Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,952 members, 7,949,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria (14372 Views)

2015 Presidential Elections: The Voice Of Man, Prophecies Or Guess Work / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result / Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by russellino: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2013
odua boy: But Jonathan claimed that ibos are the pillar of his administration.

Isn't that divisive and tribalistic.

That is local politics that even igbos hardly noticed sef. If igbos are his pillar why is he paying lip service to many FG infrastructural projects some of which u know very well. It is still a far cry fron insulting other ethnic groups like APC members and leaders do on a consistent basis.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by russellino: 12:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
@odua boy - let's not forget he made that statement at an Enugu townhall meeting and not at any national platform
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by oduaboy1: 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
russellino:

That is local politics that even igbos hardly noticed sef. If he is an igbo pillar why is he paying lip service to many FG infrastructural projects some of which u know very well. It is still a far cry fron insulting other ethnic groups like APC members and leaders do on a consistent basis.
Why did he utter the statement in the first instance....Words are like vomit..once spoken out they can't be taken back....so spare us the lip service BS,,,he meant every thing he said.

And who told you PDP members dont denigrate opposition parties ethnic group.A certain Arthur Eze said this in the anambra gubernatorial election campaign
odua boy: " That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo's people; the people that killed the Igbos
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by russellino: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
odua boy: Why did he utter the statement in the first instance....Words are like vomit..once spoken out they can't be taken back....so spare us the lip service BS,,,he meant every thing he said.

And who told you PDP members dont denigrate opposition parties ethnic group.A certain Arthur Eze said this in the anambra gubernatorial election campaign

Smh

So the conclusion by y'all that he is a divisive president is predicated on that statement alone?

At least you didn't deny that APC uses racism. Arthur Eze and ppl like him are catching up on the racism game that APC chiefs like FFK have perfected and are getting away with.

This country will not likely survive another year if other ppl follow the APC racism model.

However I don't want to derail from my initial question about the APC and its divisive tactics of overt racism. OP over to you pls
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
russellino: @odua boy - let's not forget he made that statement at an Enugu townhall meeting and not at any national platform
So in what capacity did make the statement, as village head? So of u guys self.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by russellino: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Obiagelli:
So in what capacity did make the statement, as village head? So of u guys self.

As a politician massaging the ego of ppl who gave him 99% of their votes while playing politics with the things that matter most to them
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Standing5(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:
9) How do you hope to convince Nigerians you are the change you proclaim to be when you are busy chasing,wooing and running to the same set of people you desire to dislodge.

10) What is the ideological difference between the APC and the PDP . . .
Correction !
The PDP member who have defected to APC so far aren't the ones who agree with what APC is disagreeing with in PDP. So it is wrong to call them ''the same set of people''.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
Standing5: Correction !
The PDP member who have defected to APC so far aren't the ones who agree with what APC is disagreeing with in PDP. So it is wrong to call them ''the same set of people''.

You are just confusing yourself to no where.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Standing5(m): 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine:

You are just confusing yourself to no where.
how? Pls xplain.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
Standing5:
how? Pls xplain.

Your post didn't correct my assertion. Mind trying again . . . .
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
Cramjones, I asked a question yesterday which up till now, I haven't gotten the answer.

