Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,902 members, 7,933,328 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 02:07 AM

Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy (35682 Views)

ISIS Fighter Executes Own Mother In Syria For 'apostasy,' Rights Groups Say / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Nigerians Sentenced To Death For Drug Dealing: ALL OF THEM IGBOS - SHAME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by vedaxcool(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
Christians do fine killing themselves
vedaxcool: Are there really 100,000 new Christian martyrs every year?

It's often claimed that 100,000 Christians are killed every year because of their religion. Earlier this year, the Vatican called it a credible number. But is it?

Gunmen on motorcycles kill three people when they open fire on a wedding outside a Coptic Christian church in Cairo. A twin-suicide bombing outside a church in Pakistan kills at least 75 people.

These two recent headline-grabbing attacks occurred within just a month of each other. Horrific, but by no means isolated incidents.

So how widespread is anti-Christian violence?

"Credible research has reached the shocking conclusion that every year an estimate of more than 100,000 Christians are killed because of some relation to their faith," Vatican spokesman Archbishop Silvano Maria Tomasi announced in a radio address to the United Nations Human Rights Council in May.

On the internet, the statistic has taken on a life of its own, popping up all over the place, sometimes with an additional detail - that these 100,000 lives are taken by Muslims.

The number comes originally from the Center for the Study of Global Christianity (CSGC) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in the US state of Massachusetts, which publishes such a figure each year in its Status of Global Mission (see line 28).

Its researchers started by estimating the number of Christians who died as martyrs between 2000 and 2010 - about one million by their reckoning - and divided that number by 10 to get an annual number, 100,000.

But how do they reach that figure of one million?

When you dig down, you see that the majority died in the civil war in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

More than four million are estimated to have been killed in that war between 2000 and 2010, and CSGC counts 900,000 of them - or 20% - as martyrs.

Over 10 years, that averages out at 90,000 per year.

So when you hear that 100,000 Christians are dying for their faith, you need to keep in mind that the vast majority - 90,000 - are people who were killed in DR Congo.

This means we can say right away that the internet rumours of Muslims being behind the killing of 100,000 Christian martyrs are nonsense. The DRC is a Christian country. In the civil war, Christians were killing Christians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24864587
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Slimmos(m): 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Abdul Adam56: Allahu Akbar,masha Allah.
Donnt worry keep screeming masha allah....one day u will b beheaded by dis same sharia people

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
All these because the medieval church excommunicated the errant monk Sergio who wandered into Arabia and took his revenge on mankind by putting incoherent ideas into the head of a violence prone thrill seeker called Mohammed. Sergio I know you're burning in hells eternal fire.

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
The CAR Seleka rebels are Muslims killing innocent people! Name a war around Africa and the world where you have Muslims without them being the culprits! Religious fools!

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
K

4 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Slimmos(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
simpleseyi:

Nigerian Christians and Muslims are queuing at their embassy in Lagos and Abuja.
keep shut.....no reasonable christian will ever Go there not even for christians..becos christians and atheist like Freedom...and freedom of speech....unlike u guys

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by cloudstar: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
vedaxcool: Christians do fine killing themselves

Congo and Rwanda is ALWAYs your example abi smiley. Any new updates? smiley
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Afroconnect: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
Its shameful that the international community will watch a group of money drunk Sheiks and dictators kill this young man and do nothing about it...
Shame on the Saudi Government.

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
cloudstar:

Congo and Rwanda is ALWAYs your example abi smiley. Any new updates? smiley
What Muslims understand is that if you are not Muslim you are automatically a Christian. Jeez! How can human beings like those be reasonable in any sense of that view?! There are thousands of different religions around the world,you nitwit Muslims!

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by cloudstar: 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija: What Muslims understand is that if you are not Muslim you are automatically a Christian. Jeez! How can human beings like those be reasonable in any sense of that view?! There are thousands of different religions around the world,you nitwit Muslims!

