Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,032 members, 7,915,985 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:29 PM

Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective (19501 Views)

Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? / My Forecast For Ghana/nigeria Lotto 5/90 Games From 20-23 Jan. 2013 / Prediction: Ghana, Nigeria Will Win World Cup (Prophet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by PetroDolla2: 1:43am On Jan 08, 2014
Profile: Ghana's rocket man grin grin grin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7881708.stm

Awe Kludze never imagined he would command a Nasa spacecraft

On the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin's birth, BBC News asks one of Africa's pioneering scientists, Dr Ave Kludze, of the US space agency Nasa what inspired his stellar career and what he thinks of the standard of science teaching in Africa today.

As a young boy I was always very curious.

My parents didn't like to leave me at home alone, because they knew I would dismantle the radio.

Even at my friends' houses, I would try to take the television apart, to find out how it worked.
I never imagined I would have the opportunity to work for Nasa. Not with my background

Does Africa support science?

But my life changed the first time I went to the airport in Accra. I saw an aeroplane landing and taking off.

I knew then that I wanted to be pilot.

From that day, everything I read was scientific. At school, I read science subjects.

My father wanted me to be a lawyer. But he supported my ambitions. So I was lucky.

But then, when I was 17, I found out that I could not fulfil my dream. I could not become a pilot.

The reason was that my brother, my father and my mother all wore glasses. This implied that, one day, I would wear glasses too. And indeed I do.

I was very disappointed.

Solar power

I decided to channel my energy elsewhere - into engineering.

I studied electrical engineering in the US, at Rutgers University, New Jersey.
The Calipso satellite, developed with Dr Kludze's help, launched in 2006

My intention was to return to Ghana, so I started to focus my mind on using solar energy to power appliances: Solar fridges, solar fans, solar freezers - solar everything.

The sun is for free, so I believe we have to use it in Africa. We have to work with the resources we have.

But instead of working on solar panels in Ghana, I got a job with Nasa, developing and flying spacecraft.

I never imagined I would have the opportunity to work for Nasa. Not with my background.

I remember watching the Challenger incident - when the shuttle disintegrated.

I visited the "American Centre", in Ghana, where I watched the tragedy on the news. Afterwards I wrote to Nasa and they replied to me.

They sent me pictures and documents on some of their spacecraft and I put them on my wall.

I still have these pictures today. AVE'S FLIGHT PATH
1966: Born in Hohoe, Ghana
1978: Attends Adisadel College, Cape Coast
1989: Studies electrical engineering at Rutgers University, USA
1995: Hired by Nasa
2004: Helps develop the Extravehicular Activity Infrared (EVA IR) camera for space-walking astronauts
2006: Becomes technical adviser to Nasa Office of the Inspector General
2006: Launch of the Calipso environmental satellite, for which Dr Kludze was a systems engineer

Now many years later, I have worked at Nasa headquarters, in Washington, as a requirements manager. I help Nasa to take strategic decisions.

President [George] Bush outlined his vision that Nasa would go back to the Moon by 2020, so the agency is working towards that.

I am working on the communication systems the astronauts will use on the Moon, and on Mars.

They will send back pictures live. I have to make sure we don't leave out any requirements. Things have moved on a long way from Apollo.

I have flown several spacecraft - including the Calipso satellite.

But I was not in orbit - I flew them from the ground, using robotic controls at the Nasa control centre.

African mission

People ask me: What has Nasa done for Africans?

But many of them have cell phones - which were developed with Nasa technology.

The cars they drive and the glasses they wear - all of these have benefited from Nasa technology. It trickles down to the ordinary man.

Nasa is not only concerned with space. We develop technologies for aeroplanes.

And our way of developing systems applies to all kinds of engineering projects.

If you had a water project, for agriculture, Nasa technology could make your project more efficient.

I think the younger generation in Ghana today have more opportunities than I did to become scientists.

Dr Kludze has "flown" Calipso from a Nasa control centre

I first saw a computer in the USA. Today, the younger generation have access to the internet - they can get any information they want.

The education I received in Ghana was very sound - it served me remarkably well at Rutgers.

But where African schools have a problem, is that they focus heavily on theory, whereas [universities] focus on the practical - solving real world problems.

If we can bring that practical element into African schools, then we have a lot of brilliant young minds who will benefit.

When I was growing up it was difficult for science drop-outs and those students who were unable to further their education.

There were few avenues for them to become useful members of society using their acquired scientific knowledge. They ended up doing other jobs.

Young Einsteins

But times have changed. In Ghana, I understand they are encouraging pupils to pursue science.

But the question is: After you graduate, do you have the necessary resources to go further?

When I grew up in Ghana, we ploughed the fields using cattle and hoes.

The last time I went home, we were still using them. So where are our engineers?

We need the governments to invest in technology. Then the educational institutes can follow.

When I grew up, my scientific role models were not Africans.

I admired people like Albert Einstein. I was amazed that he could be on our planet and yet he could tell us about different planets.

But today I know many successful African scientists. People like my friend Dr Ohene Frempong, of the Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania (CHOP). He works on sickle cell anaemia.

There are others who have done very well.

What are my remaining ambitions?

Well, I don't plan to go into space. I will leave that to the younger generation.

I will continue contributing to President Bush's vision - to go to the Moon, to Mars, and beyond.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by iconize(m): 1:43am On Jan 08, 2014
PetroDolla2:

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
http://saharareporters.com/report/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame

Philip Emeagwali stirs up diverse emotions in Nigerians, Africans, and black people around the world. His claim of being a father of the Internet, of having invented the Connection Machine, of possessing 41patented inventions, of winning “the Nobel Prize of Computing” and of being a “doctor” and/or “professor” have been conclusively debunked with widely documented evidence.

Fraudulent claims help Emeagwali get on the Nigerian N50 postal stamp

Yet, the figure of Emeagwali as a black scientific, engineering, and information technology genius and pioneer continues to loom large over discussions of black achievement. The legend of Philip Emeagwali’s purported inventions, widely proven to emanate from the perverse deceptive genius of the man himself, endures and proliferates among Nigerian and black groups around the world.

Only recently, the USAfricadialogue googlegroups listserv managed by Professor Toyin Falola of the University of Texas hosted a discussion on Philip Emeagwali’s vast fraud. Participants in the discussion included Nigerian and African intellectuals, scientists, engineers, and IT professionals. Overall, the discussion reinforced and reiterated one of the worst kept secrets in the Nigerian Diaspora, especially in its online community: that none of Emeagwali’s highfalutin claims, on whose strength he has curried and continues to curry favor and recognition from gullible and hero-hungry black people, is true. Yet, just a few days ago, one of Nigeria’s more visible dailies, The Vanguard, included the academic and intellectual fraud in its list of 20 “most influential Nigerians.” Curiously, unlike previous Nigerian publications and profiles on Mr. Emeagwali, the biographical write-up accompanying the nomination does not repeat any of the well-known claims and “achievements” that Emeagwali has aggressively and fraudulently peddled about himself — claims that many of our people regard as truth. Apparently, the journalists at The Vanguard have become exposed to the widely available refutations of those claims and now know that they are false. But that, precisely, is the outrage. If they know that he is not a father of the internet, did not win “the Nobel Prize” of Computing as he claims, has no invention patents, did not invent the connection machine, does not have a single academic publication, and is neither a “doctor” nor a “professor” by any definition of those terms, why did they include him on the list? What makes Mr. Emeagwali “influential,” his ability to deceive Nigerians and line his pockets on the black speechmaking circuit?

