Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,428 members, 7,891,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:50 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (332818 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2012
Wed 8th August

Tae Bo Fat Blasting Cardio - 45 mins

@HG: that's a true observation and one that shows how sedentary our lifestyles have become causing all the excess weight. I remember used to trek to my school then about 45 mins walk every day under the hot blazing sun! Now one has to consciously create such activities/exercise opportunities...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by bukatyne(f): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Of course am not speaking Efik now, or it sounds like Ibibio?

Anyways, what am trying to say is that you should not try to loose weight in just one place on your body. It does not work that way, you can only tone an area. So if you are out to one your already flat tummy, you can do as many crunches as you want.
Please try to read up earlier posts, you will gain a lot.
thanks! however, my tummy is not flat, i'm gettin there n u didn't answer my initial question. does situps reduce one's bum?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hour_Glass: Good morning @all, I just remembered something I wanted to share yesterday. Its the fact that atimes some things are given/or earned by those who do not value it. Have you ever checked those abokis pushing water cart or off loading cement whenever they are n.aked? You see 6 - 8 packs, they are so toned and ripped. You see a well toned body, they don't even know what abs means not to talk of a 6 pack. Here we are running up and down just to have 1 abi na 4 pack sef. This life na wa. Just a way of digression.

Morning.
15 minutes jump rope

this is so funny...you are so right, sometimes it is good to maintain what you have, beacuse when you loose it, it is hard to get it back, used to be 135-140 pounds before i got married, omo now i am crying and trying to go back to that weight and to think that i never really cherished it, despite all the compliments i got. But anyways, i will reach there whether the body likes it or not.smiley smiley smiley.

Logs for yesterday...50 minutes Zumba dance....loved it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
bukatyne: does situps reduce one's bum?

No it does not.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by hazelle: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
I think I've joined this thread before but this time I'm serious. I won't exercise as much as y'all though....yup, I'm lazy like that.cheesy But I'll try. So, to the introduction.

Hi, my name is Hazelle. I'm currently 64kg and about 5'4"(I know that doesn't seem so much but I have a lot of extra fat). I want to lose 9kg and maintain it till the end of the year. My log will start tomorrow.

Thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
hmmn
brkfast: bread n eggs...just 1 cooked it wit tomatoes pepper nd fish but no oil
lunch: potatoes nd fried eggs wit oil nw
dinner: moimoi

exercise: burnt 200 calories on d threadmill, triceps with 3kg, biceps wit 4kg, shrugs with 6kg, shoulder raises with 3kg, hip adductor machine, nd some oda exercises
hmmmn den i trekd 2dae ehhh total of about 3hrs or almost...hmn i tire oh
im sure dat icecream don burn finish...@hg give urself a treat oh den work it out.
@HAZELLE wellcome on board!
@ronke u will make it oh! me ve bin on d big side for a long time. fat at first den ireduced n became just okay but nw im goin 2 D THIN SIDE lemme taste hw it feels
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 8:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hi yall,
Only ate 2small noodles and plenty ponmo.
1.8litres of water.
Still gonna drink more anyway.
5kg dumbbell (30times)
Leg stretch (30times)
20mins walk
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:18am On Aug 09, 2012
hazelle:
Hi, my name is Hazelle. I'm currently 64kg and about 5'4"(I know that doesn't seem so much but I have a lot of extra fat). I want to lose 9kg and maintain it till the end of the year. My log will start tomorrow.

Thanks.

You are welcome Hazelle, join the wagon and be consistent.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kefidoh(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
Hi,
My name is Kefidoh. I'm currently 98kg. I'm 5ft 8. My target is losing 15kg in 4 months.

45mins of jogging, walking and skipping this morning.

10.15 little jollof rice for breakfast.
12.45 cucumber
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
Welcome Kofidor and Hazelle, i hope you meet your goals soon.

logs for yesterday: Actually no exercise for me, just did 200 belly crunches and 200 bicycle crunches, had pounded yam and okro soup and was feeling too heavy...omo i just lay down and crunched-up. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
welcome kefido...its gud 2 see new members.
pple ve lost 7kg thus far nd squeezed myself into my bmi range bu d remainin weight is refusing 2 budge. guess my body is used 2 d exercise pls i nid more radical ways 2 lose dis weight xcept starvin sha...dnt no ow 2 do dat 1. ny ideas?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ Taitee, it happened to me like 3 months ago, for 6-8 weeks did not loose anything, so i guessed my body was used to my exercise routine and the way i ate, so i took it slow...and would not exercise some weeks and fall back into exercising, last week i was down 2 pounds may be because of the braids i loosed smiley but i never gained any weight, even the weeks i don't exercise, this week i want to just burn calories, and see what the scale says. So i will suggest you eat more calories, change your exercises around a little bit, shuffle things up and see what happens.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
ronkebp:
no exercise for me, just did 200 belly crunches and 200 bicycle crunches,

did you say no exercise, so what do you call the above o. Well done anyways.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
taitee:
pple ve lost 7kg thus far nd squeezed myself into my bmi range

Great news taitee, you can do it love.

Just like aronky said, all you need is to change something, the scale starts moving again.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
I am supposed to be resting today but I need to log a remainder of a 30 mins cardio today, so I have a 15mins jump rope at home tonight. Its a must sha.
Today is my measurement day and I had an inch gone everywhere, that is more than 5 inches, I will write out the analysis later. But I was most impressed with my calf, my thigh and my neck. My upper arm did not bulge, I know that Christian Mother is very stubborn, we shall soon see na.