Is APC in support of the sale of our refineries by FG? If APC is voted into power, will they allow private investors to build their own refineries?
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by LordVarys: 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
FFK, while I appreciate your civility and matured responses,one can't help but see that your projections are overtly optimistic and to a large extent unrealistic,
I'll start with Rivers and Amaechi, I reside in PH and I can say confidently that whoever gave you the idea that APC will win rivers must have been high on expired weed(sorry for my vulgarity), rivers is firmly PDP and while Amaechi might have done well in his first term,there is general disillusionment with his 2nd term performance, plus the succession contest between the more numerous Kalabari's(who are heavy GEJ fans) and the ikwerre's and Kalabaris plus the coalescing of all the powerful politicians in the state -Odili,Wike,Sekibo,Ada George, Lulu Briggs against Amaechi, I'll be damned if the APC can secure 25% even with amaechi as the running mate, Rivers is firmly in GEJ's hands, also Edo itself isn't so assured, Gov Oshiomole has a good relationship with GEJ and openly supported him in 2011 for which GEJ reciprocated in the 2012 guber polls(OBJ also noted it in his letter), he is also somewhat inactive in APC national politics and would be inclined to support him, also as much as most Edo people might not exactly be satisfied with GEJ's performance,they remain heavily suspicious of the APC at the national level , Edo will stick with GEj surely
To the SW, your optimism is unrealistic again, I'll start with Ondo, In last year's ondo guber polls, Gov Mimiko, a strong GEJ ally finished 1st followed by the PDP (GEJ's party) while the APC finished a distant third with Akeredolu, What makes you think the APC will be able to displace A Mimiko led LP-PDP alliance , I would expect GEJ to secure at least 60% of the votes in Ondo
In Oyo, one can't discount the PDP here,Ajimobi only narrowly defeated Akala with about 10K votes and with the Akala/Ladoja alliance, the APC will have its hands full,Oyo is the PDP's strongest Bastion in the SW, note that the only SW PDP senator is from here(Ogbomoso area),Mulikat and other members, Jonathan can get Akala/ladoja who for all their crookedness have large followership to help him secure a good performance similar to 2011, note also that the APc will have its hands full here
Same In Lagos, with a large population from the SS/SE resident here, ethno religious factors plus the influence of people like Obanikoro( whose son floored CAN in LGA election),Jimi Agbaje and others could ensure him a shock victory here, you can't also discount other figures such as Fayose in Ekiti and Daniel In Ogun, Only Osun will be hellish for him....
Note Also that the pDP never polls less than 40% even in the SW in any election

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
russellino: OP -

Why does the APC encourage racism and tribalism as a political tool as exemplified by its leaders such as FFK and many others even the footsoldiers we see online. Eg eko ile/plaindealer/agbameta, dayokanu and hundreds of others.

GEJ has played the greatest divisive politics in the entire history of Nigeria. APC as you well know is an all inclusive party. If the indigbos and South South people refuse to participate, so be it...it won't stop the APC from winning the presidential election come 2015!

Finally, do you remember when the first bomb went off on independence day in Abuja? GEJ was quick to say "MEND is not culpable, I know those who are" MEND said "We are the ones" GEJ said "No you are not the ones"....the rest they say is history...Henry Okah is chilling his feet in prison and has confessed to saying GEJ sent his aides to him to blame the bombing on the north. Who else in Nigeria's history have played this kind of hate divisive politics? Think my friend think!

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
berem: Cramjones, I asked a question yesterday which up till now, I haven't gotten the answer.

Is APC in support of the sale of our refineries by FG? If APC is voted into power, will they allow private investors to build their own refineries?

While I can't give you specifics to your question, I will say this: APC supports a private sector driven economy, and if that would resurrect our moribond refineries, so be it. While we are trying to take over power from the center, we are not condemning all the GEJ government have done. However, we still believe as most Nigerians, that this is the worst government ever to govern Nigeria and we are determined to change Nigeria's path from a vanishing in the abyss of destruction.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by LordVarys: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
I reiterate that the SW votes will shock the APC, in the Middle Belt, Jonathan has Plateau,Benue, Kogi,Taraba,Adamawa(Tukur,Boni Haruna,Bent et all will trounce Nyako who is heavily unpopular,GEJ won here in 2011 also), Nasarawa will be even as Al-Makura is finding it difficult navigating the murky ethnic waters especially with the eggons who are the largest tribe in the state leaning towards the PDP,GEJ won here in 2011 with twice Buhari's votes and the state house of assembly is PDP controlled, Southern Kaduna and the incumbent Gombe Gov will at least ensure he secures 25% in Kaduna and Gombe respectively,
The other northern states are no go areas, and there will be low turnout in Borno And Yobe due to insecurity,
I say with every inch of confidence that GEJ will triumph again in 2015 just not as massive as 2011 where he had 60% of cast votes......APC strategists shouldn't be naïve, the key fact is that while the APC will struggle to secure 25% in GEJ's strongholds,GEJ will easily secure such in the APC's bases with the exception on the core north