Nigerians and black people deserve to know who the real Philip Emeagwali is. This will save them from the embarrassment of continuing to celebrate a fraud while real black scientific achievers and pioneers starve for attention and recognition. To correct Nigeria’s scientific and technological lag there is a need for investments — both financial and motivational — in the sciences, engineering, and IT fields. Nigerian youths need inspiration in the quantitative and scientific disciplines, but they should get it from actual, not pretending, black scientific, computing, and engineering heroes, not from phonies like Mr. Emeagwali.

Patented Inventions Or The Invention Of Patents?

Debunking the many myths of Mr. Emeagwali’s “achievements” is one the easiest things to do on earth if you have a computer with Internet access. Let us start with his claim of possessing 41 (32 by some accounts on some hero-worshipping black websites) patents for various inventions. A simple search at the website of the US Patent and Trade Mark Office (here: http://tarr.uspto.gov/) reveals that Mr. Emeagwali has only one registered patent, for Emeagwali.com, his website. He has no other patent listed against his name. It is the same patent that most owners of independent websites apply for to legally protect their proprietary rights over the website and its contents. We can state conclusively then that Mr. Emeagwali has no patented invention of any kind, contrary to his and his supporters’ claim.

Specifically, Mr. Emeagwali claims to have invented the Connection Machine (CM-2). This false claim is displayed boldly and shamelessly on Emeagwali.com in the section on “inventions” and “discoveries.” Some black websites like this one http://inventors.about.com/od/blackinventors/a/black_historyE.htm credit Emeagwali with inventing the Hyberball Machine Networks (or the supercomputer). Both claims are demonstrably false. The connection Machine, which is capable of conducting simultaneous calculations using 65,000-processors, was conceived by Daniel Hills and built by Thinking Machine Corporation, which Mr. Hills, along with Sheryl Handler, founded in 1982. This information is widely available on the web. The so-called supercomputer is therefore clearly not the child of Mr. Emeagwali by even the most generous stretch of the imagination.

Internet Pioneer?

Mr. Emeagwali claims to have used the CM-2 Machine to carry out billions of calculations by connecting over 65,000 processors (computers) around the world. He claims that this was the rudimentary foundation of the Internet. It is on this ground that he has aggrandized to himself the title of “father of the internet.” But this is a barefaced lie at worst and an egregious exaggeration at best. And it is so absurd in its circular logic that it is hilarious. First, as stated earlier, Emeagwali did not invent the Connection Machine on which his “experiment” relied. Second, Emeagwali used more than 65,000 independent processors "around the world" (meaning on the Internet) to do his calculation. This means that the Internet already existed and that he RELIED ON it for his calculations. Unless the Internet he claims to have fathered is different from the Internet that already existed at the time of his experiment (and which we all know as the existing internet today), he COULD NOT have invented the Internet or fathered it. He could not have been using an internet that, by his claim, did not exist until he invented it. As this website http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/emeagwali.html makes very clear, Emeagwali’s research did not contribute to or help invent any of the known components of what we now know as the internet:

Philip Emeagwali did work in supercomputing in the [late] eighties……. But supercomputing and the Internet are very different areas. And Emeagwali did not contribute to even one of the hundreds of Internet standards, or RFCs (Requests For Comments), that were created in the early decades of the Internet—an open process that anyone could participate in. His supercomputing research was completely unrelated to the Internet.

Emeagwali’s research was thus irrelevant to the evolution of the internet. Emeagwali did his supercomputing experiment in the late 1980s. By then, the “core standards” and protocols for information and data flow on the Internet already existed. And although, improvements have been made to the template since then, Emeagwali did not make any of those improvements and cannot therefore claim credit for them.

Emeagwali's tenuous—and fraudulent—claim to internet fatherhood rests on his assertion that "the Supercomputer is the father of the Internet,” “because both are networks of computers working together.” This, experts agree, is not true, as supercomputing is just one component of the Internet and in fact RELIES ON the rudiments of what we know as the internet to work. So, if anything, the internet concept is the father of supercomputing, not vice versa. But even if we accept Emeagwali’s wrong logic, the fact that he did not invent or pioneer supercomputing means that even on this flawed premise and logic he cannot be considered a father of the internet.

Authentic histories of the internet are accessible all over the web. One can be found here: http://www.isoc.org/internet/history/brief.shtml#SC69. Many people played leading roles in inventing, improving, and constituting the vast technologies, protocols, and ideas that gave birth to and perfected the Internet. It is interesting that none of them is nearly as vocal in claiming that he is a father of the internet as Mr. Emeagwali, who did not contribute to the invention of the internet in any shape or form and in fact relied on the already existing internet to conduct his research. One of the most significant contributors to and pioneers of the internet is Vinton Cerf, who is today a Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google Inc. Other important figures in the development of the Internet include JCR Licklider, Bob Taylor, Paul Baran, Donald Davies, and Lawrence Roberts. If anyone deserves the title of father of the Internet, it is these people. Yet, none of them craves or has appropriated the title. When interviewed about their contribution to the Internet, they often humbly outline their actual contribution, crediting others with other components and shunning the title or insinuation of having fathered the Internet.

The only “history of the internet” source to even recognize Emeagwali as a legitimate computer scientist to be mentioned when chronicling the history of the internet is the book History of the Internet: A Chronology, 1843 to the Present by Christos J. P. Moschovitis, Hilary Poole, Tami Schuyler, Theresa M. Senft. The book was published in 2001. Although Mr. Emeagwali proudly displays the book’s reference to him on his website and claims that the “father of the internet” moniker (which has since been lazily picked up by several media platforms) originated in the book, there is absolutely no such reference in the book. The book’s reference to Emeagwali only states how Emeagwali’s research “effectively stimulate[d] petroleum reserves” by “harnessing the power of parallel computing.” And it is clear from a cursory analysis of the linguistic properties of this specific reference to Emeagwali that Emeagwali himself supplied the material and the claims articulated in it. It is also clear from the reference that it has nothing to do with the internet but is about improving the modeling of oilfields or oil reservoirs. The content and prose are eerily identical to the autobiographical write-ups and claims on Emeagwali.com and on black websites that simply lift and republish Emeagwali’s claims and self-written biography.

The Nobel Prize Of Computing?

