Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,076 members, 7,977,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:49 PM

Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria (14450 Views)

2015 Presidential Elections: The Voice Of Man, Prophecies Or Guess Work / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result / Jega Must Conduct 2015 Elections- The Punch Newpapers Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by helpee(m): 11:02am On Dec 24, 2013
@fani kayode, good response so far. However, as a nigerian youth, I don't buy the sentiment of APC...apc is only trying to hijack power by all means possible and it will create very deep disaffection between the various ethnic divide in nigeria. Apc is a lazy party...not interested in building a party but in assembling failed politicians from apc. I remember how you connived with el rufai to push out atiku undemocratically from the FEC meeting during the crisis with obasanjo...and all of u are now back in the same political fold saying you are all progrssives. If jonathan should join APC today, tinubu will gladly lead party members to aso rock and say to hell with buhari. Such a party can't last even if u win the election. Once u win the election, nothing will change. Tell me one single individual in your party that can make a change and has never been part of PDP before? None? So what's different from what we had before? Tambuwal is unstable...from anpp to pdp to apc ...he has no ideology. Buhari can't rule nigeria except as a military man. He will cause serious divide. So for you to assume that the whole of south west will follow APC cos king tinubu say so is a serious political miscalculation that may backfire

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 24, 2013
ilugunboy: cramjones....I have this issue that have been bothering my mind silently ...more like a fear.

What is the possibility that most of these defecting members into APC will not again defect back to PDP once they captured power at the center?

Nigeria is still a young democracy...once parties are deeply rooted on ideologies, people won't defect like we have now and selfish interest will decrease....it is all one step at a time.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by freezy(m): 11:03am On Dec 24, 2013
Obiagelli:
I understand your point and I am also waiting for them (apc) members to cut their salaries but it is too little compared to the waste in the executive.

So we are on the same page. And I totally agree with regards to waste in the executive. Excerpts from the budget has indicated funds for a new aircraft and funds for taking care of wild animals.

Utter waste.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 24, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
Cramjones, Why are the APC Senators foot-dragging on formalizing their defection just like the house counterparts?

2. What are APC's plan about taking over the leadership of the house having met the constitutional requirements?

Keep your eyes and ears open and see what happens...lots of drama very soon in our polity

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones...

What is APC position on the proposed ban on some items....like fish and fully assembled vehicles.?

I read in the papers today where Gov. Rotimi Ameachi said he is actually the number 1 on the list of those on the GEJ watchlist?

Is that a confirmation that such list actually exist?
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by warrior01: 11:10am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Focus on the person and not the region. Have you heard Lagosians complaining about Fashola's religion? Religion and ethnic politics come to play when the government of the day does nothing and relies on ethnic sentiments to be elected to office
You don't need to be clever by half. We all know the lust for power by the APC is not because they love the average Nigerian but just for power to return back to the north by all means possible irrespective of the performances of the current administration which has surpassed all previous regimes. So surprising that good candidates can't be found in other regions but only from those cabal that brought us to where we are today. Keep on deceiving yourselves

7 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Obiagelli: @ Cramjones I hope the APC is also restructuring it publicity department, i am not always satisfied with lai Muhammad on most issues, he is mostly rash and gooved on the impeachment call. I would like to see a team effort in fact there should be a publicity office.

Without prejudice to any response from Cramjones, I beg to disagree, Lai Mohammed is one of the good things to happen to APC. The crafty way he responds to issue is enviable and PDP know this. On the impeachment move, even though we know it might be impossible but it is the job of the opposition to keep you on your toes. Do you know what we gained from that threat? I do not want to mention some gains here for obvious reasons.
So let Lai continue in that regard because situation they say, determines character and as our people use to say (If a bird learns how to fly without perching, the hunter should as well shoot without aiming grin grin)

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by daylae(m): 11:12am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

We want an all inclusive Nigeria. However, we don't think we will get much votes from the South-South and South-East for obvious reasons. However, we are sure to win the whole of South-West, the North and at least half of the middle belt. The Jonathanians can't beat that, and mark my word there would be no rigging in these regions. The Federal government knows they can't try that!
the whole of SW? one thing you and your party should know is that an average person from the SW hardly toll the party or ethnic lane when casting his vote,the demographics of the last election is a classic example where people voted overwhelmingly for the ACN during the governorship polls because of the caliber of people presented ,but shaply changed their course at the presidential polls.
If the APC fail to present a likeable candidate with unquestionable character,the pattern of votes from the SW won't be any different this time as well; especially when you leave us with no other choice, but rather preferring the bad to the worse.

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Keep your eyes and ears open and see what happens...lots of drama very soon in our polity
hmmm...

