Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,895 members, 7,980,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 06:32 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (68314 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2009
dayokanu:

A deliberate conspiracy like you guys always talk about should be able to fix the draw against EPL clubs.
A deliberate dislike should make sure you are out and get you tough draws

A group with Arsenal, Real Madrid, Fiorentina, wolfsburg would have been more appropriate
Come on . . . stop talking like a Dayo cheesy

They cannot affect draws, every idiot knows that.
If people could affect draws, the Millwall Vs West Ham draw woulda been avoided.

But they can affect decisions and perceptions and that's what Platini is doing. . .
Look at the way they go on and on about homegrown players when they know who exactly they're witch-hunting
Also look at the campaign against player/transfer finances coming from the same person that supported Ronaldo's transfer to Madrid.

Platini on Ronaldo (When speculated fee was £30mil)
If the club has the finances they can do it, if they don't have the money they can't."

After he found out how much money Man Utd was going to make out of it
These transfers represent a serious challenge to the idea of fair play and the concept of financial balance in our competitions.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2009
The game is on men
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
Eldee are you watching the game at all ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2009
edoyad:

Eldee are you watching the game at all ?
For a few of us that have the divine abilty to use a latop infront of a TV . . . it comes naturally cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2009
Are they insinuating that Ed is the reason he didn't get a penalty ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
English refs are seriously effed .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2009
Why didn't AA get a penalty for christ's sake ? Why didn't Carrick get a yellow ?
Darn shame!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by rasputinn(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2009
Ohhhhhhhhhhh,half time why na   grin grin  
Diaby was going to make it 2 goals and the ref blew his whistle     grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2009
Thank God Cr7 is no more. Cos i'd hate to think of how he'd have punished some poor decisions we and ref made.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Seun(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2009
The discussion of the current match continues here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-315564.128.html#msg4447337 !!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
Is this open now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2009
I tire o . . . shocked

wetin concern me with matchday thread ?

anyways. . . congrats to the perennial cheats. . .Manure United !

they have done it again. . .the PDP way !

who says the EPL doesnt have a Manchester coloration ?

God punish all these doofuses that say I dont know what am talking about when I say AW has been way too docile, now I see AW a changed man that knows he has to bring all to bear IF ARSENAL IS TO DISCONTINUE ITS 'OPPRESSED AND PERENIALLY CHEATED' TAG  cool

FFS . . .what was that ? for crying out loud that was a bloody goal and if the players were half as smart as they should be at this stage . . .WALKING OUT OF THE MATCH WONT BE A BIG DEAL, NOT MINDING THAT THERE MIGHT BE A PUNISHMENT, BUT WHAT ABT THE LONG RUN ? WHY NOT THINK OF UTILIZING THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT TO SETTLE THIS SCORE ?

for how long do we want to complain of being unlucky at the hands of these inefficient refs ?  undecided

I thank God that Wenger must now realize his folly . . .without Cesc and Adebayor, ARSENAL SUFFERED and it showed  cry  cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2009
Dear gunners,
it is with a heavy heart i come to announce my severance with anything England and Football in the same sentence.
You see the same things happen year after year but there still happens to be no effort to correct what is blatantly wrong and fundamentally immoral.
My friends who watch la liga and the Scudetto constantly harass on how i'm able to tolerate what goes on in the premiership when it will never be corrected.
Ever wonder why the UK teams never win any football tourneys ? Well except the one they HOSTED and robbed Germany and the others of.
A system exists to keep their fans in an illusion that they have good players but when they come to face the rest of the world they're made to look stupid.
Any one who has any unfinished business with me can occasionally find me on Barca thread but i dont even know if I'll be there for long before moving on with my life.
I'll support Arsenal in Europe atleast i know they have a more level ground to show what they can do there but this is essentially my last post on this thread.
Take care of yourselves and remember that life sucks, then you die
VICTORY THROUGH HARMONY. Good bye
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2009
Dear gunners,
it is with a heavy heart i come to announce my severance with anything England and Football in the same sentence.
You see the same things happen year after year but there still happens to be no effort to correct what is blatantly wrong and fundamentally immoral.
The same thing Dayokanu preaches everytime but you bleat like a castrated Donkey. England is f*cked

My friends who watch la liga and the Scudetto constantly harass on how i'm able to tolerate what goes on in the premiership when it will never be corrected.
[b]Ever wonder why the UK teams never win any football tourneys ? Well except the one they HOSTED and robbed Germany and the others of[ A system exists to keep their fans in an illusion that they have good players but when they come to face the rest of the world they're made to look stupid./b].
It took you how many years to realise. Consider the number of years in your lifetime you have wasted

The same thing I have always preached

Any one who has any unfinished business with me can occasionally find me on Barca thread but i dont even know if I'll be there for long before moving on with my life.

