Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,895 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon (8028 Views)

MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / Cia And Mossad To Divide Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by tombola: 6:45pm On May 12, 2009
Akpangbon:

@Nuzo

You know for yourself that you dont maytter, so, no question here. The people that matter in Nigeria knows themselves, you dont even vote, before you say your reasons for not voting, keep them to yourself, the people that matter are those citizens who toil and labour day and night, who pay their taxes, who do their normal civic responsibilities to the nation Nigeria, these are the people that matters, not one run away exiled goon in one corner of the world who sees nothing good in the country Nigeria, he surely doesnt matter.

Boy, no other way to say it better, you have nailed him this time.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by mosunade(f): 6:47pm On May 12, 2009
Nuzo aint speaking for the masses, but for his pockets, he wants a way to share the national cake, but failing to get to him, he concludes, he wants to give up on Nigeria, if you do, nice try, i dont think we are much concerned about that bit. According to Ak, those who matters to Nigeria do know themselves and we can start loosing sleep when they start talking.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Njoy1(f): 6:49pm On May 12, 2009
You know Nuzo is in China, so, dont worry about all that noise he is making, we all know why.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 6:49pm On May 12, 2009
Are you guys annoyed that he's not in Nigeria or annoyed at his post? which one?

who are those that matter? Politicians? traditional rulers? we who stand under the sun and vote against PDP and yet they "win"?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by toshacer: 6:52pm On May 12, 2009
Samparian

What dimension are you cutting into? Who cares where the man is from? China of all places? Even if he is in the white house, that has nothing to do with it, people have been to and lived better places than China, so, it has nothing to do with if he is in Nigeria or not.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by asha80(m): 6:53pm On May 12, 2009
nigerians never fail to amaze me.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2009
I think i'll also like to know those that matter.
Those who if they say they've given up on nigeria, then we should loose sleep.

If its the politicians, forget them o, they wont give up on Nigeria because they are gaining from all the chaos and corruption. Busy allocating government properties to themselves and sending their families on vacations at our expence.

how do you expect them to give up? Our graduates are running away to other countries to do menial jobs and be able to take care of those back home.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 12, 2009
samparian:

Are you guys annoyed that he's not in Nigeria or annoyed at his post? which one?

who are those that matter? Politicians? traditional rulers? we who stand under the sun and vote against PDP and yet they "win"?

Lol. . . thank goodness some people understand one of the problems we are facing with many nigerians. Simple question "who matters?" and one hopeless dude that believe christmas lights is a sign of development is barking like a dog with rabies.

How many ids does I_laugh have by the way?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by tombola: 6:59pm On May 12, 2009
I hear the Nuzo guy lost on opportunities with a few politicians in Nigeria, this is why he is bitter, he has nothing to do with love for Nigeria or anything like dat. He is an ibo boy who is bitter he hasnt has enough of the national cake, nothing more, nothing less.,

As if you cant read - Nuzo/Samparian

Those that matters have been defined, defined properly and you can never be counted amongst them, not even in the life to come.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 12, 2009
@i_laugh/akpangbo/tombola/mosun_ade/N-joy etc

Your multiple ids clearly describes who are; a fraudulent nigerian. The major reason nigeria is in bad light.
Like Elrazur have said; you aint worth my time.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 7:10pm On May 12, 2009
i will not stoop so low to your level of insulting someone on a thread where someone aired his personal views, asking us to comment on it.
Change your manners. its really degrading
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by tombola: 7:15pm On May 12, 2009
Nuzo/Samparian

Try other blackmailing attitudes, accusing me of multiple ids is an old strategy -
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 7:25pm On May 12, 2009
you should try reading my posts on this subject and see we share the same views.  I dont wait for the government to do anything for me.
I pay my taxes, yet i contribute money annually for road projects in my area.
almost every nigerian owns a generator. why?
when was the last time you tap in your compound flowed? dont you fetch water?
Dont you pay for security in your area?
We do all these things, which is alien to even benin republic, Togo and ghana. yet, we believe that our nation will one day regain its lost glory.

I remember in the 80's we used electric cookers, showers and we had our car windscreens cleaned at the petrol station by smiling attendants at deserted petrol stations. i weep sometimes
back then, i used ONE Naira one day to buy a bottle of coke and NASCO biscuits, and even got some spare change cry
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by redsun(m): 7:30pm On May 12, 2009
Honestly,it will be more like a suicidal move leaving the comfort of an organize society to that madness in nigeria but going back to play a positive role in one's country is worth any risk.

