Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,301 members, 7,928,957 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:26 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27540 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Aug 26, 2008
rachie:

This happens all over the world.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1827557.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4349953.stm

No one said it DOES NOT HAPPEN around the world. Here is a clue, THINK FREQUENCY, do you get it nOW?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 3:03am On Aug 26, 2008
@kobojunkie
Bros seriously Freque wetin, don,t you watch your six o'clock new in ohio,
at least no dey dey pass wey killy killy shot shoot car jacking, home invasion name them.
the only difference i see is that their media covers both pros and cons well well,
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

@kobojunkie
Bros seriously Freque wetin, don,t you watch your six o'clock new in ohio,
at least no dey dey pass wey killy killy shot shoot car jacking, home invasion name them.
the only difference i see is that their media covers both pros and cons well well,

Again,  clue,  THINK Frequency. Telling me what is on the news does not change what that implies. Do you realize that? 

ABC example for those who do not understand what it means to think FREQUENCY. The chances of being caught in a hurricane is HIGHER should I move down south( hurricane zone) compared to the chances of the same happening to me up north. Hence, if I move down south, I should make preparations where I would not bother much about this up north. Get it now? Or should I live in denial, pretending that because hurricanes are also announced in the North in Ohio, that is enough reason for me not to bother weather proofing my house in Florida?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by bawomolo(m): 3:12am On Aug 26, 2008
u also forgot people are scared of reporting crimes in nigeria compared to the US. u obviously can't compare 911 to the rapid response squad of lagos
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 3:25am On Aug 26, 2008
@kobojunkie
bros u said it all "precaution", as a foreign based guyman u understand say na who
know man dey kill man.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 3:32am On Aug 26, 2008
@bawo
True true i no dispute that, but for god so love da world he said thou
shall shine your eyes, even where you no see wahala.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

@kobojunkie
bros u said it all "precaution", as a foreign based guyman u understand say na who
know man dey kill man.

HUH?? I did not say anything about precaution. I said it is about being REALISTIC. I am not a guyman but I do appreciate it when people are HONEST with themselves rather than continue to FISH for EXCUSES and reasons not to be HONEST with self. What do you mean who know man dey kill man? Are you saying that if you do not know a lot of people, that decreases your chances of being killed or something?

From my example. hurricanes happen in the north does not give the man living in the south excuse to go without weather proofing his house in the south. That will just be absurd. So in the case of robbery as mention, think frequency and you will understand how absurd it is for you to tell me of the news at 6pm in ohio when we are speaking of Nigeria here.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 3:39am On Aug 26, 2008
Okay baba kobojunkie,
precaution aspect was the proofing part in your yarn, when you hear of naijas visiting and
they get robbed, arm robber no be witch either your broda, or your gateman go set you up, so who know man dey
kil man.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by nigeria13: 3:40am On Aug 26, 2008
only a political position can make me return home. either i am running for office or appointed to govt.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

Okay baba kobojunkie,
precaution aspect was the proofing part in your yarn, when you hear of naijas visiting and
they get robbed, arm robber no be witch either your brother, or your gateman go set you up, so who know man dey
kil man.

I am not sure that applies to majority of the cases I have heard of. Majority of the cases go unsolved, so I can not state that applies for a fact but I now understand what you mean.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 3:45am On Aug 26, 2008
@ nigeria1@@
okai then kool stay wher u at. . and enjoy your self very well. . cuz everything good comes easy. .  nobody is forcing u  to come grin

@goosebaba
tru it is mostly the people close to u that hurt u
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 3:48am On Aug 26, 2008
Think about it man land naija between 24 to 48 hours he gets robbed, are you telling
me that arm robbers will just carry choose and pick all the time, na set up for the
economical climate wey all man eyes dey shine like theif man touch.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

Think about it man land naija between 24 to 48 hours he gets robbed, are you telling
me that arm robbers will just carry choose and pick all the time, na set up for the
economical climate wey all man eyes dey shine like theif man touch.

