Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,650 members, 7,951,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (336551 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks y'all for the cheering, it may look rather small but trust me I was so darn proud of myself. I had never done that before and I did it. Now other running is out to continue beating my time of 44.5mins.

For yesterday's logs

5 mins brisk walk warm up
44.5 min run/walk on the treadmill
5 mins on the stationary bike cool down
10 on the elliptical trainer

I was hungry and famished by the time I was done
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Food logs for the day

7:00am - 150g bread + 1 tbspn butter + 1 mug beverage

2:30pm - 1 can sprite drink + meatpie fillings grin (couldn't take the meatpie, I think its not done)

3:20pm - 1 cup jollof rice + a chicken bite

5:00pm - meatpie fillings

8:10pm - 1 slice bread + 1 tsp butter

10:00pm - 1 cup rice + 1 piece fish + 3 plantain

A new day of goals starts tomorrow. Have a nice weekend ahead.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
You too
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2012
Sunday 17th June

Jogging - 45mins , walking interval - 10 mins, cool down - 5 mins

@Oluite: good workout girl! lol at the cake 'that wasn't even sweet self'! Sometimes those treats look better than they taste grin

@house: Here's to a productive week achieving our goals. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by spidy0436: 8:35am On Jun 18, 2012
Yes, if you do daily exercise and make your food routine in a perfect manner, then you will definitely get the success in loosing the facts.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:30am On Jun 18, 2012
Monday 18th June

Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 - level 1

Hey house, hope everyone is doing ok?
Well I have been supporting my sister who lives in Naija with her weight loss and exercise plan, assisting her in drawing up a healthy eating plan/workout schedule and encouraging her. So far so good. Though she has quite a bit to lose, like at least 30kg. She has been so determined about losing the weight and getting back fit.

This weekend she told me she had been told about some wonder weight loss drug called' Hcg Ultra diet drops'.
It's the first I'd heard about it. Just doing a quick google search brings up all manners of success stories with reported weight loss of up to 25 pounds in a month! And it appears there are no side effects..hm. She just wanted to check with me as obviously it sounds really tempting if you have a lot to lose. Well in the UK for now, it hasn't become popular and I doubt it will take off as it has in the US as apparently it has not been backed by the medical bodies, and here medical stuff is more tightly regulated. My sister is based in naija and I just wanted to find out if it has become popular there and your thoughts about this.
I feel quite iffy and skeptical about this thing sha cos from what I read it is all about introducing hormones into your body....
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:55am On Jun 18, 2012
Today,

20 mins running interspersed with sprints
500 bike crunches
200 double hand asynchronous curls with 20kg
4 mins plank
weight lifting with 38 kg
crunches with medicine balls

HourG what's up?
Hello everyone!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oluite(f): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
babs2011: Sunday 17th June

Jogging - 45mins , walking interval - 10 mins, cool down - 5 mins

@Oluite: good workout girl! lol at the cake 'that wasn't even sweet self'! Sometimes those treats look better than they taste grin

@house: Here's to a productive week achieving our goals. smiley
Thanks.Yes o cake treat so tempting on the outside,nothing to offer on the inside. grin

Food Log
9.00am-6 crackers
1.00pm-3 piece plantain,1 serving rice,2 piece chicken
6.40pm-1 wrap semo, okra with stew,1 fish

Exercise
40mins brisk walk
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
Monday 18th pm:

Brisk walk- 45 mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2012
Tuesday 19th June

Running - 30mins
Walking - 10mins
Stretch- 5mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:04am On Jun 19, 2012
Today,

25 mins running interspersed with sprints
500 bike crunches
200 double hand asynchronous curls with 20kg
5 mins plank
crunches with medicine balls
40 push ups
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2012
yey all
good to be back here.
@HG: yaaaaayyyyy for you. Wow, you did it, ran your 5k.am so proud of you.
@babs:hmmmmmm, concerning the weightloss hormones, why not advice her to lose weight the healthier way which is what she is embarking on now. Its the safest and has more lasting results. I have never heard of the pill as i do not really care about weightloss pills. I have never been tempted to try any cos i always believe the come with side effects.

Yes, i am back now, even though my busy schedule almost made me to go off track but i refused it.
My goal this week is to log not less than 200 fitness minutes. Lets start from there and see how it goes.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
@ML: welcome back hun and good to see you in a determined frame of mind! It's easy to give into the busyness of life and shelve fitness away. Also thanks for your advice re: the weight loss drops. Luckily my sister is quite focused so didnt need much persuading about the dangers of this...she just gave that a fleeting thought and moved on. She is pressing on with doing it the healthy way, watching her food portions and exercising regularly.

