Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,324 members, 7,888,026 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:46 PM

Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective (19432 Views)

Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? / My Forecast For Ghana/nigeria Lotto 5/90 Games From 20-23 Jan. 2013 / Prediction: Ghana, Nigeria Will Win World Cup (Prophet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
olaposer: I am a nigerian olayinka olayemi olugbenga frm abk ogun state, I came into ghana about a month ago and I don't know a single soul here and ever since I get here ghanian have been so wonderful to me, they sre so kind and friendly and always try to make me feel @ home by helping to do what I can't do alone infact they go as far as giving me food and send there wards to fetch me water and also try to teach me their language (twi) they are gud ain terms of hospitality I am really enjoying it here, pls let us be of gud help to any vistor we find around us cos we never caan say where we could end up staying in our lifes,thank u all God bless Nigeria and God bless ghana too cos iam now Nighana man lol
awoof DE run Belle
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
GH^KWAME:
Choi! How about googling crime capital of Africa, or fraud capital of Africa?
title goes to SA
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Obrafour(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
scipher: doesnt mean I'll forgive obrafour sad
What do you mean?
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by decasey(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
scipher: doesnt mean I'll forgive obrafour sad
hahahahahahahaha.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Theben(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
I'll continue to hate Ghana until the day petrodolla makes statements like 'i love Nigeria', 'Nigeria is great' etc.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Darmielojuh(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
when i was watchng nig vs bfa on ghanatv i cn rememba a fmale sport analyst was sayin nigeria cnt win d match wit hatred nd sternness.she even made jest of victor moses sayin a pro shudnt play d way he playd.I muted my tv set cuz it is very disgusting to hear such filthy nd unworthy words.ghanians are stil cool though.WE ARE AFRIKANS!

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by timilehin007(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
Where is petrodollar and kwame...? They need to see this write up..they are the grand masters wen it comes to beefing nigeria nd nigerians...

One love. Sincerely essien shocked me too when he ignored ashley cole nd instead handed mikel d captain band...just so you know that my girl friend, the best I ever had before she returned to ghana was Adusa Adjoa

Still I have a feeling this thread will still lead to another e-war. I dnt see us getting along. It is in their head not on their fingers, forget what ever they type now...patiently waiting ** lipsrsealed
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2014

SHOCKING!!!!! FIFA Belittles Cristiano Ronaldo’s 2013 Achievements

https://www.nairaland.com/1583216/shocking-fifa-belittles-cristiano-ronaldo#20720193
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by koreat(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
Light My Cigar and BON My Face.. sad sad sad
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by timilehin007(m): 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
koreat: Light My Cigar and BON My Face.. sad sad sad
you and who dey fight nah bros...u need to BON face?
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by andyanders: 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Shadams: When Ghana’s Michael Essien was substituted yesterday, January 05, 2014, during the third rounds of an English FA Cup match between Derby and Chelsea, it was to Nigeria’s Mikel Obi he handed over the captain’s band.

The Special one later said he had expected the Ghanaian to pass on the leadership mantle to left-back, Ashly Cole, but Essien probably had other things in his mind. Essien’s action gestures towards another instance of the comradely possibilities which can exist between Nigeria and Ghana, despite growing subtle political and economic rivalry. Besides African literature that evince the criticality of sharedness and brotherly solidarity between the two West African countries, the match showed again that individuals and nations can be friends despite differences.

Football fans recall the 2009 Champions league semi-final against Barca, in which Essien, having scored a long-range goal, evaded all his team mates on the pitch and ran to the Chelsea bench to hug Mikel, who had predicted before match start that Essien would score a goal. Such solidarity, on and off the pitch, has been consistent with many black players in the EPL. The Ghana-must-go saga of the 80s may still be fresh among a generation of our West African neighbours, yet this cannot be a justification of continued hostility towards Nigerians in Kumasi or Accra; neither should we continue to condone the many insalubrious tensions between some Nigerians and naive Ghanaians on many internet forums.

Calling ourselves names and not facing the unnecessary possibility of enmity between us is not good enough. There are many Nigerians in Ghana, and they have found a home there. Some even report experiencing more love from Ghanaians than from their Nigerian legion there. Similarly, there are in Nigeria citizens from Ghana whom some of us love, and are proud to call friends. This should continue. The emergence of Ghana as an economic powerhouse in West Africa should be a pride to Nigeria, and other countries in the region.

