be precise. I would really appreciate if anyone can be of help to me. Thanks
Re: About Sap? by doughng: 2:50am On May 27, 2010
@winneijay,
That's so kind of you. Thanks a lot!
Re: About Sap? by ademark1: 12:37pm On May 27, 2010
If You a SAP MM (materials management ) consultant (now called procurement), you can apply for a job @ total Nigeria.
They seek sap mm consultants in their port-Harcourt location.
careers . total .com
Re: About Sap? by markos: 9:33pm On May 27, 2010
been quiet last couple of weeks, just started a manufacturing and planning training at SAP head office in London clockhouse tower, SCM130 and SCM 240 in 2 weeks, the course has been intense must say, it runs for 5 days and they try and pass as much information as possible, we do a lot of lessons as well, finish this training course tomorrow and back there in 2 weeks, met loads of SAP consultants, you could almost feel the richness in the air haha, too many high value cars parked outside, seems some consultants are doing fairly well it seems, noticed a few Nigerians there as well, the official SAP courses are quite expensive though and all depending where you from, you have to stay in the local hotels on Bath road around heathrow, luckily my company are paying for my course as they want to me look after the manufacturing module PP, seems like the latest talk is more companies are purchasing SAP licenses, this is really good news as there will be a need for consultants, well so far so good, so happy i choose this career!!!
Re: About Sap? by Tjay2: 1:58am On May 28, 2010
wow!!! dis forum is da bomb,this young man here is in need of any materials he can get for SAP. been in IT for 3 yrs now,dont have a degree doe but really want to study sap like crazy.i hope to get all the help i can get from this great niralanders and to kiwi,marcos and others u r just not the regular i am highly happy to meet u guys
Re: About Sap? by Felixv: 3:54am On May 29, 2010
@ doughng

just read that winnie sent you the required pdf, now that you have them,.,good luck

f
Re: About Sap? by doughng: 9:20pm On May 29, 2010
@Felixv,
Thanks, I will
Re: About Sap? by Tjay2: 11:35pm On May 29, 2010
@ marcar thanks a lot.
Re: About Sap? by Tjay2: 11:48pm On May 29, 2010
pls winnie i also need dis pdf material, this is my email addy tunjishobloju1@gmail.com. i will bee waiting fot it pls
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 7:35am On May 31, 2010
Hi winnie, markos, filixz and the rest of u guys, long time. How are things going. hope u remember me. The SAP SD lady in London. Im actually in Nig now on a project, been here for about 6 weeks now.
Re: About Sap? by kunle93: 7:53am On May 31, 2010
If anyone needs any material either Basis, FI, CRM, PP, HR or MM. Drop me your email, I'm a paid member of amader forum. I could also help with screenshot of IDES installation guide.

We all will get there by God's grace.
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 7:53am On May 31, 2010
@MrToro amd co, sorry I havent logged into this forum for a while, and didnt get any notification of ur msgs. I am presently on an SAP implementation in Nigeria and will be thru with this contract in July /August, before returning to the UK. In the interim, you can dowmload SD mats from the internet, just google SD certification materials and you will see a couple of schools showing the certification topics. copy these and  google each of the topics individually. lots of work, but well worth it. hope this helps.
Re: About Sap? by markos: 8:45am On May 31, 2010
whats up sappiel, hows the SD contract?? any good, are the rates good as well, what version of SAP are you implementing, what is it like working in a SAP project in Nigeria compared to the UK or Europe
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 9:52am On May 31, 2010
Hi Markos. Thanx. Its nice being in Naija after a long while. Im at an oil company (sorry I cant reveal the name for obvious reasons). Its actually an A1 implementation (SAP All-in-One), so its not a very long project. Its quite interesting and its my first A1 project, I love the fact that its a preconfigured solution. The rates are ok for the tenor of the proj (about 19 weeks), but i am being paid in $s, so I dont mind.
I actually will be starting another project in Nig immediately I finish this one, but Im trying to get a proj in Dubai, if that comes thru', I will jetison the nig one. Hope things are working out fine.
Re: About Sap? by markos: 10:17am On May 31, 2010
thats good, just finished some SCM training in London last week, got another one in 2 weeks, trying to stay relevant in the SAP game haha!! seems they are trying to evolve SD into supply chain management, order fufillment, planning, manufacturing, thats seems to be where SD is heading, even logistics as well, yes i have never implemented SAP all-in-one solution, i guess since its pre-configured, the project should not take a long time to implement, had a friend who did an SAP contract in Nigeria a few years back for Shell i think, do you think more companies in Nigeria will start using SAP?? more companies in Europe, Asia are purchaisng SAP licenses, i am currently in the middle of a re-implementation in my company, we plan to go-live in December, so far we are still at the business requirement stage, my first full time role since 2004, had to leave the consulting market after the financial crisis last year, at least i am gaining more experience, now adding the PP module into my skill set, hopefully i should be an expert within the next 1 year, well goodluck anyway and i hope you enjoy your stay in Nigeria!!!
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 3:01pm On May 31, 2010
@markos. Thnx again. I am trying also to add another module to my skill set, and I know MM is the obvious choice, but I have realised that to remain relevant and competitive in this industry, you must remain ahead of the pack, so Im actually thinking of glossing over MM at least be able to do basic config, and chewing the Oil and Gas bone, which is in high demand in the middle East, thats where the money is o! They pay abt $1500 - $2000 per day, on single modules, talk less of when you are multi modular. All said and done, my advise to anyone who wants to make it big time in this industry, is eat, drink, sleep, dream, play, laugh, fight, joke, SAP, and pray to GOD!!!Practice, practice, practice!, read and study continuously, even when u are certified, abi markos? we've been certified for a while and the challenges are new every morning.
Anyway, enjoy your bank holiday, Im at work as usual, but Im gonna enjoy a nice holiday (like markos did) after this proj goes live.
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 3:07pm On May 31, 2010
For those wanting to attend the new SAP Academy in Lagos, they are starting the HR module this June, but for other modules, I will give you the date when I know. Please note:::: It has nothing to do with me!!!!!!!!!! I am just aware of it by chance. However, I can arrange a discount on the price if there is a bulk attendance. Just to let you know also, some of the attendees are from Ghana and Cameroun, that shows theres no other one around. Was told its for 4 weeks intensive and cert exams are arranged.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.