Emeagwali’s other claim is that of winning the “Nobel Prize of Computing.” He is, of course, referring to the Gordon Bell Prize, which he won in 1989. Many uninformed observers have since picked up this fraudulent reference, which emanated from Emeagwali.com, and given it wings. The truth is that the Gordon Bell Prize does not come close to the Nobel in status, recognition or prize money and to compare the two prizes is to insult the prestige of the Nobel and grossly exaggerate the Gordon Bell’s importance. The Gordon Bell Prize is, properly speaking, an annual competition that young, driven, engineering upstarts — mostly graduate students — enter. Winners are usually those whose research are innovative and on the cutting edge of new processes in the field. So, on that score, winning the Gordon Bell Prize is a reward for doing research work that is important and solves an application problem at the time that the award is given. But let us put the award in perspective and recognize that it is actually a very minor award in the narrow field of supercomputing and in the larger computing and scientific community. Here is why the Gordon Bell Prize, Emeagwali’s only legitimate achievement, is much less than what he has portrayed it as:

• The cash award for the prize is a mere $1000. Often, the amount of an award is a good guide to its prestige and significance in the field.
• Consider the fact that the most prestigious prize in the field of computing (and yet it cannot even be called the Nobel of Computing without insulting the real Nobel) is the Turing Prize, which carries a cash prize of $100,000.
• The Gordon Bell is awarded in the narrow subfield of supercomputing, thereby further thinning the applicant pool and reducing the intensity of the competition.
• The prize is further subdivided into several categories. Emeagwali won in one of those categories, the price/performance category. The more prestigious overall Peak Performance category was won by the entry submitted by a team from Mobil and TMC.
• It is interesting that apart from Emeagwali no other winner(s) of the Gordon Bell annual prize makes noise about winning it or claims to have won “the Nobel Prize of Computing.” They usually go on to do bigger and better research in the field, the Gordon Bell being just a launch pad for future significant work. The public does not even know the other winners because it is a minor prize even in the field of computing.
• Finally, and most importantly, Philip Emeagwali only won the prize in the price/performance category by default. His calculation of 3.1 Gflops was the second fastest speed. The fastest speed belonged to the Mobil/TMC team’s entry, whose calculation, according to the official record of the IEEE, which administers the prize (IEEE Software, May 1990, p. 101), bested Emeagwali’s speed. The speed of the Mobil/TMC Team’s solution to the seismic data processing problem was almost twice that of Emeagwali’s at almost 6Gflops. Similarly, and of more relevance for our purpose here, the Mobil/TMC team’s entry achieved the best speed/cost ratio (price-performance) at 500 Mflops per $1 Million, beating out Emeagwali’s entry, whose speed/cost ration was less than 400 Mflops per $1 Million. In fact the prize in the price/performance category was actually awarded to the Mobil/TMC initially. However, because the Mobil TMC team won also won in the overall Peak Performance category and the IEEE’s prize rule does not allow more than one prize per entry, the Mobil/TMC team forfeited their prize in the price/performance category, sticking with the prize for overall Peak Performance, a more significant category. As a result, Emeagwali’s entry, the second placed entry with the second highest speed/cost ratio, was automatically bumped to first place.

For all these reasons, it is the height of self-promotion and delusional exaggeration for Mr. Emeagwali to claim that he won the Nobel Prize of Computing or that the Gordon Bell is regarded as the Nobel of Computing. Nobody except Mr. Emeagwali regards the prize as such.

It is noteworthy that both Emeagwali and the Mobile/TMC Team relied on the CM-2 Machine (the Connection Machine) for their calculations, the same machine that Emeagwali falsely claims to have invented!

Racism Or Laziness?

The case of Philip Emeagwali is a cautionary tale on the pitfalls of self-delusion, laziness, and a sense of entitlement. Mr. Emeagwali enrolled in a doctoral program in Civil Engineering at the University of Michigan in 1987. His coursework over, he took the comprehensive examination that qualifies one for candidacy. He failed the exam twice and did not take it a third time. In the meantime, he conducted the research that would later win him the Gordon Bell Prize, a research he began as a class project for one of his graduate courses. In 1991, two years after winning the Gordon Bell by default, he petitioned the Dean of the School of Engineering to be allowed to submit a dissertation (despite not having passed his candidacy exam and therefore not being a doctoral candidate) in a different department — the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. His request was curiously granted in what was clearly a sidestepping of standard procedure. Emeagwali submitted the dissertation, basically a rework of his entry for the Gordon Bell competition, on July 24, 1992. A team of internal and external evaluators examined it and found it unworthy of a doctorate and turned it down.
You've a point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kF3UTxmjuU
Philip emeagwali the 'the bill gate of Africa' - Bill Clinton.

http://www.black-inventor.com/Dr-Philip-Emeagwali.asp

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by PetroDolla2: 1:49am On Jan 08, 2014
iconize:
You've a point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kF3UTxmjuU
Philip emeagwali the 'the bill gate of Africa' - Bill Clinton.

http://www.black-inventor.com/Dr-Philip-Emeagwali.asp

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali
shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarap dog. hahahahahahah you see how I exposed your lies? stvpid mumugerian with an IQ of less than 5. shameless goat. I guess you have rags and cotton wool inside your head,huh? such a bull sh1t country. only God will save a mumu like you from terminal insanity grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by iconize(m): 1:52am On Jan 08, 2014
PetroDolla2:
Profile: Ghana's rocket man grin grin grin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7881708.stm

Awe Kludze never imagined he would command a Nasa spacecraft

On the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin's birth, BBC News asks one of Africa's pioneering scientists, Dr Ave Kludze, of the US space agency Nasa what inspired his stellar career and what he thinks of the standard of science teaching in Africa today.

As a young boy I was always very curious.

My parents didn't like to leave me at home alone, because they knew I would dismantle the radio.

Even at my friends' houses, I would try to take the television apart, to find out how it worked.
I never imagined I would have the opportunity to work for Nasa. Not with my background

Does Africa support science?

But my life changed the first time I went to the airport in Accra. I saw an aeroplane landing and taking off.

I knew then that I wanted to be pilot.

From that day, everything I read was scientific. At school, I read science subjects.

My father wanted me to be a lawyer. But he supported my ambitions. So I was lucky.

But then, when I was 17, I found out that I could not fulfil my dream. I could not become a pilot.

The reason was that my brother, my father and my mother all wore glasses. This implied that, one day, I would wear glasses too. And indeed I do.

I was very disappointed.

Solar power

I decided to channel my energy elsewhere - into engineering.

I studied electrical engineering in the US, at Rutgers University, New Jersey.
The Calipso satellite, developed with Dr Kludze's help, launched in 2006

My intention was to return to Ghana, so I started to focus my mind on using solar energy to power appliances: Solar fridges, solar fans, solar freezers - solar everything.

The sun is for free, so I believe we have to use it in Africa. We have to work with the resources we have.

But instead of working on solar panels in Ghana, I got a job with Nasa, developing and flying spacecraft.

I never imagined I would have the opportunity to work for Nasa. Not with my background.

I remember watching the Challenger incident - when the shuttle disintegrated.

I visited the "American Centre", in Ghana, where I watched the tragedy on the news. Afterwards I wrote to Nasa and they replied to me.

They sent me pictures and documents on some of their spacecraft and I put them on my wall.

