Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,300 members, 7,928,954 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:16 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27538 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

@kobojunkie let me tell you sontin. after a certain stage in your life, all that western crapola about security and ish pales in comparison to having warm people that look like you around you especially if you know what it feels like to have lived in a country where you are not judged on color and in which you feel among.

Can you prove that ALL the older Nigerians who live in America today all feel judged by their skin color? Or is this just your minds twist on what will happen to you when you get to that particular age?

If a person living outside of Nigeria desires to go back when he/she is old and decrepit, what makes you think that will not be possible no matter what age?

buzugee:

the warmth and laughter and banter and environment and food and culture and rest of mind of being with LIKE MINDED folks trumps after a certain age. all this ish you are spewing is total crap nd an exscuse for living abroad. not that you have to give any exscuses anyway because it is your life to do as you wish with, but its still an exscuse nonetheless.

Are you sure your mind is not seriously playing games on you? Nigeria is just a flight or two away for most people, seniors included. I mean if a person wants to go back to Nigeria at any time, what stops that person from doing so? NOTICE I AM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION OVER AGAIN?

buzugee:

my folks lived in england for 15 years. they live in naija now. love itttttttttttt. they enjoy themselves. they go to party with their friends they all wear agbada and iro and bubba and eat good and dance and make merry. on weekends all their friends gather and eat suya and drink gulder and they gist and laugh heartily.

Are you saying that all senior folks in Nigeria enjoy the same lifestyle you claim your folks enjoy? What exactly is the point you are trying to make here? Do all the millions of seniors in Nigeria today share the same view and lifestyle? I am not sure the old woman who still has to go to the farm in her 70’s to get firewood to sell so she can at get a meal for the day enjoys her old age the way you claim. Are you sure she is sings the same tune you are singing to us here?

buzugee:

THIS IS HOW YOUR LIFE SHOULD BE AFTER A CERTAIN AGE IF YOU ARE NIGERIAN AND HAVE LIVED IN NIGERIA BEFORE. not no 60 yr old women like the ones in my building (about 30 of em) i live in building full of nigerians, who all look miserable all the time, fear to go out, don't really have friends. just lock themselves in their apt from morning to night jamming shina peters alone. my hallway always smells of fufu cheesy and i am in chicago.

I am in Chicago myself and I was just in church and saw some old women singing and celebrating a friend’s birthday. They looked happy to be here and were showing off their grandkids and all. Do you have a point? Because some old women live in your building and are miserable means all old people in America are miserable? How old are you?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2008
debosky:

@ buzugee

the women you described obviously should not be living abroad, if you fail to integrate into your new society and want to recreate Nigeria everywhere you go, obviously you will be miserable - those kind of people are physically in the US but mentally in naija - a truly pitiable experience. If one seeks to integrate and get the best of the current environment, there is no reason why you cannot have the enjoyment and merriment you so desire from a naija crowd, while benefiting from what your new home has to offer too.

PS - have owambe parties suddenly ceased to exist in Chicago that you can't party and dance Shina again? undecided

Not everybody is living in a crime infested, insecure part of the world like you are dude wink
crime infested ? and you got this from my post how ? there is a reason why many old naijas live where i live and thats cuz of safety abi how many naijas live in ghetto in america ?
and yup you are right about those women and men being physically in yankee but mentally in naija but can you blame them ? integrate ? what exactly does that mean ? hanging around wih akata and oyinbo ? if thats ya idea of integration then i guess i dont integrate either. dont have nothing in common with em and i am to cool to be tryna integrate by force, tryna feel among and stuff. TOTALLY NOT ME. i say hello and i keep it moving unless we have some kinda bidness arrangement . akata and oyinbo will be the first to throw a noose on ya african neck if given half the chance so dont think ya integration is an act of bravery but rather an act of stupidity. grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

crime infested ? and you got this from my post how ? there is a reason why many old naijas live where i live and thats because of safety abi how many naijas live in ghetto in america ?
and yup you are right about those women and men being physically in yankee but mentally in naija but can you blame them ? integrate ? what exactly does that mean ? hanging around wih akata and oyinbo ? if thats ya idea of integration then i guess i don't integrate either. don't have nothing in common with em and i am to cool to be trying to integrate by force, trying to feel among and stuff. TOTALLY NOT ME. i say hello and i keep it moving unless we have some kind of bidness arrangement . akata and oyinbo will be the first to throw a noose on ya african neck if given half the chance so don't think ya integration is an act of bravery but rather an act of stupidity. grin