They can't accuse us of been jews so we are automatically Christians. Their hate of Christianity steams from the Quran and the Sunnah of Mohammad himself
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
Afro connect: Its shameful that the international community will watch a group of money drunk Sheiks and dictators kill this young man and do nothing about it...
Shame on the Saudi Government.
These are the same people who travel around the world flirting with naughty ladies! They are bunch of hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija: What Muslims understand is that if you are not Muslim you are automatically a Christian. Jeez! How can human beings like those be reasonable in any sense of that view?! There are thousands of different religions around the world,you nitwit Muslims!

The same mindset that tells them them if you are not wearing a burqua ,you are naked

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Gamji007: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Baby mama:

Fastest growing by your women being ripe for marriage at 9
Is that a good thing to boast about?
Haven't you heard that bad habits die hard
Islam is the religion that has the most converts leaving it
If you doubt me use Yoruba and middle belt Muslims as a test study
Many more would but for fear of death
This is a thread that showcases that fact where a young man will be slaughtered at the altar of Islam for not agreeing with it
Do you know how many more will be forced to stay in it to save their lives and those of their loved ones?

You must have a very small sense of reasoning. Europe and America continue to have converts on a daily basis despite the on going campaign to dent its image. Open your mind, read and understand your bible, read the qur'an, understand the history of islam, and many unbiased books about the religion, and hopefully, we shall get your testimony after embrassing islam, here on Nairaland

smiley

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by CriminalIbos: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
...baby mama,baby oshi,u're only good 4 religion bigotry yiboo woman smh..!
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
K

3 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by vedaxcool(m): 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Christian canibals in Jos

https://www.nairaland.com/863573/cannibalization-muslims-jos-video-where#10126446

BABSIN: “Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter” – Martin Luther King.

In the past few months, I have heard all sorts of stories about the unfortunate massacre of Muslim faithfuls in Jos, Plateau state in central Nigeria on their way to the Eid prayer in September 2011 and how their flesh was roasted and eaten by Berom youths. I thought “roasted and eaten” was a metaphor of sorts so I never paid much attention to it. Even when I heard there was a video on Youtube that captured the “roasting and eating”, I never bothered to make a simple Google search to verify the incident because I just refused to believe it had happened. Then I saw the said video posted on Facebook today, I watched every frame of this unbelievably atrocious video clip with absolute horror and revulsion. I am not only incensed and disgusted by the new low some Nigerians have sunken to and how far they would go in their hatred and fighting in the name of religion, but I am very worried and disturbed by the deafening silence of our leaders, especially our Christian leaders and sections of our media over this inhuman, savage, despicable and barbaric act.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/630475_canibal_1_jpg762683c504f4f530d5a1f4eb764f804f

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Gamji007: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
mickyarams:

keep dreaming, ret@rd

It may be you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Criminal Ibos: ...baby mama,baby oshi,u're only good 4 religion bigotry yiboo woman smh..!

Lol@ your handle. You probably create that handle to show your hate for Igbo people. I can see from your view-points that you are a Muslim. A fanatics for that matter.It is a big shame on your side for not making good use of your brain!
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by vedaxcool(m): 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
There are no new converts to this cult of Islam. Any growth in Europe is through immigration and in the US blacks use jail house conversion as a form of protest and to gain privileges like claiming they must pray 5 times a day and so must be excused of some duties. The challenge for these Moslem migrants to the west is holding the next generations in the faith. That is proving more and more difficult giving the stench associated with Islam.

Close to home, Islam is under siege in the south west as the pull towards a rejuvenated Christian faith is too strong for many children born into Islam. Most telling is in Sierra Leone where you will find majority of the citizens bearing Moslem names and practicing Christianity. The rapid advancement in technology and enlightenment will be the undoing of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by cloudstar: 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
vedaxcool: Christian canibals in Jos

https://www.nairaland.com/863573/cannibalization-muslims-jos-video-where#10126446

Hahahahaha - is that so? Using a Muslim thread on nairaland to prove that "Christians" are cannibals. Yummy! grin

Omo you are desperate oh!. Please show us where Christians are BOMBING mosques in Iraq, Syria and in Northern Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Criminal Ibos: ...baby mama,baby oshi,u're only good 4 religion bigotry yiboo woman smh..!