I still have these pictures today. AVE'S FLIGHT PATH
1966: Born in Hohoe, Ghana
1978: Attends Adisadel College, Cape Coast
1989: Studies electrical engineering at Rutgers University, USA
1995: Hired by Nasa
2004: Helps develop the Extravehicular Activity Infrared (EVA IR) camera for space-walking astronauts
2006: Becomes technical adviser to Nasa Office of the Inspector General
2006: Launch of the Calipso environmental satellite, for which Dr Kludze was a systems engineer

Now many years later, I have worked at Nasa headquarters, in Washington, as a requirements manager. I help Nasa to take strategic decisions.

President [George] Bush outlined his vision that Nasa would go back to the Moon by 2020, so the agency is working towards that.

I am working on the communication systems the astronauts will use on the Moon, and on Mars.

They will send back pictures live. I have to make sure we don't leave out any requirements. Things have moved on a long way from Apollo.

I have flown several spacecraft - including the Calipso satellite.

But I was not in orbit - I flew them from the ground, using robotic controls at the Nasa control centre.

African mission

People ask me: What has Nasa done for Africans?

But many of them have cell phones - which were developed with Nasa technology.

The cars they drive and the glasses they wear - all of these have benefited from Nasa technology. It trickles down to the ordinary man.

Nasa is not only concerned with space. We develop technologies for aeroplanes.

And our way of developing systems applies to all kinds of engineering projects.

If you had a water project, for agriculture, Nasa technology could make your project more efficient.

I think the younger generation in Ghana today have more opportunities than I did to become scientists.

Dr Kludze has "flown" Calipso from a Nasa control centre

I first saw a computer in the USA. Today, the younger generation have access to the internet - they can get any information they want.

The education I received in Ghana was very sound - it served me remarkably well at Rutgers.

But where African schools have a problem, is that they focus heavily on theory, whereas [universities] focus on the practical - solving real world problems.

If we can bring that practical element into African schools, then we have a lot of brilliant young minds who will benefit.

When I was growing up it was difficult for science drop-outs and those students who were unable to further their education.

There were few avenues for them to become useful members of society using their acquired scientific knowledge. They ended up doing other jobs.

Young Einsteins

But times have changed. In Ghana, I understand they are encouraging pupils to pursue science.

But the question is: After you graduate, do you have the necessary resources to go further?

When I grew up in Ghana, we ploughed the fields using cattle and hoes.

The last time I went home, we were still using them. So where are our engineers?

We need the governments to invest in technology. Then the educational institutes can follow.

When I grew up, my scientific role models were not Africans.

I admired people like Albert Einstein. I was amazed that he could be on our planet and yet he could tell us about different planets.

But today I know many successful African scientists. People like my friend Dr Ohene Frempong, of the Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania (CHOP). He works on sickle cell anaemia.

There are others who have done very well.

What are my remaining ambitions?

Well, I don't plan to go into space. I will leave that to the younger generation.

I will continue contributing to President Bush's vision - to go to the Moon, to Mars, and beyond.
September 27, 2013 is a day   residents of the sleepy rural community of Umuchima, Ubaha, Okigwe Local Government Area of the state will not forget in a hurry. On this fateful day, a very unusual but deafening noise suddenly rented the air, accompanied by a rare spectacle that threw all and sundry into panic as they scampered into safety. The strange sound was later traced to the family home of a visually-impaired pensioner, Mr. Augustine Eke.
What further heightened people’s anxiety was when they also noticed a thick smoke coming from the hapless man’s compound. They had every reason to believe that Boko Haram insurgents had invaded the community. News quickly spread that a rocket had landed in Eke’s compound. They were right but it was not coming from Boko Haram!
Indeed it later turned out that there really was no cause for alarm as the rocket was nothing but a practical expression of the technological talents of an ex-student of Federal Government College, Okigwe, Gideon Chiadikobi Emenike and his friend, Chibuisi Nwafor. The duo fabricated and launched a rocket that travelled over five kilometres into the sky before crash landing.
The exploits of these youthful Nigerians may never have come to light but for the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Katsina. Again, if they had been treated like common criminals, the story may have taken a different shape. Truth is that Katsina moved journalists to Okigwe for on-the-spot assessment of the exploits of the young lads. Giving account of what happened to newsmen, the Commissioner of Police said although the boys who fabricated the device were reckless, preliminary investigations did not raise any serious security concern.

*CP Mohammed Katsina addressing the boys
The CP’S account: “We have identified the launch site and where the rocket crash landed. I know that the young chaps used simple components in activating this element. It is a combination of computer accessories and a highly inflammable substance.
“I will not, for security reasons disclose all the details we have concerning the device. What I want you to understand is that one of the components is something very common, something you and I use on a daily basis- sugar. We know sugar is highly inflammable. It is this sugar and some other components that propelled this device you hear that crash landed in Okigwe.
“Although the young boys can be said to be excessively reckless, preliminary investigations have not shown any criminal motive behind the adventure. I see the development as an excursion into the world of science and technology by some adventurous, skillful and intelligent young boys with incredible creativity. “This endowment propelled them into designing their own style of spacecraft.

*The CP holding aloft the rocket after it crashlanded
When they launched this thing, there was about 30 minutes dream journey into space. The element eventually lost focus and crash-landed here (pointing at the point). We thank God that there was no fatal consequence to either life or property. “The element has been deactivated by our bomb disposal unit. I can tell you that the contraption does not contain any toxic or radioactive material. I like to authoritatively inform you at this juncture that the boys’ conduct was not an act of terrorism. It was a mere adventure by two young boys.
“Let me also say that people should feel free and go about their normal business. We have taken possession of the whole area. Everything has been cleared, cleaned and rendered safe for human habitation. Apart from the initial pandemonium and fear created in the minds of the people in the neighbourhood, everything ended well.
“The boys are just between 16 and 17 years old. They only tried out their learning while in the secondary school. They wanted to know if they can practicalise the theories they learnt in school. The dream of these young boys is to design a spacecraft. It was launched without funfair. “The device went some kilometres into the sky before crash-landing. Let us not forget that the command has some formidable structures on ground. We have since commenced the sweeping of Imo State of all explosive ordinances. I want these boys to be encouraged. May be, who knows tomorrow, at my old age, I may be the lucky one that would fly in the spacecraft made by these young lads.
“So, I would rather not think of punitive measures against the boys. I would rather dwell heavily on protection, rehabilitation and encouragement of these young boys. Those who ran away are free to come back. From this moment, we have ended this case.
Gideon speaks: “My name is Gideon Chiadikobi Emenike and my friend’s name is Chibuisi Nwafor. I studied in Federal Government College, Okigwe and I graduated last year. This project started when I was still in school. I was told to build a project in school for a competition.
“In my SS1, I built a helicopter. In my SS2, I was told to build another project. I built this rocket and we went for a competition in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. I came second in the competition with the project. This was at the national level.
“We also went for another competition organised by the Society for Science and Technology. I also came second. I also went for Olympiad and I equally came second there. I was told that I was going to represent Nigeria in Brazil but later, my principal said that I was no longer going to represent the country.
“I still don’t know why the principal cancelled the trip. This frustrated me somehow but later, I picked up from where I dropped and started again. I now met my friend at a learning centre. I found out that he has for things related to science. We now pooled our brains together. “That was how we planned to build a rocket and a satellite, as well as sending it into space. It was an amateur satellite because you know we have not yet university graduates.
We just graduated from secondary school last year. “We have done this for now. I was really challenged when I heard that other countries were planning to launch satellites into space. It made me to think deep. This is what pushed to do what you are seeing today.  If government can adopt our technology, we can help them to actualize their dream of launching a satellite.
“This particular project was a mere attempt to reach a particular altitude. It was not fashioned to remain in space. This project came through after several experiments. If the Federal Government can sponsor us, we can take Nigeria to any level they want.
The boy’s father speaks
“My name is Friday Mgbemena Emenike. My son is curious about science. He got admission in University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, the last time. I tried to make him to study medicine but he rejected it and preferred to read aeronautic engineering. That was why he refused the admission. That is why he is still at home.
“He got an opportunity to travel to Brazil but the principal of his former school frustrated the move. He is intelligent. I am aware of this incident. When it happened, I didn’t feel too good till I learnt that the thing did not kill anybody and that it did not destroy anything. That increased my joy and I described it as the first victory.
“The question which Vanguard Metro and well meaning people of Imo State are asking is whether the Federal and State governments have taken note of the success recorded by these boys. What they will do with these boys thereafter equally remains a huge guess.

