Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,742 members, 7,952,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:52 AM

All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) (14133 Views)

All Hail Biafra / See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Biafran National Team Winning The AFCON Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2009
invisible!:

Are you saying that with the type of cash Chimaroke, Udenwa, Uba, Egwu stole they cannot buy some fringe directors off some companies?

Forget what happened in the past, win the present and control the future.

I can almost guarantee you all that this person (male or female) is NOT IGBO.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by sosisi(f): 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2009
invisible!:

Are you saying that with the type of cash Chimaroke, Udenwa, Uba, Egwu stole they cannot buy some fringe directors off some companies?

Forget what happened in the past, win the present and control the future.

And who told you those people don't own shares in these places now?
I took you back to history.
There is no reason the average Igbo man should be close to the SW or any other regions educationally or financially if not for the hand of the almighty God.
An area that was ravaged by years of war,where everything practically came to a standstill for years and then every adult worker started off with 20 pounds afterwards and in a few short years,millionaire transporters like The Young,Ekene,Chiebere,Osondu etc,importers and exporters emerged.
And before they knew it,Igbos overtook all areas of Nigeria in education
It is nothing but the hand of the almighty God
Mainly because we are  a Christian people and the hand of God is upon Igboland
We would have been annihilated,if not for God.
Igboland and the SS are the only group of people that did not have the menace of Islam at our doorsteps.
Nothing but God's favour on his people.
You come from a great people,a proud heritage who believe in hardwork
Begging in Igboland is a thing of shame
We are a tenacious,non quitting  group
That is our heritage from time immemorial and further enhanced by the things our fathers suffered.
An Igbo man may never be president in Nigeria but the presidency doesn't put food on anybody's table,hardwork does.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by ezeagu(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
You guys have to understand that, as invinsible has claimed before, he has a lot of family in the North and West so this is actually a matter of life and death for him, but invinsible look at the person supporting you oh. . . . .  .

yommyuk:

i feeling u @ invinsible cool

. . . . . . E kuchalam
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
$osisi:

Please take it easy on him.
educate him instead from true stories that you know
Tell him how Igbos who owned almost every real estate in PH lost it to thieving Ijaws and Ikwere people after Nigeria declared their hard earned property abandoned property.
Then what happened years later?
The same Ijaws and Ikweres turned around and sold these property back to Igbos to feed their lazy selves.
Karma is a female dog
Now that the same Nigeria wants to wipe out Ijaw land,guess who they turn to?
The same people they turned their back on and stole from.
The same Ken Saro wiwa,an Ogoni man who my dad told us made fun of Igbos with his post war radio program,laughing them to scorn at the end of the war came on his hands and knees to Ohaneze asking for help in his Ogoniland freedom fight.
The same Ogoni man that fought Igbos was assasinated by Nortern and Western Nigeria
How about Adaka Boro?
He was equally killed by western Nigeria after betraying his Igbo cousins
Karma,I say is a female bingo
Currently which region besides the SS is sympathetic to the Ijawland and ND cause
It's not the NE,NC,NW,certainly not the SW but the SE
The same people they betrayed.
Did I say Karma is a female female German Shepard?

Thank you great $osisi! Anyone who does not believe in God should take a close look at Ndigbo and Nigeria's history. Everyone who took part in the war against Biafra is getting paid one and one , I can say confidently that there is GOD!
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by asha80(m): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
invisible!:

And you want us to repeat this cycle once more? to set us back another 40 YEARS and your grand children will be here arguing about your abandoned property in Lagos?

Ugboro ole ka ihe ga eme unu ka unu were muta ihe?

Well maybe we should all involve in all types of biz legal or illegal to make money since nigeria is where illegal activity thrives.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by sosisi(f): 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
invisible!:

And you want us to repeat this cycle once more? to set us back another 40 YEARS and your grand children will be here arguing about your abandoned property in Lagos?

Ugboro ole ka ihe ga eme unu ka unu were muta ihe?

Why do you think there's a subject called History?

There's American History
Afro American History
European History
Jewish history
American Indian History

Every culture within all the above have their history that is studied in schools up to pHD level

What is wrong with you knowing your own history,good and bad ?