As it stands now, Mourinho prefers Mikel to Essien in the Chelsea first eleven, and even when many coaches have come and gone in the team, Mikel, unlike Essien, has commanded a consistent presence in the starting eleven. This has not soiled their friendship. Africans have more reasons to be united than to be envious of one another. The Nigeria-Kenya internet squabble of last year was not needful. If the colonial project sowed seeds of discord many years ago, we cannot continue to water them with the acidic liquids of rivalry.

South Sudan and Central African Republic may be far from us, but we have brothers and sisters there who are currently being ravished by ruthless sympathies of the gun. It is time to say a prayer, and remember friendship. And dialogue!

OP God bless you. In fact, what Esein displayed shows the kind of love we should build for a better tomorrow between Ghana and Nigeria, Let us show love and let our Ghanian brothers show love. If stars like Esien and Mikel act as brothers, why can't the younger generation of both countries come together to eat from one plate? I pray that God unites us so that we Africans come under one umbrella.
Despite Ghadafi's character, I still believe that sometime good could be picked from his words even from a madman and as such Ghadafi wanted a United Africa that no imperialist could conqure. Let us nite.

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Only the illiterates are the ones spewing the hate speeches. If yu go to any GH state or a place where there are many Ghanaians, they are quite different and are very homely and welcoming. Their girls are pretty nice as well and friendly

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Alexgeneration(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
martha: My husband is a ghanian...
. U bin no think before u make that kind mistake?

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by 360command: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Allta:

I worked on a trading floor at a renowned investment bank. We have a wall of shame and Nigeria is no. 1 on the list. Means a red flag whenever you come across anything Nigerian in any potential trade opportunity
Guy, you really do not understand me when you quoted me. I understand what you have written, I am not saying we are angels. In Idiom, ' its better the devil you know than the devil you don't know'. As a user said to you, you need to ask the ivorians and togolese who the Ghanians are. I do agree with him

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by striker9(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Theben: I'll continue to hate Ghana until the day petrodolla makes statements like 'i love Nigeria', 'Nigeria is great' etc.
That guy is a sadist.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by slimthugchimee(m): 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
I hate ghana i hate naija i hate africa i hate planet earth i hate our galaxy i need a nuclear bomb to destroy this earth anyway we will invade soon i luv planet XENOVIA
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by kennosklint(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ghanians 4 ma area too dey drink choii!..notin spoil sha.one love.!
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by ololo12: 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
And so fucken what
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by 360command: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
slimthugchimee: I hate ghana i hate naija i hate africa i hate planet earth i hate our galaxy i need a nuclear bomb to destroy this earth anyway we will invade soon i luv planet XENOVIA
e b like say boi boi oti ya were ni!
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by ghananotnaija(m): 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
As an Ghanaian, I think part of why Ghanaians have such a visceral disgust towards everything Nigerian is that the two countries are really similar, and that Nigeria is a living reminder to Ghanaians of what could go wrong in our own country of Ghana when society and morals fall apart.

Ghana and Nigeria are the only two significant English-speaking countries in West Africa (Sorry Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Gambia, you guys are really not important enough).

To Nigerians who don't seem to understand our superiority complex over you, here's a breakdown:
Nigeria has much more people and much more resources than Ghana, yet Ghana is a more pleasant place to live, has a better functioning government, and a more pleasant population (possibly more educated as well).

No hate, just telling it like it is.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by ghananotnaija(m): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
KingMEXX: Only the illiterates are the ones spewing the hate speeches. If yu go to any GH state or a place where there are many Ghanaians, they are quite different and are very homely and welcoming. Their girls are pretty nice as well and friendly

Hands off our women. I'm warning you for the last time.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Jiggaman101: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: yes, Ghanaians are Tom, Nigerians are Jerry- Jerry always gets the best of Tom..

I think Ghana is jerry, you know Ghana is small and looks innocent but mess with us and you we will show we speak softly but carry a big stick.

