Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,907 members, 7,876,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65555 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chamotex(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

He needs to see a brain-surgeon. . . . .Nucca has changed since he came back from his vacation.

Are you saying Debosky is a 'Nucca'?
Are you saying his IQ is way below the national average?
You are basically saying that Debosky's brain is in dire need of surgery, right?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
Y'all should stop engaging Sharon in his asinine argument. You CANNOT change a referee's decision on the pitch no matter what you do. Once a referee has called a penalty that is FINAL unless his linesman gives him contrary advice and even then he can overrule him.

Klose is also known among other players as being just and fair in his play. Where many others would fake the fall or take the penalty Klose often makes the play fair. He was awarded with the Fair Play trophy by sports journalists. While playing with Werder he was fouled by Bielefeld goalkeeper and given a penalty kick. Klose knowing he had not been fouled let the referee know and the call was revoked. He is admired by his fellow players for this.

Adebollocks is back to his usual dust yarning again!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
chamotex:

Are you saying Debosky is a 'Nucca'?
Are you saying his IQ is way below the national average?
You are basically saying that Debosky's brain is in dire need of surgery, right?

A resounding YES to all the questions.

debosky:

Eduardo banned for what?
Mr. Ayusman can you tell me that Dudu 'dived' to get a penalty? Were you in his head? Can you tell me whether he lost his footing, fell over due to his own momentum or the slight touch from Boruc took him over or he simply avoided a challenge remembering his terrible injury of over a year ago? 

Ohhhh. . . . .please.
But you were comfy calling Ronaldo a diver without asking these questions.
Stop being a Arrow and admit Eduardo dived. Ayusman has spoken well.

You CANNOT single Eduardo out, seek to ruin his name in football when the same standard has not been applied to other players in the past. You cannot pick and choose when to apply rules and MUST do so at all times. Every single debatable penalty must be investigated or NONE.

The SFA complained and this is why this schitzo is being investigated. . . . .
Like Nairaland, if i don't complain Chamotex called me a "Arrow", do you clowns use your discretion to either delete/lock threads? grin grin

I trust Arsenal FC on this - UEFA will not know what hit them when we bombard them with evidence. If they go ahead to ban Dudu everyone who plays us in the CL better watch out because we will question and report every single incident to the 'chief inspector' and get them banned too.

Arsenal cannot do nowt!!!
On this one, Eduardo dived. . . . .I don't care if he's a first offender or he was scared losing his ankle again. . . . . .
The crux of the matter is Dudu dived and he will be punished.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ayusman16(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
Bros! I watched it over and over again and think it ws a dive, Was happy initially when d penalty ws awarded bt ws later disappointed when it ws replayd. I am an advocate 4 all divers 2 punished bt a precedence must be set.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2009
Dudu isn't ban yet. . .right?

@Debo - Welcome back kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2009
**Yawns**
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
Sauron, Borat sounds like a convention of bad movie characters. kpshewwwwwww.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by biina: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
debosky:

Eduardo banned for what?

Mr. Ayusman can you tell me that Dudu 'dived' to get a penalty? Were you in his head? Can you tell me whether he lost his footing, fell over due to his own momentum or the slight touch from Boruc took him over or he simply avoided a challenge remembering his terrible injury of over a year ago? 

You CANNOT single Eduardo out, seek to ruin his name in football when the same standard has not been applied to other players in the past. You cannot pick and choose when to apply rules and MUST do so at all times. Every single debatable penalty must be investigated or NONE.

I trust Arsenal FC on this - UEFA will not know what hit them when we bombard them with evidence. If they go ahead to ban Dudu everyone who plays us in the CL better watch out because we will question and report every single incident to the 'chief inspector' and get them banned too.
UEFA have not said they are reversing the referees decision on the penalty, changing the score line or requesting a replay.
Eduardo is accused of diving, and will be punished (and rightfully so) if found guilty.
Have other players not been carded if they are found guilty of diving by the ref?
If you can prove his innocence, then go ahead, though I doubt it, as the video evidence was clear that there was no contact.
You only have grounds to complain if UEFA doesn't take similar action against future offenders.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2009
There WAS contact in video evidence that is irrefutable. Boruc's knee/shin made contact with Eduardo's right foot. Incontrovertible video evidence.

biina:

UEFA have not said they are reversing the referees decision on the penalty, changing the score line or requesting a replay.
Eduardo is accused of diving, and will be punished (and rightfully so) if found guilty.
Have other players not been carded if they are found guilty of diving by the ref?
If you can prove his innocence, then go ahead, though I doubt it, as the video evidence was clear that there was no contact.
You only have grounds to complain if UEFA doesn't take similar action against future offenders.

