Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,437 members, 7,917,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:24 AM

Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria (14296 Views)

2015 Presidential Elections: The Voice Of Man, Prophecies Or Guess Work / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result / Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Imo people are happy with Rochas, we have a good support base in Anambara. These two states already make up at least 40% of the voter population in the South-East...We will certainly do our best there, but we know that ethnic politics will be played out by the PDP at the end. This is just the sad fact.

Courtesy GEJ: Tribal/Religious tactics.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

OBJ was not a perfect leader, but for a leader to lead Nigeria right after a dictatorial regim and help bring Nigeria to what it was in 2007. You have no option but to give kudos to the man. Everyone knows that Nigeria was in the upward trend till OBJ made the wrong choice of foisting Yar'adua and Jonathan. Now see what Nigeria has become. We are now the 13th largest producer of oil down from 6th position in the world. We are being ruled by a diabolical president, that wants you to believe he is humble! Jonathan is wicked, he is bringing down Nigeria right before our eyes.

OBJ ruling us three times was by providence and we applaud him for that and nothing more.

You of all people should know that our over dependence on oil is a curse and diversification of the economy is a must. And it is very pleasing of note to tell you the GEJ era has done a lot in that front and with more sustenance, we will get there.

What has Nigeria become in the electoral processes with the opposition having a say, power sector, rail,Agriculture, Arresting infrastructural decay , Programmes to stimulate entrepreneurship, Manufacturing with many big players who moved their businesses away returning, old ones growing and new ones seeking to come in.

Those sectors i mentioned are in a upward trend. The "diabolical" President has been responsible for most of that. So let us not go there but stick to the Question and answer course.

My Questions again below in dire need of answers . . .

jmaine:

Can you list this experience you hope to tap from the likes of social rejects like OBJ, Atiku, IBB et al.,

2) Do you feel the defecting politician have the ability to remotely control how the populace vote

3) Does your unachievable 5% mission include, Plateau, Kwara, Kogi,Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Gombe, and even the FCT.

4) What are the chances of the APC to challenge GEJ strong holds in the South.

5) What are the projections of the APC to capture the youths than disgruntled old rejected politicians who can't decide how elections are won this days cos of fair electoral processes.

6) Who do you feel is capable of sweeping the whole North as envisaged by you. Buhari ?

7) What will happen when the traditional founding members of the APC vigorously resist the handing over of their structure to the latest invading brides from the PDP. E.g Sokoto, Kano, and recently Adamawa.

cool Do you feel Amaechi the orphaned politician can steal votes for the APC when the crunch time arrives.

9) How do you hope to convince Nigerians you are the change you proclaim to be when you are busy chasing,wooing and running to the same set of people you desire to dislodge.

10) What is the ideological difference between the APC and the PDP . . .

Thanks as you provide detailed answers to my Questions.

God bless you. . . .

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2013
egift: On who the Party's candidate will be, APC as a party will at the right time go through the process of electing the party's flag bearer. Speculating now is just a waste of time.

But do expect a team capable of moving the nation forward in all front.

We believe that Hon Waziri Aminu Tambuwal will make a great president. Yes, he is in the PDP, but watch he will leave soon, once he finalizes the legal implications on his present seat. The PDP is a sunken ship..for all political observers, you will know that Tambuwal was never with the PDP from the very first day he became speaker.

7 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Chamackh(m): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2013
berem: Seems my first question is difficult to answer. grin
My second question is what plans does APC have to make SE accept the party? Are there plans for sensitized programmes just as what was seen in Rivers state yesterday?
You really disappointed me with this, there is this notion I have about you, that na enweghi ihe emere na Ala Igbo n'adighi nma. We owe it as a duty to project, protect and also that get our own share for Ndi Igbo inspite of our political divide. Taa bu gboo
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Sir when is the Apc holding its convention? We need to see your manifesto, we need to see proper coordination expecially in the states, (kano comes to mind). Finally we want to see a more vibrant national assembly.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by aljharem(m): 9:21am On Dec 24, 2013
APC the party of progressives, how do you intend to reconcile have the most corrupt individual in the SW as your party leader ?

You as a politician know the history of Tinubu, how he got to power, how he has properties all over the place. How do you justify these things.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

Can you list this experience you hope to tap from the likes of social rejects like OBJ, Atiku, IBB et al.,

2) Do you feel the defecting politician have the ability to remotely control how the populace vote---We have noticed that the grassroot people, the real voters, not internet noise makers, end up following their leader...This will certainly play out in 2015

3) Does your unachievable 5% mission include, Plateau, Kwara, Kogi,Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Gombe, and even the FCT. - When I said 50% in the middle belt, I mean only the likes of Plateau, Kogi, FCT, Benue and Adamawa. Kwara and Taraba will have a filled APC day.

