Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,002 members, 7,927,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:46 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread (90307 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2009
ogazi007:

Nawa o!why pple won swallow panadol for another person's headache?
ETO deserves better no doubt but we have not really maltreated him that much,afterall he was offered a contract extension and he refused to put pen to papper because of his wages.ETO is our hero,i love him alot and he has written his name on gold in barcelona's history, we say thank u a bunch and we will miss u, a single player cannot be powerful than a club like barcelona.pep knows best i suppose,cos we won treble when we offloaded Ronaldinho,deco,edmilson,zambrotta,etcetc.so without eto we will win 5 trophies this season.our collective talents is way way stronger than any club in Europe.no amount of millions that would buy u the inbuilt talent we gathered,u can ask madrid if big money can win u TREBLE.i like ibra physical domination in opponent 18yards box,he is a good player and he will score more goals than eto, with inesta,xavi,henry and mercilessy messi dead strikers like owen and rashidi yakeni would score plenty goals , lol.

All thing being equal, we shall be welcoming ibra the magician tomorrow,and frabegas should be next as wenger has decided to ruin his entire football career for him without winning any major trophy, its only fair they allow him to come back home(sweet home)
I couldn't have said it better.
I initially didnt want to add my personal comments to the whole transfer saga because i know i will be unduly biased, I love Eto'o so much and I will definately grieve for his departure but life must move on.
I will now make it a duty to always see Inter's matches because of him.
Players come players go. . .fare thee well Eto'o(you will always remain the best in my heart), welcome Ibracadabra.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 10:04am On Jul 24, 2009
Samuel Eto'o To Sign Inter Contract On Monday - Report
The Cameroon international is expected in Milan for his medical and he will sign his new deal next week, according to Sky Sport Italia,

Inter will present Samuel Eto'o with his mega contract on Monday following the latest talks held in Milan today.

The Nerazzurri added the finishing touches to Eto'o's five year deal during a two hour meeting this morning.

Sporting director Marco Branca, director Lele Oriali and finance chief Rinaldo Ghelfi thrashed out the final agreement with Eto'o's agent Josep Maria Mesalles.

The Cameroon international will earn €10.5million per season plus bonuses related to Inter's success next term. The move will see him pocket an extra €500,000 compared to his reported €10m demands.

Sky Sport Italia claim the Nerazzurri and Mesalles are delighted with the outcome of today's talks but the quartet did not give any interviews as they left the club's Milanese headquarters.

Mesalles is now expected to fly back to Barcelona to tie up a few outstanding details with the Spanish club this weekend. Following this, Eto'o will travel to Milan on Monday in order to have his medical and sign for the champions.

Update 19:06 CET: Mesalles has now confirmed the deal has been agreed and Eto'o will arrive as reported earlier.

"We are happy and satisfied with the negotiations and our negotiations with Inter are finished," Measalles told the press.

"The player is happy with the outcome. The only problem is with Barcelona and the loyalty bonus.

"The player may arrive on Monday or Tuesday to work with Inter. It's not official yet, but the agreement with Inter has been made. It's a five year deal with Inter."
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2009
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Warns Inter, See You In The Champions League Final

The striker has become the enemy already, hoping to be Inter's opponent in next season's top European final,

Barcelona-bound Zlatan Ibrahimovic is hoping he meets Inter in the Champions League final in May as his mega transfer draws towards a conclusion.

The striker is heading for Barcelona after leaving the Nerazzurri's USA training retreat last night. 'Ibra' is full of confidence and believes that la Blaugrana will clash with the Italians in next season's final.

"Inter, I will see you in the Champions League final," the striker told Sweden-based paper Aftonbladet.

Ibrahimovic is expected to stop at his home in Malmo before flying to Barcelona to tie up the deal.

The striker will join the European champions in the deal that will see a reported €48 million plus Eto'o and Aliaksandr Hleb head to Inter. The latter will arrive at the San Siro on a loan deal.

The move is not official yet, but reports suggest an announcement from the clubs may arrive as soon as Monday. It appears as if Ibrahimovic is already wearing the Barcelona shirt following his latest comments.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2009
Samuel Eto'o - Zlatan Ibrahimovic Deal Is Complete - Barcelona Director Oliver
Barcelona director Joan Oliver has announced the deal that will see Samuel Eto'o join Inter, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic head to Barcelona is all wrapped up. All that remains are the players signatures, Barcelona have confirmed an accord has been reached between both clubs and with the players. The Blaugrana have also hinted that Ibrahimovic may be unveiled on Monday.Oliver, who left Inter's offices after completing the deal told Sky Sport Italia, "The deal between both clubs is done. That goes for [Aliaksandr] Hleb too."