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by iconize(m): 1:53am On Jan 08, 2014
PetroDolla2: shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarap dog. hahahahahahah you see how I exposed your lies? stvpid mumugerian with an IQ of less than 5. shameless goat. I guess you have rags and cotton wool inside your head,huh? such a bull sh1t country. only God will save a mumu like you from terminal insanity grin grin grin
cheesy
PetroDolla2: shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarap dog. hahahahahahah you see how I exposed your lies? stvpid mumugerian with an IQ of less than 5. shameless goat. I guess you have rags and cotton wool inside your head,huh? such a bull sh1t country. only God will save a mumu like you from terminal insanity grin grin grin
He's a the founder of internet
Yes or No?
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by daroz(m): 6:37am On Jan 08, 2014
Mzsolex: Cool! now dat we've found a common ground, can someone please rub me some charcoal? grin *black & proud*
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by LWord: 9:44am On Jan 08, 2014
Jes I information u only:

Gruppe A Gruppe B Gruppe C Gruppe D
Soutafrica Zimbabwe Ghana DR Congo
Mali Uganda Libyia Gabon
Nigeria Burkina Faso Ethopia Burundi
Mozamique Marocco Congo Mauritania

Hwo is the winner or looser?
What u think?

martha: My husband is a ghanian...

I hope for u Ghana is the best.

Ghana and Nigeria are are play in world championship 2014
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by iconize(m): 10:01am On Jan 08, 2014
The frustrated petrodolla couldn't even answer any of my questions.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by iconize(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2014
iconize:
September 27, 2013 is a day   residents of the sleepy rural community of Umuchima, Ubaha, Okigwe Local Government Area of the state will not forget in a hurry. On this fateful day, a very unusual but deafening noise suddenly rented the air, accompanied by a rare spectacle that threw all and sundry into panic as they scampered into safety. The strange sound was later traced to the family home of a visually-impaired pensioner, Mr. Augustine Eke.
What further heightened people’s anxiety was when they also noticed a thick smoke coming from the hapless man’s compound. They had every reason to believe that Boko Haram insurgents had invaded the community. News quickly spread that a rocket had landed in Eke’s compound. They were right but it was not coming from Boko Haram!
Indeed it later turned out that there really was no cause for alarm as the rocket was nothing but a practical expression of the technological talents of an ex-student of Federal Government College, Okigwe, Gideon Chiadikobi Emenike and his friend, Chibuisi Nwafor. The duo fabricated and launched a rocket that travelled over five kilometres into the sky before crash landing.
The exploits of these youthful Nigerians may never have come to light but for the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Katsina. Again, if they had been treated like common criminals, the story may have taken a different shape. Truth is that Katsina moved journalists to Okigwe for on-the-spot assessment of the exploits of the young lads. Giving account of what happened to newsmen, the Commissioner of Police said although the boys who fabricated the device were reckless, preliminary investigations did not raise any serious security concern.

*CP Mohammed Katsina addressing the boys
The CP’S account: “We have identified the launch site and where the rocket crash landed. I know that the young chaps used simple components in activating this element. It is a combination of computer accessories and a highly inflammable substance.
“I will not, for security reasons disclose all the details we have concerning the device. What I want you to understand is that one of the components is something very common, something you and I use on a daily basis- sugar. We know sugar is highly inflammable. It is this sugar and some other components that propelled this device you hear that crash landed in Okigwe.
“Although the young boys can be said to be excessively reckless, preliminary investigations have not shown any criminal motive behind the adventure. I see the development as an excursion into the world of science and technology by some adventurous, skillful and intelligent young boys with incredible creativity. “This endowment propelled them into designing their own style of spacecraft.