Looks like I am hitting you where it hurts
Pele

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Gamji007: 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
vedaxcool:

Lol this words would rise the blood pressure of the islamophobe.

I can see that grin

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by McLuhan(m): 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
In terms of sheer violence, terror and bloodshed, Islam is unsurpassed among the world's religions. No other religion today accounts for as many beheadings, lashes, bomb blasts, and punitive amputations as Islam does. I challenge anyone to dispute these facts. I can provide verifiable statistics.

4 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
vedaxcool: Christian canibals in Jos

I am not supporting any religion here. Isn't that a gruesome image of Boko Haram aftermath?! I think some people tried to annihilate others there before that horrible scene of cannibalism. Ptui! ptui!

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by vedaxcool(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1567624/name-wars-fought-name-atheism#20434134

Atheist wars are not only satanistic, but tend to leave huge body counts

OLAADEGBU: Tina In Colorado said: "Can you name the wars fought in the name of atheism for us, please?"

Response:

Over 110,000,000 human beings have been slaughtered in the name of atheistic communism. Beats religious wars, hands down.

www.EvolutionVsGod.com

1 Like

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by spacechuks(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Hypocrite, so you admit its in your bible, yet you are rejecting it - does Christianity allow you to choose and pick from your scripture?
If yes, then what you have is not Christianity but a fake religion that is man-made, revised and continually being revised by humans - I guess that's how you guys arrived at the various versions of your so called bible - king James version and what-not.
Aboki you have come again,with your religious fanatism,what is wrong in someone telling you that your religion taking of innocent lifes is bad,why should you blasphem about the bible,I pray the Lord have mercy on you cos I knw you don't knw what you r doing,have you consider yourself lossing your arm or leg for islam...stupid religion ♍Ɣ foot

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by omoba9jeria: 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
emmanuelson20: Omg!!! No right to free speech because of Religion!!! To think you can't practice any religion except Islam without being sentenced to death is so unthinkable!!! Yet People scream Its a religion of peace!!!

Yes its a religion of peace, it was done to avoid further troubles...
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
all4naija: These are the same people who travel around the world flirting with naughty ladies! They are bunch of hypocrites!

Are the worst womanizers in Nigeria not the Alhajis?
They will marry 4 wives and keep 20 in the fringes
They will marry little girls sef and tell you Allah sanctioned it

3 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
McLuhan: In terms of sheer violence, terror and bloodshed, Islam is unsurpassed among the world's religions. No other religion today accounts for as many beheadings, lashings, bomb blasts, and punitive amputations as Islam does. I challenge anyone to dispute these facts. I can provide statistics.

Indeed, it is like 90% to other religions in comparison.

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by SweetSoup(m): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
People will come on nairaland and use their crowcrow infested fingers to post rubbish. Was he not aware of the laws before creating the website, not that am happy with the judgement but the fact is that he ask for it.
Re: Wife: Saudi Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy by chiboy429(m): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
I see nothing holy in places such as mecca, arabia et al that made them to consider those places holy land that our handicaped and ignorant önes in ,from nigeria and other part of the world troop into those places for pilgrim every year wasting bilions of naira that would have been used for the betterment of the country .

Those places considered holyland are centres for war, crisis,cruel killings and aborminations ,and yet we cant see the reality . Can we still call those places holy land . I think its an Irony!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Iran Attack: U.S Foreign Affairs House Committee Cautions Donald Trump / Donald Trump Issues More Than 140 Pardons And Commutations - SEE LIST / Sudan Military Foils Coup Attempt, Dozens Of Soldiers Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.