Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,717 members, 7,924,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 09:11 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (67391 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
BinghiNya:

2last poster. Ruud missed  a great chunk of  a season. Even baba benched him for  a long while. goal to match ratios is goals/match. Do your maths.
You still they argue? undecided

Goals/match in EPL

Year Ruud Henry
2002 23/32 24/33
2003 25/34 24/37
2004 20/32 30/37
2005 06/17 25/32
2006 21/35 27/32

If you still dont get it, then I advise you go and take classes in arithmetics
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

Very true. An example is what u wrote:The work of a striker is to score goal abi?
Ruud and Henry were in the same league for 5yrs. Henry outscored Ruud in 4 of the 5 seasons, and had a higher goal to game ratio in same 4 season and overall.

You are a consummate idiot. . . . .
Henry had more goal ratio than Ruud? Try your IQ is higher than that of Albert Einstein.
Are u paid to goof on a public forum?

What a retard!!! Letz see who needs the Arithmetic classes more.
Van Nistelrooy scored 150 goals in 219 games for Man Utd(0.68 goals per game).
Thierry Henry scored 226 goals in 370 games for Arsenal(0.61 goals per game).

He has won the european golden boot on two occasions. An award Ruud has never won.

Ruud won 3 UCL golden boots at Man Utd. . . . .Ruud has won 3 golden boots in 3 different leagues.
Henry cannot even outscore his fellow strikers in Barca while Ruud raped all the strikers in La Liga in his debut season.
I am tired of idiots like you misinforming the public with your myopic views.

Van Nistelrooy shits on Henry in the art of goal-scoring.
In international games, Henry has a miserable 48 goals in 111 games while Ruud has 33 goals in 64 games for Holland.
Do the math.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
Anderson had better go to Fergie and apologise unless he no longer wants to stay at United
I had thought he would be patient enough to learn the trade under the best manager in world football.
He should ask after the likes of Beckham, Keane and Nistelrooy who dared oppose Fergie.
I don't see him staying back though unless a miracle happens. . thats if this story is true!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2009
Emperoh:

Anderson had better go to Fergie and apologise unless he no longer wants to stay at United
I had thought he would be patient enough to learn the trade under the best manager in world football.
He should ask after the likes of Beckham, Keane and Nistelrooy who dared oppose Fergie.
I don't see him staying back though unless a miracle happens. . thats if this story is true!!

So u believe this bollocks?
The same newspaper that said United are about to offer Carrick + £10 million to Liverpool and buy Modric from SPURS?
This is the last week of the transfer window so expect plenty bollocks.

Cheese n Rice. . . .I also saw UFO last night and it was Jesus Christ that was driving it. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
Henry's achievement
As a member of a team includes
- World Cup
- Euros
- Champions League
- League Championship (EPL, La Liga and Ligue 1)

Frank Lebouef too won the World cup and Euros. The credit of Frances win should go to the Zidanes, Petit, Deschamps, Lizarazu, Thuram, Desailly and co what did he win individualy?

As an Individual
- European Golden Boot (2x: 2004, 2005)
- Premier League top scorer (4x: 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006.)
- English Football Hall of Fame: 2008
- 2nd place FIFA World Player of the Year (2003, 2004)
- 2nd Place Ballon d'Or in 2003 and 3rd Place 2006
All I can see here are 2nd place, 3rd place . Never a winner

If you want to limit great players to only those that won WPOTY and BdO, you will exclude players like Raul, Maldini, Ruud, Buffon, Khan etc, and explain why players like Owen, Sammer and Papin should be considered.
All the players you mentioned here won CL as key players Raul, Maldini and Kahn Buffon has been the best goalkeeper in the world for a minute and He was Italian goalkeeper at the world cup playing every single minute, Tell Us how important Henry was to Frances team of 1998 or 2000 He wasnt in the team of the tournament, didnt start the quarter final, semi final or finals,

Having one great season could get you a BdO award but doesnt necessarily make you a great player
\
WHen was Henry's greatest season in European football. Was it when Valencia was raping him or when Chelsea , Bayern and PSV sent him out of Champions league,
He won in Barca but I can name 6 players who were more important than Henry to Barca. Messi, Etoo, Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya, Alves were more important to the team than Henry was.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2009
Sauron,

DECEPTIVE!
Henry joined arsenal as a young WINGER still very much in his development phase. . . Ruud on the other hand was already near/in his prime when he joined utd.so ur stats dont mean shit!
If i'm not mistaken, dis debate is about ruud in his prime vs henry in his prime. Even a half-brained gorilla will tell u ruud isnt worthy of flushing henrys poop.
P.S. do u like my UFO grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron,

DECEPTIVE!
Henry joined arsenal as a young WINGER still very much in his development phase. . . Ruud on the other hand was already near/in his prime when he joined utd.so your stats dont mean shit!

