Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,002 members, 7,927,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:46 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread (90307 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Cristalz(f): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2009
Krayola, you're back on.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2009
Cristalz:

Krayola, you're back on.

oga MOD
na why u ban em before?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2009
Madam Khanye grin

Nor be me ban am, na spam bot. sad
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2009
wat aqquann??why cant we keep eto now?ibra would do well in barca but i like Eto.
watever,i cant wait for season to start,i want to be happy again, forza barca.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kokonets(m): 10:35am On Jul 20, 2009
If the deal has been finalized, then we ave 2 deal wit it but I just hope Barca is not making a mistake with this deal.

Up Barca!!!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2009

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 11:20am On Jul 20, 2009

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola(m): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ Cristalz Thank u smiley
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Cristalz(f): 11:30pm On Jul 20, 2009
Glad I could be of help. wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2009
So how d deal go be now,as etoo accepted is goin 2 inter.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 11:42am On Jul 21, 2009
Kray, who ban u?

Has that eto and ibra deal been sealed? Abeg make them do sharp make we heard word.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
[size=14pt]Samuel Eto'o Demands Surpass Inter Offer[/size]

[b]This evening negotiations took place between Inter and the agent of Samuel Eto'o, Jose Mesalles, as the two sides look to come to an agreement regarding the player's transfer to the Giuseppe Meazza.

The Cameroon star looks set to join Inter as part of a swap deal that will send striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the opposite direction to Barcelona, but apparently the two parties are quite a distance apart, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

The Nerazzurri have offered Eto'o €9 million per season plus a number of bonuses, but the former Mallorca player is looking for a better offer. He is reportedly demanding €12 million per season for five years - a contract that would make him the highest paid player in football.

Negotiations are expected to continue tomorrow, with the presence of Inter president Massimo Moratti. The club patron has already stated that he is confident that Eto'o and Inter will come to a mutual agreement.

The 28-year-old was once again prolific last season, scoring 36 goals in all competitions, including the winning goal in the Champions League final against Manchester United[/b]

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/07/20/1394136/samuel-etoo-demands-surpass-inter-offer-report
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by mukina2: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2009
i hope you guys beat spuds sha grin and by 10 or 15 goals . .no worries Gomes is a bigger basket that Valdez grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
Guardiola: Eto'o Must Leave Barcelona
The Barcelona coach has spoken over the transfer rumpus surrounding both players and he admits he will not sign Ibrahimovic if the Cameroon striker stays as he tries to tell Eto'o to go.
coach Pep Guardiola is pushing Samuel Eto'o towards Inter, but he admits it will not be a problem if the striker decides to stay at the Camp Nou.

Reports suggest a deal has been struck by both the Catalan giants and the Nerazzurri. The Italians will receive around €48million plus Eto'o in exchange for Ibrahimovic. The ball is now in the players court and it's now down to Eto'o to kick his move forward.

Guardiola's words suggest he wants the Cameroon star to move to Inter for the good of all at Barcelona, but he admits there will be no rumpus if the move doesn't take off.

"I think it would be the best for Barcelona if Eto'o does leave and his sale is my decision. I think it's time to change after all that we have won," Guardiola told Sky Sport Italia.

"Inter have the money to make Eto'o happy, but if he wants to stay then I will have no problem with that.

"Everything depends on Eto'o. He has the right to evaluate Inter's offer and make a decision."

Guardiola admits that Ibrahimovic will not arrive unless Eto'o goes, despite earlier claims from president Joan Laporta who said the Sweden striker would arrive regardless of whether Eto'o stayed on. The coach also explained there are no reasons for the decision to sell.

"If Samuel stays then we will continue with him and without Ibrahimovic," added the coach.

"Ibrahimovic is a different player to Eto'o and he is world-class too.

"Everything depends on Eto'o. I understand that people are looking for reasons why [he should leave].

"Samuel is a wonderful player and he did so well last year. Samuel has his character, his personality makes him what he is.

"There is not a single major reason for this decision. It is a matter of feeling and sensations. It's just that after winning the so much, we must change the squad, that's all, there are no other reasons.

"It is my responsibility to decide who I want to play and I made that decision. It would have been easier not to take it but I think it's best for the team and for the club. I am grateful to Samuel. He has been fantastic."

