Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,895 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon (8030 Views)

MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / Cia And Mossad To Divide Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On May 18, 2009
Ok, here again are the questions, please answer to the best of your ability, and feel free to provide anecdotal evidence in each case, as you please.

1) Do you sincerely believe that Nigerians living in your area are ready for change?

2)Can you tell a Nigerian living abroad today that if he came home tomorrow, he would find many in your community willing to join him, to do the work needed, even if it requires cleaning out gutters, going out to bring in sand, planting trees, cleaning out sewers, in the name of Change?

3) Can you tell a Nigerian living abroad today that there are plenty of people who would gladly join in printing and distributing leaflets in the community, signing and gathering signatures for petitions, waking up most mornings to go obtain forms, fill out forms, submit or mail in forms?

4) Can you tell a Nigerian abroad that if he bought a ticket tommorow, came in to Nigeria in 2 weeks, that in less than 3 months He would have enough people to aid him in fighting corruption at NIPOST. Can you assure him that if he is ready to go all the way to ensure that Nipost adapts policies that protect their customer base from thefts and corruption that he will have Nigerians willing to fight alongside him?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by sashbaby(f): 4:54pm On May 18, 2009
i told you before yes. people are willing to do all you listed above provided the individual is sincere and equal to the task. the youths are hungry for a change very sincere radical change. i am tired of the situation in our country.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 6:21am On May 19, 2009
Sashbaby may be right cos if i've done all that gutter cleaning and sandfilling stuff when i was in naija and i know some homeboys who can help with work and all that as far as IT DOESN'T INTERFERE IN THEIR BUSINESS
thats the catch.

If it doesnt interfer with their businesses and work.
honestly, if such a movement is started and run honestly, count me in.
my sojourn abroad is not just for me, cos i can survive in Naija anytime. I made this trip so that my children and decendeants will HAVE A BETTER LIFE. i dont want them to go through all the unneccessary stress and troubles i've been through.
We are all thinking of our unborn generations and we need to do something about it. some thing positive, so that the next generation will not want to run away from naija
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 6:54am On May 19, 2009
samparian:

Sashbaby may be right cos if i've done all that gutter cleaning and sandfilling stuff when i was in naija and i know some homeboys who can help with work and all that as far as IT DOESN'T INTERFERE IN THEIR BUSINESS
thats the catch.

my sojourn abroad is not just for me, cos i can survive in Naija anytime. I made this trip so that my children and decendeants will HAVE A BETTER LIFE.  i dont want them to go through all the unneccessary stress and troubles i've been through.
We are all thinking of our unborn generations and we need to do something about it. some thing positive, so that the next generation will not want to run away from naija

Wonderful. . . people like you keep making feel proud to be called Nigerian, however, we all know that the problem at hand now is not going to be solve by just cleaning gutters and sweeping the roads. A lot need to be done.
Otherwise, how does one explain when a number of guys finish cleaning gutter and then go ahead to collect a few naira notes to help rig elections, assassinate their opponents, rob banks, sit back and watch their leaders neglect their duties and embezzle the public treasury etc? Yet, these are the same people who volunteers to clean the gutters every now and then.

I agree that cleaning the gutters and all what not are one of the ways of bringing change to the almost failed state but it doesnt end there. Nigerians need to stand up and question their so-called leaders whenever there's any fishy move.
Reports reaching me now is that about 1/3 of the custom officers are ghost workers from 2005-2008 under the watch of the present Gbon gwom of jos. Are the jos indigenes planning to ask the his highness to resign and face this allegations? What are nigerians as a whole planning to do about it since the FG will soon sweep this allegation under the carpet?

True change is more than cleaning the gutters.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 7:18am On May 19, 2009
Nuzo, you've got a point but it aint that easy to confront these guys individually. Even if you do it as a group, they'll try to buy the group leader and if he turns them down, they'll snuff out the life in him.

I campaigned serious for APGA in 2003 elections. i used my car to run around without asking for fuel money, co s i really hate PDP. they're ruining whats left of nigeria.
Our youth leader was approached by PDP before the elections. they tried to buy him so that he'll sabotage APGA youth movement but he turned them down.
He was later kidnapped, threatened and released.
The poor guy just resigned from APGA completely.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 7:50am On May 19, 2009
samparian:

Nuzo, you've got a point but it aint that easy to confront these guys individually. Even if you do it as a group, they'll try to buy the group leader and if he turns them down, they'll snuff out the life in him.