Don't you ever listen to these idiots that want you to hide the history of your people because it reminds them of the wickedness of their own people.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by sosisi(f): 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2009
I don't repeat The Biafran History stories so that people can feel sorry for me
I don't need anybody's sympathy
and most Igbos don't either.
We say them because they are true
They are a part of our history
In as much as people don't want us to repeat them
They must be told nevertheless.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2009
$osisi:

And who told you those people don't own shares in these places now?
I took you back to history.
There is no reason the average Igbo man should be close to the SW or any other regions educationally or financially if not for the hand of the almighty God.
An area that was ravaged by years of war,where everything practically came to a standstill for years and then every adult worker started off with 20 pounds afterwards and in a few short years,millionaire transporters like The Young,Ekene,Chiebere,Osondu etc,importers and exporters emerged.
And before they knew it,Igbos overtook all areas of Nigeria in education
It is nothing but the hand of the almighty God
Mainly because we are  a Christian people and the hand of God is upon Igboland
We would have been annihilated,if not for God.
Igboland and the SS are the only group of people that did not have the menace of Islam at our doorsteps.
Nothing but God's favour on his people.
You come from a great people,a proud heritage who believe in hardwork
Begging in Igboland is a thing of shame
We are a tenacious,non quitting  group
That is our heritage from time immemorial and further enhanced by the things our fathers suffered.
An Igbo man may never be president in Nigeria but the presidency doesn't put food on anybody's table,hardwork does.

Thats the spitit gurl!

We hold the ace, why surrender it in the face of challenges? The average Ibo is brilliant an I dont think we should run away from Nigeria like cowards, let us keep doing what we are doing in peace, Ekene, Young, Ibeto, Peacemass, and other honest Ibo businessmen, not bootlickers should be emulated, more young men can still replicate Emeagwali, the Achebes the Akunyilis etc.

We have the brains, lets use it to help ourselves.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by asha80(m): 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2009
invisible!:

Thats the spitit gurl!

We hold the ace, why surrender it in the face of challenges? The average Ibo is brilliant an I dont think we should run away from Nigeria like cowards, let us keep doing what we are doing in peace, Ekene, Young, Ibeto, Peacemass, and other honest Ibo businessmen, not bootlickers should be emulated, more young men can still replicate Emeagwali, the Achebes the Akunyilis etc.

We have the brains, lets use it to help ourselves.

It depends on what you mean helping ourselves.If it is individual that one is undisputable.What i am more concerend is the development of igbo land.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2009
$osisi:

We say them because they are true
They are a part of our history
In as much as people don't want us to repeat them
They must be told nevertheless.

The problem with some history is that it sometimes clouds our reasoning and fills us with a sense of revenge for events past.
I felt very horrible after reading ''The Nigerian revolution and the Biafran war" a book by Major Alexander Madiebo. I got over it and have since moved on because the events are past, may God forgive all the actors on both sides, now lets grow this country and stop hating innocent tribesmen that didnt hurt us. We should do away with this deafeatist mentality.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by OgidiBoy(m): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2009
The national anthem is so sad, but uplifting. it reminds me of the book Half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda Adichie I just finished reading for the second time. sad
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2009
Onlytruth:

I can almost guarantee you all that this person (male or female) is NOT IGBO.

Then the pope is not catholic! grin grin grin
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2009
invisible!:

Then the pope is not catholic! grin grin grin

If this person is Igbo, then my name is Benjamin Adekunle! grin
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by sosisi(f): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2009
Onlytruth:

Oya Mr Adekunle, Kini e happen?
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2009
$osisi:

Oya Mr Adekunle, Kini e happen?

I woke up one early morning and decided to hunt me some "Ibos". I killed just 2 million sha! grin
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2009
On a more serious note the guy Invisible is scared stiff about Nigeria's history. Your history is your history, you cannot escape it. If you don't deal with it properly, you could allow it to repeat!
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2009
Onlytruth:

A bu m ony Igbo, bido na mbu ruo na njedebe

A murum n' ala Igbo

ebe a ka m no gusia akwukwo, bido olu

Nne m na nna m bu ndi Igbo

A huru m ndi Igbo na anya.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2009
I ji n'aka
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
Onlytruth:

On a more serious note the guy Invisible is scared stiff about Nigeria's history. Your history is your history, you cannot escape it. If you don't deal with it properly, you could allow it to repeat!