It appears as if the move is now hanging on Eto'o's hinges as talks progress. Reports claim Eto'o's agent is expected to meet with Inter in order to discuss his terms.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
Edmilson: Eto'o Is Better Than Ibrahimovic
The ex-Barca defender can't fathom why his former club want to offload the quicksilver Cameroonian.

Veteran defender Jose Edmilson has heaped praise on former teammate Samuel Eto’o, and has criticized Barcelona’s decision to sell the striker as part of the Zlatan Ibrahimovic transfer.

The Brazilian spent four seasons at the Camp Nou from 2004-08 and witnessed first-hand the ability of Eto’o, and the 33-year-old, who now plies his trade with Palmeiras, has stated his disbelief that his former club want to off-load the dynamic forward in order to land Ibrahimovic.

Speaking on radio program Ona FM, Edmilson said of Eto’o, “I am very surprised, because he [Eto’o] is the best in the world.

“He is good in front of goal, has presence in the area and has great speed. He was an excellent companion to motivate people. I don’t know if this is because of a problem with the coach, but I believe he is the best striker at Barcelona.”

Furthermore, Edmilson continued by saying that he does not believe the offer of €45 million plus Eto’o and Aliaksandr Hleb for Ibrahimovic represents value for money, and the former Lyon star is in little doubt as to who the superior frontman is.

“I would not change anybody for [Samuel] Eto’o. He is much more of a player than [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic. It seems that Pep Guardiola wants a different player.”

The deal bringing the Swedish forward to the Camp Nou, with Eto’o and Hleb moving in the other direction, could be completed within the next 24 hours.
===========================
I tried passing the message above accross to one nitwit of a sport presenter via phone this morning.
I hope the whole issue gets resolved amicably, I love Eto'o and i pray the best for him.
BTW,
khanye,let's chat via YIM
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2009
mukina2:

i hope you guys beat spuds sha grin and by 10 or 15 goals . .no worries Gomes is a bigger basket that Valdez grin

ok tongue

@ IFELEKE

U can buzz me now, just dey log on
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
A total of 28 players fly off to London today (Tuesday) to begin their preseason preparations. The treble holders will be staying in Marlow, near London, where they will take part in twice daily training sessions and play two friendlies.

The 28 players travelling to London include 17 from the senior squad (Valdés, Pinto, Jorquera, Martín Cáceres, Víctor Sánchez, Henrique, Maxwell, Márquez, Abidal, Keita, Touré, Gudjohnsen, Hleb, Bojan, Henry, Messi and Pedro) plus 11 from the reserve and youth squads (Oriol, Dalmau, Montoya, Fontàs, Muniesa, Espasandín, Rueda, Santos, Jeffren, Rochina and Gai).
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by scantee(m): 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ barc fans
i hel all of una, make una continue to be updating us in any new development of lovery club.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2009
What is the 411?we are kickstarting our preseason without our major players,no xavi,inesta,eto,puyol,pique,busquets,alves and millito.
this is another opportunity for PEP to show his technical ability.its not the quality of stars u assembly in your squad that really matters,its how well u can manage and use them in the right position that makes u a good coach.the likes of hleb,gudjhonson and caceres have their destiny in their on own hands while team B bois like gia,muniesa,jeffren etc would wanna forcefully push their way through into the first team.it will be an intresting game because tottenham are not push over at all.
pls where are we gonna watch the match?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2009
[size=14pt]Report: Barcelona Star Samuel Eto’o Agrees Inter Terms[/size]
[b]
The Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Samuel Eto’o transfer saga is nearing the finishing line after the Barcelona hitman agreed a five-year deal with Inter last night, according to Sky Sport.

President Massimo Moratti met with the player’s agent, Josep Maria Mesalles, at the club’s new headquarters in Corso Vittorio Emanuele, and it is suggested that Eto’o himself helped break the deadlock.

La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Eto’o talked with Inter technical director Marco Branca on the phone in the afternoon, saying he was enthusiastic about joining the Biscione. Indeed, Eto'o also reportedly stated that he is ready to bring the Champions League trophy back to the San Siro.

As a matter of fact, the striker has supposedly agreed to tie his bonuses to Inter’s achievements, rather than personal ones.

Eto’o has apparently demanded a €2 million bonus for any trophy won by Inter over the next five years. This will come on top of his wages of €10m-per-season.