I campaigned serious for APGA in 2003 elections. i used my car to run around without asking for fuel money, co s i really hate PDP. they're ruining whats left of nigeria.
Our youth leader was approached by PDP before the elections. they tried to buy him so that he'll sabotage APGA youth movement but he turned them down.

In other words, you are saying that nigerians are ready to clean gutters but are not ready to stand by the truth like leading a mass protest against corrupt leaders, rigging and corruption of all kinds, even when threatened. undecided

I guess Kobo's questions have been answered.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2009
nuzo:

In other words, you are saying that nigerians are ready to clean gutters but are not ready to stand by the truth like leading a mass protest against corrupt leaders, rigging and corruption of all kinds, even when threatened. undecided

I guess Kobo's questions have been answered.

He resigned, but the youths did not back down and we won Anambra state.

they believed that if they cut off the head of the movement, we'll be dis organised, but their actions fueled our anger and hate towards PDP in Anambra state.
unless they rig the elections, PDP will never occupy the government house in awka.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 8:33am On May 19, 2009
samparian:

they believed that if they cut off the head of the movement, we'll be dis organised, but their actions fueled our anger and hate towards PDP in Anambra state.
unless they rig the elections, PDP will never occupy the government house in awka.

I was also a witness and a participant in that election, and I must confess that Anambra people really stood up like their counterparts in Lagos, Abia, Imo and lately Edo. Kudos to the youth leaders and your likes who never gave up in the face of death.
Now, you will agree with me that these few states does not constitute the majority of Nigeria hence why Kobo's question on whether nigerians are ready to fight for change remains a question that might not get a positive answer soon.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On May 19, 2009
samparian:

thats the catch.

In essence, anyone who leaves his life and job abroad to move back down fulltime to Nigeria does so with no guarantee that those in said community will be willing to go out of their way to help then?

samparian:

my sojourn abroad is not just for me, cos i can survive in Naija anytime. I made this trip so that my children and decendeants will HAVE A BETTER LIFE. i dont want them to go through all the unneccessary stress and troubles i've been through.

I think this applies to everyone abroad. All moved to get better life for themselves and their children. And so to move back will be to risk being able to provide that better life for those you are directly responsible for. So it is pertinent that one ensure the move is worth it, right?

That is why I asked @Sashbaby if, in her own community, the people are ready to rally around, and do all the dirty work needed. You are right, anyone can clean gutters and dust cobwebs, and like @Nuzo already pointed out, the same group could turn around and fill up the same gutters with rubbish the next day.When I say dirty work, I don’t necessarily mean cleaning gutters and dusting cobwebs. I mean campaigning activities required to get the public aware and educated and also to get the state aware that we are taken over power from the mugus we have in office.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On May 19, 2009
samparian:

I applaud the move, even though I am against the statement that this was done mostly out of hate for the PDP. Does not state what happened after the election. Did the youths continue to put the fire under their elected leader to make sure he delivers or did they relax, to wait for the next election? Worse, did they become foot soldiers who defended their candidate every which were they could without thinking to make up their praise with reality?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On May 19, 2009
samparian:

I said it, I have an issue with this being mainly about hate for a party and not necessarily about ensuring things change for the people in a positive manner. From the much I have read of things in Anambra state, things do not seem any better than they are in other states.