Why would you choose to continue in a place where you do not feel at home in? Isn’t that you torturing yourself? If you, @Buzugee, have yet to integrate, what are you still doing here? Forget about the old women. If you yourself do not understand what it means to integrate, don’t you think that is sign that you ought to go back or something, to where you find peace and are better able to live comfortably? I mean instead of continuing to think everyone lives miserable outside of Nigeria. I think that is a ridiculous outlook you have there. If you yourself are not cut out for life outside of Nigeria, it is understandable. Go back and gain peace. Sitting out here mouthing off that everyone is as miserable as you are only makes you seem some sort of grumpy miserable person.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Can you prove that ALL the older Nigerians who live in America today all feel judged by their skin color? Or is this just your minds twist on what will happen to you when you get to that particular age?

If a person living outside of Nigeria desires to go back when he/she is old and decrepit, what makes you think that will not be possible no matter what age?

Are you sure your mind is not seriously playing games on you? Nigeria is just a flight or two away for most people, seniors included. I mean if a person wants to go back to Nigeria at any time, what stops that person from doing so? NOTICE I AM ASKING THE SAME QUESTION OVER AGAIN?

Are you saying that all senior folks in Nigeria enjoy the same lifestyle you claim your folks enjoy? What exactly is the point you are trying to make here? Do all the millions of seniors in Nigeria today share the same view and lifestyle? I am not sure the old woman who still has to go to the farm in her 70’s to get firewood to sell so she can at get a meal for the day enjoys her old age the way you claim. Are you sure she is sings the same tune you are singing to us here?

I am in Chicago myself and I was just in church and saw some old women singing and celebrating a friend’s birthday. They looked happy to be here and were showing off their grandkids and all. Do you have a point? Because some old women live in your building and are miserable means all old people in America are miserable? How old are you?

i think the question here is how old are you ? you always try to pose as you have an answer to every dilemma and scenario in this world. dude life is not easily compartmentalised the way you always make it appear. life is not black or white. there are different shades of grey in between. off course there are suffering old folk in naija just like their are suffering old folk in america but i will like to believe that suffering in your country is ten times better than sufferin in another mans country. TRY TO EXPAND YOUR MIND DUDE CUZ YOU SOUND LIKE A RIGID UPTIGHT DUDE. there is different shades of grey in life. remember that. stop trying to sound like you can actualise all scenarios in your mind and can come up with the actual answer. ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS FALL INTO THE CATEGORY OF HYPOTHESISING
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by debosky(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2008
of course your area is crime infested, how else would a Ghanaian be killed in a gang shooting just metres from your house? Safe indeed.

buzugee:

crime infested ? and you got this from my post how ? there is a reason why many old naijas live where i live and thats because of safety abi how many naijas live in ghetto in america ?
and yup you are right about those women and men being physically in yankee but mentally in naija but can you blame them ? i[b]ntegrate ? what exactly does that mean ? hanging around wih akata and oyinbo ? if thats ya idea of integration then i guess i don't integrate either. don't have nothing in common with em and i am to cool to be trying to integrate by force, trying to feel among and stuff. TOTALLY NOT ME.[/b] i say hello and i keep it moving unless we have some kind of bidness arrangement . akata and oyinbo will be the first to throw a noose on ya african neck if given half the chance so don't think ya integration is an act of bravery but rather an act of stupidity. grin

its exactly this warped reasoning of yours is the reason why you think everyone is against you. Nothing more miserable than a life devoted to thinking everyone is against you, trying to kill you at the slghtest opportunity is why folk like you and the lonely women die in isolation. You better move back to naija quickly - where there are even MORE people thinking to kill you immediately. grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Why would you choose to continue in a place where you do not feel at home in? Isn’t that you torturing yourself? If you, @Buzugee, have yet to integrate, what are you still doing here? Forget about the old women. If you yourself do not understand what it means to integrate, don’t you think that is sign that you ought to go back or something, to where you find peace and are better able to live comfortably? I mean instead of continuing to think everyone lives miserable outside of Nigeria. I think that is a ridiculous outlook you have there. If you yourself are not cut out for life outside of Nigeria, it is understandable. Go back and gain peace. Sitting out here mouthing off that everyone is as miserable as you are only makes you seem some sort of grumpy miserable person.