Some sleeping dogs are best left to lie.

If I am scared, then its for this our exuberance about some ideas that are fashioned to enrich a few.

Besides its in the house of the coward that they stand to piont at where the house of the brave man used to be!
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by yommyuk: 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
The problem with some history is that it sometimes clouds our reasoning and fills us with a sense of revenge for events past. cool

I got over it and have since moved on because the events are past, may God forgive all the actors on both sides, now lets grow this country and stop hating innocent tribesmen that didnt hurt us. We should do away with this deafeatist mentality. cool

I am feeling ya cool

Si don dire cry
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by sjeezy8: 12:20am On Aug 01, 2009
Ethno kini BETTA SHUT YO MOUTH. OBJ DOESN'T REPRESENT YORUBAS YOU FOOL. I m no tribalist but if anyone wants to contest, what tribe did the most for nigeria i will say Yoruba and teach you.

Because most igbo who haven't made it big are still wanting Biafra AND I hate soo see biafra trash on NL because its for Nigeria and also igbo tribe being better then the other, i have never said yoruba is better then any tribe but i will stand by my comment about yoruba wanting and actually molding a better NIGERIA. no tribalism at all when everyone ran abroad, it was the yorubas that tried to do, as much as they can for Nigeria considering the north's reign HONESTLY. i myself am only half yoruba so im not biased at ALL

but i can see yorubas have welcomed everyone into LAGOS and with out them Nigeria is nothing
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 3:46am On Aug 01, 2009
sjeezy8:

Ethno kini BETTA SHUT YO MOUTH. OBJ DOESN'T REPRESENT YORUBAS YOU FOOL. I m no tribalist but if anyone wants to contest, what tribe did the most for nigeria i will say Yoruba and teach you.

Because most igbo who haven't made it big are still wanting Biafra AND I hate soo see biafra trash on NL because its for Nigeria and also igbo tribe being better then the other, i have never said yoruba is better then any tribe but i will stand by my comment about yoruba wanting and actually molding a better NIGERIA. no tribalism at all when everyone ran abroad, it was the yorubas that tried to do, as much as they can for Nigeria considering the north's reign HONESTLY. i myself am only half yoruba so im not biased at ALL

but i can see yorubas have welcomed everyone into LAGOS and with out them Nigeria is nothing

Actually, without the Igbos Nigeria is nothing. Even without oil, Igbo is Nigeria's (nay Africa's) heartbeat. Stop the lies or let us go! angry
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by nsibidi101(m): 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2009
When ppl don't come out cursing and bleating and singing biafra like a song they are suddenly denied their igboness.Odikwa egwu.some prominent journalists of igbo extraction beleive many ibos dont fancy speaking their language any longer.infact a seminar or so was held here in owerri a few wks back to address the issue.I'm begining to beleive speculations that the language will die soon(God forbid) as the anthem isn't even in ibo.I'll be so greatful to God when we start doing first things first and breakin
new ground without making so much noise about it.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by sjeezy8: 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2009
nsibidi101:

When ppl don't come out cursing and bleating and singing biafra like a song they are suddenly denied their igboness.Odikwa egwu.some prominent journalists of igbo extraction beleive many ibos dont fancy speaking their language any longer.infact a seminar or so was held here in owerri a few wks back to address the issue.I'm begining to beleive speculations that the language will die soon(God forbid) as the anthem isn't even in ibo.I'll be so greatful to God when we start doing first things first and breakin
new ground without making so much noise about it.