I don't care if Henry joined Arsenal as a goalie. . . .
But for that piece of turd called Biina to come here n say Henry had a higher goal ratio than Ruud is bordering on permanent lunacy.

If i'm not mistaken, dis debate is about ruud in his prime vs henry in his prime. Even a half-brained gorilla will tell u ruud isnt worthy of flushing henrys poop.

Ruud in his prime scored 44 goals for Man Utd in 2002/3
He won the EPL golden boot and scored a record 14 UCL goals that no striker has eclipsed (yet)

Henry in his prime scored 39 goals for Arsenal in 2003/4
He won the EPL golden boot but was non-existent in the UCL scorers' charts.

P.S. do u like my UFO grin

Your UFO is about to be gunned down.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2009

Then you are mistaken The debate was about CR7 and Henry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Then you are mistaken The debate was about CR7 and Henry

CR7 is a world-class player.
There was never a time Henry was the best in the position he plays.

Apart from the league titles he won with Arsenal. . . . He has been a ghost in other achievements.
Without Zidane in France, there was no way Henry coulda won France 98, Euro 2000 and Confed cup.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
Haha, according to sauron a players prime boils down to ONE season.
admit it or not, henry was a more lethal goalscorer than ruud, outscoring him 4 TIMES OUT OF 5!
When u consider d vast number of assists henry had, not to mention his overall contribution to d team, he makes even a quality player like ruud look like garbage!
P.S. d only season ruud outscored henry(by a single league goal), henry finished with an incredible 23 direct assists.pick dat out!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2009
Henry was considered a joke by many of his peers at that time
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2009
Henry a ghost?
Henry was an integral part of the treble winning barca side, he was also top scorer 4 france in 98, sauron what r u talking about? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2009
ritchboy:

Haha, according to sauron a players prime boils down to ONE season.

U brought the Ruud(in his prime) versus Henry(in his prime) debate up, i did not.

admit it or not, henry was a more lethal goalscorer than ruud, outscoring him 4 TIMES OUT OF 5!

Ruud had a better goal ratio than Henry in the Premiership.
While Henry was doing local champion in the EPL, Van Nistelrooy was breaking records in European Football.
Henry has never scored a double-digit number of goals in the UCL in one season. . . .Ruud scored 10 goals in 2001/2 and 14 goals in 2002/3.

When u consider d vast number of assists henry had, not to mention his overall contribution to d team, he makes even a quality player like ruud look like garbage!

Overall contribution in a team like Arsenal?
Isn't a one-eyed man a king in the land of the blind? How many world class players were in Arsenal?
if Henry didn't make the goals, who would. . . . . .This is like saying Kevin Davies is a legend because he is instrumental to Bolton's survival.

P.S. d only season ruud outscored henry(by a single league goal), henry finished with an incredible 23 direct assists.pick dat out!

That was the same season Ruud scored 14 goals in Europe.
With Ruud, he spreads his goals into other major competitions while Henry is useless in Europe but happy to score 5 goals against West Brom.

ritchboy:

Henry a ghost?
Henry was an integral part of the treble winning barca side, he was also top scorer 4 france in 98, sauron what r u talking about? grin

Intregal part of which Barca side?
I will name 6 players better than Henry in the Barca side that won the TREBLE.

Henry was the top scorer for France in 98?
How many goals did he score? 3 goals. . . .

Against which teams? Saudi Arabia and South Africa. grin grin grin
Even Dayokanu in his old age will score 6 goals against those teams.