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by LordVarys: 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
So as much as the APC junkets around the country,it will take a miracle to even come close to defeating GEJ, any neutral observer will tell you so..One would have expected you to be more accurate being a active political player but your analysis exposes ur naivete,
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
Lord Varys: I reiterate that the SW votes will shock the APC, in the Middle Belt, Jonathan has Plateau,Benue, Kogi,Taraba,Adamawa(Tukur,Boni Haruna,Bent et all will trounce Nyako who is heavily unpopular,GEJ won here in 2011 also), Nasarawa will be even as Al-Makura is finding it difficult navigating the murky ethnic waters especially with the eggons who are the largest tribe in the state leaning towards the PDP,GEJ won here in 2011 with twice Buhari's votes and the state house of assembly is PDP controlled, Southern Kaduna and the incumbent Gombe Gov will at least ensure he secures 25% in Kaduna and Gombe respectively,
The other northern states are no go areas, and there will be low turnout in Borno And Yobe due to insecurity,
I say with every inch of confidence that GEJ will triumph again in 2015 just not as massive as 2011 where he had 60% of cast votes......APC strategists shouldn't be naïve, the key fact is that while the APC will struggle to secure 25% in GEJ's strongholds,GEJ will easily secure such in the APC's bases with the exception on the core north

You have a lot to learn in the politics of the SW and the Nigerian politics as a whole. Haven said that, do you honestly think Nigeria will forget the following:

- Billions mission under the watch of Jonathan,

- The downward plunge of the Naira $1 = 175 formally $1 = N150

- Subsidy removal and eventual fraud from SURE-P

- high tarrifs in electricity with a decline in supply

- Bombs and the death and destruction of many

- Over bloated presidency budget with N1bn on feeding alone

- Increased rate of poverty in the land...115million living below poverty level

- 6 months of ASUU strike

- Decline the pass rate for WAEC and NECO

- Record unemployment

- record inflation with increase in basic commodities such as rice and the good old garri

- The fact that you can't take any American exam again in Nigeria

- Decreased research collaboration from international organizations

- Government's threat to free speech

- Failure to pass budgets

- Threats to the unity of Nigeria by Jonathan's people, and GEJ supporting it with his silence

They are too numerous to mention. GEJ will loose in the SW and North that I can guarantee you. If you think otherwise, I wish you well, after all it your opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by russellino: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
@Cramjones - what does my question to you which was and is still is -

russellino: OP -

Why does the APC encourage racism and tribalism as a political tool as exemplified by its leaders such as FFK and many others even the footsoldiers we see online. Eg eko ile/plaindealer/agbameta, dayokanu and hundreds of others.

What does my question have to do with this -

cramjones:

GEJ has played the greatest divisive politics in the entire history of Nigeria. APC as you well know is an all inclusive party. If the indigbos and South South people refuse to participate, so be it...it won't stop the APC from winning the presidential election come 2015!

I don't want to conclude because of your cerebral approach but you just betrayed some sentiments regarding the SE and SS that is synonymous with the bigotry of the leadership and generality of many APC members. I never brought any region up so why would u single those two groups out? Is it because the APC does not have a grip on those two areas hence the discriminatory approach?

Please answer my initial question
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
russellino: @Cramjones - what does my question to you which was and is still is -

What does my question have to do with this -

I don't want to conclude because of your cerebral approach but you just betrayed some sentiments regarding the SE and SS that is synonymous with the bigotry of the leadership and generality of many APC members. I never brought any region up so why would u single those two groups out? Is it because the APC does not have a grip on those two areas hence the discriminatory approach?

Not at all. We love those two regions...I can tell you for a fact, if a few people in the APC play the tribal card, it does not mean it is an APC policy. Let's face the fact a lot of Nigerians are tribalist. Haven said that, you will agree with me, that the two regions I have mentioned have expressed unprecedented hate towards the APC and its leadership. Who's fault? The silence and propaganda by the Jonathanians, calling our party a yoruba and a muslim party.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Lord Varys: So as much as the APC junkets around the country,it will take a miracle to even come close to defeating GEJ, any neutral observer will tell you so..One would have expected you to be more accurate being a active political player but your analysis exposes ur naivete

Excellent. . . .
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Validated: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
Is it true also that the following are now saints as they are in APC?
i. Bola Tinubu
ii. Fani Kayode
iii. Kwankwaso
iv. Bukola Saraki
v. OBJ?
Like you address each individual seperately.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by russellino: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
cramjones:

Not at all. We love those two regions...I can tell you for a fact, if a few people in the APC play the tribal card, it does not mean it is an APC policy. Let's face the fact a lot of Nigerians are tribalist. Haven said that, you will agree with me, that the two regions I have mentioned have expressed unprecedented hate towards the APC and its leadership. Who's fault? The silence and propaganda by the Jonathanians, calling our party a yoruba and a muslim party.