Lemme also keep you salivating, I am eating yam pottage in veggies and fish + plantain tonight.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
Played footy today but I was putting every foot wrong shocked
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
agabaI23: Played footy today but I was putting every foot wrong shocked

What were you thinking? tongue grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
Areas/Old measurement/New measurement/difference(all in inches)

Waist/35.5/34.5/1"
Hips/42.5/41.5/1"
Thigh/26/25.5/0.5"
Upper Arm/13/13/0"
Neck/15.5/14/1.5"
Calf/15.5/14.7/0.8"

That is 4.8" in all, yaaay.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Hour_Glass: Areas/Old measurement/New measurement/difference(all in inches)

Waist/35.5/34.5/1"
Hips/42.5/41.5/1"
Thigh/26/25.5/0.5"
Upper Arm/13/13/0"
Neck/15.5/14/1.5"
Calf/15.5/14.7/0.8"

Correct.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2012

Waist/35.5/34.5/1"
Hips/42.5/41.5/1"
Thigh/26/25.5/0.5"
Upper Arm/13/13/0"
Neck/15.5/14/1.5"
Calf/15.5/14.7/0.8"

great job girl.....you have still not told us, the other part of your workout oooo wink wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
hey hourglass, so we both av almost the same statistics just that ma hips is 44inchz and my thigh is 27inchz.
Not much exercise 2day
20mins brisk walking
a bowl of cornflakes and 4 spoons of milk and 4 cubes of sugar. i cant do much cos of cramps
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
ronkebp:

great job girl.....you have still not told us, the other part of your workout oooo wink wink
you first
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
Hour_Glass:

What were you thinking? tongue grin
thinking about ur love wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:13am On Aug 10, 2012
This thread.

Can't wait for school to start and for me to get back on my exercise routine. I am currently in lazy mode sad
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 10:38am On Aug 10, 2012

Waist/35.5/34.5/1"
Hips/42.5/41.5/1"
Thigh/26/25.5/0.5"
Upper Arm/13/13/0"
Neck/15.5/14/1.5"
Calf/15.5/14.7/0.8"

way to go HG! guess i shld go measuring 2
@ronke and hg tanks. ill jus take a little rest remove "iet" from "diet" for a little while den return with hugging my taebo.
@ileke-idi gud 2 av u bak....jus dnt let lazy mode last foreva plus watch ur calories nd try walkin
simababe: hey hourglass, so we both av almost the same statistics just that ma hips is 44inchz and my thigh is 27inchz.
Not much exercise 2day
20mins brisk walking
a bowl of cornflakes and 4 spoons of milk and 4 cubes of sugar. i cant do much cos of cramps

@simababe are u sure ur eating enuf? plus u sld try 2 reduce ur sugar intake cos almost evrytin ends as sugar(glucose) in d body
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
angry

Bad News: The last of Elliptical Trainer spoilt at the gym, one Heavy Dee spoilt it two days ago. My gym is so useless that almost all the machine are spoilt without maintenance or repairs. Is there anything the government can do correctly in this country? Don't even advise me to take on the private ones, they are costly and less space and small machines and with more restriction on your timing. I really need to start dusting my DVDs, its so frustrating and discouraging. Friendly workers though but no be that one I go chop o. Ish!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
Exercise Logs for today.

20 mins running on the treadmill
30+ mins for the weights today (lower body). It was full of squats too, nice workout I was shaking all over when I was done.

About my food logs, sorry for not updating, I had been logging from the fone since today.

Barbie, ave I seen you today?

Thanks y'all for encouraging me. Ilekedi, please don't be a conditioned exerciser o. Do something wherever you are, no matter how small.

Agaby love, thanks for thinking aboume, but pls stop letting it affect you that way.

Aronky, secret is still in warmer, I hope it doesnt go stale by the time I bring it out. Lol.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by hazelle: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
7:45am -200 skips, 50 situps, 50 bicycle crunches, 10 minutes stationary bike, 30 lifts of 5kg dumbbells on each arm
10am- breakfast; medium sized bowl of rice
3pm- 2 okay slices of cake(it's my sister's birthday)
didn't have dinner.....but that's normal. I can't eat 3 times in one day.
total water intake- between 1.5-2 litres
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2012
hazelle: I can't eat 3 times in one day.

Yes you can even more, if you can control yourself and keep them truly small. Well done on your workouts too.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2012
log for yesterday
brkfast: boiled potato nd egg
lunch: same
dinner: one really sweet bread stuff...dint know it had so much sugar i had already bought it so i knew i already had enuf calories for 1 day so i ate a little watermelon drank water nd forgot bout food 4 d rest of d day

exercise for 2day
burnt bout 120 or more calories on threadmill, walked to and from d gym bout 50 mins in all, shrugs with 6kg, tricep xtensions with 3kg, shoulder raises wit 3kg, sit ups, hip adductn, n 2 oda exercises. did bout 3 sets of 15 reps for most of d exercises, den 3mins plus on stationary bike. iwas tired jo. i av bout 2 hrs or so left in d gym den im dustin my running shoes...by God's grace nd hitting d tracks. time 2 get radical
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2012
ehen...
@hourglass, babs, ronke i tot we declared a no-rice war on our food timetables.....im nt seeing d tales of victory oh. instead im seeing enuf rice especially on hg's logs....wat happend?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by hazelle: 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
@hourglass thanks, i suppose i can. Maybe i'll start by introducing fruits in between meals. And the workout bit.........gracias grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.