Thuram's 2 goals against Croatia weigh more than Henry's chicken goals against pathetic sides.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
I can see Reggie Miller sticks are being passed around in heavy rotation in this joint cool cool

dayokanu:

Henry was considered a joke by many of his peers at that time

dayokanu:

Frank Lebouef too won the World cup and Euros. The credit of Frances win should go to the Zidanes, Petit, Deschamps, Lizarazu, Thuram, Desailly and co what did he win individualy?
All I can see here are 2nd place, 3rd place . Never a winner
All the players you mentioned here won CL as key players Raul, Maldini and Kahn Buffon has been the best goalkeeper in the world for a minute and He was Italian goalkeeper at the world cup playing every single minute, Tell Us how important Henry was to Frances team of 1998 or 2000 He wasnt in the team of the tournament, didnt start the quarter final, semi final or finals,

It would interest you to know that no French Player has outscored Henry in any major tournament since France 98 if that does not tell you about Henry's importance i don't know what will
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
He is No 3 All-time in the UCL scorer's chart.Whether you haters like it or not his name would still be mentioned among the greats when he retires
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
Intregal part of which Barca side?
I will name 6 players better than Henry in the Barca side that won the TREBLE.
Messi, Etoo, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Puyol, Toure need I name more?

Henry was the top scorer for France in 98?
How many goals did he score? 3 goals. . . .
Against which teams? Saudi Arabia and South Africa.  
Even Dayokanu in his old age will score 6 goals against those teams.
Thuram's 2 goals against Croatia weigh more than Henry's chicken goals against pathetic sides.

Goals scored against South Africa were actually scored by Pierre Issa. If Henry's goals were that important why was he benched against Italy, Croatia and Brazil? I guessed Saudi and SA were more fitting matches for Henry. when the going got tough they booted him out and brought in tested players
in WC 2006 he scored 2 goals against Togo imagine!!!!

It would interest you to know that no French Player has outscored Henry in any major tournament since France 98 if that does not tell you about Henry's importance i don't know what will

LIE!!!! Euro 2004 Zidane outscored Thierry and Zizou scored vital goals in vital games

In Euro 2004, France played England, Switzerland and  Croatia and Greece. Henry could only score against the weakest Switzerland and He was at his peak in 2004
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Goals scored against South Africa were actually scored by Pierre Issa. If Henry's goals were that important why was he benched against Italy, Croatia and Brazil? I guessed Saudi and SA were more fitting matches for Henry. when the going got tough they booted him out and brought in tested players in WC 2006 he scored 2 goals against Togo imagine!!!!

Obviously, you are joking when you wrote the above.
You must be the only one that didnt know that the French had a striker crisis at the 1998 world cup.
Guivarch started in the Final against Brazil
Henry got injured was why he wasn't played in the knock out stages!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

I will also add Pique to that list.

Henry is not prolific. . . .

48 goals in 111 international games.
51 goals in 109 European games.
226 goals in 370 Premiership games.

Thierry Henry has played 35 European games MORE than Ruud and he is still 6 goals short of Ruud.
Seriously, this shouldn't be a debate.
While i agree Henry is the better all round footballer, he comes short to Ruud in the art of scoring goals.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Henry provided about 26 goals and 13-15 assists. . He clearly contributed his quota if you like include Valdes,Abidal and Bojan in your list it won't change shit

dayokanu:

Goals scored against South Africa were actually scored by Pierre Issa. If Henry's goals were that important why was he benched against Italy, Croatia and Brazil? I guessed Saudi and SA were more fitting matches for Henry. when the going got tough they booted him out and brought in tested players
in WC 2006 he scored 2 goals against Togo imagine!!!!
All these goals count towards three points and qualification go and cancel Batistuta's goals against the Reggae Boys of Jamaica then and how about Klose's hat-trick against Saudi Arabia? I don't remember him scoring after Germany went past the group stages in Korea Japan.Even if he was not started is it not a shame that his replacements could not outscore him? We can assume Guivarch,Duggary,Trezeguet et al where better than Henry abi?how many could they net against Italy and Croatia?

dayokanu:

LIE!!!! Euro 2004 Zidane outscored Thierry and Zizou scored vital goals in vital games

In Euro 2004, France played England, Switzerland and  Croatia and Greece. Henry could only score against the weakest Switzerland and He was at his peak in 2004

Ok just one tournament out of about five!! Does that not tell you something? Most of Zidane's goals are from set-pieces and and a significant number from fouls on Henry e.g England in Euro 2004 and Portugal in 2006
If he did not score against Switzerland,France would not have made the Q.Finals its that simple

HNIC:

You must be the only one that didnt know that the French had a striker crisis at the 1998 world cup.
Please leave dayokanu he is obviously high on Reggie Miller.As at France 98 sef Henry was more of a winger than a striker and he still netted goals
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
Lies!!!!!! 2nd lie by a GAYnner today!!!! within 20minutes