4) What are the chances of the APC to challenge GEJ strong holds in the South. - GEJ don't have any campaigning point in Rivers, he has deprived the people there due to his political fued with Amaechi. Rivers is going to be landslide. Edo is APC. Bayelsa, CrossRivers, Akwa Ibom will vote for GEJ. However, this is not enough to win the election with the whole of the South West, North and half of the middle belt voting for APC.

5) What are the projections of the APC to capture the youths than disgruntled old rejected politicians who can't decide how elections are won this days cos of fair electoral processes. - What I am doing is one of the strategies.

6) Who do you feel is capable of sweeping the whole North as envisaged by you. Buhari ? - Buhari is not contesting...However Hon Tambuwal is high up there for a possible presidential candidature. Yes, he is still in PDP, but he will defect to APC soon, once the legal ramifications for his present seat is worked out!

7) What will happen when the traditional founding members of the APC vigorously resist the handing over of their structure to the latest invading brides from the PDP. E.g Sokoto, Kano, and recently Adamawa. - That would not happen

cool Do you feel Amaechi the orphaned politician can steal votes for the APC when the crunch time arrives. - Very well so! He is one of the best politicians/activist we have at present. With massive support in his home base

9) How do you hope to convince Nigerians you are the change you proclaim to be when you are busy chasing,wooing and running to the same set of people you desire to dislodge. - Politics is a game of numbers we have to fight for those numbers. It won't come to us on a platter of gold

10) What is the ideological difference between the APC and the PDP . . .APC represents an all-inclusive government. A government that would ensure resources are managed for the good of the people, one where we will have progress and equity in the system. Where every citizen is dignified with an education, a job, good health care and security. These are the tenets of the APC. That is why we call ourselves the progressives. The nation have been taken several steps back and we want to change it

Thanks as you provide detailed answers to my Questions.

God bless you. . . .

5 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 24, 2013
Obiagelli: Sir when is the Apc holding its convention? We need to see your manifesto, we need to see proper coordination expecially in the states, (kano comes to mind). Finally we want to see a more vibrant national assembly.

You will in due course.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2013
Chamackh: You really disappointed me with this, there is this notion I have about you, that na enweghi ihe emere na Ala Igbo n'adighi nma. We owe it as a duty to project, protect and also that get our own share for Ndi Igbo inspite of our political divide. Taa bu gboo

Sure, we are going to cover everywhere!
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2013
berem: well said! I expected cramjones to say this instead of those words of discouragement. Smh embarassed

Berem, The guy was just being pragmatic in his response to your question. Look, down here in the east, we are incurable and irredeemable followers of any government in power (No pun intended). But things got to the crescendo, when we added religion and sentiments into it, because of the way the dullard in power brought ethnicity and religion into body polity. Sorry to say this, it has been impossible for me to convince my mother to see reasons why she should not vote for jonathan but all to no avail.
So even if APC made Rochas or Ngige their standard bearer in 2015, they wont vote APC given the above reasons. So why waste resources and energy on areas you will never win?

So the best bet for APC, prevent Jonathan from getting constitutional required 25% in the north while using simple majority to whip his arsss. Then you would watch as South East and South South fall over each other to curry favour from APC government.

Men politics no be moi moi grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by freezy(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2013
@Cramjones

Does the APC intend to do anything about the mind-boggling salaries & allowances (rumoured to be the highest in the world) of the Senators and Reps? Drastically reducing recurrent expenditure is one sure way to ensure funds are available for development and it must start at the centre.

Is the APC planning to restructure this? Especially with the fact that the current APC Senators and Reps seem to have no qualms with it at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2013
We have noticed that the grassroot people, the real voters, not internet noise makers, end up following their leader...This will certainly play out in 2015

This may apply to the core North and not the areas where education has adequately quashed all follow-follow syndrome.

A reason why PDP can win the presidency and APC,APGA,LP can clinch localized polls.

When I said 50% in the middle belt, I mean only the likes of Plateau, Kogi, FCT, Benue and Adamawa. Kwara and Taraba will have a filled APC day.

What do you mean by "Filled APC Day" .
From my deductions on this quote, you sternly believe you will totally dominate the "whole" South west.

I laugh at your fallacious calculations.

GEJ don't have any campaigning point in Rivers, he has deprived the people there due to his political fued with Amaechi. Rivers is going to be landslide. Edo is APC. Bayelsa, CrossRivers, Akwa Ibom will vote for GEJ. However, this is not enough to win the election with the whole of the South West, North and half of the middle belt voting for APC.

Bros, the entire South South will fall under the command of GEJ. It is undisputable cool.

What I am doing is one of the strategies.

Another fallacy, what the youths are seeing is the desperation of the APC to use the same tools they demonized and campaigned against to achieve their desperate desires to only unseat GEJ and return power to the Core North.