I have no problem with igbos at all but why must everyone that is considered a good igbo by his tribe, support Biafra?. There is no tribalism in Nigeria. tribalism is what the elite rich feed to the poor which make many side track off of important issues. Corruption in Nigeria is done by all tribes but solely everyone want to blame Yoruba or Hausas.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 3:56am On Aug 02, 2009
sjeezy8:

I have no problem with igbos at all but why must everyone that is considered a good igbo by his tribe, support Biafra?. There is no tribalism in Nigeria. tribalism is what the elite rich feed to the poor which make many side track off of important issues. Corruption in Nigeria is done by all tribes but solely everyone want to blame Yoruba or Hausas.

Now why don't I believe that? Why can't we get qualified people into sensitive positions in Nigeria? Can you tell me that the best Nigerian technocrats are the ones manning sensitive posts in Nigeria today Where are our best? I'll attempt to answer some for you.
Our best are either overseas or have been frustrated at home, and are quietly licking their wounds in their parts of Nigeria. We just replaced a PHD (first class international economist) with a Msc holder in economics with far less pedigree as CBN Governor. That is Nigeria, and it is real. So face it!
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by sjeezy8: 8:09am On Aug 02, 2009
Onlytruth:

Now why don't I believe that? Why can't we get qualified people into sensitive positions in Nigeria? Can you tell me that the best Nigerian technocrats are the ones manning sensitive posts in Nigeria today Where are our best? I'll attempt to answer some for you.
Our best are either overseas or have been frustrated at home, and are quietly licking their wounds in their parts of Nigeria. We just replaced a PHD (first class international economist) with a Msc holder in economics with far less pedigree as CBN Governor. That is Nigeria, and it is real. So face it!

KEEP ON THINKING LIKE A POOR MAN. places like ABJ-LAGOS- you will see igbos yorubas everytribe fraternizing dating,marrying,schooling,working,eating, CELEBRATING MORE MONEY THEY MADE all togther.

Keep lyin to yourselves - the truth is a yoruba and igbo man who are rich will be friends over a poor man from their own tribe
when you have money you dont see tribe, race or religion

While your here talking about Biafra your tribes men are shayoing with other tribes and their children are having intermarriages. WISE UP
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2009
sjeezy8:

KEEP ON THINKING LIKE A POOR MAN. places like ABJ-LAGOS-  you will see igbos yorubas everytribe fraternizing dating,marrying,schooling,working,eating, CELEBRATING MORE MONEY THEY MADE all togther.

Keep lyin to yourselves - the truth is a yoruba and igbo man who are rich will be friends over a poor man from their own tribe
when you have money you dont see tribe, race or religion

While your here talking about Biafra your tribes men are shayoing with other tribes and their children are having intermarriages. WISE UP

Anyone who can think like me has no business with poverty, trust me! We have seen all these before: "igbos yorubas every tribe fraternizing dating,marrying,schooling,working,eating, CELEBRATING MORE MONEY THEY MADE all togther." Then, all of a sudden, some poor "patriotic" guy tries to make things really work for everyone, and all hell breaks loose! Suddenly, you find out that the same neighbor who "have been fraternizing" with you is a hidden enemy! He had been secretly coveting your success or perceived success for years. And you'd be lucky to escape with your life and some clothes on your back. For the naive and unlucky ones, well, they lose everything including lives. Anytime I read Major Nzeogwu's coup statements, it feels so eerily familiar. It articulates all that was wrong with Nigeria. All that[b] IS STILL WRONG [/b]with Nigeria. Like I said in another thread, people with vast different views of progress should not be forming nations. I'm not being pessimistic. I'm just being real.
If anyone is serious about creating a nation out of that space, let them start creating that nation from the village level and go from there. Let's try to be real for once and stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2009
Onlytruth:

hieved a
It is views like this that irritate me, when has paper qualification become a criteria for selecting national officers or is it because Soludo is from our tribe and so nobody could be better than him? Soludo was excellent as a CBN chief, he achieved a lot but should not be allowed to continue till forever. If Sanusi performs better then so be it, lets just give him the chance to make or mar himself then we can critique him. Every tribe has their own intelligent folks, and I dont care a hoot who is ruling me, hausa, ibibio or swahili! so far as I get light, water, work, road and other amenities.
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2009
invisible!:

hieved a
It is views like this that irritate me, when has paper qualification become a criteria for selecting national officers or is it because Soludo is from our tribe and so nobody could be better than him? Soludo was excellent as a CBN chief, he achieved a lot but should not be allowed to continue till forever. If Sanusi performs better then so be it, lets just give him the chance to make or mar himself then we can critique him. Every tribe has their own intelligent folks, and I dont care a hoot who is ruling me, hausa, ibibio or swahili! so far as I get light, water, work, road and other amenities.