Its amazing how your sentiments towards SE and SS are revealed with every post. You have unwittingly confirmed that the "hate" from those regions as u have said is the reason for the anti SE/SS rhetoric of the APC. The apc is not only working against those two regions it is working towards inciting hatred of ordinary yorubas and northerners towards ppl from that area

Let me tell u a factor that helped a very popular ngige lose to a very unimpressive obiano in the anambra elections. Some shrewd politicians printed excerpts of hate essays of slimeball in chief ffk days to the election and circulated them complete with pics of the animal sipping champagne with some APC governors. You won't believe how many opinions were swayed that way. The failure of APC bigwigs to even pretend to call him to order betrayed a lack of regard that opened the door for obiano at the end of the day.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by russellino: 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
@ cramjones - I remember watching an NTA broadcast of senate proceedings and an APC senator stood up to goad the SE and SS about the kidnapping that those two regions had suffered and how such couldn't happen in the SW. Has any senator from those two places EVER opened his mouth to run down the north or sw? The day APC finally pushes others to repay in kind for all the bad faith and hatred this country may never recover
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
Lord Varys:
To the SW, your optimism is unrealistic again, I'll start with Ondo, In last year's ondo guber polls, Gov Mimiko, a strong GEJ ally finished 1st followed by the PDP (GEJ's party) while the APC finished a distant third with Akeredolu, What makes you think the APC will be able to displace A Mimiko led LP-PDP alliance , I would expect GEJ to secure at least 60% of the votes in Ondo
In Oyo, one can't discount the PDP here,Ajimobi only narrowly defeated Akala with about 10K votes and with the Akala/Ladoja alliance, the APC will have its hands full,Oyo is the PDP's strongest Bastion in the SW, note that the only SW PDP senator is from here(Ogbomoso area),Mulikat and other members, Jonathan can get Akala/ladoja who for all their crookedness have large followership to help him secure a good performance similar to 2011, note also that the APc will have its hands full here
Same In Lagos, with a large population from the SS/SE resident here, ethno religious factors plus the influence of people like Obanikoro( whose son floored CAN in LGA election),Jimi Agbaje and others could ensure him a shock victory here, you can't also discount other figures such as Fayose in Ekiti and Daniel In Ogun, Only Osun will be hellish for him....
Note Also that the pDP never polls less than 40% even in the SW in any election

I would only speak for the SW. The whole PDP machinery and leadership in the SW is in the hand of OBJ and Oyinlola, Thats the logic behind getting them to either support APC or remain neutral.

If the SW PDP and APC ally there is no way Jonathan would get 20% of votes in most SW states.

In Oyo the PDP would lose very well. Akala despite the incumbent power he had in 2011 still lost albeit narrowly now without incumbent power the PDP is doomed. The royal fathers support APC

In Lagos in the past what has these SS-SE population ever done to influence the politics of Lagos? I doubt any SE or SS person has ever been voted LGA chairman alone yet you claim thats the power that would rescue Lagos?

Even when OBJ had all the presidential power they couldnt unseat Tinubu its now the much hated Jonathan that would win an election where PBJ-PDP failed? Talk to the average Yoruba man and see how much they hate the PDP.

Most SW PDP supporters are ppl who loved OBJ and with the recent OBJ tune forget it. SW votes would be 60-70% APC

You mean OBJ and Amosun would ally and still lose Ogun? Or Tinubu-OBJ ally and still lose Lagos? Or Ajimobi-Alaafin of Oyo would lose to Akala?

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu:

I would only speak for the SW. The whole PDP machinery and leadership in the SW is in the hand of OBJ and Oyinlola, Thats the logic behind getting them to either support APC or remain neutral.

If the SW PDP and APC ally there is no way Jonathan would get 20% of votes in most SW states.

In Oyo the PDP would lose very well. Akala despite the incumbent power he had in 2011 still lost albeit narrowly now without incumbent power the PDP is doomed. The royal fathers support APC

In Lagos in the past what has these SS-SE population ever done to influence the politics of Lagos? I doubt any SE or SS person has ever been voted LGA chairman alone yet you claim thats the power that would rescue Lagos?

Even when OBJ had all the presidential power they couldnt unseat Tinubu its now the much hated Jonathan that would win an election where PBJ-PDP failed? Talk to the average Yoruba man and see how much they hate the PDP.

