Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,621 members, 7,908,601 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:29 AM

About Sap? - Career (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About Sap? (146334 Views)

Lets Talk About Sap!!! / Knowledge Is Power! Lets Talk About SAP! / What Do You Know About Sap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Sap? by ademark1: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2010
@sappiel
I believe you misunderstood me  or maybe i didn't explain myself well  grin
Certification is a must! I just don't want people spending millions on it, when they can do a self study and pay a token for the exam and become certified
Because even after spending so much on it, there is no guaranteed job placement, so get certified with a low cost  shocked

1 Like

Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2010
I agree with you in to to!
Re: About Sap? by kunleSAP: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
i jst managed to finish readn this thread since yesterday morning,my head is on fire, so b4 it blows, let mi write dis up

HR/HCM & CRM seems to work for me as a bus admin student, all these r fuctional roles, i also like BI(downloading the tutorials already frm a link i got here) as i hve some experience in sql

HCM/HR-4 modules?
CRM-5 modules?

got those frm the sap site,dnt kno how sure i am, so put mi in the right direction if i'm wrong, PLSSS

i hve seen that self study is the best choice for some1 like mi who doesnt hve 1.5m to pay.so i am prayin i get all help i want on this forum

most of the links for ecc 6.0 arent working again

@ kunle93

pls,i am in need of CRM n HR materials,i am also in need of the IDES n those screenshots will help also

my email is olaabioye@hotmail.com,i will be very grateful

@sappiel

i appreciate your last post, really helpful

tink i'll buy myself a external hard drive n plug it to my laptop, the issue now is where do i get ECC 6.0?

i want to thank every1 that have posted on this form frm day 1,u people hve immense knowledge, may God continue to guide us all, the gurus n we newbies

mke una continue the good work o
Re: About Sap? by sappiel(f): 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
At kunleSAP, first of all, good for you! keep focused. Secondly, stand alone SAP servers will not run on an external drive. What I suggest, is ask a professional to remove your current drive and use that as an external drive, (plug and play) and then replace the drive with an internal drive on which your server will run. If you want the IDES, i will email you the office address of the guy who will sort it out for you, and i guarantee you are safe. if you are interested, pls put your email ad. thnx.
Re: About Sap? by kunleSAP: 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ sappiel,

woww, turn my current drive to an external?n replace wiv an internal drive which d sap server can run on, it sounds dangerous to my laptop o, if its possible, i'm game, or maybe i shud shud buy a desktop pc dedicated to this, pls advice

highly interested,@ wat cost to my pocket?

olaabioye at hotmail dot com

fank u
Re: About Sap? by markos: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2010
well am still not certified, guess i have not had the opportunity to take the exams, maybe one day i will, what i do have is plenty of experience, been working with SAP since 1998 right from the SAP version 3.1, 4.0,4.5B,4.6, 4.7, ECC5 and now ECC6, started off as an end user with my economics degree and basically worked my way up to consulting, big implementations, multiple lifecycles, worked for big companies, have considerable knowledge in FI,CO,SD,MM, bit of HR, travel management module and now PP, this experience, dont think any certification can buy, but i do agree these days, the SAP market is becoming saturated, so certification for entry level becomes a prerequisite
Re: About Sap? by tundebabzy: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2010
@kunleSAP
buy a 500GB HDD and install 2 OS on it. One for SAP and the other for your normal day to day computing. Install anti-virus and make sure you are connected to the internet so that you don't get virus that can meddle with your Hard disk performance. Make sure your system has at least 3.0MHz processor speed and your system has at least 2GB of RAM. note that more than 3GB RAM cannot be used efficiently on a 32bit system. This is what i would do if i were you cos i dont like the idea of having my everyday stuff on an external disk since it is more liable to damage.

disclaimer:this is not professional advice so still check it out with the experienced or professionals. make sure whoever is installing your HDD is a professional or someone who is very experienced. also, an internal 500GB HDD should cost you more than 35k.
Re: About Sap? by bayoom: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
@sappiel,markos and co.Pls helpout with the current ecc 6.0 IDES(I mean SAP SERVER),Screenshots of materials/ebooks/tutorials on Netweaver ABAP BASIS;SAP Materials as well on financial accounting,management accounting Integration of Biz processes,Planning and manufacturing,Order Fulfillment & procurement(SCM),Human resources Mgt & adminstration(HCM).kindly,forward to greatbayoom4ever@yahoo.com or bayoomtek@gmail.com.Or if it's quite heavy via email.we could make arrangement via Mobile.And then sort out alternatives.Thanks pals.This is the forum of the next IT GENERATION.Am cooking up something like IT Security & SAP Discussion on my facebook, when it comes on stream.I go holla you all.Do have a splendid week and remain bless.D creation earnestly wait for the manifestation of the sons of GOD.Let's be the ONES.Thanks all
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2010
^^^^Seriously, nobody is going to grant your request on a platter of gold. You need to dig deep and read this thread from the beginning to get good infos. you need.
Re: About Sap? by sholasys: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2010
Does any body know about SAP PM Plant maintenance ? I work in drilling company and we are planning to implement plant maintenance. Can somebody help with the buz flow/processes ?
thanks
Re: About Sap? by kunleSAP: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2010
@tundebabzy

tanx 4 d info,appreciated,my system currently runs on 2.10Ghz,4gb n its a 64 bit system, pls advice