*The CP holding aloft the rocket after it crashlanded
When they launched this thing, there was about 30 minutes dream journey into space. The element eventually lost focus and crash-landed here (pointing at the point). We thank God that there was no fatal consequence to either life or property. “The element has been deactivated by our bomb disposal unit. I can tell you that the contraption does not contain any toxic or radioactive material. I like to authoritatively inform you at this juncture that the boys’ conduct was not an act of terrorism. It was a mere adventure by two young boys.
“Let me also say that people should feel free and go about their normal business. We have taken possession of the whole area. Everything has been cleared, cleaned and rendered safe for human habitation. Apart from the initial pandemonium and fear created in the minds of the people in the neighbourhood, everything ended well.
“The boys are just between 16 and 17 years old. They only tried out their learning while in the secondary school. They wanted to know if they can practicalise the theories they learnt in school. The dream of these young boys is to design a spacecraft. It was launched without funfair. “The device went some kilometres into the sky before crash-landing. Let us not forget that the command has some formidable structures on ground. We have since commenced the sweeping of Imo State of all explosive ordinances. I want these boys to be encouraged. May be, who knows tomorrow, at my old age, I may be the lucky one that would fly in the spacecraft made by these young lads.
“So, I would rather not think of punitive measures against the boys. I would rather dwell heavily on protection, rehabilitation and encouragement of these young boys. Those who ran away are free to come back. From this moment, we have ended this case.
Gideon speaks: “My name is Gideon Chiadikobi Emenike and my friend’s name is Chibuisi Nwafor. I studied in Federal Government College, Okigwe and I graduated last year. This project started when I was still in school. I was told to build a project in school for a competition.
“In my SS1, I built a helicopter. In my SS2, I was told to build another project. I built this rocket and we went for a competition in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. I came second in the competition with the project. This was at the national level.
“We also went for another competition organised by the Society for Science and Technology. I also came second. I also went for Olympiad and I equally came second there. I was told that I was going to represent Nigeria in Brazil but later, my principal said that I was no longer going to represent the country.
“I still don’t know why the principal cancelled the trip. This frustrated me somehow but later, I picked up from where I dropped and started again. I now met my friend at a learning centre. I found out that he has for things related to science. We now pooled our brains together. “That was how we planned to build a rocket and a satellite, as well as sending it into space. It was an amateur satellite because you know we have not yet university graduates.
We just graduated from secondary school last year. “We have done this for now. I was really challenged when I heard that other countries were planning to launch satellites into space. It made me to think deep. This is what pushed to do what you are seeing today.  If government can adopt our technology, we can help them to actualize their dream of launching a satellite.
“This particular project was a mere attempt to reach a particular altitude. It was not fashioned to remain in space. This project came through after several experiments. If the Federal Government can sponsor us, we can take Nigeria to any level they want.
The boy’s father speaks
“My name is Friday Mgbemena Emenike. My son is curious about science. He got admission in University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, the last time. I tried to make him to study medicine but he rejected it and preferred to read aeronautic engineering. That was why he refused the admission. That is why he is still at home.
“He got an opportunity to travel to Brazil but the principal of his former school frustrated the move. He is intelligent. I am aware of this incident. When it happened, I didn’t feel too good till I learnt that the thing did not kill anybody and that it did not destroy anything. That increased my joy and I described it as the first victory.
“The question which Vanguard Metro and well meaning people of Imo State are asking is whether the Federal and State governments have taken note of the success recorded by these boys. What they will do with these boys thereafter equally remains a huge guess.
Teens in Nigeria are busy building rockets whilst teens in gayna like petrodolla are busy surfing the internet to get unsubstantiated claims about Nigeria.
Gaynaians should get busy!
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by timilehin007(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2014
They really need to get busy big time..they are jobless bunches of street punks..sincerely it still keeps me wondering why on earth they spend most of their useful time on sometin useless that is not suppose to be their cup of tea doing findings about Nigeria, sincerely it is so so absurd..nobody doesn't kn how to use google here if we choose to start googling the negative parts of gaynian dey wouldn't stay here but seriously we are way too p!mp for that truth..no time for such butcher gibberish nd dat muafucking acts wink gaynians are mofos, we porche mehnnnn..

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by PetroDolla2: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2014
iconize:
Teens in Nigeria are busy building rockets whilst teens in gayna like petrodolla are busy surfing the internet to get unsubstantiated claims about Nigeria.
Gaynaians should get busy!
aponkye! grin kids in Ghana are busy acquiring skills in robotics, their mumudom counterparts are busy kidnapping, robbing, yahoo yahooing, boko harams,pr0stitutes, oil bunkerers, pirates, terrorists grin grin grin grin such a deluded lunatic!
their university students are armed robbers,cultists and pr0stitutes grin

400 Ghanaian students compete in building robots for 'NASA' grin

http://www.globalnewsreel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:400-ghanaian-students-compete-in-building-robots-for-nasa&catid=28:technology&Itemid=12

Some four hundred students from more than 40 Senior High Schools in Ghana are currently competing in the building of robots with expert instructions by a NASA Senior Robotics Engineer, Dr. Ashitey Trebi-Ollennu.

A statement issued and released by the Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy in Accra said the students would participate in kick-off workshops, introducing them to robotics kits, guidebooks and additional training suggestions.

The competition, which started Monday, October 3, 2011 at the Tamale Senior High School (Tamasco) in the Northern Region, is dubbed, the Robotics Inspired Science Education (RISE) initiative.

It is aimed at inspiring the Ghanaian youth to pursue science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.

The initiative is also aimed at covering other robotics science clubs from senior high schools in Accra, and Takoradi in the Western Region.

With robotic building kits from the LEGO education, the competition would end on October 11, this year, in Takoradi.

Robotics is the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, structural disposition, manufacture and application of robots.

Robotics is related to the sciences of electronics, engineering, mechanics, and software. The initiative, according to the statement, is through a collaborative multi-partner effort including the United States and Danish governments.

RISE seeks to transform the learning experience of young Ghanaians by connecting science theory with hands-on learning experience.

“Not only will teachers and students strategize, design, build, program and test an autonomous robot to solve defined real world problems, but students will develop leadership skills, self-confidence, presentation and communication skills and stewardship through the experience of Robotics competitions,” the statement disclosed.

In his support for the effort, Ambassador Teitelbaum noted, “In an era when Ghana’s economy is expanding rapidly, Ghanaian students will be well-served to engage in science, technology, engineering and math activities such as those offered by robotics.”

“Nearly every sector in Ghana’s economy could benefit from expertise acquired from application and development of robotics – from medicine to agriculture, textiles to oil production and mining.”

The Danish Ambassador to Ghana, Carsten Nilaus Petersen also saw the initiative as an important element for the development of the high-tech industrial sector in the country and a significant input to the advancement of Ghana’s research capabilities.

All of the partners on this project would also seek to organize future workshops and robotics science competitions, and to expand the project to other high schools, junior high schools and colleges.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by otumfour(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Two Ghanaian's, killing countless nigerians monkeys on this thread.

@ Petro & GHkwame, Ayekoo!!!!!!

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by timilehin007(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
otumfour: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

My friend shut ur trap...they are killing themselves...dey are only typing trashes nd gibberish how has dat so far cux death on anyone...pls be realistic nd literal.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by iconize(m): 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
PetroDolla2: aponkye! grin kids in Ghana are busy acquiring skills in robotics, their mumudom counterparts are busy kidnapping, robbing, yahoo yahooing, boko harams,pr0stitutes, oil bunkerers, pirates, terrorists grin grin grin grin such a deluded lunatic!
their university students are armed robbers,cultists and pr0stitutes grin

400 Ghanaian students compete in building robots for 'NASA' grin

http://www.globalnewsreel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:400-ghanaian-students-compete-in-building-robots-for-nasa&catid=28:technology&Itemid=12

Some four hundred students from more than 40 Senior High Schools in Ghana are currently competing in the building of robots with expert instructions by a NASA Senior Robotics Engineer, Dr. Ashitey Trebi-Ollennu.

A statement issued and released by the Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy in Accra said the students would participate in kick-off workshops, introducing them to robotics kits, guidebooks and additional training suggestions.

The competition, which started Monday, October 3, 2011 at the Tamale Senior High School (Tamasco) in the Northern Region, is dubbed, the Robotics Inspired Science Education (RISE) initiative.

It is aimed at inspiring the Ghanaian youth to pursue science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.

The initiative is also aimed at covering other robotics science clubs from senior high schools in Accra, and Takoradi in the Western Region.

With robotic building kits from the LEGO education, the competition would end on October 11, this year, in Takoradi.

Robotics is the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, structural disposition, manufacture and application of robots.

Robotics is related to the sciences of electronics, engineering, mechanics, and software. The initiative, according to the statement, is through a collaborative multi-partner effort including the United States and Danish governments.

RISE seeks to transform the learning experience of young Ghanaians by connecting science theory with hands-on learning experience.

“Not only will teachers and students strategize, design, build, program and test an autonomous robot to solve defined real world problems, but students will develop leadership skills, self-confidence, presentation and communication skills and stewardship through the experience of Robotics competitions,” the statement disclosed.