We are the nation builders and it is just the beginning not the end.Light will always outshine darkness.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by tombola: 7:41pm On May 12, 2009
@Redsun

I assume if you are not a "Naija Britico", you were born, raised and bred in the same madness, does it mean all your people are mad and over 120 million people live in madness hence they are mad?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by redsun(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2009
Honestly,compared to assumed sanity,that is pure insanity and i was part and parcel of it but ' m seeing it differently now.My father have always said it is  madness,i didn't get then until  i saw what he saw,his favorite name for obasanjo was chimp.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 12, 2009
redsun:

Honestly,compared to assumed sanity,that is pure insanity and i was part and parcel but ' m seeing it differently now.My father have always said it is madness,i didn't get then until i saw what he saw,his favorite name for obasanjo was chimp.

LOL cheesy
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On May 12, 2009
asha 80:

nigerians never fail to amaze me.

I am as amazed as you are !!!
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On May 12, 2009
samparian:

you should try reading my posts on this subject and see we share the same views. I dont wait for the government to do anything for me.I pay my taxes, yet i contribute money annually for road projects in my area.

almost every nigerian owns a generator. why?

when was the last time you tap in your compound flowed? dont you fetch water?

Dont you pay for security in your area?

We do all these things, which is alien to even benin republic, Togo and ghana. yet, we believe that our nation will one day regain its lost glory.

I remember in the 80's we used electric cookers, showers and we had our car windscreens cleaned at the petrol station by smiling attendants at deserted petrol stations. i weep sometimes

back then, i used ONE Naira one day to buy a bottle of coke and NASCO biscuits, and even got some spare change cry

tell em!!
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 3:39am On May 13, 2009
That a man is trapped in a war zone does not make the man a soldier grin
We're trapped in a mad society created by a few for their benefit, but it doesnt make us Mad men(though some of us are)

Nigerians are trapped in the geographical and political entity called Nigeria. If you were to go outside your street right now and conduct an opinion poll, you'll find out that many Nigerians want to flee at any cost. They believe that life beyond the border is better. And it is.

I'm Not asking for much from our government.

All i NEED is CONSTANT ELECTRICITY, GOOD ROADS, PIPE BORNE WATER, BETTER HEALTH CARE, SECURITY, QUALITY EDUCATION, thats all.

I aint asking for state of the art transportation and stuff, though its my my right to demand them. Just give me the above and you can steal till you die. i dont give two bleeps.

I was in Ghana a couple of years back with a Nigerian movie star and he voiced out his disappointment about the infrastructure in Nigeria after i drove him around Accra. That was his first visit to an African country. we spent two weeks on location in Pukuase, a village off Accra and there was nothing like black out or Lights off as Ghanaians call it.
I didnt blame him, i was stunned when i visited Ghana for the first time.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by TampaRays: 3:50am On May 13, 2009
samparian:

That a man is trapped in a war zone does not make the man a soldier grin
We're trapped in a mad society created by a few for their benefit, but it doesnt make us Mad men(though some of us are)

Nigerians are trapped in the geographical and political entity called Nigeria. If you were to go outside your street right now and conduct an opinion poll, you'll find out that many Nigerians want to flee at any cost. They believe that life beyond the border is better. And it is.

I'm Not asking for much from our government.

All i NEED is CONSTANT ELECTRICITY, GOOD ROADS, PIPE BORNE WATER, BETTER HEALTH CARE, SECURITY, QUALITY EDUCATION, thats all.

I aint asking for state of the art transportation and stuff, though its my my right to demand them. Just give me the above and you can steal till you die. i dont give two bleeps.