@sappiel

still waiting for the email, fanx
Re: About Sap? by tundebabzy: 12:01am On Jun 16, 2010
@kunleSAP
i have never used a 64bit system before so i can't truly estimate what your system's performance would be like since a 64bit processor is different from 32bit. however i cannot advise anybody to tamper with his processor. If your system is already fast then you shouldn't have any problems.
as per what i recommended,the consultants in the forum like markos, sappiel et all would also have to comment.
and contrary to what i posted earlier, i meant to type "a 500GB HDD will not cost you more than 35k"
Re: About Sap? by kunle93: 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2010
@kunleSAP

You can check your email now, sorry its coming late. Havent been on nairaland in d past few days,
Re: About Sap? by kunleSAP: 1:08am On Jun 20, 2010
@kunle93

i hve checked my inbox n junk,cant seem to find it ohh, pls try again,will be appreciated

thank u

@tundebabzy

d config says its a 64bit, watz dis diff?its a hp laptop,jst 4 months old, pls advice

i still tink i shud build a desktop pc
Re: About Sap? by kunle93: 7:49am On Jun 20, 2010
@kunleSAP

You should check the email you sent me, I got the email returned to me undelivered.
Re: About Sap? by kunleSAP: 11:34pm On Jun 20, 2010
@kunle93

olaabioye@hotmail.com or bc_abioye@yahoo.co.uk

tanks
Re: About Sap? by AbusM(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2010
Hi everyone, Good to have everyone back,

@Sappiel thanks for your sincere support here>>> I also need a personal server(ECC 6.0). Kindly give maybe a third party lead to the expert you mentioned earlier who could help on this. It could be mailed to abu@craftoffshore.com or abucraftoffshore@gmail.com

I like to say that with SAP, it sure goes to confirm that the pathway to greatness isn't joke at all. I mean if there's a practical therapy for Insomnia, I think SAP materials study is it, Strictly for the Determined!
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2010
Do people realise that SAP ECC 6.0 can be installed on an external HDD via a software called VMware? So instead of forking out limited funds on a dedicated laptop which would only be used for SAP, you could ask the person doing the installation for you if he can do VMWARE install.

Vmware allows you to install a different operating system on your current machine( like windows server 2003) and both OS wont conflict. Its even better for people with 64bit OS.
Re: About Sap? by kunleSAP: 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ Kunle93

tanks so much, seen them,will download dem asap

@ denzel2009

i like d sound of that,nice 1,how do we get hold of this VMWARE install,u hve any1 doin it?

@Abu$M

still waitin on that link mysef, all in good time thought i'm sure
Re: About Sap? by Onyipho: 9:35am On Jun 22, 2010
Hello KunleSAP,
I can get you a vnmare sotwfare and the key and any SAP material you need.
Re: About Sap? by Onyipho: 10:03am On Jun 22, 2010
sholasys,
I can give you any stuff about SAP PM.What your email address or phone number?
You can reach me with 08039066223.
Re: About Sap? by sapman: 5:00am On Jun 24, 2010
Nice to hear about SAP here!

I am an SAP guy based in the U.S. with about 15 yrs SAP experience, ABAP, Certified in SD and BW and worked across all the SAP modules from the point of view of BW. Implementing SAP BW for the last 10 years in U.S., across Europe and in China. Thinking of coming back to naija sometime to set up consulting outfit and also train our youth in this wonderful technology. Hoping to educate myself about the SAP terrain in nigeria.
Re: About Sap? by kunleSAP: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2010
@onyipho

i am interested in the vmware n key,also SAP HR materials pls, tried sending a sms to d number,returned nt sent, my email addy is bc_abioye@yahoo.co.uk

tanks

any lucky on that IDES 6.0?anyone?
Re: About Sap? by denzel2009: 8:45pm On Jun 25, 2010
kunleSAP:

@onyipho

i am interested in the vmware n key,also SAP HR materials pls, tried sending a sms to d number,returned nt sent, my email addy is bc_abioye@yahoo.co.uk

tanks

any lucky on that IDES 6.0?anyone?

Guy you need to take a chill pill, you dont need the vmware and its key. I only suggested it to reduce your expenses for IDES ECC6 installation so that you wont need to buy a new laptop and then instal Windows server 2003 OS and not getting optimum use of a new computer cos you can't do much with windows server 2003 installed.

If you get someone who can do the installation, just ask if its possible for him/her to do the installation on VMWARE. If he can, the server,Oracle database and SAP will be installed via the vmware on the external hard drive. All you need to do is just plug the hard drive and click on the vmware icon on your desktop and it takes you to a different desktop where you activate the SAP MMC and logon. Its like having a new computer albeit on an external HDD.
Re: About Sap? by AbusM(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2010
News Splash>>> SAP world tour comes to Lagos, Nigeria

Date : Thursday 29th July, 2010

Time : 9am- 5pm

Venue: Oriental Hotel Lagos

Pass: free

Contact: sapevents@towerinnovations.co.za for online registration link.(NB U ll need your tag for entry)

At this event, be sure to network, meet consultants, experts, and all, Just thought to let the house know!
Re: About Sap? by ademark1: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2010
SAP WORLD TOUR 2010 -
THE BUSINESS EVENT OF THE YEAR COMES TO LAGOS!