Most SW PDP supporters are ppl who loved OBJ and with the recent OBJ tune forget it. SW votes would be 60-70% APC

You mean OBJ and Amosun would ally and still lose Ogun? Or Tinubu-OBJ ally and still lose Lagos? Or Ajimobi-Alaafin of Oyo would lose to Akala?

I endorse your analysis.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by LordVarys: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
cramjones:

You have a lot to learn in the politics of the SW and the Nigerian politics as a whole. Haven said that, do you honestly think Nigeria will forget the following:

- Billions mission under the watch of Jonathan,

- The downward plunge of the Naira $1 = 175 formally $1 = N150

- Subsidy removal and eventual fraud from SURE-P

- high tarrifs in electricity with a decline in supply

- Bombs and the death and destruction of many

- Over bloated presidency budget with N1bn on feeding alone

- Increased rate of poverty in the land...115million living below poverty level

- 6 months of ASUU strike

- Decline the pass rate for WAEC and NECO

- Record unemployment

- record inflation with increase in basic commodities such as rice and the good old garri

- The fact that you can't take any American exam again in Nigeria

- Decreased research collaboration from international organizations

- Government's threat to free speech

- Failure to pass budgets

- Threats to the unity of Nigeria by Jonathan's people, and GEJ supporting it with his silence

They are too numerous to mention. GEJ will loose in the SW and North that I can guarantee you. If you think otherwise, I wish you well, after all it your opinion.
While I absolutely respect your opinion,debating GEJ's achievements which I'm pretty sure speaks for him is not the issue here,the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of people overstate the APC's position in the SW which is not as strong as portrayed, I gave you the example of the last election in the SW(Ondo Guber Polls) where a PDP allied party won and the PDP itself polled ahead of the APC(then A.CN) candidate,that itself is a fact, I agree SW are sophisticated politically but the PDP and its allied parties are still strong to some extent in the SW, I pretty much named many of GEJ's foot soldiers in the SW with the capability to sway votes,also the south West is generally accomodating so there's a large immigrant population, take a concise look at SW voting patterns in 2011 and even discounting the Tinubu factor,GEJ still triumphed because to a large extent South Westerners still remain heavily suspicious of a northern candidate....so it was with Buhari and I doubt Tinubu would be able to herd everyone into voting Tambuwal .......the only way that would happen is if a 'Fashola' is fielded as his running mate which is unlikely since the aPC will pick one of Amaechi or Okorocha, I'm pretty sure that at worst,GEJ will secure at least 40% of the SW vote, 2015 will tell, when we said Jonathan will sweep the SW in 2011 many scoffed and he won fair and square there with little Tinubu help, 2015 will not be different except maybe a South Westerner like fashola emerges running mate............once again,thanks for your polite responses, I guess you're not as bad as you were portrayed
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
russellino:

Its amazing how your sentiments towards SE and SS are revealed with every post. You have unwittingly confirmed that the "hate" from those regions as u have said is the reason for the anti SE/SS rhetoric of the APC. The apc is not only working against those two regions it is working towards inciting hatred of ordinary yorubas and northerners towards ppl from that area

Let me tell u a factor that helped a very popular ngige lose to a very unimpressive obiano in the anambra elections. Some shrewd politicians printed excerpts of hate essays of slimeball in chief ffk days to the election and circulated them complete with pics of the animal sipping champagne with some APC governors. You won't believe how many opinions were swayed that way. The failure of APC bigwigs to even pretend to call him to order betrayed a lack of regard that opened the door for obiano at the end of the day.

Let's leave FFK out of this for now. He is an individual, don't judge a party based on FFKs previous essays or statements. That said, politics is a game of numbers. The numbers are in the South West and Core North. The support of SE/SS can't give Jonathan the presidency. SE/SS still have APC loyalist, and we will do our best to let them know how badly their region have been run by their so called son.