UEFA is reversing the referee's decision on the penalty by attempting to punish an alleged incident that the referee observed and deemed NOT to be an offence. If that is not reversing the decision I don't know what is.

If a referee doesn't SEE an incident then it can be acted upon - if the referee sees it but deems not to punish/act on it, the matter is FINISHED. That is the standard rule.

We will prove his innocence, even though UEFA's decision has never been based on objectivity. Even deciding to carry out this action smacks of bias and cowardice.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
biina:

If decisions are to be made retrospectively,why can't UEFA just go the whole hog?What if Eduardo's dive and resultant penalty had been the match winner or decider,you feel or think a 2 match ban would have ameliorate the pain of Celtic's ouster?

biina:

Have other players not been carded if they are found guilty of diving by the ref?.
And yellow card and a 2-match ban are same?

biina:

And past offenders,even the blinding case of Gerrard?What makes Eduardo case different from his?

And i ask again,how does UEFA decipher when a player intend to con the referee?How do you know when he tripped or fell when avoiding an on rushing player?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
debosky:

If a referee doesn't SEE an incident then it can be acted upon - if the referee sees it but deems not to punish/act on it, the matter is FINISHED. That is the standard rule.

Ohhh, shut it. . . .
This is not the first time this rule will be used to punish divers.
SFA complained and UEFA are looking into it to see if Eduardo conned the referee. . . .and he has been charged for it.

Dudu's gamesmanship must be punished.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 12:57am On Aug 29, 2009
kay_pumpin:

And i ask again,how does UEFA decipher when a player intend to con the referee?How do you know when he tripped or fell when avoiding an on rushing player?

Pertinent question bro - I guess Platini practices mind reading in his spare time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 6:10am On Aug 29, 2009
Scummies beware. Dudu will take it out on your team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by toba1909(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2009
sirwebs:

Thought AW is still contemplating using Dudu today,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by rasputinn(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2009
sirwebs:

Haha,that would be poetic in an sense.
They're all here yarnning opata about dive or no dive,forgetting how they cherished the many spot-kick goals they got from Cristiano Ronaldo's legendary dives.
The guy dove so much you thought while his teammates trained on the pitch,he trained on the platform.
However,he's left the scummies now,so his sins are forgiven  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 10:45am On Aug 29, 2009
I hope this thread wont be shut during the match like Criz said. With the amount of imbeciles running naked on the match thread There's no way i'm using that one.
I've always known Scum to be uncultured nitwits but these days they're reaching astronomical heights.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ayusco: 11:38am On Aug 29, 2009
i know this incident has being argued to death here but the point that wenger & debo are trying to make is that uefa are being hypocrital or at best behaving like vigilantes. No body here is sayin dudu didn't dive to win a pen but the ref(though wrongly) has ruled on it and as such u would have thought mature peeps as painful as it is move on but no! bitch on something that can't change the result. i also wonder what kind of lenses uefa is using picking on dudu while missing the more crucial incidents of the past. case in point chelsea in last year's semi- final 2nd leg tie against barca were denied a clear pen when the ball clearly hit piques hand. even though wrong that decision turned out to be crucial in the end and what did uefa do? they rightly respected that though disastrous the ref's call was final. But with Arsenal they are gong ho all moral, puhlezz! my fellow gunners abeg what is your take on todays game
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 11:44am On Aug 29, 2009
Gaynners i'm with you on this one,
The only thing i will prefer the scumtwats to is the devil himself, and thats after thoughtful consideration,
make them pay, cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2009
Andy Gray says it all on this raging issue. . . .

In the modern game it is so difficult to decide if it is a dive - footballers travel at such a pace it only takes the slightest nudge to put them off balance. It is a really strange one for me.

It has also opened a massive can of worms. It encourages people to complain about and contest every decision. For instance, when a guy claims for a corner when he knows it isn't a corner - that's trying to deceive the referee, isn't it?

All the Bristol City players who said Freddie Sears' 'goal' for Crystal Palace didn't go in were deceiving the referee - do we go back and charge all of them?

Arsene Wenger thought Ryan Babel went over softly in the Champions League two seasons ago to win a penalty late on - do we go that far back? Should Babel be retrospectively charged?