@HG: hope you are ok luv?
@Agaba : it's beginning to feel like the old days... nice workout.
@oluite: trust you're doing good smiley

I feel like doing a roll call to some members of the house recently missing in action wink

Ronky- hope all is cool?
Modath - how now?
Uche - girl hope everything is fine.
Freshface- you disappeared on us, how far?
GenB - how's it going?
Burntcoal- where u dey?

Hope I've not missed anyone out!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
^^^^ All is cool oooo, was so busy towards the end of last week, so no exercise for me....

But yesterday, was 30 mins yoga for weight loss, it came in handy because my lower back was beginning to hurt, i so much love doing yoga. No exercise for me today, tomorrow will be full blown cardio[ By God's Grace]...45 mins at least.

Lost 3 pounds last week, with the food change i made, ate very little rice and covered the rest up with vegetables, potatoes and boiled plantain and beans....

If you want a difference on the scale, just reduce the rice intake...smiley smiley smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2012
...sigh.... hi evry1. bin a wil. ad exams plus oda stuffs. kk emm log...
6 laps dis morning,nd exercise for lower abs
food: bin avin problems eating dese days, jus lost my appetite n dnt no wat to eat or dnt feel like eatin dem.
breakfast: at bout 1pm or so. spaghetti just some
went out n walked a long distance bout 5 busstops or so was long sha
lunch: 1 pancake with little pieces of chicken n sauce
supper: cornflakes.. jus to help my appetit, i appple
dinner:rice n chiken.

yesterday
cant remember how many laps i tink 3 or four ten walked bout 3km or so
b4 brkfast: 1 cup of lipton witout milk or sugar n half tangerine
brkfast: at bout 2pm or so..little rice
lunch/ dinner: spaghetti
had evenin walk of bout 5 busstops. maybe 40mins or 35 mins.
drank water, ate 3 spns of spag n slept
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
Fab weight loss Ronky well done! smiley And nice tip about rice sha..it's the bain of my life, that and bread...hm tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2012
babs2011: Fab weight loss Ronky well done! smiley And nice tip about rice sha..it's the bain of my life, that and bread...hm tongue

My dear, that was just my resolution, i just made up my mind to eat rice just once a week....i will be eating rice tomorrow for lunch by God's Grace, and that is only because i will be doing 'cardio' exercises tomorrow.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
mightlove:
@HG: yaaaaayyyyy for you. Wow, you did it, ran your 5k.am so proud of you.

Those are really kind and encouraging words ML, I love you.

@HG: hope you are ok luv?

I have been fine my sister, eating like worm. Anyways I was involved with these passport stuff since yesterday, I was through today eventually and so always coming home too tired for comfort. The immigration office in my state has eight floors with the elevator spoilt since Adam, the passport office is on the 3rd floor but dem no born you well to talk when you get to that floor. Even the staff gets wary of it. uuufff, that was a workout for me, I did it with so much enthusiasm knowing that I may not be able to hit the gym yesterday and today. Even when I was pressed I went downstairs to use the toilet instead of the one on my floor, lol. But its ok, am through today so I should start something for myself 2mao.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2012
ronkebp:

If you want a difference on the scale, just reduce the rice intake...smiley smiley smiley

I know, there is something about rice and bread. I hope I can o, my problem is this my friends can eat rice 52 times in a day, so there is no way he will not eat it in any 2 days straight. Apart from the simple carb it is, it had never been my favorite even as a kid, its always been beans or yam. But now I have so ate rice I have serious gas palava with beans which was never my problem before now. There will always be a way around it, it is doable.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
taitee: ...sigh.... hi evry1. bin a wil. ad exams plus oda stuffs. kk emm log...
6 laps dis morning,nd exercise for lower abs
food: bin avin problems eating dese days, jus lost my appetite n dnt no wat to eat or dnt feel like eatin dem.
breakfast: at bout 1pm or so. spaghetti just some
went out n walked a long distance bout 5 busstops or so was long sha
lunch: 1 pancake with little pieces of chicken n sauce
supper: cornflakes.. jus to help my appetit, i appple
dinner:rice n chiken.

yesterday
cant remember how many laps i tink 3 or four ten walked bout 3km or so
b4 brkfast: 1 cup of lipton witout milk or sugar n half tangerine
brkfast: at bout 2pm or so..little rice
lunch/ dinner: spaghetti
had evenin walk of bout 5 busstops. maybe 40mins or 35 mins.
drank water, ate 3 spns of spag n slept

well done on everything taitte, the food and the exercise
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
Lemme speak for today's food logs, I have missed 2 days already.

