Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,367 members, 7,923,486 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:53 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (66845 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2009
Arsenal keeper Manuel Almunia needlessly fouled Wayne Rooney after 59 minutes to allow the England striker to equalise from the penalty spot.

Arsenal goalkeeper Almunia was the central figure when United equalised after 59 minutes, making an ill-judged dash from his line and felling Rooney as he went away from goal. Rooney recovered to send Almunia the wrong way from the spot and United's hopes were revived

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8223417.stm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2009
The only reason you don't give a shit about what a reporter who had the benefit of watching the REPLAY is because you are a simpleton.
Almunia fouled Rooney. . . .His hands were across Rooney's legs and he brought him down.

Nothing will change the scores.
As a victim of ref's poor decisions, i know how it feels.

The harm has been done.
Too bad gaynners lost this game.
I think Diaby should be shot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2009
dayokanu:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8223417.stm

Almunia didn't get the ball. . . . .He got Rooney's legs. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2009
BlueDiva:

I think Diaby should be shot.
Why exactly did you think so? cuz he made a mistake? The guy was excellent all through the game. Anybody can score an own goal unless you want to tell us that he visited the bookies b4 the game otherwise i see that as a mistake.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
presido1:

Why exactly did you think so? cuz he made a mistake? The guy was excellent all through the game. Anybody can score an own goal unless you want to tell us that he visited the bookies b4 the game otherwise i see that as a mistake.

Abou Diaby has been listening to Agent Silvestre. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Abou Diaby has been listening to Agent Silvestre. grin grin
Hahahaha this is not far from the truth, i saw Silvestre wisper to him when they were coming out from the tunnel after the halt time. Silver is doing his job wella. tongue tongue I don't know why AW didn't play him today, i thought he suspected sometin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2009

He couldn't make up for his blunder.
He had a chance to pull one back.

Escobar pulled one back, yet he was still shot.  cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2009
Okay i'm back , HNIC & kalashnikov pumpin no hard feelings here, i may be i deserved that. dayo later on for you.
But i really have to reply to this cess pit running his mouth here like the incestuous union.
How can any slowpoke for the love of any thing good say what we watched this evening is a celebration of football.
Dayo has been talking about the premierships dubiousness for some time(could a league get lower than when referees place bets on games they officiate ? so dayo stay out) and one has to wonder if There's no validity to what many have been driving at for some time.
Can we really say the gambling cartels from Russia and Asia are not influencing outcomes in the premiership ?
Arshavin almost had his leg cut in half and the ref just acted like it was nothing.
Come on guys there has to be more than meets the eyes, dont you think
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2009
sour luck,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 12:01am On Aug 30, 2009
Wowie so we lost.Its funny i dont know who to start blaming but i guess the obvious culprits are that armed bandit that's disguised as a ref and Diaby
Fairplay to the Scummies they struck when the iron was hot something it seems we've forgotten how to do that in recent years.I think we could use a team shrink to psych these boys up when would they learn to stand up and be counted in big games?heck its now a crime to even be happy when we score first because you can almost bet your left nut sack that we would lose that advantage.
Expecting any favorable decision from a ref at OT is akin to trying to pound yam with a syringe even my octogenarian grand pa in Sapele knows that every 50-50 decision at OT usually goes in favor of the Scummies so expecting anything otherwise by the ref would be naive. .Its been on for years afterall we saw Fletcher's two footed lunge at Arshavin

It seems Arsene isn't signing anymore and this is very worrying
Lets hope our injury absentees get back after the int'l break and there are no fresh ones hopefully this would be a wake up call and not a death knell we would find out against Citeh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2009
Man U were played off the park. The referee had a nightmare and Diaby as usual is having his bad games now. I have always said he is a 1 in 3 man. Plays good in one game and then bleeps up in the next two!
How the foul on Arshavin was not a penalty is beyond me.
Anyway Gunners hold your head up high, Man U have the points due to good fortune not good play.
The gulf in class was apparent, on a good day it should have been at best 1-3
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2009
Sauron, lets get it straight:

Gallas was offside.
Carrick's tackle on Arshavin was a stone cold penalty that even Steve Wonder would have given
Rooney was going to ground even before contact, he sold the referee big time.
Diaby under NO pressure headed backwards into his own net?
Eboue was an embarrasment with that dive, if he can cut that shit out he can be good.
Last fact of the day: Arsenal outplayed Man U but went home with jack and you are the posterchild for ugliness.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2009
A-40:

Wowie so we lost.Its funny i dont know who to start blaming but i guess the obvious culprits are that armed bandit that's disguised as a ref and Diaby

Vieira:

Man U were played off the park. The referee had a nightmare and Diaby

grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 1:55am On Aug 30, 2009
But gosh seeing that goal again and mehn i gotta admit Arshavin is a bad mutha-shut-your-mouth he seems to be one of the few cats that know what to do with the ball i hope to God his injury isn't serious
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 3:04am On Aug 30, 2009
Different season, same ol shit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 7:24am On Aug 30, 2009
I have never been keen on Diaby. First he injures Nasri and now this. As has been said our boys lack the fight. But Nasri & Rozzi on the pitch would have helped. For the first time in along time am glad for the int'l break. Its like a time-out for us. I guess Wenger is done with the market.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2009
Wow what a difference a good night's sleep can make grin
Y'all have to forgive my minute of madness yesterday, just couldn't believe my freaking eye at the injustice. But if i'm complaining then what do i expect Liverpool fans to do ?
I have never been keen on Diaby. First he injures Nasri and now this
Come on Sirwebs, our midfield was good last night save for some give aways which the other side was guilty of too.
Imagine if that had been an European game then you'd appreciate what we had lastnight. So Diaby scored an own goal, dude that guy is slowly becoming a master weaver, he really made Evra look ordinary lastnight.
It's our first loss of the season, we lost 2-1 controversially, away at what is on paper the most difficult game of the season(or is there a more difficult game than playing away to the champions). Now , if Wenger can not use last night to reassure the boys of our genuine opportunity at the title this season i dont know what else he can use.
With the return of the Nasri, T.roz and Walcott in the horizon, i dont see why we can't amass those chips like a mofo.
My only concern is Arshavin, having survived that homicide attempt, he seems to have hurt himself stretching for the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by No2Atheism(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2009
grin grin grin

- 49 match unbeaten run ended by rudeboydivesteroy

rudeboydivestroy was at it again yesterday
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by No2Atheism(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2009
- Notice that Almunia's hands did not even catch Rooney, instead it was rooney that fell on top of him intentionally . . . .  grin grin grin grin . . . . Almunia's hands actually caught the ground and hit the ground infront of Rooney

- I think Rooney was already falling, before he even hit almunia . . . . (he has been taught well in synchronised diving, Eduardo still has a lot to learn grin grin grin)

[img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2966/rsmbysixtoo.gif
[/img]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaypumpin2(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2009
I am so liking this new Wenger. . . .

On the frustration of not getting any points from the match

"Football is unpredictable. I believe in this team we lack some calmness, maturity and experience when we were in moments where we were not under panic at all. We assessed wrongly two situations. The first one, Rooney was no danger to score, there was no need to panic. And on the second one as well. There was not one player of Man United around our players. So it’s lack of communication and still little bit I feel in these situations that we might be lacking a little bit of experience."

I can't remember in any post match interview taking a dig at his own team and i think it's a step in the right direction.I hope he buys the experience he feels we need before the transfer window closes.wishful thinking

@edoyad

kalashnikov pumpin? grin Anyway,you are welcome back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2009
Wow what can i say. . .
After dominating the game at OT shocked
After rattling the scummies in thier own backyard shocked
After going ahead with a cracker of a goal shocked
The result of all that was to lose 2-1 conceding two silly goals in two moments of madness. . .
Almunia was reckless and as for Diaby, i reserve my comments
I hope we continue to play decent football all season, because if we do, we are in for a shout to be honest
So far, Chelsea is the only team in the top four with a better chance but we will be right up there come May
Common gunners, chin up, heads up and bounce straight back up!
Wenger was comical when he got sent off and i thought Ji Sung's cousin winding him up in the stands was funny2 grin
Gooner85 cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by jaybee3(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Wow what can i say. . .
After dominating the game at OT shocked
After rattling the scummies in thier own backyard shocked
After going ahead with a cracker of a goal shocked
The result of all that was to lose 2-1 conceding two silly goals in two moments of madness. . .
Almunia was reckless and as for Diaby, i reserve my comments
I hope we continue to play decent football all season, because if we do, we are in for a shout to be honest
So far, Chelsea is the only team in the top four with a better chance but we will be right up there come May
Common gunners, chin up, heads up and bounce straight back up!
Wenger was comical when he got sent off and i thought Ji Sung's cousin winding him up in the stands was funny2 grin
Gooner85 cool

awwwwww eeya pele
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

Wenger was comical when he got sent off and i thought [b]Ji Sung's cousin winding him [/b]up in the stands was funny2 grin
Gooner85 cool

Did you see the Man U guy who was offering Wenger his spectacles? Even I had to laugh at that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Vieira(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2009
I watched the game in a pub and the atmosphere was electric!!

Singing and chanting, loved it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ritchboy(m): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2009
Well what can i say, we were in complete control of d game & then rooney kicks d ball 1000 yards ahead into the ad boards where even clark kent wouldnt get to it then takes a tumble & d rest is history.
Once again the atrocious officiating on weekly display in the prem has cost us. . . . . .
I wonder what uefa have to say about this!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2009
Anybody think there is substance in the latest Chamakh stories. It'll be great if we get the guy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2009
Chamahk, yes decent player. But if i had any doubt in our squad those doubts were quashed last night. The only problem that could arise is in the defense i believe.
Last night was supposed to be our most difficult game, if It's downhill from here then i'm more confident than ever that we've got a realistic chance.
We were always going to taste our first defeat, thanks to one scumbag it has arrived sooner than later.
I do like cham but the problem is where he'll fit in with Walcot, Nasri and T.roz coming back after the break. undecided
Right now an experienced defender that can put in a number of games when needed is what i'm hoping for (and please dont even mention Sylvest)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by No2Atheism(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2009
another evidence of arsenal being mugged grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by No2Atheism(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2009
more evidence

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by No2Atheism(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2009
Even the man-utd fans knew it was a penalty shocked shocked shocked

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by nateevs(m): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2009
Ade has scored again.

Hmmm!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by jalether(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2009
Yet another city win, where are the useless gayners and scummies predicting a midtable finish for

the Abhu dabi's this season grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle United - (4 - 1) On September 11 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.