Don’t get me wrong here, I am not saying that the youths did not do a good job, but I sort of sense it is being done for the wrong reasons or the drive ended after the elections and that, to me is not what I believe will cause change in the short term. If we want to, we can compare that move to the one that tried to get Abiola in office at all cost out of spite for Hausa’s and IBB. Problem is Abiola himself was not necessarily a better man for the people as his hands were seriously stained with blood and stolen gold.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Abz: 4:21pm On May 19, 2009
No Nigerian has that luxury on giving up, what messages or examples are we giving to the generations coming behind, when the time is hot and heavy, pick your bag and run. If you’re any such individual, then you're no brother of mine. Nigeria has issues, to say that is a well underlined understatement, coming from the ages when literacy was minimum, to what we have now, I say a better time is coming. In my opinion, what will be great is to have a brave president that will be able to hold all those responsible for thieving and embezzling the nation's wealth, get a judiciary system in place to persecute them, and if found guilty; 30 years in imprisonment and all assets owned by the government. If the assets or wealth are offshore, as long as the investigative system has enough information, it should seek to reclaim the assets/wealth back…I know it’s easier said than done. (but any slight indication that a person might have embezzled government money is enough to warrant investigation on the person’s asset and seek prosecution), a secret award should be promised on who whistle blow on his/her neighbour, nice…bloodshed isn’t the way of the future.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by sashbaby(f): 7:08pm On May 19, 2009
kobojunkie its really sad that you have really lost faith in the masses. look at what is happening in lagos state,people who want dramatic change are in support of the governor. how long will nigerians run abroad for succour? must you wait for things to get better before coming back to your country? why dont you take up the challenge,then draw your conclusion and see if it was worth it.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On May 19, 2009
sashbaby:

kobojunkie its really sad that you have really lost faith in the masses. look at what is happening in lagos state,people who want dramatic change are in support of the governor. how long will nigerians run abroad for succour? must you wait for things to get better before coming back to your country? why dont you take up the challenge,then draw your conclusion and see if it was worth it.

I am not sure what you mean when you say I have lost faith in the masses. Do you mind post the exact line from my posts where I state this because I prefer we debate facts not fictitious claims here. Unless you want to claim to be a mind reader, then I say you try your reading again.
If you bothered to read the questions I posted and reposted, I made sure to ask you directly of YOUR OWN COMMUNITY. Making blanketing statements/claims as the ones you have made in your response does not work to answer the questions asked, and that is why I made sure to highlight the questions the second time around so you would likely read them but again the response you posted was more general and not specific enough.

When you say look at what is happening in Lagos, are you somehow trying to claim that Fashola’s solo attempt to clean up is now to be attributed to the people of Lagos and their fight or something? The people are in support of the governor does not mean the people initiated the change, nor does it mean that if the next man comes in and decides to let it all go to nothing, that this same people will not support him as well.

Even when things are good, people migrate, so I do not think you ought to busy yourself with the migration pattern or reasons as of now. Let us focus on the issue at hand. By the way, I did not start the thread and even the person who started the thread made no mention of waiting till things get better before returning. If you bothered to read my posts, you would realize by now that I am not one who wants to wait for things to get better BUT I will wait till the people are really ready for change --- two different situations here. Only wished you spent more time reading posts and less on posting outbursts that one has to two extra thread and needle to stitch to the original for it to make sense.
How do you know I have not taken up the challenge, missy? If you must know, I have tried over 5 years to get people to work with me on projects . . . . I only have one person out of so many who initially claimed to be willing and ready to go.

May I suggest you ignore my questions if you are in too haughty a mood to calmly read and posts actual responses to questions. If you must know, some of us are on this thread for serious stuff.

ps. I blew up the font for your convenience!
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by walakolobo: 7:39pm On May 19, 2009
who cares if u do?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by sashbaby(f): 7:56pm On May 19, 2009
am not here to exchange words i read all your post perfectly well. i never accused you of anything.you asked several questions i answered you. am not on the thread to make fictitious claims or assertions. people wanted the change and somebody was ready to make sure that postive change took place. it is not just fashola's solo effort.giving the right atmosphere nigerians are good people and wont just jump into wrong doing.yes there are bad eggs who will do anything just for their personal gains you can never rule that out. i still stand to say more people are checking out becos of the situation in the country and will continue to do so even if it cost them their lives.please and please am not posting to castigate you,i want things to move forward for good.i only asked questions no need to insult me.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by sashbaby(f): 8:05pm On May 19, 2009
may be you let me in on the projects you are working on. i dont mind being the second person on board.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by walakolobo: 8:07pm On May 19, 2009
sashbaby:

may be you let me in on the projects you are working on. i dont mind being the second person on board.

Project? ROFMALAO
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On May 19, 2009
sashbaby:

am not here to exchange words i read all your post perfectly well. i never accused you of anything.you asked several questions i answered you. am not on the thread to make fictitious claims or assertions.

Yet you have been quite free with the claims so far!!

sashbaby:

people wanted the change and somebody was ready to make sure that postive change took place.