Today's Logs

10:00am - 2 small satchets plantain chips

3:10pm - 2 3" sized pineapple

3:20pm - fist sized poundy + ewedu + 1 beef w/ 1 ponmon

8:45pm - 2 cups boiled rice + 1 fish in stew + 3 plantain

Good water today

Yesterday I was at a diagnostic centre and I had to weigh (it was in the afternoon after lunch), it was 79kg, I don't know what the last one was, so I am not sure if am moving forward or backward. Anyways I have changed my mind, this month end I am going to get another scale for myself, its one that also measures body fat (don't know how accurate that is anyways but am getting it as a reward for the 5k). I must be celebrated for my successes this year 2012

Tomorrow will be good, wish me luck.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
Hour_Glass:

I know, there is something about rice and bread. I hope I can o, my problem is this my friends can eat rice 52 times in a day, so there is no way he will not eat it in any 2 days straight. Apart from the simple carb it is, it had never been my favorite even as a kid, its always been beans or yam. But now I have so ate rice I have serious gas palava with beans which was never my problem before now. There will always be a way around it, it is doable.

My dear, rice is my best food, my hubby cannot live a day without eating rice, i just noticed that the weeks i ate rice and exercised had no difference on the scale, i just made up my mind not to eat rice or eat it once a week....even if you are going to eat rice, make sure you have eaten to your fill, so the remaining part will be a crave for rice, what i do is just eat 3 tea spoons of rice, just to do away with the cravings, and i eat fruits always.
Try not to eat rice and bread for a whole weak, substitute it with potatoes and plantain, you can have yam peppersoup and it should not be more than 3-cubed yams with lots of fish, eat moi-moi, and beans, with this your exercise levels....at the end of the week....just weigh your self you will see a drastic change, i have done it 3 different times now, and i am enjoying the result, imagine detoxing with all the fibers and vegetables in your systems, it will be a total cleanse. smileysmiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2012
hmmn rice...buh i guess spag is still okay rite? @hourglass tanks. im actually begining to feel fit. plus ve lost a lot of weigt. emm does eating almost immediately after u workout make u fatter or spoil d show? cos rite now im eatin an apple after 19mins of taebo cardio fitness exercise n some lower abs exercise n im wondering if im supposd 2 be doing dat

way 2 go evry1. ur logs r really encouraging! wow pple actually work out.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2012
taitee: emm does eating almost immediately after u workout make u fatter or spoil d show? cos rite now im eatin an apple after 19mins of taebo cardio fitness exercise n some lower abs exercise n im wondering if im supposd 2 be doing dat

of course you should do that, what else to do is to know what you are eating. There is need to always re-fuel after workout but refueling with ice cream or doughnut and coke is where the sabotage starts.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2012
Wed 20th June

Running - 30 mins
Walking/ cool down stretch - 6 mins

@taitee: spaghetti is still in the same boat as rice, bread and pasta too. grin all in moderation is the motto with this lot lol!

@HG: yeah purchasing a good scale for yourself is in order jare... Best to stick with one scale for your weigh in for consistency and sanity sake!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2012
600 bike crunches
200 synchronous curls with 20kg
5 mins planks
10 mins run
200 seated oblique twist with 30kg
20 seated oblique with 40kg
others
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
all the best HG, here is wishing u the best of luck. And you truly deserve that reward oh for your achievement.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2012
agabaI23: 600 bike crunches
200 synchronous curls with 20kg
5 mins planks
10 mins run
200 seated oblique twist with 30kg
20 seated oblique with 40kg
others

wow, what can I say. Always impressing me.

Today is good day.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2012
Hour_Glass:

wow, what can I say. Always impressing me.
I have always impressed you darling wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
agabaI23:
I have always impressed you darling wink

Don't even go there, I know what you did last summer to 'dem'.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by oluite(f): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thank you Babs grin
Hello everyone,

Food Log

9.00am -1 orange
12.00pm- 1 cracker
1.30pm-1 serving beans,1.5 serving rice,2 chicken,3 plantain
Dinner-will get home late so will be fruits or something really light.

Exercise
15mins-1000 skips,i moved around
25mins-Brisk walk

The rice thing is so true,tried it once when i couldn't exercise maintained my weight for the duration.Only thing is i have to eat beans with either bread or rice to cushion the beans effect on my system lipsrsealed preferably rice cos i don't really like bread.Then i will rather have rice than solids for lunch.I have to think on how to reduce the rice though.Thanks @Ronke
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2012
19 mins taebo cardio fitness exercise n some exercises for my abs...
brkfast: 1 apple,water, perelni(little pieces of chicken wrapped in water,salt n flour mixture)
lunch/dinner: 2 noodles cookd wit carrot,crayfish egg n onions
n.b @ really dnt feel fine....guess ve bin overstressd or workd out 2 much
@agabe123 dats really cool ur abs must really be talking for demselves...

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (230) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.