Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,314 members, 7,887,958 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:55 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (506789 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

You want to hear the truth?

Adebayor should get the blame for Arsenal's draw today.
His greed to win the golden boot will undo Arsenal if Wenger does not have a word with him.
Ade was through on goal but Bendtner was in a better position to score. . . all Ade should have done was to square the ball for Nicklas to score the easiest of goals but the lanky Togolese decided to score all by himself. . . . Game should have ended 3-1 if he had used his head.

With Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd still to play Arsenal. . . . . . The title race is far from over.
Besides . . . .injury plague seems to have hit Arsenal at the wrong time of the season.
Van Persie is the only saviour but will he be match fit to continue where Eduardo stopped?
Walcott is crap . . . . Scoring his 1st league goal after 2 years of Premiership football says a lot about him.

ARSENAL fans should start praying . . . . . . Another TROPHYLESS SEASON beckons.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2008
@richboy
Throwing a pity party? Recounting your injury problems and woes. .That wont count at all. . especially at the end of the season.

Jackal.
Guess Fergie was smarter afterall. The bet was def'ly psychological. . To make Ronaldo want to score in every game. And bet me, did it work. !

Slow and steady, we'll crawl up from behind Arsenal and overtake them. .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2008
Chacal,
sometimes i feel like putting a hot iron on ade's bare back.He did sometin equally stupid against milan when eduardo was in a great position to score.he tried to play a 1-2 and ended up over-hitting the pass.
Apart from a few, african players seem to have significantly weaker football brains than their european counterparts.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2008
The most sensible comment so far has been from Chac - there will be many twists and turns.

Walcott scores 2 goals in a premiership game? That may be a silver lining in today's grey cloud. cool

The race is hotting up and MU are scoring freely again, lets see what happens as the games progress.

I couldn't watch the game yet, been out on vacation so my posts here will be intermittent for now.

The race is FAR from OVER. If my posts were misleading, I apologise, cos I never meant to pass that across. I still believe we will win this season, and Walcott, Adebayor and RVP will play HUGE roles in that in the games to come. Its getting to crunch time now. . .no more time for pussy footing. cool

The Gunners will prevail

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

Spot on!!!!!
African players tend to be foolish and the final pass is always a worry.
I just realised one of the reasons Rooney does not score too many is because he is not a selfish player.

Eduardo's injury is a big blow to Arsenal's title challenge.
Lets hope Van Persie hauls ass and get back to his goal-scoring form ASAP.
I feel sorry for Clichy as well . . . . He is human afterall. . . he has been outstanding for Arsenal this season.

@ Justkunmi,

Fergie is smart just like most football managers in England.
I remember the season Harry Redknapp had a bet with Yakubu about him scoring 20 league goals for Portsmouth.
Yakubu scored his 19th goal in the last game of the season and someone reminded Redknapp about the bet and he quickly subbed him to prevent the Nigerian striker from scoring his 20th. grin grin  I was shocked when he confessed to it on a sports programme on SKYSPORTS.

Chasing Arsenal is better than chasing Chelsea.
Arsenal will always stutter when the tough gets going . . . Imagine what the pressure woula been if they had gone 8 points clear earlier.
It's something about the mentality of the team and even the manager. Look at Gallas' show of shame today when Clichy conceded a penalty.
He is the captain for crying out loud . . . How about psyching Almunia up to boost the goalie's confidence?
Gallas took matters into his own hands and was throwing tantrums like a bitch. . . . .Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!

William Gallas has a lot to learn. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2008
Rooney waz cool today,he unselfishly let Saha bury d ball instead of attempting to do it himself for a hattrick.As for Ronaldo (*sigh*),what can i say?The guy's a soccer dream still coming true.Go Man U! Back to back silverware coming up.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2008
@ Cassiel,

Is u a Man Utd fan?
Where was u when the storm was raging?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2008
Hey Jackal. You dont want to scare her away,do you? All the female reds we had all ran away. God knows why. @Cassiel. U red? Your welcome to the board.

@all.
This is the most important time in the whole of the campaign. The last 12 games. We cant afford to drop silly points anymore like we did at Bolton and at West Ham. We must play like cannibals. We must fight for every point cos from here on not, every single point counts. Every game counts. Every goal counts. Every chance counts. Every miss counts. . Our foot must be on the pedal. . Constantly.

PROUDLY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by software(m): 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2008
man utd CONGRATS grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2008
No congratulations yet bro. We've not won the league. Wait till the end of the season then'll we'll pop some bottles. . Lol
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lailai2(m): 12:16am On Feb 24, 2008
rooney is more crucial than ronaldo
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 12:17am On Feb 24, 2008
Before Arsenal's game, we lived in the fear of the
possibility of going 8 points behind before we kick
off against Newcastle. It wassn't a nice feeling.