The man is doing the job he was hired to do . How can you now claim this is about change that the people wanted when the man on his own chose to do the job he was hired to do? Are you saying that the people of Lagos somehow WISHED fashola into office to do his job by their want for change?

sashbaby:

it is not just fashola's solo effort.giving the right atmosphere nigerians are good people and wont just jump into wrong doing. yes there are bad eggs who will do anything just for their personal gains you can never rule that out.

Well, the Nigerians are good people song is not going to answer this one. I really do not care whether you want to believe they are good or not, I am just curious as to why you like to avoid questions only so you can state some personal belief as fact. Are the Nigerian people responsible for the job Fashola is doing? Did the people fight to ensure Fashola does his work? If you say Yes,I ask any proof? Also, what is the proof that the same good people want change in other states?

sashbaby:

i still stand to say more people are checking out becos of the situation in the country and will continue to do so even if it cost them their lives.please and please am not posting to castigate you,i want things to move forward for good.i only asked questions no need to insult me.

I didn’t insult you either, merely asked that you not make baseless statements about my person or my thinking that you obvious know next to nothing of. Just focus more on answering the questions posed without trying unnecessarily to make the conversation about my person and my thinking. I actually consider that insulting; matter of fact, rude. But then again, that is just me and my ways!

Now, on migration, people will always choose to migrate, and that is up to individuals. I do ask again, can you state for a fact that the people are ready to change? All I have read you post on here are frustrations as reason why you believe they are ready, forgetting that most of these frustrations have existed for over 20 years now. So what makes things different this time around? We all sat watching the recent elections in Ekiti; we saw the people’s response and how a few grounds tried the best they could to protest but at the end of the day, the majority remained silent and after all the “THEM NO GO DIE WELLS”, we sat back like sheep and accepted the news, only now wailing that our hands are tied. Are you telling me that was change as well?

I have had the chance to speak to Nigerians here who have sworn never to go back and to be honest with you, many have serious grievances. Imagine a situation where your mother or father was murdered by those in government for standing up, and the very people who claimed to be in support were behind the murder? Can you imagine growing up on the streets with nothing from your own people, then you find a better life for yourself and hopefully for your own children so they never experience what you had to deal with on the streets out under some bridge in Lagos, then suddenly, the same people who spit on you and treated you like an animal want you to come back to save them, would you answer that call?

Now, these people are here, but what do you expect them to come back to? Do you expect them to drive back into Nigeria to IMPOSE their will on a PEOPLE not yet ready for change? I am sure you know that it is one thing to profess that one is ready for change but yet another for one to actually desire change? Last thing I want to do is come in to IMPOSE change on these same people. Examples past already show us that such moves are unwise. We have the likes of Idiaghon and co to thank for proving this to us.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by sashbaby(f): 8:54pm On May 19, 2009
the people of lagos state gave him the mandate, are they asking too much for want of change. with the present situation in the country is it compulsory for a sitting governor to perform creditably well or carry the people along. so far i have answered your questions truthfully. people in other states are not blind,deaf or dumb to see the transformation in lagos state. you said frustrations which have existed for more than 20years i met the frustration why should i leave such frustrations for kids unborn. in ekiti state people protested and the powers that be rounded up the opposition party members into cells. serious mayhem ensued from that scandalous election but the crisis was nipped in the bud. i dont know what you mean impose your will on the people. are you answering the call for the supposed sycophants or the will to impact positively to the society that scorned you. i still say it again right thinking people want change and they are willing to accept change. i have indicated interest in your projects atleast that counts. we are pretty saying the same thing from your last comment.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 5:04am On May 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I said it, I have an issue with this being mainly about hate for a party and not necessarily about ensuring things change for the people in a positive manner. From the much I have read of things in Anambra state, things do not seem any better than they are in other states.