They dont want you there GLORY HUNTER. why to Barca why not open a Stoke City fan thread. Ashawo fan.

I'll support Arsenal in Europe atleast i know they have a more level ground to show what they can do there but this is essentially my last post on this thread.

The exodus already started in August!!! It must suck being an Arsenal fan!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2009
ARSENAL FC were the better side in today's game and to hell with that stats. . . .

the REF as always is shyte ESP wiv UTD. . . . . .i dont know why FIFA/E-FA hasn't interfare into this. . .

so sad that they make pretty footie looks as though it has no results. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

IF ARSENAL IS TO DISCONTINUE ITS 'OPPRESSED AND PERENIALLY CHEATED' TAG  cool

FFS . . .what was that ? for crying out loud that was a bloody goal and if the players were half as smart as they should be at this stage . . .WALKING OUT OF THE MATCH WONT BE A BIG DEAL, NOT MINDING THAT THERE MIGHT BE A PUNISHMENT, BUT WHAT ABT THE LONG RUN ? WHY NOT THINK OF UTILIZING THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT TO SETTLE THIS SCORE ?

Kitaun. . . . . . .Gallas was OFFside when the ball was floated in.
The decision by the line assistant was a correct decision. Arsenal were not cheated by the match officials.
Arsenal were cheated by the head of DIABY!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2009
@Sauron

shut ur gob up !

when the balll was floated in . . .Gallas retreated and was played right back into play !

get real ! IT WASNT OFFSIDE angry

edoyad:

Dear gunners,
Ever wonder why the UK teams never win any football tourneys ? Well except the one they HOSTED and robbed Germany and the others of.
A system exists to keep their fans in an illusion that they have good players but when they come to face the rest of the world they're made to look stupid.

This is why I feel like tearing some peeps here to pieces. . .who told you that the Spanish league doesnt have his own flaws ?

later they will say KITAUN IS NOT A GUNNER BY HEART undecided

na wao . . . grin

I wonder why we all cant see the positives in this and move ahead, .I would rather lose to Manure and wake up than win Manure and lose to all those shyte clubs and struggle with Everton and Sunderland for 6th place grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2009
@edoyad

It favoured you guys midweek, i didn't see you castigate the ref and your club. Always clutching on straws. Arsenal will always play but sadly they will lose. They play for playing sake while united play for a purpose(to win) thatz the difference. As far as they pass the ball well Arsenal Board and AW will be happy not minding how the fans feels. Then @ the end of the season AW will fling your best to make money for them. Refs make grave mistakes and it favours arsenal sometimes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2009
FICKLE GLORY HUNTERS running to Barca. why not to Stoke or Recreativo?

I think Arsenal or Chelsea should have the least number of REAL fans not Sunday Sunday followers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Sauron

shut your gob up !

when the balll was floated in . . .Gallas retreated and was played right back into play !

get real ! IT WASNT OFFSIDE  angry

Even the most-blinded bat in the world knew Gallas was offside.
The line assistant flagged well before Arsenal put the ball in the net so there wasn't anything dodgy about that decision.
Gallas strayed offside before the ball was played UNLESS you don't understand the offside rule.

I pity WENGER here: This is what we call PRE-EJACULATION. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

This is why I feel like tearing some peeps here to pieces. . .who told you that the Spanish league doesnt have his own flaws ?

later they will say KITAUN IS NOT A GUNNER BY HEART undecided

na wao . . . grin

I wonder why we all cant see the positives in this and move ahead, .I would rather lose to Manure and wake up than win Manure and lose to all those shyte clubs and struggle with Everton and Sunderland for 6th place grin

Some posts shouldn't be dignified with a response.I understand everyone's hurt but it wasn't as if the team was played off the park today.
Next stop is Ade's team and i am wondering who you will be supporting on the day?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2009
dayokanu:

FICKLE GLORY HUNTERS running to Barca. why not to Stoke or Recreativo?