Henry was brought in as a substitute in the quarters cos he was not good enough to start.
Henry was brought in as a substitute in the semi cos he was not good enough to start
Henry wasnt used at all in the finals the greatest game of the world cup

Henry was not injured at France 1998 he was simply not good enough
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
where did you get this from?
Zidane!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Henry was brought in as a substitute in the semi cos he was not good enough to start

He actually played in the first half against Croatia(came in for Karembeu) but he was shit throughout.
It took the brilliance of Zidane and Thuram who scored 2 goals to rescue France from the threats of Boban and Davor Suker.
Seriously, Henry has never conquered the world the way Zidane, Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Messi have all done.

He was a local champion in the EPL. . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
Sauron Check this link France vs Croatia

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=1013/results/matches/match=8786/report.html

Where are the GAYYners to fabricate another lie to defend Therry? A40 has done it and HNIC has done it who is next
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
tkb417:

where did you get this from?
Zidane!!!
Ok he did that just once but in:
France 98
Euro 2000
Germany 2006
Euro 2008 (Na only am score for France sef)

My argument was in response to dayokanu's claim that Henry was not an important member of the French team in any of their major triumphs in World Football and thats a white hot lie
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=1013/results/matches/match=8786/report.html

U are correct. . . . . . .He came in the first half for an injured player.
Blimey. . . .He was shyte in that game throughout.
I still dunno any football season where Henry was better than his peers in European football.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
My argument was in response to dayokanu's claim that Henry was not an important member in the French team in any of their major triumphs in World Football and thats a white hot lie

Tell me a player who didnt start in the quarters semi and didnt play at all in the finals is an important player?

In the French team Barthez, Thuram, Desailly, Deschamps, Zidane and Blanc were more important.

Has Henry ever been the player of the tournament in either a World cup, CL, Euro cup?

Why didnt Henry lift the French when Zidane was injured in 2002? what of when Zidane retired in 2004? What of in Euro 2008? where was Thierry?

Henry is a good player but not a great
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

He ain't a world class player.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
If the word World class wont be used loosely, Then Henry does not qualify
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
whoever tries to argue with Sauron and dayokanu together will just run mad

should we leave our thread for you?

na wa grin

He ain't a world class player
i disagree
he is a world class player. how can you say that cos you wanna win an argument

is VDS a world class goalie?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2009
tkb417:

i disagree
he is a world class player. how can you say that cos you wanna win an argument

He is a good player but not a world class player.
Henry has never been the main man in any winning team outside England.
He is a bloody local champion!!

is VDS a world class goalie?

Of course. . . . . .Lay out his medals/individual achievements and compare with Henry. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2009
@DK,
he didnt get to play the final because he had an injury that he carried thru the prelims.
Trezeguet too had injury problems.
Are u saying Stefan Guivarch was better
You are puting it as if he was  some 3rd rate striker

Anyways, beef all u can
He's a world cup winner
They don't buy it in the market!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Where are the GAYYners to fabricate another lie to defend Therry? A40 has done it and HNIC has done it who is next

It says he played and what else? even if it was wrongly assumed that he didn't where on that match report does it say Henry was the worst player on the pitch? Y'all need to stop hating,Henry is a highly fulfilled,accomplished player he won everything that was there to be won.He is France's all-time highest goal-scorer a country with players like Platini,Tigana,Fontaine,Zidane e.t.c no amount of bad belle can change that

dayokanu:

Tell me a player who didnt start in the quarters semi and didnt play at all in the finals is an important player?

In the French team Barthez, Thuram, Desailly, Deschamps, Zidane and Blanc were more important.

Has Henry ever been the player of the tournament in either a World cup, CL, Euro cup?

Why didnt Henry lift the French when Zidane was injured in 2002? what of when Zidane retired in 2004? What of in Euro 2008? where was Thierry?

That was down to the decision of the coach bottom line is the matches he played he made enough impact to score the most goals for France even in the midst of more experienced players

Theo Zagorakis has been named Player of the Tournament before that must make him a great too abi?

What else could Henry have done? They suffered a freak loss to Senegal and he got red carded in the first half against Uruguay even Zidane could not salvage things against Denmark so what are you on about??You seem to forget that football is a team sport

Like it or not Henry is a great

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (101)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.