Don’t get me wrong here, I am not saying that the youths did not do a good job, but I sort of sense it is being done for the wrong reasons or the drive ended after the elections and that, to me is not what I believe will cause change in the short term. If we want to, we can compare that move to the one that tried to get Abiola in office at all cost out of spite for Hausa’s and IBB. Problem is Abiola himself was not necessarily a better man for the people as his hands were seriously stained with blood and stolen gold.

we didnt do it for the wrong reasons. I'm a business man and was resident then in a business district and PDP messed up my state with Gov. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, so naturally we all disliked the party.
Then, APGA was formed and it presented a fellow businessman as a candidate. A man who had never delved into politics. A respectable and God fearing businessman who we all know where he has his office and shops in onitsha.
He promised us change and we united and campaigned freely and he won but the election was rigged and Dr. Ngige of PDP became governor of my state.
though Dr. Ngige was imposed on us, he refused to share the wealth of Anambra state and began doing what we never thought was posible in Anambra state. he built roads, schools, paid salaries and provided infrsatructure and many loved him, but APGA kept fighting for its mandate AND WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN IT IF THE PDP DID NOT COLAPSE ON ITSELF by declaring that they rigged the election and it was Mr. Peter Obi of APGA who actually won the election.
PDP felt it was easier to remove Mr. peter Obi from office than Dr. Ngige, but they were wrong.
Mr. Peter Obi is still governor of my state and he's doing what he promised us he'd do.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 5:21am On May 20, 2009
politics is a very dangerous and dirty business.

Its not for the faint hearted and many of us are faint hearted. Politics in Nigeria is a ruthless business and a close friend of Governor Peter Obi once said that "peter is on a hot seat and has many people working against him"

Political assassins are making big bucks by blackmailing, kidnapping and killing.
the MOST annoying part of this is that the assassins are graduates/undergraduates recruted and funded by political parties and individuals cry
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On May 20, 2009
sashbaby:

the people of lagos state gave him the mandate, are they asking too much for want of change. with the present situation in the country is it compulsory for a sitting governor to perform creditably well or carry the people along. so far i have answered your questions truthfully. people in other states are not blind,deaf or dumb to see the transformation in lagos state. you said frustrations which have existed for more than 20years i met the frustration why should i leave such frustrations for kids unborn. in ekiti state people protested and the powers that be rounded up the opposition party members into cells. serious mayhem ensued from that scandalous election but the crisis was nipped in the bud. i dont know what you mean impose your will on the people. are you answering the call for the supposed sycophants or the will to impact positively to the society that scorned you. i still say it again right thinking people want change and they are willing to accept change.

Ugh!!! Nevermind!!

sashbaby:

i have indicated interest in your projects atleast that counts. we are pretty saying the same thing from your last comment.

No, it is not enough!! I would rather have people who are really prepared than more people who answer Yes but never show up afterwards. If you are really interested, then let me know how many hours you are willing to commit each week and then we go from there.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On May 20, 2009
samparian:

politics is a very dangerous and dirty business.

Its not for the faint hearted and many of us are faint hearted. Politics in Nigeria is a ruthless business and a close friend of Governor Peter Obi once said that "peter is on a hot seat and has many people working against him"

First, Politics in Nigeria has been from the beginning a dangerous and dirty business, so your man, peter obi cannot come in here today to tell us this as if it is something new. It is like stating that amala is black when black amala dates as far back as most of us can remember. Nothing new in Nigerian politics today! So please scratch that whole “peter is on a hot seat’ crap. Every other governors seats on the same hot seat. Even yar adua seats on a hot seat and he knows it for a fact, that is why he is suddenly trying to buy himself allies and votes for the next election.

samparian:

Political assassins are making big bucks by blackmailing, kidnapping and killing.
the MOST annoying part of this is that the assassins are graduates/undergraduates recruted and funded by political parties and individuals cry

Political assassins have been making big money from well over 40 years ago. It is not new. We have always known that many of the cult boys in school go on to do even bigger jobs upon graduation, and when I say bigger jobs, I mean bigger hits. So, again, nothing new! So could we please stop pretending that these things only became issues yesterday? Just that I had hoped that CHANGE in Nigeria would be less about getting “OUR OWN MAN” into office and more about “GETTING CONTROL OF THE OFFICE ITSELF” so we shift power towards the people, regardless of whose MAN is in office.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On May 20, 2009
samparian:

we didnt do it for the wrong reasons. I'm a business man and was resident then in a business district and PDP messed up my state with Gov. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, so naturally we all disliked the party.
Then, APGA was formed and it presented a fellow businessman as a candidate. A man who had never delved into politics. A respectable and God fearing businessman who we all know where he has his office and shops in onitsha.
He promised us change and we united and campaigned freely and he won but the election was rigged and Dr. Ngige of PDP became governor of my state.
though Dr. Ngige was imposed on us, he refused to share the wealth of Anambra state and began doing what we never thought was posible in Anambra state. he built roads, schools, paid salaries and provided infrsatructure and many loved him, but APGA kept fighting for its mandate AND WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN IT IF THE PDP DID NOT COLAPSE ON ITSELF by declaring that they rigged the election and it was Mr. Peter Obi of APGA who actually won the election.
PDP felt it was easier to remove Mr. peter Obi from office than Dr. Ngige, but they were wrong.
Mr. Peter Obi is still governor of my state and he's doing what he promised us he'd do.

And this is the same Peter Obi who announced VIPit toilets as plausible accomplishments. The Same Peter Obi who openly announced he collected bribes, but diverted the money to projects? Can the same Peter Obi open the books so private entities can look in to verify his claims?

Any who, I do not want to make this about the man, but I have seriously different ideas when it comes to change , and standing up for the rights of the people.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by asha80(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2009
kobojunkie you are very funny.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On May 20, 2009
I am just being frank!
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by asha80(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am just being frank!

I am actually refering to a comment u made about peter obi but i will not highlight it because it will derail this thread.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 9:25am On May 21, 2009
Everyone is entitled to his own opinions and thoughts about Nigerian politics, the masses and what goes on in our respective states.

I'm tired of people questioning other peoples actions and complaining from miles away.

I'll do what i can as an individual to contribute to the developement of my locality. Right now all i can do is to provide employment for a few people and put a couple of others on scholarship through any Nigerian university they qualify for.

I'll be relocating permanently to Nigeria before the end of this summer to contribute my quota to Anambra state. I'm done complaining.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 11:24am On May 21, 2009
samparian:

Everyone is entitled to his own opinions and thoughts about Nigerian politics, the masses and what goes on in our respective states.

I'm tired of people questioning other peoples actions and complaining from miles away.

I'll do what i can as an individual to contribute to the developement of my locality. Right now all i can do is to provide employment for a few people and put a couple of others on scholarship through any Nigerian university they qualify for.

I'll be relocating permanently to Nigeria before the end of this summer to contribute my quota to Anambra state. I'm done complaining.

Sampa nwa amama. . . . . u don vex be that.
Any way, more power to your elbow. Keep up with the good work.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 11:30am On May 21, 2009
samparian:

I agree, that we are entitled to our opinions but is that not the same like the Abiola boys played in their bid to get that man in office at all cost?

Strange that majority of the people I know out here are are doing exactly what you say you are currently doing and they still feel they they need to complain for more  people to understand that the burden they bear is not supposed to be the norm. I personally do exactly the listed but have had no need to post that as I do not feel it is the point considering this ought not to be so. I sometimes wonder if I am enabling the problem in my bid to help, sort of like giving the beggar on main street money every day I see him believing that somehow I am making his life better in some way.

Are we really helping development when we claim we do all these things? If yes, how come all the billions of dollars Nigerians abroad have sent back each year to help one life or another, has yet to really push a lot out of poverty? Is this really the best way to help the situation , or just our way of justifying our right to proudly wear our "I CONTRIBUTE TO DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE" badge we have created for ourselves?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by ifele(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2009
1. Nigerians are being demoralized in the sense that morality is being taken away from their personal systems.
2. We have to arrest all corrupting propaganda, doctrines and dogmas to make Nigerians better individuals.
3. Religion is a farce in Nigeria it most be replaced by socialist rationalism. Why believe in religion that tells yu its ok to murder,
to steal from yur neighbour? Religions that tell you not to be self-reliant or independent.
4. Nigeria is a battle ground where two main philosophies are at war. The sides at war are the philosophy of freedom and the philosophy of bondage.
5. Human beings are created with rationale. We are supposed to reason things out and create solutions. We inherently know good from evil when we reason things out.
6. We are living in economic bondage. Prisoners in our own homes becos of the rise of the evil philosophy.
7. We are at war we must not give up. Its time for a Socialist Revolution. Down with Corrupt Religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uk No Longer Blacklists Medical Graduates From 9 Nigerian Universities / Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence / Edo: Obaseki Presents N150b Budget Of Consolidation And Prosperity(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.