Inter have failed to win Europe’s premier club competition since 1965, but Eto’o has already lifted ‘the big-eared cup’ twice at Barca.[/b]
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2009
Inter Are 'Optimistic' About Acquiring Samuel Eto'o - Gabriele Oriali

The transfer sags will continue, as more meetings are scheduled between the Blaugrana striker's representative and the Nerazzurri,

Negotiations for the mega-deal that would see Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o and Inter talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic swap clubs continues as the Nerazzurri look to meet the demands of the Cameroon star.

With a 'deal in principle' allegedly agreed at the club level, it is now up to the players to come to personal terms with their potential new outfits to complete the transfer.

On Monday evening, reports indicated that the initial meeting between Jose Mesalles, the agent of Samuel Eto'o, and Inter's Marco Branca revealed some distance between the two parties. The former Mallorca star would like €12 million per season, but the Italians offered €9 million plus certain bonuses.

Director Gabriele Oriali is nonetheless confident a deal will be made in the near future, as further negotiations are scheduled.

"We are working on it, we met with the agent of Eto'o again and we will meet again tonight, maybe tomorrow too," he revealed to Italian news agency Ansa.

"How will it end? You must always be optimistic in life."

The press in Italy now suggest that the gap between the player's demands and Inter's offer has been decreased and a deal could even be announced by this evening.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
@khanye u too try, see how messi dey score lik sai na beans.
the boi is explosive.ibeg where we go fit watch our match now?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by biina: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
I just gbadun d way samuel dey deal with una ungrateful behind. I beg give my guy him pepper quick quick  cheesy
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/07/22/1397454/report-samuel-etoos-6m-demand-threatens-to-scupper-inter

€75m for Ibrahimovic!  shocked dat ur president too dey drink shekpe tongue grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by RuuDie(m): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2009
Guardiola = p****sy

angry angry angry
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 4:08am On Jul 23, 2009
If Eto'o forces another season at barca I'm goin to lose my mind. na by force?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by biina: 4:16am On Jul 23, 2009
Krayola2:

If Eto'o forces another season at barca I'm goin to lose my mind. na by force?
You guys messed with the wrong guy.
Seems eto'o is really gonna Bleep up your plans for next season and then leave for free next summer grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 7:21am On Jul 23, 2009
biina:

You guys messed with the wrong guy.
Seems eto'o is really gonna mess up your plans for next season and then leave for free next summer grin

Duh!! Ibraz agent is already in Barcelona looking for a house. The deal has been sealed but has not been officially announced. Ibracadabra, Omo wahala go happen this season. smiley
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by biina: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2009
eyonigger:

Duh!! Ibraz agent is already in Barcelona looking for a house. The deal has been sealed but has not been officially announced. Ibracadabra, Omo wahala go happen this season. smiley
Ibra for €75m will be the worst deal of this summer and possibly the century.
If you don't sell eto'o, he will dent your finances as you will be spending an unprojected €80m+.
your president bleeped up.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by RuuDie(m): 9:15am On Jul 23, 2009
Meeen. . . . hearing this Ibra-deal makes me wanna puke.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2009
Nawa o!why pple won swallow panadol for another person's headache?
ETO deserves better no doubt but we have not really maltreated him that much,afterall he was offered a contract extension and he refused to put pen to papper because of his wages.ETO is our hero,i love him alot and he has written his name on gold in barcelona's history, we say thank u a bunch and we will miss u, a single player cannot be powerful than a club like barcelona.pep knows best i suppose,cos we won treble when we offloaded Ronaldinho,deco,edmilson,zambrotta,etcetc.so without eto we will win 5 trophies this season.our collective talents is way way stronger than any club in Europe.no amount of millions that would buy u the inbuilt talent we gathered,u can ask madrid if big money can win u TREBLE.i like ibra physical domination in opponent 18yards box,he is a good player and he will score more goals than eto, with inesta,xavi,henry and mercilessy messi dead strikers like owen and rashidi yakeni would score plenty goals , lol.

All thing being equal, we shall be welcoming ibra the magician tomorrow,and frabegas should be next as wenger has decided to ruin his entire football career for him without winning any major trophy, its only fair they allow him to come back home(sweet home)
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2009
Bye Bye Eto, Welcome Ibra cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.