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papindinho(m): 11:15am On Dec 24, 2013
daylae: the whole of SW? one thing you and your party should know is that an average person from the SW hardly toll the party or ethnic lane when casting his vote,the demographics of the last election is a classic example where people voted overwhelmingly for the ACN during the governorship polls because of the caliber of people presented ,but shaply changed their course at the presidential polls.
If the APC fail to present a likeable candidate with unquestionable character,the pattern of votes from the SW won't be any different this time as well; especially when you leave us with no other choice but to preferring the bad to the worse.
a well analysed mind of SW people.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by oluwashaddow(m): 11:16am On Dec 24, 2013
please those A.P.C have plans to change the revenue sharing formula, whereby the Fg receives lowest, while the states and Lgs receive the most,cos I believe the state and Lgs are more closer to the people n the Fg should focus on making good policies.....
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 24, 2013
warrior01:
You don't need to be clever by half. We all know the lust for power by the APC is not because they love the average Nigerian but just for power to return back to the north by all means possible irrespective of the performances of the current administration which has surpassed all previous regimes. So surprising that good candidates can't be found in other regions but only from those cabal that brought us to where we are today. Keep on deceiving yourselves

At a great risk of going off topic here.

At the bold...I keep hearing this you opinion from your type...mention one thing that is of legacy to this present administration so far? Something ordinary Nigerian can connect with? OBJ revolutionize the telecom industry and a market woman or taxi driver can attest to that.

At a point in our national life....Nigeria was almost completely debt-free.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

Without prejudice to any response from Cramjones, I beg to disagree, Lai Mohammed is one of the good things to happen to APC. The crafty way he responds to issue is enviable and PDP know this. On the impeachment move, even though we know it might be impossible but it is the job of the opposition to keep you on your toes. Do you know what we gained from that threat? I do not want to mention some gains here for obvious reasons.
So let Lai continue in that regard because situation they say, determines character and as our people use to say (If a birds learns how to fly without perching, the hunter should as well shoot without aiming grin grin)
I agree with some of your points but I will tell you neutrals don't actually take him seriously. His comments are not fully coordinated. IMO el rufai or fashakin, will do better.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 24, 2013
daylae: the whole of SW? one thing you and your party should know is that an average person from the SW hardly toll the party or ethnic lane when casting his vote,the demographics of the last election is a classic example where people voted overwhelmingly for the ACN during the governorship polls because of the caliber of people presented ,but shaply changed their course at the presidential polls.
If the APC fail to present a likeable candidate with unquestionable character,the pattern of votes from the SW won't be any different this time as well; especially when you leave us with no other choice, but rather preferring the bad to the worse.

Can't you see that the last elections, the ACN had agreed to support the PDP in the presidential elections? This is different, no one is supporting the PDP for presidency. The whole of South West is in APC's pocket...watch and see!

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by oluwashaddow(m): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2013
helpee: @fani kayode, good response so far. However, as a nigerian youth, I don't buy the sentiment of APC...apc is only trying to hijack power by all means possible and it will create very deep disaffection between the various ethnic divide in nigeria. Apc is a lazy party...not interested in building a party but in assembling failed politicians from apc. I remember how you connived with el rufai to push out atiku undemocratically from the FEC meeting during the crisis with obasanjo...and all of u are now back in the same political fold saying you are all progrssives. If jonathan should join APC today, tinubu will gladly lead party members to aso rock and say to hell with buhari. Such a party can't last even if u win the election. Once u win the election, nothing will change. Tell me one single individual in your party that can make a change and has never been part of PDP before? None? So what's different from what we had before? Tambuwal is unstable...from anpp to pdp to apc ...he has no ideology. Buhari can't rule nigeria except as a military man. He will cause serious divide. So for you to assume that the whole of south west will follow APC cos king tinubu say so is a serious political miscalculation that may backfire
Do you have a question or not,if you have ask and if not keep shut, you don't need to comment on everything

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 24, 2013
Obiagelli:
I agree with some of your points but I will tell you neutrals don't actually take him seriously. His comments are not fully coordinated. IMO el rufai or fashakin, will do better.
are you saying Lai Mohammed is not a good spokesman? You might be right though. I would prefer El-rufai anytime. Rotimi Fashakin is too dull. From the way he talks in some interviews I have watched on Channels TV, he's just so slow. angry
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by oluwashaddow(m): 11:22am On Dec 24, 2013
helpee: @fani kayode, good response so far. However, as a nigerian youth, I don't buy the sentiment of APC...apc is only trying to hijack power by all means possible and it will create very deep disaffection between the various ethnic divide in nigeria. Apc is a lazy party...not interested in building a party but in assembling failed politicians from apc. I remember how you connived with el rufai to push out atiku undemocratically from the FEC meeting during the crisis with obasanjo...and all of u are now back in the same political fold saying you are all progrssives. If jonathan should join APC today, tinubu will gladly lead party members to aso rock and say to hell with buhari. Such a party can't last even if u win the election. Once u win the election, nothing will change. Tell me one single individual in your party that can make a change and has never been part of PDP before? None? So what's different from what we had before? Tambuwal is unstable...from anpp to pdp to apc ...he has no ideology. Buhari can't rule nigeria except as a military man. He will cause serious divide. So for you to assume that the whole of south west will follow APC cos king tinubu say so is a serious political miscalculation that may backfire
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 24, 2013
Greetings cramjones,