I think Arsenal or Chelsea should have the least number of REAL fans not Sunday Sunday followers
hehehe grin grin grin grin grin. Where is ur iyawo? She has suddenly gone silent abi? Gayners abeg I no wan rub pepper into una wound. I will just let una wallow in your sorrrow.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2009
Arsenal was robbed today.
What a shame. cry

BTW, Diaby should be hung for not making up for his blunder.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by yousouph(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
Gallas wasnt offside abi there is new offside rules in town that i dont know? Anyway, life goes on and our own ojoro is coming Emirate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2009
yousouph:

Gallas wasnt offside abi there is new offside rules in town that i dont know? Anyway, life goes on and our own ojoro is coming Emirate.

Gallas was clearly offside. . . . . .Jesus, can't you guys interpret the OFFside rule?
Martin Tyler/Andy Gray were shouting "HE'S OFFSIDE" before RVP buried the ball in the net.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2009
Gallas was clearly offside. . . . . .Jesus, can't you guys interpret the OFFside rule?

You're officially blind.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2009
BlueDiva:

You're officially blind.

And you are officially STUPID.
I understand your blindness. . . . .Watching football games on SDTV format can be misleading.
How can any idiot say Gallas was ONside?

An unnecessary own goal by Abou Diaby gave them all three points and doubtless contributed to Wenger's touchline apoplexy, though to be strictly correct that was more likely to have been a disallowed equaliser from Robin Van Persie in the last minute of stoppage-time. Replays suggested the referee's assistant was correct in ruling William Gallas OFFSIDE and active in the build-up, though Wenger was plainly unconvinced. As United-Arsenal encounters go, this had been a slow-burner, though Wenger's martyred expression as he was made to vacate the dugout with no more than four or five seconds remaining kept up the fixture's reputation for drama. It also confirmed Mike Dean's reputation as the fussiest and most pedantic of referees.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/29/premier-league-manchester-united-arsenal1
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

An unnecessary own goal by Abou Diaby gave them all three points and doubtless contributed to Wenger's touchline apoplexy, though to be strictly correct that was more likely to have been a disallowed equaliser from Robin Van Persie in the last minute of stoppage-time. Replays suggested the referee's assistant was correct in ruling William Gallas OFFSIDE and active in the build-up, though Wenger was plainly unconvinced. As United-Arsenal encounters go, this had been a slow-burner, though Wenger's martyred expression as he was made to vacate the dugout with no more than four or five seconds remaining kept up the fixture's reputation for drama. It also confirmed Mike Dean's reputation as the fussiest and most pedantic of referees.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/29/premier-league-manchester-united-arsenal1

That part should have been edited.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
Replays suggested the referee's assistant was correct in ruling William Gallas OFFSIDE and active in the build-up, though Wenger was plainly unconvinced

And i say he wasn't.!!
Who gives a sh.it what the Guardian reporter thinks?
I don't even want to mention that dodgy penalty.

Arsenal is wack i know,
All i ask is beat them fair and square. !!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by yousouph(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2009
@sauron. I don hear u but personally i belief its not offside. If its Man U, guess you wont say its offside. Anyway, no need for offside or not because Man u already copped the 3 points. Diaby head cost us at least 1 point. Lets how we react to Man citey in 2 weeks!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2009
Arsenal goalkeeper Almunia was the central figure when United equalised after 59 minutes, making an ill-judged dash from his line and felling Rooney as he went away from goal. Rooney recovered to send Almunia the wrong way from the spot and United's hopes were revived.

In this, of all weeks, Emmanuel Eboue really should not have been going down under a non-existent challenge from Patrice Evra that rightly got him booked. It was just the start of more controversy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2009
kay_pumpin:

That part should have been edited.

Why?
Nobody likes Mike Dean. . . . .I was expecting Howard Webb to officiate a game of that magnitude.
Mike Dean pays attention to every detail. . . . . .The match was about 30 secs to go when he sent off Wenger for kicking an empty bottle.
I don't understand that decision. . . . .neither did i understand why he booked Sagna for complaining.

But he got the big decsions right. . . . . .Gallas was clearly OFFside and the flag was up even before RVP scored.

BlueDiva:

And i say he wasn't.!!
Who gives a sh.it what the Guardian reporter thinks?
I don't even want to mention that dodgy penalty.

The only reason you don't give a shit about a reporter who had the benefit of watching the REPLAY is because you are a simpleton.
Almunia fouled Rooney. . . .His hands were across Rooney's legs and he brought him down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal (5 - 0) On 28th August 2021 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / PSG Vs Barcelona : UCL (4 - 0) On 14th February 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.