DID I SAY I WAS MIRESABLE ? there you go being your typical self ASSUMING again. i dont have to integrate to be happy hope you realise that ? i am probably one of the happiest nigerians in america not because of integration but because of rest of mind and accepting who i am. why am i here ? i am here trying to make a project happen. once it happens i am going back to britain. then eventually to africa. AM THINKING GHANA AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  grin KENKE HERE I COME  cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

i think the question here is how old are you ? you always try to pose as you have an answer to every dilemma and scenario in this world. dude life is not easily compartmentalised the way you always make it appear.

life is not black or white. there are different shades of grey in between.

I am sorry but I hate to tell you this, your life is the color you choose to paint it, simple!! If you want a happy life, you make choices that lead you that way. If you want to live complaining about everything, you make those choices daily and before long, your life is defined by all that .

buzugee:

off course there are suffering old folk in naija just like their are suffering old folk in america but i will like to believe that suffering in your country is ten times better than sufferin in another mans country.

Sure you will like to believe that. But that does not make that the absolute for all. There are Nigerians living here in Chicago who enjoy their lives. I have a mother who has no plans of moving back to Nigeria anytime soon. A friend’s father just retired in Nigeria and moved out here to live with his kids since he no longer feels useful in Nigeria. Seriously, your life is what you want it to be.

buzugee:

TRY TO EXPAND YOUR MIND DUDE CUZ YOU SOUND LIKE A RIGID UPTIGHT DUDE. there is different shades of grey in life. remember that. stop trying to sound like you can actualise all scenarios in your mind and can come up with the actual answer. ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS FALL INTO THE CATEGORY OF HYPOTHESISING

It is not in my mind. It is in my surroundings. In my living, I am sorry if I offend you by not seeing life through the same peep whole that you do but believe you me, there are Nigerians who live outside of Nigeria that enjoy their lives. Infact out here in Chicago, many have integrated and work towards building their communities and family lives here. Why do you find that hard to believe?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2008
@Buzugee

You have succeeded again in commiting a fallacy of hasty generalization. The fact that you seem to reside with a group of unhappy people of a particular age, sect and colour does not connote that everybody of that age group is unhappy.

Again, I think it's entirely up to an individual to decide where and what he/she will derive happiness or fulfillment from. I trust you appreciate the points that are being raised here, but u want to keep the thread flowing, hence your arguments.

Can I ask, how come your parents chose to go back after they have attained a state of financial independence/stability? And what percentage of Nigerians above the age bracket u mentioned in your posts lead the kind of "enjoyable" lifestyle your folks have?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2008
debosky:

of course your area is crime infested, how else would a Ghanaian be killed in a gang shooting just metres from your house? Safe indeed.

its exactly this warped reasoning of yours is the reason why you think everyone is against you. Nothing more miserable than a life devoted to thinking everyone is against you, trying to kill you at the slghtest opportunity is why folk like you and the lonely women die in isolation. You better move back to naija quickly - where there are even MORE people thinking to kill you immediately. grin grin
cheesy OL BOY i live in evanston. tell me how crime ridden that is ? used to live in rogers park though. anyway thats besides the point. and like i told kobojunkie i dont feel the need to integrate socially. thats just me. i am not here for a long time. i am here on some projects and i am out. so i dont feel the need to mingle like that. i see your kind in chicago everyday. trying hard to mingle with akata and oyinbo and catching wrinkles and greyhair as rewards for the effort  cheesy anuofia
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

DID I SAY I WAS MIRESABLE ? there you go being your typical self ASSUMING again.

Actually, considering this thread is over 20 pages long and this is not my first time taking you on. It does not take a genius to figure out by now that you come off as a really miserable person. Check your posts from beginning to this point. Even your assumption that only in Nigeria can you have a wonderful couple of final days. That speaks volumes, you know?

buzugee:

i don't have to integrate to be happy hope you realise that ? i am probably one of the happiest nigerians in america not because of integration but because of rest of mind and accepting who i am.

Integration does not deny you rest of mind or a sense of who you are though. Neither does it deny you happiness. Maybe you do not understand what I mean when I say you should integrate.

buzugee:

why am i here ? i am here trying to make a project happen. once it happens i am going back to britain. then eventually to africa. AM THINKING GHANA AT THIS POINT IN TIME.  grin KENKE HERE I COME  cheesy

goodluck with that. Instead of focusing on the ills and those who are not enjoying the place, how about you try to take your focus off the negatives and maybe, just maybe you might actually see the many Nigerians enjoying the skyline and the many things Chicago has to offer.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2008
ebariba:

@Buzugee

You have succeeded again in commiting a fallacy of hasty generalization. The fact that you seem to reside with a group of unhappy people of a particular age, sect and colour does not connote that everybody of that age group is unhappy.