So do you have [b]"light, water, work, road and other amenities"? [/b]Have you taken a look at the top 60-70% of federal positions in Nigeria and do you know they are all manned by northerners? I was only responding to someone who thinks tribalism in Nigeria is a figment of my imagination. Of course I could care less (and I suspect most Igbos would too) about who control things in Nigeria. But we care that they are doing a good job and that they are doing it the best way possible (considering the overwhelming man power in Nigeria).  Soludo deserved a second term and many would agree that if he is a northerner he would have got it. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you. You can believe what you want!
Just don't think you are deceiving anyone. Anyone who grew up in Igboland or took Igbo lessons can also speak and write Igbo, it doesn't make them Igbo. Bye!
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
Onlytruth:

So do you have [b]"light, water, work, road and other amenities"? [/b]Have you taken a look at the top 60-70% of federal positions in Nigeria and do you know they are all manned by northerners? I was only responding to someone who thinks tribalism in Nigeria is a figment of my imagination. Of course I could care less (and I suspect most Igbos would too) about who control things in Nigeria. But we care that they are doing a good job and that they are doing it the best way possible (considering the overwhelming man power in Nigeria). Soludo deserved a second term and many would agree that if he is a northerner he would have got it. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you. You can believe what you want!
Just don't think you are deceiving anyone. Anyone who grew up in Igboland or took Igbo lessons can also speak and write Igbo, it doesn't make them Igbo. Bye!

That is my point exactly, I have been living without light, water, roads, and other necessary infrastructure for the past 10 years under Igbo governors, now who do I blame for that, the Tivs, Efik or fulani tribesmen?
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by Onlytruth(m): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2009
Onlytruth:

Anyone who can think like me has no business with poverty, trust me! We have seen all these before: "igbos yorubas every tribe fraternizing dating,marrying,schooling,working,eating, CELEBRATING MORE MONEY THEY MADE all togther." Then, all of a sudden, some poor "patriotic" guy tries to make things really work for everyone, and all hell breaks loose! Suddenly, you find out that the same neighbor who "have been fraternizing" with you is a hidden enemy! He had been secretly coveting your success or perceived success for years. And you'd be lucky to escape with your life and some clothes on your back. For the naive and unlucky ones, well, they lose everything including lives. Anytime I read Major Nzeogwu's coup statements, it feels so eerily familiar. It articulates all that was wrong with Nigeria. All that[b] IS STILL WRONG [/b]with Nigeria. Like I said in another thread, people with vast different views of progress should not be forming nations. I'm not being pessimistic. I'm just being real.
If anyone is serious about creating a nation out of that space, let them start creating that nation from the village level and go from there. Let's try to be real for once and stop deceiving ourselves.

, And that is the truth!
Re: All Hail Biafra- Biafran National Anthem (Remastered) by invisible2(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2009
Onlytruth:

So do you have "light, water, work, road and other amenities"? Have you taken a look at the top 60-70% of federal positions in Nigeria and do you know they are all manned by northerners? I was only responding to someone who thinks tribalism in Nigeria is a figment of my imagination. Of course I could care less (and I suspect most Igbos would too) about who control things in Nigeria. But we care that they are doing a good job and that they are doing it the best way possible (considering the overwhelming man power in Nigeria).  Soludo deserved a second term and many would agree that if he is a northerner he would have got it. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you. You can believe what you want!

And you think the poor masses in the north feel the impact, or how much were you paid because your brother was the CBN governor for five years?

These things dont matter much till the will be paying Ibos for using their children as ministers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu / Vehicles Conveying 56,750 Ammunition Intercepted In Oyo State / House Of Reps Grill Kemi Adeosun & Others Over Nonpayment Of Pensioners(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.