Now we're 3 points behind. Not a bad day for us.

We're begining to enjoy (bit by bit) the benefits of
our strenght in depth. Three matches in a week and
we still have fresh legs in Hargo, Anderson, Giggs,
Ronaldo (was replaced on the hour), Scholes, Saha
and to an extent Carrick and Fletcher.

It's looking good.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 12:30am On Feb 24, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Fergie will be pleased at Gallas' reaction after the final whistle.
To be honest, i think Gallas has conceded the title with that reaction. . . . Gallas is the captain for crying out loud.
He was crying, screaming and desperate as if Man Utd already won the title . . . .
Ferguson will be chuckling to see such in the GAYnners camp.

I hope Fergie has learnt his lesson about Scholesy and Giggsy.
Blimey . . . .these days, the game's pace has gone beyond our old guards . . . . .Fletcher, Carrick, Hargo and Anderson should be deployed in the MF.
Nani and Park can always replace Giggsy . . . . . we need young and vibrant players to keep the engine steaming.
We know the HOLY TRINITY will always score AT LEAST a goal within 90 minutes . . . There's an air of inevitability about it.

United need anutha emphatic win against Fulham.
Lets do em anutha 4-0 victory to tell em GAYnners we are serious about retaining the title.
I hope Wazza will continue in his rich vein of goalscoring . . . . . .It's squeaky bum time.
The title is United's to grab . . . .No serious injury, players are scoring freely, Nani is bang in form.
I am so proud to be a United fan.
Lets kick some asses. . . . . . . HOLY TRINITY, where ya gunz at?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lailai2(m): 12:39am On Feb 24, 2008
spare a moment for da silva, it could have been cristiano ronaldo
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 12:43am On Feb 24, 2008
A moment ma ass!!!!

How many of y'all spared a moment for Wazza just before the world cup in 2006?
Scholesy's eyes? JS Park's knee? Rooney's injury this season? Silvestre's cruciate ligament? Smith's ankle?
This is football . . . . . . . . ACCIDENTS happen.
Is Eduardo dead? Did u spare a moment for John Terry when Eboue broke his ankle?

C'mon . . . . . .don't gimme this fuckery. . . . I feel sorry for him but hey, this is a contact sports!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lailai2(m): 12:47am On Feb 24, 2008
its not do-or-die, it should be entertainment
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 12:48am On Feb 24, 2008
lai-lai:

spare a moment for da silva, it could have been cristiano ronaldo

Spare a moment? Maybe a minute silence before
our next match will do. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by joeb1(m): 2:42am On Feb 24, 2008
@jackal

dont mind them, the only thing does gaynners know is to Bleep around spilling rubbish on our thread. By next weak, mark my words we would be on top the table.

i hard that ben foster as started training again is it true.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2008
Chacal:

A moment ma ass!!!!

How many of y'all spared a moment for Wazza just before the world cup in 2006?
Scholesy's eyes? JS Park's knee? Rooney's injury this season? Silvestre's cruciate ligament? Smith's ankle?
This is football . . . . . . . . ACCIDENTS happen.
Is Eduardo dead? Did u spare a moment for John Terry when Eboue broke his ankle?

C'mon . . . . . .don't gimme this fuckery. . . . I feel sorry for him but hey, this is a contact sports!!!!!

I'm getting scared with the way u've not yet thrown sum sick shubz for our loss yeah, it's a loss grin grin

I wasn't arround to watch the game but I saw pics of the injury on youtube
my dayz, it reminds me of Cisse's injury against the same Blackburn
I wonder if he'll ever be able to play again till he's 25 or sumn
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:31am On Feb 24, 2008
Wat is all these hype over an injury? Is the guy dead?
Gary Neville has been out for close to 2 seasons now, nobody is crying. Now u have an injured player and you want to remove your pants! Get the hell outta here. .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2008
Don't you know gaynners again, on the last day they will come out and tell you that they lost the trophy because eduardo was injured as if eduardo is a prolific gaol scorer.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2008
justkunmi:

What is all these hype over an injury? Is the guy dead?
Gary Neville has been out for close to 2 seasons now, nobody is crying. Now u have an injured player and you want to remove your pants! Get the hell out of here. .

Good talk.

The guy is injured (bad injury no doubt) but he might be
back in action faster than many other players out.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Gaynners are what they are . . . . MOANERS!!!!