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by labenbe(m): 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
what a nice gesture from essien to mikel.....God bless NIgeria God bless Ghana......God bless AFrica
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Tonylyte(m): 12:12am On Jan 07, 2014
experimentist: Oya, Ghana-Naija let's go! Azonto mode/skelewu... Charlie, go down low! If I vexxx now I go move enter Ghana anytime without even shishi for my hand and I go chop, drink and even polash without paying a dime... I got a whole family in Ghana as well as Naija....same can't be said about Southie, those ones dem be....lipsrsealed
southies are far beta than ghanaians. They dnt hide their hatred lyk ghanaians do...
TOPIC: INSTEAD OF AH GO SEE GHANAIANS AS MY BROTHERPS. I RATHER GO SLEEP NEAR CROCODILE.

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by striker9(m): 12:15am On Jan 07, 2014
Tonylyte:
southies are far beta than ghanaians. They dnt hide their hatred lyk ghanaians do...
TOPIC: INSTEAD OF AH GO SEE GHANAIANS AS MY BROTHERPS. I RATHER GO SLEEP NEAR CROCODILE.
Oya carry your mat go sleep beside crocodile.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Caseless: 12:29am On Jan 07, 2014
This write-up cannot make me change my mind about Ghana and south africa; i hate them!
Wait until i'm d president, all diplomatic ties will be 'hiatused' btw nigeria and d haters of nigeria/nigerians.
Once again, i hate ghana and south africa!

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by bitex2(m): 12:35am On Jan 07, 2014
ghananotnaija:

Hands off our women. I'm warning you for the last time.
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Tonylyte(m): 12:36am On Jan 07, 2014
ghananotnaija: As an Ghanaian, I think part of why Ghanaians have such a visceral disgust towards everything Nigerian is that the two countries are really similar, and that Nigeria is a living reminder to Ghanaians of what could go wrong in our own country of Ghana when society and morals fall apart.

Ghana and Nigeria are the only two significant English-speaking countries in West Africa (Sorry Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Gambia, you guys are really not important enough).

To Nigerians who don't seem to understand our superiority complex over you, here's a breakdown:
Nigeria has much more people and much more resources than Ghana, yet Ghana is a more pleasant place to live, has a better functioning government, and a more pleasant population (possibly more educated as well).

shut up jøor! Ghana is in the league of liberia, gambia and sierra leone. Did u do proportionality in school? The population of ghana is just 24million...u are 2nd highest exporters of cocoa in africa and 2nd highest exporters of gold aswell. U have crude-oil, and some other resources...with all this, u shul be the number 1 in africa-economically. I.e if truely u've got true political system. the fact is that, your govt have eaten you blind that u dnt knw...yea, in naija they is serious curruptions, we dnt hide it, buh you guys are so hypocritic that u claim everytin is wel, whereas if we wanna go by statistics, u shuld be miles away 4m ya present position..oga naija is 200million, proportionally, u got more resources than us.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by bitex2(m): 12:37am On Jan 07, 2014
caseless: This write-up cannot make me change my mind about Ghana and south africa; i hate them!
Wait until i'm d president, all diplomatic ties will be 'hiatused' btw nigeria and d haters of nigeria/nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Tonylyte(m): 12:41am On Jan 07, 2014
striker9: Oya carry your mat go sleep beside crocodile.
lol, na metaphor joor!
Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Caseless: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2014
ghananotnaija: As an Ghanaian, I think part of why Ghanaians have such a visceral disgust towards everything Nigerian is that the two countries are really similar, and that Nigeria is a living reminder to Ghanaians of what could go wrong in our own country of Ghana when society and morals fall apart.

sharap, donkunu!
If we put d population of kaduna and kano 2geda, that shld outnumber d population of ghana; go to those states and see how crime rate is low. Most countries with huge population ar not without d problems u have mentioned, so we ar not an exception. With ur number, i think u shld enjoy more peace than we do here. Nigeria serve as a model to ghana cos u hav to recycle wat we've done in d past and u ghanaians are behind us , and stil learning frm us.
Dont undermine nigeria's knwledge and undrstanding of african continent; we can sponsor mercenaries frm burkina faso, destablize ur country and deny u d relative peace u people are enjoying right now.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective by Krasid(m): 12:55am On Jan 07, 2014
caseless: This write-up cannot make me change my mind about Ghana and south africa; i hate them!
That's why you will not be the president of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tanko Nuru Dies In His Hotel Room / Football Buffs To Nigerians : Don’t Lose Hope In Super Eagles / Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.