Glad you are posting this yourself. How frequently does this happen in Ohio? Now tell me again that you did not understand my post on FREQUENCY being the major problem and not whether it happens or not.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 3:54am On Aug 26, 2008
@marre7
thank you, anytime I land naija na pigin i dey take broke bread for custom,  come waka like craze man
enter parking lot, after that i begin complain sey things too expensive, it work all the time.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 3:56am On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Glad you are posting this yourself. How frequently does this happen in Ohio? Now tell me again that you did not understand my post on FREQUENCY being the major problem and not whether it happens or not.

but do u kno most of the crimes that occur here in US does not land on the news so u can't really tell

I feelz ya tho. . . so what solution can u contribute?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

@marre7
thank you, anytime I land naija na pigin i dey take broke bread for custom,  come waka like craze man
enter parking lot, after that i begin complain sey things too expensive, it work all the time.

Did you have to do all the above or anything similar the last time you were in Ohio( assuming you have been to ohio)?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 3:58am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

@marre7
thank you, anytime I land naija na pigin i dey take broke bread for custom, come waka like craze man

i am tellin u. . . i love doin that. . its thrillin
Kobojunkie:

Did you have to do all the above or anything similar the last time you were in Ohio( assuming you have been to ohio)?

heck yea. . . i do it alot. . i have to be really observant here so i don't get cheated. . . u shud be the first one to know that in america u betta not fall for everything
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Aug 26, 2008
maree7:

but do u kno most of the crimes that occur here in US does not land on the news so u can't really tell

I feelz ya tho. . . so what solution can u contribute?

So because it does not land on the news means the Frequency is  higher? Please, all you have to do is visit your local police station and they will GLADLY give you information on the crimes that were reported/witnessed/ etc for  that day or within any period. You will be surprised to see what made the crime list.

Why do you feel it is your place to "CONTRIBUTE"? That is my first question to you? Is it that we do not know what the solution IS?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 4:00am On Aug 26, 2008
Mr kobojunkie, understand where i'm coming from, some naijas just feel because i land from
yankee arm robbers dey shadow me, well in ohio it's obvious you don't live in the ghetto see the
life of american's cash strapped that they turn on each other, it is the economical climate.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:02am On Aug 26, 2008
maree7:

i am tellin u. . . i love doin that. . its thrillin
heck yea. . . i do it alot. . i have to be really observant here so i don't get cheated. . . u should be the first one to know that in america u betta not fall for everything

Where do you have to be "REALLY OBSERVANT"? What Airport do you do that at? Fall for everything? What everything??
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Queenisha: 4:03am On Aug 26, 2008
will they help with my relocation expenses?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

Mr kobojunkie, understand where i'm coming from, some naijas just feel because i land from
yankee arm robbers dey shadow me, well in ohio it's obvious you don't live in the ghetto see the
life of american's cash strapped that they turn on each other, it is the economical climate.

see,  how do you know I don't live in the Ohio Ghetto? How do you know I have never lived the cash strapped life?

This is not about crime existing or not existing in Ohio, you do realize that? This is still about frequency. You mentioned how right from the airport in Nigeria, you immediately put on a show to ward off potential criminals. Are you that jittery when you land in the airport in Ohio or when you drive through the town itself OR do you just get that way when you get to a particular part of the town, in this case, you mention the "ghetto", which 99% of the time, people rarely drive through?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:06am On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So because it does not land on the news means the Frequency is  higher? Please, all you have to do is visit your local police station and they will GLADLY give you information on the crimes that were reported/witnessed/ etc for  that day or within any period. You will be surprised to see what made the crime list.

Why do you feel it is your place to "CONTRIBUTE"? That is my first question to you? Is it that we do not know what the solution IS?

because u are quick to point out the problems . . .isn't that called complaining. .  yea u can point out problems all day but that doesn't solve anything. .  be ready to at least try and give a solution.  grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Aug 26, 2008
maree7:

because u are quick to point out the problems . . .isn't that called complaining. .  yea u can point out problems all day but that doesn't solve anything. .  be ready to at least try and give a solution.  grin

I am glad you posted that. Since when did POINTING out the problem EQUAL complaining? So when your God points out the Problem with his people in your Bible, is that your God COMPLAINING? Please answer cause I want to know how you arrived at one being equal the other.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that when we see bad, we should complain but I see people trying to demonize others for complaining ( using dictionary meaning here) about the situation in Nigeria, as if it is suddenly evil to state the problem we all see. The same solution has existed from DAY one for these problems so I do not understand why a COMPLAINT needs to be followed with a solution when the situation is not new and the SOLUTION has been same from day one.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:12am On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Where do you have to be "REALLY OBSERVANT"? What Airport do you do that at? Fall for everything? What everything??

dude come on. . . do u know how many foreigner are decieved into something that is not profitting or something that ripps them of their money. . . u don't get any phone calls?. . . even at your work place is it everything u sign up for.