In his support for the effort, Ambassador Teitelbaum noted, “In an era when Ghana’s economy is expanding rapidly, Ghanaian students will be well-served to engage in science, technology, engineering and math activities such as those offered by robotics.”

“Nearly every sector in Ghana’s economy could benefit from expertise acquired from application and development of robotics – from medicine to agriculture, textiles to oil production and mining.”

The Danish Ambassador to Ghana, Carsten Nilaus Petersen also saw the initiative as an important element for the development of the high-tech industrial sector in the country and a significant input to the advancement of Ghana’s research capabilities.

All of the partners on this project would also seek to organize future workshops and robotics science competitions, and to expand the project to other high schools, junior high schools and colleges.

You keep making noise like a disgruntled tout.
Read the post above about two high school graduates who built a rocket launcher.

Ngozi okonjo iweala has worked at the World Bank, including several years as one of its Managing Directors (October 2007–July 2011).
In 2007, Okonjo-Iweala was considered as a possible replacement for former World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz.[1][2] Subsequently, in 2012, she became one of three candidates in the race to replace World Bank President Robert Zoellick at the end of his term of office in June 2012.
Who has achieved that feat in gayna?
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by iconize(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
otumfour: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
You're a hapless nomad! Killing countless Nigerians in which profession? Can gayna as a country ever achieve what Nigeria has achieved?
Aliko Dangote owns the Obajana cement plant which is the largest cement manufacturing factory in Africa.
Show me or tell me who has achieved that feat in gayna and Africa at large.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by timilehin007(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nigeria telecommunication company (globacom) sponsors this black charcoal ingrate gaynians league oo...either good or bad we surpasses u pokehoes...richest men in the Africa no gaynian in first 50 the last time I checked... Dangote (1) Mike adenuga (5), Folorunsho Alakija (14) thophilus danjuma (29) Oba otudeko (39) hakeem bello-osagie (34) sani Bello (35) Tunde Folawiyo(49) Femi otedola (50). See even my biggest brother, a coren civil engineer is richer than the richest man in accra...I can bet my life. Id|ots
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by LWord: 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
L~Word:
Sory that I spamming hiere. It was so fast... Only I press Quote and banned.

I like all Sisters and Brothers and wish u much fun to write.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by fyomer: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
RIGARMOTIS
you bastard product of a made in ghana leaking condom.

the akpeteshi that diluted your fathers spe.rm when he mounted your mother and forcefully penetrated her fetid cuuunt must be flowing through your veins and affecting your sense of reasoning.

the so called failed system produced soyinka, achebe and even adichie.....what has ghana produced apart from kwames and idio.ts luike you.

naija has fela...the most sampled african artist ever....asa and others that rub shoulders internationally.

our economy is better than yours. what do you want.

your father should have used a better condom...or was it your moms hairy p.oosie that tore that condom?

why didnt the man self-service you into a pit latrine in downtown kumasi?

why did he r.ape a deranged woman who was asleep in an empty shed.

fool...you keep say person...a word you learnt from sagamite here on NL....thats how you ppl ape every naija trend....

be original dude....

i guess thats too hard for an ape to do huh?

RIGARMOTIS NA WA O,O BOY YOU GET STRONG BAD MOUTH O.ANYWAY THEM STEP ON YOUR TOE.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by otumfour(m): 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
timilehin007:

My friend shut ur trap...they are killing themselves...dey are only typing trashes nd gibberish how has dat so far cux death on anyone...pls be realistic nd literal.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

who be ur friend boko monkey? grin see the palm of ur hand, 1 can easily tell u'v bn carrying gallons of petrol for a long time......kayayo prick, that room u took the pic in go smell pass a gathering of 50 goats, ugly book pig.....u shut tha furk up.......see how dark the room dry look, it ain't seen electricity since

murthafurka......boko anago pig, go drink pit latrine water......

they call Ghanaians charcoal.....see how black this animal is......aboa'ba.....come again

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Caseless: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Greenbuoy:
I enjoyed every single word of dis comment, i swear! JAH BLESS U AND YOUR LOVED ONES! (plus me and mine too)..no bullet nor knife nor explosive shall take our lives insha Allah! my name's Lanre and i'm 18, if u are older or perhaps more experienced than i am, show me the right path pls..tell me wht u think a teenager lyk me can be doing at this stage towards a positive future for this nation.
PEACE!
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by otumfour(m): 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
iconize:
Can gayna as a country ever achieve what Nigeria has achieved?

CONSTANT BLACKOUT

CORRUPTION IN THE HIGHEST ORDER

MASS POVERTY

KIDNAPPINGS

ARMED ROBBERY

CONTRACT KILLINGS

CLUELESS PIGS VOTED INTO POWER

1 MAN CHOPS ALL THE MONEY MONKEYS

STINKY PEOPLE

GENERATOR FUMES INHALING PIGS

PIT LATRINE DRINKING TAP WATER HAVING DOGS

PISS POOR HYGENE PIGS

ELECTED JOKER AS PRESIDENT

1 PARTY STATE MURTHAFURKING COUNTRY

TRIBALISTIC PRICKS

HATE FILLED ANIMALS

^^^^^^^^ NIGERIA'S ACHIEVEMENTS, NO, Ghana can never achieve these, God won't even allow it grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo! naija don die grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by timilehin007(m): 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
otumfour:

who be ur friend boko monkey? grin see the palm of ur hand, 1 can easily tell u'v bn carrying gallons of petrol for a long time......kayayo prick, that room u took the pic in go smell pass a gathering of 50 goats, ugly book pig.....u shut tha furk up.......see how dark the room dry look, it ain't seen electricity since

they call Ghanaians charcoal.....see how black this animal is......aboa'ba.....come again

grin grin grin grin grin

Mr man its not funny at all..ur gibberish is way too wack. By the way, is there any reason I shud turn on d light in d afternoon..see I am buoyant enough to feed ur family for 2yrs...f*ck what u read in google..my brother, a coren engineer is richer than the richest man in akara, sorry, ankara, I mean accra ...
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Caseless: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
Greenbuoy:
I enjoyed every single word of dis comment, i swear! JAH BLESS U AND YOUR LOVED ONES! (plus me and mine too)..no bullet nor knife nor explosive shall take our lives insha Allah! my name's Lanre and i'm 18, if u are older or perhaps more experienced than i am, show me the right path pls..tell me wht u think a teenager lyk me can be doing at this stage towards a positive future for this nation.
PEACE!
lanre! I'm bala by name. Of course, i'm older than u, but age is a number . What is important is understanding and maturity...age dosnt really count.
If u want to make this nation great, u must do d following at ur age:
(1)knw her history
(2)see nigeria as part of ur religion and always thank God for makin u a nigerian;see being a nigerian as a favor.
(3)dont listen to views of secessionists or seperatists cos they believe hope lies in disintegration of nigeria. If so, i guess paskistan, bangladesh, all off-shoot of india, south sudan, etc are not better off after they broke out.
(4) be strong , upright, steadfast and b focused.
I think we hav sumtin in common..i de feel u.
Peace
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by otumfour(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
timilehin007:

Mr man its not funny at all..ur gibberish is way too wack. By the way, is there any reason I shud turn on d light in d afternoon..see I am buoyant enough to feed ur family for 2yrs...f*ck what u read in google..my brother, a coren engineer is richer than the richest man in akara, sorry, ankara, I mean accra ...

the only thing ur buoyant over is the color of charcoal, kwasia, ur skin tells it all, u dey suffer.....the quality of ur picture says it all.....animal kingdom member, tlkn about feeding people.

grin grin grin grin grin grin internet sef, grin grin grin even obasanjo can brag about being the most handsome man on earth via the internet

wit all ur money (not)....is this the best pic u could come up wit? Arrow of ibadan grin grin grin

nigerians and their empty bragging attitude grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by otumfour(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Till u fools, look deep within, u'll keep hoping for God to save that nation.