I was in Ghana a couple of years back with a Nigerian movie star and he voiced out his disappointment about the infrastructure in Nigeria after i drove him around Accra. That was his first visit to an African country. we spent two weeks on location in Pukuase, a village off Accra and there was nothing like black out or Lights off as Ghanaians call it.
I didnt blame him, i was stunned when i visited Ghana for the first time.
I was had my vacation in pokuasse some years back,,stayed in Joy Family lodged,,I don't know of now oo,,but the road network in Ghana was far far better than Nigeria.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 4:09am On May 13, 2009
thanks for the fact my brother.
And we get money pass Ghana. Imagine
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Thadude(m): 5:03am On May 13, 2009
Giving up on Nigeria is an old story! Nigeria has long given up on its citizens. It is second to Russia in world history.
Big for nothing, rich for nothing.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2009
lmao grin
i laughed so hard, i farted shocked
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by tombola: 9:40am On May 13, 2009
still the same answe- who gives the hell if you think Naija is a failed state, if you think it is madness or if you want to give up on it, that is a single opinion which is not worth the pages of the internent on which they are written talkless of spending any more moment convincing you or debating it with you.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by oluwdashmi(f): 11:49am On May 13, 2009
@ poster
Everyone keeps saying Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is this or that as if the country will take a new look authomatically. If you stay out there and talk down the country just like that, then who makes the change? Do you expect the country to change from ordinary posts on NL or where? And for those of you suggesting a civil war, will you instigate it and take the lead? I pray you don't perish with your families before the end of the war.

For all I care, anyone who likes should come back to Nigeria and anyone who cares should stay where he is, a day will come when you will be back in the country, probably when you die and your corpse in sent for burial, when change comes and you want to come and drink of the milk you never laboured for, when you are deported or the list is endless.

The so called abroad you die for has probs that varies. It is either they have swine flu, earthquake, tsunami, war, corruption too and all sort of, who cares where you choose to live, its your headache
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by kshow1(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2009
hhhmmm arguments and counter arguments.
Nigerian past and present leaders, have you seen what you have caused ? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by redsun(m): 3:13pm On May 13, 2009
Don't let the time pass u by.We are living in a dream world in the midst of practical reality,we are talking about simple things that shouldn't in any way be a problem to us but yet it seems like we are carrying the whole world on shoulders,simple things that spiders,soldier ants,birds,name it can do in their own world and existence.Things like,adaptability,innovations, organizations,coordination,resourcefulness,accountability,cooperation,wits,precedence,selflessness,u know,things that keep creatures alive and away from extinction,natural instincts.

There is a natural mystic blowing through the air and if u listen carefully,u will hear.All hail Bob Marley and all the real people of the world,past and present.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by samparian(m): 4:51pm On May 13, 2009
Bros na which levels again?
wrap that ganja, light am and pass on, make we high dey go grin
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by redsun(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2009
U got to wise up,best things in life are free.
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On May 13, 2009
oluwdashmi:

@ poster
Everyone keeps saying Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is this or that as if the country will take a new look authomatically. If you stay out there and talk down the country just like that, then who makes the change? Do you expect the country to change from ordinary posts on NL or where? And for those of you suggesting a civil war, will you instigate it and take the lead? I pray you don't perish with your families before the end of the war.

For all I care, anyone who likes should come back to Nigeria and anyone who cares should stay where he is, a day will come when you will be back in the country, probably when you die and your corpse in sent for burial, when change comes and you want to come and drink of the milk you never laboured for, when you are deported or the list is endless.

A couple of questions for you please. . . .
1) There are about 140 million Nigerians (140,000,000) living in Nigeria full time. Does Nigeria really need the (10,000,000) or more Nigerians abroad to come back for change to happen?
2) Does someone have to suggest that a religious riot take place before it can happen? The reason I ask is I happen to be one of those who mentioned that a civil war is not completely impossible given what we know of the discord between tribes and peoples in Nigeria to this day.

oluwdashmi:

The so called abroad you die for has probs that varies. It is either they have swine flu, earthquake, tsunami, war, corruption too and all sort of, who cares where you choose to live, its your headache

1) You mean sort of like AIDS existed abroad and now has a home in Nigeria? I am not exactly sure what mentioning all the UNCONTROLLABLES above have to do with anything. Can you please explain?
2) Isn’t it reasonable to assume that as long as humans exist, there will always be corruption, war, crime etc? I would think that by now we would understand and accept that we cannot completely do away with these but can measure success in how able we are in checking the problem?
Re: I May Give Up On Nigeria Soon by WarfyBoy(m): 12:29am On May 14, 2009
TALK TALK TALK TALK, SPEAK BIG GRAMMAR, ANALYS, AGENDALISE, ILLUSTRATE, MARGINALISE

NOOOOOOO SINGLE ACTION hiss

i go c wether mana go fal from heaven

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident / "Let’s Just Ban These Nigerians From Malaysia " Written By A Malaysian / Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.