The Barcelona director has been thrashing out final details in Milan, and he will now return to the Spanish city in order to present Ibrahimovic with the transfer documents.one final brick needs to be laid for the deal to become concrete and that is the signature block
Barcelona's Txiki Begiristain has also confirmed the deal is in place and Ibrahimovic needs to put pen to paper.
"We have an agreement with the player and with Inter, and we are now preparing the documents," Begiristain told Sport.es.
"The transfer paper is in Milan as our directors there are negotiating it with Inter. We are trying to do things as fast as possible and he [Ibrahimovic] could be unveiled on Monday."
It is suggested both clubs will announce the deal as official once both men sign and rubber stamp their respective contracts.
Hleb reportedly joins Inter as part of the Maxwell deal that was struck last week.
It is said Barcelona will pay Inter €48million plus give them Eto'o in return for Ibrahimovic. The exact details are likely to surface once the deal becomes officia,

i hope he put pen to paper on monday, madrid are in trouble(abracadabra).he will cause destruction, chei.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by RuuDie(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2009
Goodluck Eto'o. . . . our African hero.

Am just annoyed becuz i feel a player like Eto'o should play for teams that play vintage, enterprising, pleasing-to-watch football like Barca, Arsenal, Zenith, UTD etc.
I really don't just fancy him playing under a manager like JM. . . .
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ruudie! that is game of footie for u,even if he didnot do well in inter eto has shown he is one of the deadliest striker on planet earth.
he will surely do well in searia A,but too bad he wont win CL as barca is ready to defend the trophy till next two seasons, we are greedy, lol.

my barca fans! hope u guys would be watching our first preseason match, best of luck and pls cal to update me o!i no fit shout
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by biina: 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2009
ogazi007:

@ruudie! that is game of footie for u,even if he didnot do well in inter eto has shown he is one of the deadliest striker on planet earth.
he will surely do well in searia A,but too bad he wont win CL as barca is ready to defend the trophy till next two seasons, we are greedy, lol.

my barca fans! hope u guys would be watching our first preseason match, best of luck and pls cal to update me o!i no fit shout
defend UCL? not even in your wildest dreams. The best you can hope for is a finals appearance.
Nobody can defend the modern day UCL. Never been done, and wont be for years to come.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2009
biina:

defend UCL? not even in your wildest dreams. The best you can hope for is a finals appearance.
Nobody can defend the modern day UCL. Never been done, and wont be for years to come.
Wait until we successfully defend this title before you make comments like that.We are not just any team, We are the team!.

@RuuDie
All we can do for Eto'o is to wish him well under Jose.
I love him and i know he's going to turn the fortunes of Inter around with his deadly strikes.
Players come Players go. . .
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by edoyad(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2009
Only a dreamer would even begin to assume that Eto + 48m + Hleb = Zlatan. This is the worst deal since chelsea and shevy. It looks like fraud and this is from the same man that criticised Perez,

Ordinary Deco Pep couldn't handle It's Zlatan he wants to manage. That guy has an ego bigger than his nose that's why he cant stay at Inter with Mou. He wants to be special every where he is but Mou said "only i am the special one.".

Thank God sha, with Madrids purchases many thought they were coming to dislodge one of the top 5 in europe where 4 are from England + Barca making five, but now It's clear they're coming to replace their brothers.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
Na by force to keep player? The coach does not wnt him, we got rid of him. end of story. the rest na sentiment.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by nich(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
the market remains o jare! money is made whether someone sells or buys. everyday transaction!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 12:12am On Jul 25, 2009
Ibrahimovic will arrive on Sunday
www.fcbarcelona.cat

Zlatan Ibrahimovic will arrive in Barcelona on Sunday to undergo a medical with the Blaugrana as every player who moves clubs has to do.
After Barça reached an agreement with Inter to sign the Swedish international he now needs to undergo a series of medical tests before putting pen-to-paper on a deal to join the club.

In the other direction FC Barcelona have given permission for Samuel Eto'o and Aliaksandr Hleb, who have been included in the recent transfers, to travel to Milan and undergo medicals with Inter.

The club will reveal all the details of Ibrahimovic's trip to Barcelona on Saturday and outline his movements for Sunday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for everything Samuel Eto'o. We will always love you.

Welcome, Zlatan!! wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2009
My bros and sis. Let us not forget the wonderrful things that eto has done for FC BARCA.
It is indeed a necessity that we pay homage to him as he leaves.