Again, I think it's entirely up to an individual to decide where and what he/she will derive happiness or fulfillment from. I trust you appreciate the points that are being raised here, but u want to keep the thread flowing, hence your arguments.

Can I ask, how come your parents chose to go back after they have attained a state of financial independence/stability? And what percentage of Nigerians above the age bracket u mentioned in your posts lead the kind of "enjoyable" lifestyle your folks have?
well i must be a magnet for miserable people because since i have stepped into town all the naijas i have met have being romanticising about wanting to go home. either tht or they just see my cute baby face and just feel comfortable enough to let out their deep hidden fears cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

i think the question here is how old are you ? you always try to pose as you have an answer to every dilemma and scenario in this world. dude life is not easily compartmentalised the way you always make it appear. life is not black or white. there are different shades of grey in between. off course there are suffering old folk in naija just like their are suffering old folk in america but i will like to believe that suffering in your country is ten times better than sufferin in another mans country. TRY TO EXPAND YOUR MIND DUDE CUZ YOU SOUND LIKE A RIGID UPTIGHT DUDE. there is different shades of grey in life. remember that. stop trying to sound like you can actualise all scenarios in your mind and can come up with the actual answer. ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS FALL INTO THE CATEGORY OF HYPOTHESISING

I hope this dialogue remains objective and personal ego isn't coming to play, and I hope the parties involved are'nt taking issues personal.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2008
grin edited.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

well i must be a magnet for miserable people because since i have stepped into town all the naijas i have met have being romanticising about wanting to go home. either that or they just see my cute baby face and just feel comfortable enough to let out their deep hidden fears cheesy

Deep hidden fears? What you have described so far are not fears but miseries. You can help them by telling them to go back to Nigeria and find Happiness before it is too late for them.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2008
more memories of naija, the club sammiches at ikoyi hotel
the suya hangout spots on 1 allen avenue. university of suya
buying my first car cheesy yup i was very young too. bought pioneer system from london and put it in that bad boy
more to come cheesy naija sweet ooo no be small. sorry yall didnt enjoy it like i did but that aint my fault shA grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ty4real(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

more memories of naija, the club sammiches at ikoyi hotel
the suya hangout spots on 1 allen avenue. university of suya
buying my first car cheesy yup i was very young too. bought pioneer system from london and put it in that bad boy
more to come cheesy naija sweet ooo no be small. sorry yall didnt enjoy it like i did but that aint my fault shA grin

Guy,what is the summary of your ranting gann na grin grin grin!You enjoyed all the above in Nigeria,congratulations!Why did you still choose to travel out,You are are just deceiving yourself.You beha pack your bags and baggages and come and settle for obodo oyinbo land grin grin grin!I know your major reason for travelling up and down all in the name of project is because you know within your self that Nigeria is not all that convinient for you wink wink wink
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by debosky(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2008
Its people like him who get stuck in some fairytale, idealised memories of naija that it hits hardest when they return and can't recapture such dreams anymore. . . . as if the naija of even 2 years ago is the naija of today.

I wager you'll be 60 playing Shina in your room like those old women you mocked in no time. grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

@kobojunkie na skyline u wan chop ? grin nigerians sef. abeg una too dey front. look bottomline u are a displaced bunch and you said ya fada and mama are in america ? what they couldnt hack it in nigeria ? oga ooooo nothing sorrier than seeing old folks in another mans land. displaced folk.

If food is what you need, try broadway, there are many Nigerian restaurants down that way. I am sorry, I love the skyline and there ain’t nothing bad in loving that either. Like I said, Life is what you want it to be.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2008
ty4real:

Guy,what is the summary of your ranting gann na grin grin grin!You enjoyed all the above in Nigeria,congratulations!Why did you still choose to travel out,You are are just deceiving yourself.You beha pack your bags and baggages and come and settle for obodo oyinbo land grin grin grin!I know your major reason for travelling up and down all in the name of project is because you know within your self that Nigeria is not all that convinient for you wink wink wink
cheesy Ol boy i thank the lord for making my folk concieve me in london. hence i have the tool to go where i please. why am i travelling up and down ? ol boy if i dont do it now it will never be done again. when i marry and have kids i dont wanna be travelling again. i am getting all my world experience in when i am young and strong. then i will go home and start raising a family. me, i have seen the other side of nigeria and i love it sooo much. i am quite aware that some people have bad memories of the place but i cannot help that. i go from my own good memories. this is the only place i can see myself raising kids. it is what it is. i have to get all the american experience in so that when i get to naija and someone is making noise about america i can tell them to shut up cuz i have being there and i can contribute to the discussion, it is a learning curve for me and i have learnt enough to know that i dont know how nigerians survive out here with kids and wife. dunno how they survive out here and still wanna be out here for the rest of their lives. then again i suspect these people had miserable lives in naija and didnt get to see the good side so i guess that is their driving motivation. me myself ? i can never do it. i view it like prison. MENTAL PRISON SPIRITUAL PRISON EMOTIONAL PRISON.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2008
debosky:

Its people like him who get stuck in some fairytale, idealised memories of naija that it hits hardest when they return and can't recapture such dreams anymore. . . . as if the naija of even 2 years ago is the naija of today.

I wager you'll be 60 playing Shina in your room like those old women you mocked in no time. grin grin
cheesy E JAWO NINU APON TI OYO ELO GBOMI ILA KANA SHINA TI DE lol thats a shina peters song by the way. dude quite unlike yasef i have motivations to be in naija. grin naija aint dat hard. trust me. there is a method to the madness and once you get in the groove of things it gets easy. so long as your house is paid for in naija. no wahala. na jollofment be the rest
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

If food is what you need, try broadway, there are many Nigerian restaurants down that way. I am sorry, I love the skyline and there ain’t nothing bad in loving that either. Like I said, Life is what you want it to be.

ol boy i done enta all the restaurant in chicago
bolat on clark and belmont
qaato on touhy and clark
veevees on rosemont and broadway
tbs on sheridan and wilson
nigerian kitchen on racine and wilson
there is one on wilson and sheridan too infront of macdonalds
then there is this woman who bleaches her skins restaurant on devon and grrenview
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2008
how long did you even stay in naija? Like I said, romantic notions that have been shattered times without number. I hope your story is different. . . . . but you sound quite taken by it. Once you have your house na jollofment? cheesy

I guess having your house removes armed robbers, thieving policemen and all the other ills from your existence. When you need to lock your gate at 6pm and raise barbed wires, I hope you still have time for your gulder and suya nights. grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2008
debosky:

how long did you even stay in naija? Like I said, romantic notions that have been shattered times without number. I hope your story is different. . . . . but you sound quite taken by it. Once you have your house na jollofment? cheesy

I guess having your house removes armed robbers, thieving policemen and all the other ills from your existence. When you need to lock your gate at 6pm and raise barbed wires, I hope you still have time for your gulder and suya nights. grin grin
cheesy too funny. oya first off lemme tell you the story of one of a million friends who are making it big in naija. this my guy lived in michigan for 9 yrs earning like 70k a yr. dude got tired of america and went to naija. look at dude now he is the third from right. charles is his name. he is now the chief of marketing for guiness earning like $300,000 a yr in naija http://www.businessworldintelligence.com/vol2no18/index.html
and back to ya question. the beauty about naija is that there is no laws against having weapons. dude all my guys in nigeria have handguns and uzis. just buy a couple of those and keep under bed. problem solved. them no born the arm robber well well. plus you can choose to live in gated communities in naija wihich are patrolled by private security (yup i said it GATED COMMUNITY) make una dey hia dey holla
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee:

cheesy too funny. oya first off let me tell you the story of one of a million friends who are making it big in naija. this my guy lived in michigan for 9 years earning like 70k a yr. dude got tired of america and went to naija. look at dude now he is the third from right. charles is his name. he is now the chief of marketing for guiness earning like $300,000 a yr in naija http://www.businessworldintelligence.com/vol2no18/index.html
and back to ya question. the beauty about naija is that there is no laws against having weapons. dude all my guys in nigeria have handguns and uzis. just buy a couple of those and keep under bed. problem solved. them no born the arm robber well well. plus you can choose to live in gated communities in naija wihich are patrolled by private security (yup i said it GATED COMMUNITY) make una dey hia dey holla

You seem to be in love with your Nigeria. Well, I hope you one day decide to go find your happiness where it lies in Nigeria.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You seem to be in love with your Nigeria. Well, I hope you one day decide to go find your happiness where it lies in Nigeria.
chief i don't have a choice now. it is my home. the only place i have rest of mind.
dude do you know that there is lots of gated communities in lekki and victoria island ? thiefs can't get in because there is only one gate in and it is heavily patrolled by well paid chinese guards. you pay association fee everymonth which is the guards salaries. in the gated community they have basketball court, nightclub, swimming pool, schools, everything you need. you don't need to step out for anything. nigeria is getting crazy and dynamic. there are malls in the gated communitties too
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ty4real(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The guy is not in love with Nigeria kankan,let him be stripped of his bfitish passport,he will be singing another story!Some Nigerians are never tru sha!