Kobojunkie:

I am glad you posted that. Since when did POINTING out the problem EQUAL complaining? So when your God points out the Problem with his people in your Bible, is that your God COMPLAINING? Please answer cause I want to know how you arrived at one being equal the other.

YEa if u never give a solution. . . puh-lease don't try to get smart with me by using GOD as your example. . . because God gives solutions everytime he points out a problem  kiss
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Aug 26, 2008
maree7:

dude come on. . . do u know how many foreigner are decieved into something that is not profitting or something that ripps them of their money. . . u don't get any phone calls?. . . even at your work place is it everything u sign up for.

Majority of those who call you are calling you legally. I worked as a telemarketer for years myself. No crime offering people options. You decide.

maree7:

YEa if u never give a solution. . . puh-lease don't try to get smart with me by using GOD as your example. . . because God gives solutions everytime he points out a problem  kiss

As long as you agree that your God also COMPLAINS, then we are on the same table. Yeah. Solution is the same that has existed since the beginning with Nigeria. Better government.  SO, now that you know what the solution is, are you now going to fix government? What are you going to do now that you know the solution I propose? Come back tommorow asking me the same question?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 4:22am On Aug 26, 2008
MR kobojunkie do u sleep with your windows locked in Ohio?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:23am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

MR kobojunkie do u sleep with your windows locked in Ohio?

Again, the question is not about IF it happens, but HOW OFTEN it happens ( FREQUENCY).
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by maree7(f): 4:24am On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Majority of those who call you are calling you legally. I worked as a telemarketer for years myself. No crime offering people options. You decide.

As long as you agree that your God also COMPLAINS, then we are on the same table. Yeah. Solution is the same that has existed since the beginning with Nigeria. Better government. SO, now that you know what the solution is, are you now going to fix government?
No in my house Majority are ripp offs . . . cuz if they weren't they won't be harrasing ppl all day. . .

No my God doesn't complain . . . u betta watch yo mouth boii  lipsrsealed. . .

government this government that. . . we are the government it is all in our hands. . . example
government cannot come and sweep your front yard. well maybe u always rely on the government thats why? okai i understand
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by GooseBaba: 4:26am On Aug 26, 2008
compare frequency in ohio and that of newyork, lagos and that of kwara. any my show
at the airport means i don land i keshi no dey drop.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:29am On Aug 26, 2008
maree7:

No in my house Majority are ripp offs . . . because if they weren't they won't be harrasing people all day. . .

Well,  just cause you assume majority are rip offs does not mean they are. I worked as a telemarketer and I can tell you that many of those I called benefitted from what I offered.

maree7:

No my God doesn't complain . . . u betta watch yo mouth boii  lipsrsealed. . .
But you mentioned earlier that he complains and then proposes a solution each time. Why the sudden change?

maree7:

government this government that. . . we are the government it is all in our hands. . . example
government cannot come and sweep your front yard. well maybe u always rely on the government thats why? okai i understand

But we pay government to do the job. If government is not doing the job IT IS BEING PAID to do, what else do you do? Do you hire a maid to mow your lawn and then go out each day to do the job which you pay her to do? Do you pay the city to take your trash to the landfill and then turn around to do it yourself?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 4:31am On Aug 26, 2008
GooseBaba:

compare frequency in ohio and that of newyork, lagos and that of kwara. any my show
at the airport means i don land i keshi no dey drop.

Look, at this point, I am guessing you are trying really hard here to play "PATRIOT" to the last but I am guessing you know what I mean and you know for sure that no matter which way you slice and dice it, the FREQUENCY issue is valid here whether you compare NY To ohio or London to mexico.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Paul Ibe: Lai Mohammed Smoking Weed – Atiku’s Aide Replies / Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes / I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.