I saw Howard Webb book a young Fiorentina player in midweek for trying to win a penalty. I actually thought it was a penalty but he was shown a yellow card for simulation - so Eduardo does the same and could get a two game ban? Was the Fiorentina player not deceiving Howard Webb by diving?

All I can say is let's hope if we see a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Milan player do a similar thing this season UEFA are as quick to react as they were with Eduardo. It's not for me to say but their dislike of the English sides' dominance is well documented.

Most major question he raised here have been burning on my mind all along.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2009
AA23 may start tonight's game from the bench?? i read this somewhere . . .

and i just hope that Dudu is in the right frame of mind
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2009
All I can say is let's hope if we see a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Milan player do a similar thing this season UEFA are as quick to react as they were with Eduardo. It's not for me to say but their dislike of the English sides' dominance is well documented.

Complete stupidity and paranoia. UEFA dislikes English sides yet they all get easy group draws every year.

If any of them had a difficult group then we would have heard how its a conspiracy.

Steven Gerrard gets a last minute penalty against Atletico at Anfield becos Atletico was from England.

Arsenal got a dubious penalty last seasons CL semi finals I didnt hear about UEFA dislike.

Chelsea for all their fan trouble towards referee were not ordered to play behind closed doors like Roma in 2004/2005 Yet UEFA hates English clubs.

STUPID PEOPLE IDIOTIC REASONING
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2009
all this blablablaba wey dey come from una mouth sef  undecided

Eduardo dived. . . . why is that so difficult to admit ? obviously HIS INTENTION TO DIVE gave him away, so any talk of Boruc making contact with him is hogwash, so LETS MOVE ON !!!  cool

Platini might be a nitwit but we can only substantiate that in this instance if similar events are not treated accordingly as from now on,  . what this means ? ARSENAL AND EDUARDO ARE THE FOUNDATION SCAPEGOATS . . .in the real sense of it, I can only take the psositives from the decision . . .WENGER HAS NOW PROMISED TO CHALLENGE ANY DECISION THAT PUTS US IN AN UNCOMFORTABLE SITUATION !

now thats the spirit!!! . . .who remembers the way Kurt and Liverpool bundled us out of the UECL without anyone raising an eyebrow ? I prefer a Wenger that is more aggresive on the field and outside it to the one that would just absorb any rubbish !  grin

anyways. . . Dudu needs to be talked to, we dont want to start harbouring cheats in the club, or did EBOUE pass some baton to him ?  grin  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2009
@DK

when last did Bayern Munich get to a meaningful stage of the UECL ?

DONT U GET TIRED OF ALL THIS TRASH TALK ?

must u always be the synonym for IDIOTIC YARNS ? undecided

I WEEP FOR U ! cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2009
Good decision by referee. Palacios didn't ish to Mc Fadden
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2009
@DK

when last did Bayern Munich get to a meaningful stage of the UECL ?

DONT U GET TIRED OF ALL THIS TRASH TALK ?

must u always be the synonym for unfortunate YARNS ?  

I WEEP FOR U !

WHen was the last time Arsenal won a league

Arsenal is now a synonym for failure

why would English idiots complain when decisions go against them. I didnt see them complain of UEFA bias when Gerrard dove last year, when Fabregas got a cheap penalty too last year

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by DrKitaun(m): 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2009
Mumu . . .

no wonder they bash u unabashedly here . . .

some of these guys sef never dey kindergarten when u don dey watch ball

repent !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2009
Dr Kit,
If my bashing would bring trophies to the cabinet of Arsenal so be it
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Complete stupidity and paranoia. UEFA dislikes English sides yet they all get easy group draws every year.

If any of them had a difficult group then we would have heard how its a conspiracy.

Steven Gerrard gets a last minute penalty against Atletico at Anfield becos Atletico was from England.

Arsenal got a dubious penalty last seasons CL semi finals I didnt hear about UEFA dislike.

Chelsea for all their fan trouble towards referee were not ordered to play behind closed doors like Roma in 2004/2005 Yet UEFA hates English clubs.

STUPID PEOPLE unfortunate REASONING

How much of power and influence does anyone have on a DRAW Dayo? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2009
A deliberate conspiracy like you guys always talk about should be able to fix the draw against EPL clubs.
A deliberate dislike should make sure you are out and get you tough draws

A group with Arsenal, Real Madrid, Fiorentina, wolfsburg would have been more appropriate
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2009
I've got a feeling
that tonight's gonna be a good night
that tonight's gonna be a good night . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2009
These players just dont know when to get injured. How could Fab miss this game ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2009
What rubbish is that ? An elbow to Verm's face.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.