@buzugee!
o jebi ti won bi e ni London grin grin grin!I hope you use your 9ja passport to gallivant all over the world or is your british passport.Another ingrate biting the finger that God used in giving him opportunity to travel round the world before he marries grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by debosky(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2008
so I guess every single person living abroad should go back and live in those gated communities eh?

I guess everyone will be marketing director at guinness? Bitter life experiences my foot. Let people make their decisions, and make their own life choices. You have the obvious preference, your world view that Nigeria is the best place on earth does not negate other people's views.

Guns and Uzis? Well I hope those your friends don't end up killing themselves or others in a shoot out with armed robbers. . . . anywhere I would need that degree of violence to protect myself CANNOT be utopia by any stretch of the imagination.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ty4real(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee link=topic=159830.msg2711589#ms[b:
g2711589 date=1219787750]
chief i don't have a choice now. it is my home. the only place i have rest of mind[/b].
dude do you know that there is lots of gated communities in lekki and victoria island ? thiefs can't get in because there is only one gate in and it is heavily patrolled by well paid chinese guards. you pay association fee everymonth which is the guards salaries. in the gated community they have basketball court, nightclub, swimming pool, schools, everything you need. you don't need to stap out for anything. nigeria is getting crazy and dynamic. there are malls in the gated communitties too

Another Ajebo on nairaland grin grin grin grin!Guy you know you are lying here,I hope you enjoy the killing traffic along that lekki-Ajah road,I lived there tooo ooooo,From your description above so that means you dont beyond those walls right and that it is why you have rest of mind!You will soon wake up!okidoki grin grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2008
ty4real:

The guy is not in love with Nigeria kankan,let him be stripped of his bfitish passport,he will be singing another story!Some Nigerians are never tru sha!

@buzugee!
o jebi ti won bi e ni London grin grin grin!I hope you use your Nigeria passport to gallivant all over the world or is your british passport.Another ingrate biting the finger that God used in giving him opportunity to travel round the world before he marries grin grin grin
grin grin grin lol mama charlie try for me no be small sef. if dem strip me of my british pali chei  cry cry cry dat wan no go good sha lol i see say you dey for essex lol essex boy lomor. ol boy i dey club for ilford well well sha. i dey enter THE EXCHANGE go collect nice baffs. you sabi the exchange ?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ty4real(m): 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2008
debosky link=topic=159830.msg2711601#msg271[b:
1601 date=1219787883]
so I guess every single person living abroad should go back and live in those gated communities eh?[/b]

I guess everyone will be marketing director at guinness? Bitter life experiences my foot. Let people make their decisions, and make their own life choices. You have the obvious preference, your world view that Nigeria is the best place on earth does not negate other people's views.

Guns and Uzis? Well I hope those your friends don't end up killing themselves or others in a shoot out with armed robbers. . . . anywhere I would need that degree of violence to protect myself CANNOT be utopia by any stretch of the imagination.

O ma se o jare1Good question,are there noy civilised area boys and touts even in this his gated communities,no be Nigeria we dey talk about,Na only God fit change the country!I lie not.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2008
debosky:

so I guess every single person living abroad should go back and live in those gated communities eh?

is the same abroad too na. not everyone abroad lives in gated communities na so whats ya point  cheesy and americans have guns to protect themselves against intruders so whats ya point ? is america utopia ? grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ty4real(m): 11:09pm On Aug 26, 2008
buzugee link=topic=159830.m[b:
sg2711634#msg2711634 date=1219788237]
grin grin grin lol mama charlie try for me no be small sef[/b]. if them strip me of my british pali chei cry cry cry that wan no go good sha lol i see say you dey for essex lol essex boy lomor. ol boy i dey club for ilford well well sha. i dey enter THE EXCHANGE go collect nice baffs. you sabi the exchange ?

ok,tank God say you yoursef no say iya Charlie try for u wink wink wink wink!But abeg next time mention the thing wey ur leader for Nigeria don do for you ok!Be more patriotic se o gbo! cool cool cool!
Omo you funny sha!Shey o wa London bayi abi owa ni gated community e? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Policeman Beats Driver To Coma In Lekki, Lagos (pics) / Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight / Imo APC Members Protest On The Streets Against Imposition Of Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.