I love you eto, and thanks for everything. smiley wink

Let the game begin.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2009
biina:

Yeah rite!just like how nobody has done treble in spain and we did it, we are barcelona,we breaks and set new records.
we will hit u where it hurt most,cos we are gonna be crowned the champions of europe in ur living room, hahaaaa
meanwhile,juventus,liverpool,acmillan are ur hubyz and one of them must send u packing in quarterfinal, i can belt my balls u wont see CL semifinal trust me.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2009
They cant be like us.our young kids outplayed full squad of spur yesterday.
i was delighted watching them playing footie like a computer game.they are very promising.
Henrique really impressed me, i hope he will be able to cop perfectly.
the game ended 1.1 but i really enjoyed the game.
Redknapp was lucky no coach that would love to taste the full strength of ravaging barcelona squad.
if we had thrown the big guns it could have been devastating, sure mancity wont be this lucky in Gamper cup, they will taste fire
barca for life jare,WE ARE THE ARABIAN TERRORIST IN SOCCER.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ eyo

It was nice chillin with you yesterday.
Thanks for d show!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2009
khanye:

@ eyo

It was nice chillin with you yesterday.
Thanks for d show!

Khayne nuttin dou, it was nice chilling with you too, no mind that liverpool mumu wey dey argue like ashawo.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by debosky(m): 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2009
Still can't get my head around this deal - you would sell someone who has scored in two CL finals for someone who chokes on the big stage. undecided

Not only that, you add 45m to it as well?

The Treble has gotten to Laporta's head and messed up his senses. sad
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:17pm On Jul 26, 2009
Laporta simply didnt want Madrid stealing the headlines so he did his own transfer too.

In value, this deal is at par with CR7 deal 45m + Etoo Zlatan is a year younger than Etoo and scores less.

Zlatan chokes in the Big stages Juventus fans cant forgive him for blewing away their CL hopes in 2005.

Etoo delivers on big occasions, Zlatan chokes

Zlatan has never scored in the CL knockout stage before shocked shocked shocked shocked

Laporta should have learnt from the Ronaldinho/David Beckham saga that the Glamour buys dont necesarily deliver.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2009
dayokanu:

Etoo delivers on big occasions, Zlatan chokes

Like against chelsea? They all choke from time to time

dayokanu:

Zlatan has never scored in the CL knockout stage before shocked shocked shocked shocked

And that leads us to conclude that. . . . .?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kokonets(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2009
Inter is not really a force in Europe compared to Barca, in Inter Ibra was a one star player and the midfield didnt contribute much in terms of passes yet he still managed to score 25 goals in Serie A. Compare that to the midfield that Barca has and I will say Ibra will do wonders and will score in the CL unlike before. This is a team of stars and I guess he is humble enuff 2 recognize that!Eto will always be a legend in Barca (3rd highest scorer in Barca colors) but Pep wanted to change his team and bring in a diff dimension to Barca. I love Eto but welcome Ibra!

Up Barca!!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by doyindinho(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2009
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN BARCELONA FOR FOR FOR FOR LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2009
Like against chelsea? They all choke from time to time

Etoo has scored multiple times against Chelsea both at Nou camp and at Stamford Bridge.

And that leads us to conclude that. . . . .?

Zlatan is overrated and a flop

Inter is not really a force in Europe compared to Barca, in Inter Ibra was a one star player and the midfield didnt contribute much in terms of passes yet he still managed to score 25 goals in Serie A. Compare that to the midfield that Barca has and I will say Ibra will do wonders and will score in the CL unlike before. This is a team of stars and I guess he is humble enuff 2 recognize that!Eto will always be a legend in Barca (3rd highest scorer in Barca colors) but Pep wanted to change his team and bring in a diff dimension to Barca.

when at Juventus He had Cappello as coach,

Buffon, Canavaro, thuram, Del Piero, Nedved, camoranesi and Tezeguet as support cast so which support cast does he want again?
And he single handedy eliminated Juve from the CL that season against Liverpool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 1:25am On Jul 27, 2009
dayokanu:

Etoo has scored multiple times against Chelsea both at Nou camp and at Stamford Bridge.