The youths are silently observing your leaders.

Buhari is not contesting...However Hon Tambuwal is high up there for a possible presidential candidature. Yes, he is still in PDP, but he will defect to APC soon, once the legal ramifications for his present seat is worked out!

GEJ will totally destroy Tambuwal except APC adopt men in the mold of Pat Utomi.

I earnestly hope it is Tambuwal or the more tested Buhari.

That would not happen

They are already happening. Maybe you haven't been current on party news.

You can't categorically say it won't happen.

Very well so! He is one of the best politicians/activist we have at present. With massive support in his home base

Fair view, but the Presidency is another kettle of fish.

Politics is a game of numbers we have to fight for those numbers. It won't come to us on a platter of gold

You should be fighting for the true numbers which are the Nigerian electorates who decide who becomes what these days and not rouge politicians

APC represents an all-inclusive government. A government that would ensure resources are managed for the good of the people, one where we will have progress and equity in the system. Where every citizen is dignified with an education, a job, good health care and security. These are the tenets of the APC. That is why we call ourselves the progressives. The nation has been taken several steps back and we want to change it

How can that be when we are seeing the extension of the PDP and their old timers in the APC ..

11 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

Berem, The guy was just being pragmatic in his response to your question. Look, down here in the east, we are incurable and irredeemable followers of any government in power (No pun intended). But things got to the crescendo, when we added religion and sentiments into it, because of the way the dullard in power brought ethnicity and religion into body polity. Sorry to say this, it has been impossible for me to convince my mother to see reasons why she should not vote for jonathan but all to no avail.

So even if APC made Rochas or Ngige their standard bearer in 2015, they wont vote APC given the above reasons. So why waste resources and energy on areas you will never win?

So the best bet for APC, prevent Jonathan from getting constitutional required 25% in the north while using simple majority to whip his arsss. Then you would watch as South East and South South fall over each other to curry favour from APC government.

Men politics no moi moi grin grin grin
maybe your mum is based in the east hence the refusal not to vote for anyone else other than Jonathan. Same with my mum too. My Dad is a Buhari fan to the core.
The level of brainwashing that has befell some people eh, I don't know if its as a result of the aftermath of the civil war or its just plain ignorance. Its so sad that in this present day, some people are not independent thinkers but they rely on sentiments to take decisions. Its so sad honestly! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 24, 2013
Obiagelli: Sir when is the Apc holding its convention? We need to see your manifesto, we need to see proper coordination expecially in the states, (kano comes to mind). Finally we want to see a more vibrant national assembly.

All that is being worked out and will be communicated early next year.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

This may apply to the core North and not the areas where education has adequately quashed all follow-follow syndrome.

A reason why PDP can win the presidency and APC,APGA,LP can clinch localized polls.

What do you mean by "Filled APC Day" .
From my deductions on this quote, you sternly believe you will totally dominate the "whole" South west.

I laugh at your fallacious calculations.

Bros, the entire South South will fall under the command of GEJ. It is undisputable cool.

Another fallacy, what the youths are seeing is the desperation of the APC to use the same tools they demonized and campaigned against to achieve their desperate desires to only unseat GEJ and return power to the Core North.

The youths are silently observing your leaders.

GEJ will totally destroy Tambuwal except APC adopt men in the mold of Pat Utomi.

I earnestly hope it is Tambuwal or the more tested Buhari.

They are already happening. Maybe you haven't been current on party news.

You can categorically say it won't happen.

Fair view, but the Presidency is another kettle of fish.

You should be fighting for the true numbers which are the Nigerian electorates who decide who becomes what these days and not rouge politicians

How can that be when we are seeing the extended old timers and PDP in the APC..

All your opinion, which you are free to express...However, you have a lot to learn in the politics of Nigeria...I would stop here...

10 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

All your opinion, which you are free to express...However, you have a lot to learn in the politics of Nigeria...I would stop here...

Coming from someone who believes the APC will win the Whole South Western Region, and that Rivers State will be a landslide victory for the APC e.t.c .

If am to learn, definitely not from a political novice.

5 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

Coming from someone who believes the APC will win the Whole South Western Region, and that Rivers State will be a landslide victory for the APC e.t.c .

If am to learn, definitely not from a political novice.

Once again, your opinion....

8 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:01am On Dec 24, 2013
berem: maybe your mum is based in the east hence the refusal not to vote for anyone else other than Jonathan. Same with my mum too. My Dad is a Buhari fan to the core.
The level of brainwashing that has befell some people eh, I don't know if its as a result of the aftermath of the civil war or its just plain ignorance. Its so sad that in this present day, some people are not independent thinkers but they rely on sentiments to take decisions. Its so sad honestly! embarassed

You are damn right @ the bold. You can easily sway an average Igboman's loyalty by simple dropping the civil war mantra. And that exactly what Jonthan is presently taking the advantage of, to the fullest. However, this tactics comes with a snag----Short term gain and long term pain.