U know ur problems yet, una no go shut tha furk up and work on it, ur nations problems no be the doing of the leaders but its people.

Ur leaders steal una in broad day light and u find several animals on here bragging about them.

Which way naija?

All una know is complaining about other countries putting their house in order.

I will never respect such nigerians......

bytcharzz monkeys grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ghana can vanish from the picture now and y'all monkeys would turn against each other again..... grin grin, that country wasn't supposed to be merged.

nkwasiafour grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
otumfour:

the only thing ur buoyant over is the color of charcoal, kwasia, ur skin tells it all, u dey suffer.....the quality of ur picture says it all.....animal kingdom member, tlkn about feeding people.

grin grin grin grin grin grin internet sef, grin grin grin even obasanjo can brag about being the most handsome man on earth via the internet

wit all ur money (not)....is this the best pic u could come up wit? Arrow of ibadan grin grin grin

nigerians and their empty bragging attitude grin grin grin grin grin

Joblessness
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by otumfour(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Vessi:
Joblessness

Animal, nigerian pig, boko dog, ur fada and moda dey jobless, kwasia like u, it hurts huh'

u prick, ur animal brothers that have bn posting on this thread since page 1 no be jobless abi undecided

tryna act all cool, anago boko grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin keep smoking 'em generator fumes bytch grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by timilehin007(m): 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
otumfour:

grin grin grin grin grin

U say nigerians brag right, ok is it a mistake that .richest men in Africa no gaynian in
first 50. ... Dangote (1) Mike
adenuga (5), Folorunsho Alakija (14) thophilus
danjuma (29) Oba otudeko (39) hakeem bello-
osagie (34) sani Bello (35) Tunde Folawiyo(49)
Femi otedola (50).

Or was the list done by a nigerian..? Check out for forbes they are the most reliable in stuffs like this..see that men in number 29,34 nd 50 alone would feed the whole of gaynian for 15yrs...only dangote would feed all gaynian till His kingdom come
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by GHKWAME1: 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
timilehin007:

U say nigerians brag right, ok is it a mistake that .richest men in Africa no gaynian in
Femi otedola (50).
Ð

Now I know nigerians are truly phucked. they are not known as foooools for nothing you are 'celebrating' mumugerian
billionaires?
even when its clear your thiefing generals are using them as middlemen? hahahaha you are the most stvpid animal ever created, say yes!

Dangote just sacked all the graduates he employed as drivers https://www.nairaland.com/1583129/dangote-sacks-almost-all-graduate#20717975

You better tell me thank you for telling you the truth, bleached ape. So after drilling one million barrels of oil a day for decades now in your sh1thole, your people, why do you think the life expectancy in nigeria is 52 years»»» http://www.spyghana.com/life-expectancy-in-nigeria-is-dangerously-low/ and that of Ghana is 65 years.»»» http://www.who.int/countries/gha/en/

Re: Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers

arab-bunkum:

When asked how many graduate drivers were converted to Fleet Officers, he replied that they were about six. He further revealed that the scheme was actually a ploy used by the company to take a loan from a foreign agency and to boost its image both at
home and abroad, and that's why the company is doing away with the graduate drivers now that the deed has been done.

stanbiggi:

Nigeria a country employers can do what they want and go free. He should try it in ghana or even zimbabwe and see what will become of dangote cement in a split seconds. I sometimes wonder if this country can be repaired
again! Those days I used to work with a firm in lagos which rectifies crude ethanol. Then they decided to build a
refinery in Ghana. Guess what? The ministry of employment and environmental control c.e up wt there condition. Firstly expatriates are not allowed to do the job ghanians can do, also, 99% of the staff should be ghanians and if there be training the company should embark on training of the personnel now and all harzardious allowance should be paid according to the stipulated policies. Tell me what the company ran back to niaja where there seems to be no law.
timilehin007:

Or was the list done by a nigerian..?
Check out for forbes they are the most
reliable in stuffs like this..see that men
in number 29,34 nd 50 alone would feed
the whole of gaynian for 15yrs...only
dangote would feed all gaynian till His
kingdom come

Forbes:
Forbes Africa
Africa's top ten cities to live in.
1. Cape Town, South Africa
2. Accra, Ghana
3. Nairobi, Kenya
4. Johannesburg, South Africa
5. Gaborone, Botswana
Tell us which other cities you think made
it on the list?
Read all about this in the first issue of
Forbes Africa Life.
Nigeria, worst place to be born in 2013 http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/eiu-rates-nigeria-worst-country-to-be-born-in/131476/

2 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by PetroDolla2: 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
timilehin007:

Femi otedola (50).

Or was the list done by a nigerian..? Check out for forbes they are the most reliable in stuffs like this..see that men in number 29,34 nd 50 alone would feed the whole of gaynian for 15yrs...only dangote would feed all gaynian till His kingdom come
hahahahaha walahi una no get sense at all at all. richest men in africa are nigerians? so what has that done for your sh1thole? hahahaha funny country funny people grin .000005% of nigerians are billionaires and the remaining 99.99% are desperately poor, surviving on less than $2 a day! grin
hahahaha you have billionaires ands yet people are killing themselves because of poverty and hunger? https://www.nairaland.com/1575652/economic-hardship-fedrick-onuigbo-set sh1tnigeria has billionaires and yet your people eat from the dustbin? http://ugowrite..com/2011/04/nigeria-meal-from-dustbin-in-lagos.html wonderful! they even have an association for kidnappers https://www.nairaland.com/1113441/kidnappers-float-association-banner-nsukka you have billionaires and yet 120 million mumus don't have electricity? https://www.nairaland.com/1314971/120m-nigerians-without-electricity-fg grin upon al your billions, your sh1thole remains one of the poorest in Africa grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index life expectancy is a miserable 52 grin

Ghana exported 200,000 metric tonnes of maize http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/artikel.php?ID=283309&comment=0#comgrin how many tonnes did your sh1thole export? zero grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Liverpool Players, Staff And Fans Sing You'll Never Walk Alone After UCL Win / Germany Vs Algeria: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2014 / Chelsea Supporters And Management At Loggerhead Over Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.