Lagos Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria
Thursday, 29th July 2010  (09:00am - 17:00 p.m)
Map: [url]http://196.35.68.113/sapevents/maps/Lagos%20Oriental%20Hotel%20Address.docx[/url]

Attend SAP WORLD TOUR at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria on Thursday, 29th July 2010 to find out about new ideas, new strategies, and new opportunities.
In this event, you’ll have the ultimate opportunity to network with SAP customers, partners, industry experts, and other top customer executives. You’ll also gain premier knowledge on how to maximize innovative technology and business strategies to help you drive business results at every level.

Share Knowledge
Attend keynote speeches to hear expert perspectives.

See Solutions in Action
Participate in SAP solutions demos to experience how SAP solutions help automate business processes, improve business intelligence, and provide visibility for your business operations.

Network with Industry Leaders and Peers
Talk with industry leaders and peers about the business challenges you face, seek the solutions you’re interested in, and discuss best practices for implementing SAP solutions.

Please note that there is no cost to attend this event.

Mark your calendar and plan to attend SAP World Tour in Lagos today!

Best regards,

SAP Africa
Re: About Sap? by saperpsms: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2010
SAP consultants are one of the most priced professional in the world today, come to think of it, its mostly in use by the richest organisations in the world.

The biggest challenge in SAP has been the cost of acquiring the skills.

But the good news is that no longer do you need to travel abroad to get trained in SAP as you can actually have 99.9% functional SAP system with the modules installed on your laptop, desktop or even external hard disk for yourself study.

So all you require will be to practice, practice and practice your way to any experience level you want.

We can also make the certification materials in any module or field of your interest available to you. Project materials will be made available so you giving no room for excuses.

But if you want to be a BASIS consultant, we can make available your own installation DVDs so you can keep passe with your practice of installation and configurations.

You can drop us a note here for further clarifications on how SAP can help you in your chosen profession as Finance, Control, HR, Sales, Oil & Gas professional. Better still send us a personal email.

Lets move into the future today!
Please note that what we give you is for learning purposes only and that we are not affiliated to SAP
Re: About Sap? by sapman: 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
Let me add my 2 kobo to the posting by @saperp_sms. You may also want to look into registering at SAP SDN website - "http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn". Go to the forum you are interested in and you will find tons of information there. I find the forums in the SDN very useful even though occassionally, there are some dodgy or misleading answers to questions there but by and large, it's pretty useful.

Also, if you are fortunate to find a mentor i.e. someone already in the SAP industry in the area of your interest who is willing to give you a bit of his/her time, that will be great. In addition to this, SAP now has excellent books for all modules. Visit www.sap-press.com. I will recommend getting them if you have someone abroad who can buy and send over to you in Naija. I don't know if you can get those books sent to Nigeria directly from that website.
Re: About Sap? by markos: 8:18am On Jul 05, 2010
I have bought a few of these SAP books in the past, whiles they are quite useful, these days their relevance is waning, SAP is moving more into business process rather than pure configuration, the only good thing about these books is the menu path for configuration, i.e setting up an enterprise structure, assigning, general config type work so i guess it could be used as a guide, i think they need to write more books discussing different business scenarios, for example 3rd party flow, P2P, make to stock, made to order
Re: About Sap? by AbusM(m): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Saperm sms kindly send your email to abbmesq@yahoo.com . I would like to enquire on materials and configuration on SAP Oil and GAS. thank you.
Re: About Sap? by spunk(m): 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
men i have never been informed like this b4.Thanks to you guys that contributed and stirring interest to get certified.
Am a super or champion user in Navision dynamics with a chemistry background but work my way up to becoming the regional account in my company as a result of training.
I would love to do sap in financials i.e consulting.what do you guys suggest??
Re: About Sap? by okeyz(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
saperp_sms:

SAP consultants are one of the most priced professional in the world today, come to think of it, its mostly in use by the richest organisations in the world.

The biggest challenge in SAP has been the cost of acquiring the skills.

But the good news is that no longer do you need to travel abroad to get trained in SAP as you can actually have 99.9% functional SAP system with the modules installed on your laptop, desktop or even external hard disk for yourself study.

So all you require will be to practice, practice and practice your way to any experience level you want.

We can also make the certification materials in any module or field of your interest available to you. Project materials will be made available so you giving no room for excuses.

But if you want to be a BASIS consultant, we can make available your own installation DVDs so you can keep passe with your practice of installation and configurations.

You can drop us a note here for further clarifications on how SAP can help you in your chosen profession as Finance, Control, HR, Sales, Oil & Gas professional. Better still send us a personal email.

Lets move into the future today!
Please note that what we give you is for learning purposes only and that we are not affiliated to SAP
please send me details at ekwokey at gmail dot com
thanks for the info

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (48) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Salary Structure? / Welcome To My Office / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.