Given the number of constituents parties which make up the APC, do you know if there are any plans to adopt open primaries for the selection of electoral candidates?

I ask this question because I am curious to know how potential fissures are likely to be resolved going forward.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2013
eGuerrilla: Greetings cramjones,

Given the number of constituents parties which make up the APC, do you know if there are any plans to adopt open primaries for the selection of electoral candidates?

I ask this question because I am curious to know how potential fissures are likely to be resolved going forward.

It will follow a democratic process...I assure you.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papindinho(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

Can't you see that the last elections, the ACN had agreed to support the PDP in the presidential elections? This is different, no one is supporting the PDP for presidency. The whole of South West is in APC's pocket...watch and see!
sure, one thing is vivid. It's no more about the party, the accebtability of the candidate would quantify the number of votes amassed or to be amassed.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by papindinho(m): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2013
Don't you guys think APC is susceptible to mass cross-carpetting cos of the presence of yet unrooted calibres of politicians that changed team of recent ?
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by daylae(m): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

well, then i dare your party to come -up with the likes of Atiku and Buhari.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 24, 2013
papindinho: Don't you guys think APC is susceptible to mass cross-carpetting cos of the presence of yet unrooted calibres of politicians that changed team of recent ?

Refer to my earlier response
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2013
daylae: well, then i dare your party to come -up with the likes of Atiku and Buhari.

Atiku is in the PDP and won't realize his political interest in the APC. He may join but would not be the presidential candidate

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2013
warrior01:

That is the primary drive of the APC for now.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Adex097: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2013
Good Job sir.
I've got no question to ask...just wanna view.

#TEAM_APC cool

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by lukkie(m): 11:37am On Dec 24, 2013
True FEDERALISM. What's APC's policy on entrecnhing a true federal system of government? Nigeria can't develop if we continue with this fraudulent come-and-share-money-in-Abuja style of government. What is the general opinion about this in APC or is it an untouchable topic for "obvious reasons?"

Nice topic!

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by jmaine: 11:38am On Dec 24, 2013
cramjones:

GEJ won the South west fair and square devoid of all the lies and propaganda to cushion the reality of ACN merited loss.

Those lies were just disseminated to suit the bruised ego of the defunct ACN.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 24, 2013
CJones:

What does APC think about true federalism? or is their government still going to be business as usually without giving states more autonomy ??

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by warrior01: 11:45am On Dec 24, 2013
ilugunboy:

At a great risk of going off topic here.

At the bold...I keep hearing this you opinion from your type...mention one thing that is of legacy to this present administration so far? Something ordinary Nigerian can connect with? OBJ revolutionize the telecom industry and a market woman or taxi driver can attest to that.

At a point in our national life....Nigeria was almost completely debt-free.

Oh sorry! Never knew Nigeria was more developed than America until Gej took over. FYI, any discerning and unbiased mind knows this is the best administration so far in the history of this geographical expression called Nigeria. Let me ask you, why the hate for Gej? Is it because he is not from the region(s) that think they own Nigeria and are born to rule? Listen, right from the onset of this administration, we have all seen the various obstacles laid for the President just to undermine his govt. We know the roles being played by your masters daily so that Nigeria can't be seen to be moving forward. Don't worry, we know all your antecedents, let meet at the polls. You will be surprised the way you guys will shamed.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2013
jmaine:

GEJ won the South west fair and square devoid of all the lies and propaganda to cushion the reality of ACN merited loss.

Those lies were just disseminated to suit the bruised ego of the defunct ACN.

That is you opinion....

You were not on ground then...so you wouldn't have known what transpired.
Re: Ask Me Questions On 2015 Elections, The APC And The Future Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2013
Aigipan: CJones:

What does APC think about true federalism? or is their government still going to be business as usually without giving states more autonomy ??

If you follow our governors, you will know they are the foremost preachers of true federalism. However, this can't be automatic, it will take a total review of the constitution. That is why APC views a national dialogue as a scam coming to close to elections with no assured referendum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) / APC Convention: Governors Split, May Revolt Against Buni Committee / Kolade Akinjo: Money Given To Delegates At Party Primaries, An Appetiser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.