Cramjones, in as much as i commend you on your informed response so far, please do not be tempted to reveal all the strategies of APC here. eg ( The Tambuwal and Buhari question). Than you!

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2013
Confirmed.. Buhari is not contesting! sad FFK just broke my heart!

Well, field Tambuwal/Amaechi or Tambuwal/Fashola cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 24, 2013
freezy: @Cramjones

Does the APC intend to do anything about the mind-boggling salaries & allowances (rumoured to be the highest in the world) of the Senators and Reps? Drastically reducing recurrent expenditure is one sure way to ensure funds are available for development and it must start at the centre.

Is the APC planning to restructure this? Especially with the fact that the current APC Senators and Reps seem to have no qualms with it at the moment.

Definitely, it is criminal for the legislature to earn that kind of money. We will definitely cut on over head costs not just in the National Assembly, but in all government institutions. Nigeria needs capital development at this time to drive private sector growth that would create the much needed employment.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 10:06am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Once again, your opinion....

An informed opinion if i must stress . .
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 10:07am On Dec 24, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

You are damn right @ the bold. You can easily sway an average Igboman's loyalty by simple dropping the civil war mantra. And that exactly what Jonthan is presently taking the advantage of, to the fullest. However, this tactics comes with a snag----Short term gain and long term pain.

Cramjones, in as much as i commend you on your informed response so far, please do not be tempted to reveal all the strategies of APC here. eg ( The Tambuwal and Buhari question). Than you!

Yeah.. He shouldnt have said that! But all join, it's good to know.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 10:10am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Definitely, it is criminal for the legislature to earn that kind of money. We will definitely cut on over head costs not just in the National Assembly, but in all government institutions. Nigeria needs capital development at this time to drive private sector growth that would create the much needed employment.

What's stopping the APC Reps to make motion concerning their outrageous allowances?? You might win the heart of the people with that.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

An informed opinion if i must stress . .

Sorry to say this, but your opinion shows either of three things..first, ignorance and/or bias and/or total denial of fact.

11 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 24, 2013
Cramjones....

I simply love your politics of pragmatism and directness...

APC should keep working hard in their area of strength..the North and South West. Whether we like it or not, The SS and SE will never vote enthusiastically for the APC...akin to Republicans fighting to win some traditionally blue states.

For now...I have just one question....when is APC going to commence on the registration of members nationwide....? Can we also have online registration of members?
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Sorry to say this, but your opinion shows either of three things..first, ignorance and/or bias and/or total denial of fact.

I will go for the combination of the last two....I know him very well...he is not ignorant per se...
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

All of the above precisely. Sin.9gerian is coming with his own wahala soon. Just watch out for him. sad
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Brimmie:

What's stopping the APC Reps to make motion concerning their outrageous allowances?? You might win the heart of the people with that.

over $15billion stolen oil wealth in NNPC, over $1billion worth of oil stolen daily, over $10billion oil scam etc...all these adds to trillions of naira...in the history of Nigeria, where have you heard of them stealing trillions? This is what we have in the Jonathanian government. These massive stealings has deflected our attention from legislative allowances, it is nothing compared to this massive looting. Do you know what $1billion can do to a state? It is not even up to a years budget of some states....We must sweep GEJ and his cronies out come 2015!

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 24, 2013
Sir why is the Apc toeing the line followed by pdp by also insisting to field a nothern candidate? why are you continueing this our turn their turn kind of politics that has brought us were we are today as a country? Cant you allow a completely democratic process to prevail and allow the best candidate emerge irrespective of religion or ethnic affiliations.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2013
****Warning Alert*****

Please Cramjones, do not be pushed to join issues with Jmaine on this thread. He lives, bathes, sleeps, cloths and wee on any thread that talks about APC. Take this simple warning or you would see this your lovely thread thrown to the dustbin.

This warning is hereby extended to all the progressive minds here on this thread!

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Reski: Sir why is the Apc toeing the line followed by pdp by also insisting to field a nothern candidate? why are you continueing this our turn their turn kind of politics that has brought us were we are today as a country? Cant you allow a completely democratic process to prevail and allow the best candidate emerge irrespective of religion or ethnic affiliations.

Focus on the person and not the region. Have you heard Lagosians complaining about Fashola's religion? Religion and ethnic politics come to play when the government of the day does nothing and relies on ethnic sentiments to be elected to office

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Senate Summons Service Chiefs Over Election Postponement / PDP To Obama: Teach Buhari Tenets Of Democracy / Nigeria Least Prepared In OPEC For Higher Oil Price Regime – Businessday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.