Thank goodness the ball went to Iniesta instead.

dayokanu:

Zlatan is overrated and a flop

Thats why hes highest goal scorer and has been bagging trophies his whole career. what does flop mean again? cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:33am On Jul 27, 2009
It was this same Etoo who claimed your ONLY victory at STamford bridge, It was Etoo who orchestrated the ONLY Barca victory over Chelsea in Nou Camp

It was Etoo who scored the opening goal in Paris 2006 CL final,

It was Etoo who scored the opening goal in Rome

UCL best forward of 2006, Pichichi 2006, Career total 203 goals 160 La Liga goals

Tell us about Zlatan Ibrahimoflop

270 games 131 goals,

In 2005/2006 35 games 7 goals as a striker.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by luckiest: 5:27am On Jul 27, 2009
too all baca fan who don't want to miss great football next season
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by luckiest: 5:28am On Jul 27, 2009
too all baca fan who don't want to miss great football next season

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2009
dayokanu:

It was Etoo who orchestrated the ONLY Barca victory over Chelsea in Nou Camp

haha. . that was funny. If u knew anything about Barca u would know no other team takes more touches of the ball before it goes in the back of the net. So for u to say our striker "orchestrates" something has to be one of the most misguided statements i've ever heard a football enthusiast make. EVER!!

dayokanu:

It was Etoo who scored the opening goal in Paris 2006 CL final,

It was Etoo who scored the opening goal in Rome

Like I said, I'm not sure what u are gettin at with this line of argument. Zlatan's team was not in the finals. U can't score in a game u never played in. Is Valdes the best goalkeeper in the world because he saved Cronaldo's shot in the finals? Is Puyol the best RB in the world because he pissed all over CR7 in the finals? Ur arguments are almost embarrassing to read  grin cheesy grin

dayokanu:

UCL best forward of 2006, Pichichi 2006, Career total 203 goals 160 La Liga goals

Tell us about Zlatan Ibrahimoflop

270 games 131 goals,

In 2005/2006 35 games 7 goals as a striker.

I wonder what position Trezeguet played at Juve (I coulda sworn Ibra was in a supporting role, damn i'm dumb!!  shocked), and how many trophies did they win (forget the scandal  grin ). . . He's been winning trophies the whole time. He musta been doing something right.

Ibrahimovic hasn't had any trophy-less season in the last 6 seasons. NOT 1. Every team he has played on has finished tops. Scudetto just dey chase the guy up and down. If trophies follow him around, what kind of flop is he? Even if u remove the scudettos at Juve, Ibra still holds his ground. What kind of nursery 2 logic are u using?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2009
haha. . that was laughable. If u knew anything about Barca u would know no other team takes more touches of the ball before it goes in the back of the net. So for u to say our striker "orchestrates" something has to be one of the most misguided statements i've ever heard a football enthusiast make. EVER!!

While the others were romancing the ball, It was Etoo that scored on that day while others where flat footed.

Like I said, I'm not sure what u are gettin at with this line of argument. Zlatan's team was not in the finals. U can't score in a game u never played in. Is Valdes the best goalkeeper in the world because he saved Cronaldo's shot in the finals? Is Puyol the best RB in the world because he pissed all over CR7 in the finals? Ur arguments are almost embarrassing to read

Its left for Zlatan to lead his team to the CL finals or do you think Etoo just saw himself in the finals by some act of Magic?
Of Juventus strikers, Zlatan was the worst way behind Trezeguet, Del Piero,

On the Juventus vs Liverpool match 2005 this is an excerpt from the match report

Order had been restored when the game finally started and Juventus should have been level on aggregate when Zlatan Ibrahimovic met a left-wing cross just six yards out and hoisted his effort over the crossbar
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=180738&cc=5901
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2009
Inter Milan vs Liverpool 2008 Match reports

Ibrahimovic once again flattered to deceive and was guilty of an awful miss after 56 minutes when he was gifted the ball by a dreadful pass from Skrtel and was wastefully off target.

Liverpool were now cruising, although there was another opportunity for Ibrahimovic to incur the wrath of the home crowd with another bad miss after 78 minutes, shooting horribly off target again when clean through

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7285152.stm
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2009
haha. . . I would have looked for spanish reports about Eto'o, but he's our ex-player and i don't want to go that route

Watch Barca this season. The rest of the world will  wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dayokanu(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2009
Etoo has scored against all the big teams he played against

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Lyon, Bayern, AC Milan all conceded to Etoo

I need just two big teams in the CL that Zlatan has scored against Just two ok start from one.

Thats what the media from soccernet to bbc have to write about Zlatans performance in BIG games

These are neutral press Not some biased ones and Zlatans reputation of being unable to score in any knockout CL game before precedes him.

And this was what soccerlens had to say abot Zlatan and Berbatov just before the 0-0 at Milan

0′ Two players that could really do a lot to shed their respective labels as players that don’t show in big games? Dimitar Berbatov and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Let’s see if they show up today.

Read more: http://soccerlens.com/inter-milan-v-manchester-united-uefa-champions-league-24-february-2009-live-blog/22275/#ixzz0MRI4TzlE

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.