What has Jonathan done for his support base? Remember a bad road killed his wife's mother, there are still records of oil spillage going on, extreme poverty in that region. The reason SS seems relatively peaceful is because Jonathan have made the trouble makers millionaires. How else can you explain a murderer owning a university in Benin Republic, flying in a presidential jet, etc. How can you explain defense contracts given to a murderer - Tompolo? The earlier you realize that Jonathan is the worst president in the history of Nigeria and by extension Africa, the earlier you will accept that now is the time to stir the ship of Nigeria from heading to destruction.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
russellino: Its amazing how your sentiments towards SE and SS are revealed with every post. You have unwittingly confirmed that the "hate" from those regions as u have said is the reason for the anti SE/SS rhetoric of the APC. The apc is not only working against those two regions it is working towards inciting hatred of ordinary yorubas and northerners towards ppl from that area

Apparently you have a lot to learn in Politics. Its a game of numbers You identify your strong areas and concentrate on them, ignore the areas you are weak.

In the US. There are some states that are red states and some that are blue states. If Democrats present Jesus as candidate, they can never win Texas, Alabama or Missisispi Likewise if Republican have Pope as candidate they can never win New York or California. The candidates know these and dont even waste their time Hardly would you see Obama campaign in Missisipi or Arkansas

SS and SE would vote for Jonathan even if Ojuku and Asari are the APC candidates, So the APC would be wise to ignore all those states and focus on their strenght which is Morth East, NW and SW which have the highest population. NC states like Kwara, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, can be easily swayed

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu:

The ultimate power resides with the electorates. That is why OBJ couldn't return his daughter back to the senate and why incumbent parties lost out.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Lord Varys:
While I absolutely respect your opinion,debating GEJ's achievements which I'm pretty sure speaks for him is not the issue here,the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of people overstate the APC's position in the SW which is not as strong as portrayed, I gave you the example of the last election in the SW(Ondo Guber Polls) where a PDP allied party won and the PDP itself polled ahead of the APC(then A.CN) candidate,that itself is a fact, I agree SW are sophisticated politically but the PDP and its allied parties are still strong to some extent in the SW, I pretty much named many of GEJ's foot soldiers in the SW with the capability to sway votes,also the south West is generally accomodating so there's a large immigrant population, take a concise look at SW voting patterns in 2011 and even discounting the Tinubu factor,GEJ still triumphed because to a large extent South Westerners still remain heavily suspicious of a northern candidate....so it was with Buhari and I doubt Tinubu would be able to herd everyone into voting Tambuwal .......the only way that would happen is if a 'Fashola' is fielded as his running mate which is unlikely since the aPC will pick one of Amaechi or Okorocha, I'm pretty sure that at worst,GEJ will secure at least 40% of the SW vote, 2015 will tell, when we said Jonathan will sweep the SW in 2011 many scoffed and he won fair and square there with little Tinubu help, 2015 will not be different except maybe a South Westerner like fashola emerges running mate............once again,thanks for your polite responses, I guess you're not as bad as you were portrayed

You are making an error comparing SW of 2011 to that of 2013.

Let me ask where was Oyinlola and OBJs alliance during the Ondo election, where is it today?

The biggest GEJ politician in the SW today is Mimiko. How can he survive when the combination of Tinubu, 5 APC governors, plus PDP renegades like Shuabu Oyedokun, OBJ Oyinlola and even FFK descend on him

The GEJ supporters you named in the SW are largely non entities. Who is Alao-Akala Fayose or Daniels today? both either lost or cant make any of their annointed candidate win

The winning ticket is a Tambuwal/Buhari - allied with Fashola as vice the election would be a forgone win for APC

Yorubas would support their tribesman in Fashola ahead of anything Jonathan promises them
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
jmaine: The ultimate power resides with the electorates and that is why OBJ couldn't return his daughter back to the senate and why incumbent parties lost out.

And who controls the electorates? Is it not the powerful politicians and the traditional rulers?

OJ couldnt return his daughter because there was a bigger force of Tinubu-ACN in town

When these two ally then Jonathan is doomed
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu:

And who controls the electorates? Is it not the powerful politicians and the traditional rulers?

OJ couldnt return his daughter because there was a bigger force of Tinubu-ACN in town

When these two ally then Jonathan is doomed

If you believe politicians control the electorates then do not bring up the issue of the sophistication of the South west any longer.

Again, the SW are not zombies to any politician. Like every Nigerian, the sentiments about the candidates is the defining factor rather than the politicians themselves.

OBJ daughter lost because they were fed up with him and wanted an alternative which ACN offered, in the same manner Ondo indigenes voted Mimiko to avoid the sentiments of having a Tinubu puppet in power.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation / N4 Billion Budget For Roads In Sambisa Forest And Border Communities-borno Gov't / Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.