No one is talking about the fact that Arsenal played against 10 men for 90 minutes(added time inclusive).
None of these hypocrites is talking about Arsenal's failure to take advantage of the opportunity Martin Taylor presented em by seeing RED.
All we keep hearing is Eduardo this. . . Eduardo that.
How many of em sympathised with Wazza when he broke his metatarsal? Most of em were jubilating.
Its even more amusing to me especially when the GAYnner-in-Chief(Lord Loyika) wished Nani a gruesome injury just 8 days ago. grin grin grin
Karma is a saint!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2008
I've seen tackles that are as bad as Taylor's tackle in
the premiership. We all have.

Owen's lunge at Vidic yesterday was as bad as Taylor's
tackle or who can forget Eboue's karate on Evra just a
week ago.

Our heart surely goes out to Eduardo. It's not a nice
thing to suffer bad injuries and we all wish he returns
to the game as soon as possible.

BUT THAT IS WHERE IT ENDS!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by PoDeep(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2008
I'm a gunner but I won't be biased - EDUARDO WAS USELESS LATELY ANYWAY!!

Manure's performance against OldCastle was outstanding. Faye didn't even deserve that goal.

But we still got AstonVilla on saturday. Our seriousness level in preparation for SanSiro's showdown should get us 3 pnts against astonvilla.
Hope Ade scores 2 or more so that he can be toe-to-toe with CristianA's amount of goals.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2008
Po Deep:

I'm a gunner but I won't be biased - EDUARDO WAS USELESS LATELY ANYWAY!!.

shocked angry so because according to you he was useless he deserved to be injured abi? angry

are you human at all? angry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tosinadeda: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2008
Po Deep:

I'm a gunner but I won't be biased - EDUARDO WAS USELESS LATELY ANYWAY!!

ure crazy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2008
@akinlabi
I'm not saying there are no bad tackles in the EPL
Besides my concerns are concentrated on the effect of this on his career not Arsenal
If we lose the EPL, (which is not going to happen) then we lost because we were not good enough
not because of an injury to one of our five strikers

Dudu was good, but we reached the top without him, so no biggies
Man Utd lost Heinze at the begining of last season but they won the league outright

My concern is the fact that this same Taylor might still go on and make such an unecessary tackle
just what soccernet said of the injury

Manager Arsene Wenger has already ruled him out for the rest of the season and possibly much longer, meaning that he will miss the European championships in Austria and Switzerland in June.
The incident was so horrific that television stations declined to show the replay, although some Sunday newspapers had graphic photographs on the inside pages.

There has been widespread speculation that the 24-year-old's career is in danger.

For a player that was his country's top-scorer on the road to qualification, it's a bad psychological blow to him(him alone, not arsenal)

How many of em sympathised with Wazza when he broke his metatarsal? Most of em were jubilating.

Most definitely not the ones I knew, for goodness sake, even Chelsea players where sad

Owen's lunge at Vidic yesterday was as bad as Taylor's
tackle or who can forget Eboue's karate on Evra just a
week ago.
yeah right, the only difference is that this one is making him miss the rest of the season, Euro 2008 and the World Cup qualifier against England
oh, and all the cameras in the stadium stopped recording anything for the five minutesbefore and after the tackle grin grin

On the good side, Walcott and Bendtner know they now have a big responsibilty or else we go back to the 4-5-1. Which is better for the defence cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tboy81(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2008
Congratulations Tottenham!, and the last time Spurs won the Carling Cup in '99, we won the TREBLE!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

So, let's hope for another de ja vu! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2008
Tboy
a deja vu is rite in order. Wont be bad at all.
@all those still mourning Eduardo
its alrite already. Pls enough of the injury speeches. Its already removing all the form of sympathy I had for the guy.
Bad injury. .yes. Bad time for Arsenal. .yes.
Is he dead? No.!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2008
@chacal
dude,with overly passionate,aggressive supporters like you around,i don't have to say more than necessary during your 'raging storms'.
@all
the rest of y'all,enough with the injury analyses already.what's broken's broken,doesnt matter why,how,when,where.pray whoever's down gets back up soon,and then focus on d players left and how they perform(or dont perform, grin).been going thru d thread since and all i see is injury this,injury that,3 months ago,8 months ago,hello?way too much testosterone raging up in here.anyway,congrats Tottenham.My man Cech waz helpless today.

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 12:04am On Feb 25, 2008
@ Cassiel,

Aggressive supporter? U are having a laugh.
We need ur voice in this zone . . . .
I am on the lookout for em glory-hunters . . .
Lets hope you are not one of em.

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.